ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Knicks off season thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Re: < NY Knicks off season thread > 

Post#41 » by TruthBeTold » Wed May 9, 2018 7:40 pm

Triple C wrote:So the other thread has arrived at 100 pages, let's put here all the news about the coach, training video and stuff like that not draft related.

Read on Twitter

I'll add the full interview here as well - XOXO Cap:

The more I listen to Fiz, the more I like him. And if he is successful with the Knicks, you know I got to call some of you fans out for not wanting him because you preferred an inexperience G-League player development coach. I'm sure they don't play NBA level defense in the G- League, just ask Burke. Oh, and I just want to say Fizdale was one of my top 2 choices. :D Wait, I think it's too early to say that. I'll wait till KP comes back.:lol: You fans know I'm just messing with you guys. Sometimes I like to stir up fans emotions while reading.:wink: If Fizdale is successful,then we are all winning as a Knicks family. We fans don't expect much next season because of injuries and bad contracts, but I can see the Knicks getting better under Fizdale as long as the front office :roll: make the right decisions moving forward.

Also, after Tuesday, we fans have to get to work on who we think the Knicks should draft. :nod: I believe we got the head coaching choice right, now we have to get the draft pick right. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Knicks pay attention to my draft choices. The Knicks might not get a future all star drafting 9th or lower, but they could get a very good future starter. :nod: 8-)
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#42 » by WajaBawl » Wed May 9, 2018 8:17 pm

TruthBeTold wrote:
Triple C wrote:So the other thread has arrived at 100 pages, let's put here all the news about the coach, training video and stuff like that not draft related.

Read on Twitter

The more I listen to Fiz, the more I like him. And if he is successful with the Knicks, you know I got to call some of you fans out for not wanting him because you preferred an inexperience G-League player development coach. I'm sure they don't play NBA level defense in the G- League, just ask Burke. Oh, and I just want to say Fizdale was one of my top 2 choices. :D Wait, I think it's too early to say that. I'll wait till KP comes back.:lol: You fans know I'm just messing with you guys. Sometimes I like to stir up fans emotions while reading.:wink: If Fizdale is successful,then we are all winning as a Knicks family. We fans don't expect much next season because of injuries and bad contracts, but I can see the Knicks getting better under Fizdale as long as the front office :roll: make the right decisions moving forward.

Also, after Tuesday, we fans have to get to work on who we think the Knicks should draft. :nod: I believe we got the head coaching choice right, now we have to get the draft pick right. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Knicks pay attention to my draft choices. The Knicks might not get a future all star drafting 9th or lower, but they could get a very good future starter. :nod: 8-)

RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,848

Post#43 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed May 9, 2018 8:23 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
j4remi wrote:
stuporman wrote:The way that KP missing the whole season is seemingly being floated out there now sounds a little 'Hinke' if you ask me.....

It certainly isn't something one hopes for or plans on but under the guise of caution for a players heath while still extending the maximum offer he'd get from the team anyway does seem similar.

Just play young guys to evaluate what the Knicks have in them and let the coach establish a culture, the fans will be patient for another year of losing if it's young players playing hard.

Honestly, I'm 100% with the tank because it's kinda our only choice but I also think we'd be better served getting KP out there on a minutes limit if he's ready to go than forcing him to sit. I'd like him to get comfortable pushing himself again and I think it's a lot easier to test those boundaries in competitive situations.

Like IND did with PG? Final 10 or so games to just get your rhythm back

That's the model I would follow. Either that or like how Chicago handled Lavine this year. Come back, play some games in the middle of the season, shut it down for like the last 15 or so.
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer

Post#44 » by TruthBeTold » Wed May 9, 2018 9:08 pm

WajaBawl wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:

Read on Twitter

:lol: I'm the guy who just recognized "YOUR NAME" FOR THE FIRST TIME. :clap: The question is VERY stupid if you yourself is not a well known member on this forum. And if you are a well known member on this forum, then I guess you really sucked in my eyes, because I never noticed you just like you never noticed me. Have you ever been right about anything you said regarding NBA Basketball? :roll: You may not know much about me because I don't have much time to be on this forum 24/7, but the fact that I've NEVER cared to reply to anything you said UNTIL NOW, or even give you an and1, tells me that your comments have always been meaningless to me. NOW.....

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,432

Post#45 » by Capn'O » Wed May 9, 2018 9:10 pm

TruthBeTold wrote:I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Knicks pay attention to my draft choices.

