Lonzo ball vs Lavar Ball

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Mogspan
Senior
And1: 1,258

Re: Lonzo ball vs Lavar Ball 

Post#41 » by Mogspan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:25 am

Pinkyring wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:
Ice Trae wrote:"I made you guys superstars for a reason"

SMH

He's the Joe Jackson of the 21st century. Let's hope he hasn't messed his kids up as bad as Joe did.

Yeah making a family full of multimillionaires really is bad parenting, i wish i would have gotten that terrible parenting

Joe Jackson was an actual tyrant. Michael's talent came from within. His dad's physical and verbal abuse seriously did a number on him psychologically. He got dozens of rhinoplasties because his dad would call him Big Nose and whatnot, for example.
Also, something that might surprise people. I think when it comes to athleticism, agility, physical attributes and skill I rate LeBron only in the top 50.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,546

Post#42 » by D.Brasco » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:00 am

Mogspan wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:
He's the Joe Jackson of the 21st century. Let's hope he hasn't messed his kids up as bad as Joe did.

Yeah making a family full of multimillionaires really is bad parenting, i wish i would have gotten that terrible parenting

Joe Jackson was an actual tyrant. Michael's talent came from within. His dad's physical and verbal abuse seriously did a number on him psychologically. He got dozens of rhinoplasties because his dad would call him Big Nose and whatnot, for example.

Bingo. Lavar and Joe are one and the same instead of viewing the talent their children have as the reason for success they try to claim it for themselves and verbally put down their children.

Most parents would be happy enough to see their children do well without trying to claim the glory.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#43 » by Pinkyring » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:12 am

D.Brasco wrote:
Mogspan wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Yeah making a family full of multimillionaires really is bad parenting, i wish i would have gotten that terrible parenting

Bingo. Lavar and Joe are one and the same instead of viewing the talent their children have as the reason for success they try to claim it for themselves and verbally put down their children.

Most parents would be happy enough to see their children do well without trying to claim the glory.

Right, well none of their kids have done prison time and they're successful so again I'll take that parent, mj was just a wuss
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,184

Post#44 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:48 am

I feel like I just watched a trailer for