Why don't you join the draft discussion
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer

Post#46 » by TruthBeTold » Wed May 9, 2018 9:21 pm

Capn'O wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Knicks pay attention to my draft choices.

I will come after Tuesday. :nod:
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,541

Post#47 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed May 9, 2018 9:35 pm

Fury wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Fury wrote:

Hot ****, didn't even realize I did that. I tell my students that, "kids in third grade need to toughen up, because school is no longer about cupcakes, unicorns, and rainbows."

Damn, gonna have to change that up

:lol: i thought you were lowkey trolling
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#48 » by Newyorknick94 » Wed May 9, 2018 9:57 pm

TruthBeTold wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

I will come after Tuesday. :nod:

Pause
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
ABOVE_THE_RIM
Junior
And1: 50

Post#49 » by ABOVE_THE_RIM » Wed May 9, 2018 10:07 pm

This is my “for the culture” pick. Still woukdnt be mad if we are able to get Bamba>Knox>MIkal.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,842

Post#50 » by Triple C » Wed May 9, 2018 10:19 pm

Read on Twitter
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,350

Post#51 » by GEOLINK » Wed May 9, 2018 10:23 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can't wait to see this.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,214

Post#52 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed May 9, 2018 10:29 pm

it's pretty cool seeing our coach and front office (and even dolan) all on the same page. they're in this together. im kinda excited tbh
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,214

Post#53 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed May 9, 2018 10:30 pm

after finally watching the press conference, i can say that i already respect fiz more than hornacek
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,420

Post#54 » by Fury » Wed May 9, 2018 10:42 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Fury wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Hot ****, didn't even realize I did that. I tell my students that, "kids in third grade need to toughen up, because school is no longer about cupcakes, unicorns, and rainbows."

Damn, gonna have to change that up

:lol: i thought you were lowkey trolling

Lol nah gotta have unicorns
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,566

Post#55 » by newyorker4ever » Wed May 9, 2018 10:44 pm

TruthBeTold wrote:

Read on Twitter

:crazy: and :noway: and then :wavefinger: and now :sleep:
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#56 » by Jimmit79 » Wed May 9, 2018 11:07 pm

Knicks and Fizdale are saying all the right things but I hope they don't forget about tanking and collecting talent through the draft because otherwise this will be the same movie all over again.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,088

Post#57 » by vallen » Wed May 9, 2018 11:13 pm

KP wont be ready till the time of the year losing teams shut down their main players. I would be surprised to see KP play this season. It doesnt make any sense. Even for the Knicks. With a built in excuse to tank why wouldnt you take it ?
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#58 » by malik959 » Wed May 9, 2018 11:15 pm

WajaBawl wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:

Read on Twitter

:lift: :love: :pityfool: This is the mentality that has been lacking in NY for over 10 years now. I'm loving every bit of it. Defense first mentality, you will not just come in our house and think you wont get knocked on your azz! This is why Kanter must go!!! Go ahead and let Noah serve the rest of his contract and bring him in every time you need a body to hit the floor. Lonzo Ball - to the floor, LBJ - to the floor, Kyrie - to the floor, Dennis Smith - to the floor, Kevin Durant - to the floor, James Harden - to the floor, Russell Westbrook to the floor, Joel Embiid to the floor, Demar Derozen to the floor, and John Wall to the floor. That's 11 Technical fouls right there that Noah can make happen!
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,088

Post#59 » by vallen » Wed May 9, 2018 11:16 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:Knicks and Fizdale are saying all the right things but I hope they don't forget about tanking and collecting talent through the draft because otherwise this will be the same movie all over again.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

they can talk all they want we don't have the talent to do anything other than suck. We are the same lousy team that finished the season without KP. Fiz doesnt change that. he cant turn water to wine.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,046

Post#60 » by Sark » Wed May 9, 2018 11:18 pm

Not that I don't like what he's been saying, because he's a great speaker and motivator it seems, but he's saying the same exact thing that everyone says when they come in. The problem is that when the season comes, we always do the opposite.

Last year it was all about youth and defense. We played vets right on the treadmill till the bitter end.

Everyone would be accountable. Except no one was held accountable except for Frank, who got pulled for 1 bad play.

Our offense was gonna be a modern system with 3 point shooting, and lots of passes. We ended up shooting mid range isos all year, and sucked at 3 pointers.

At this point talk is cheap. Show me.

Return to New York Knicks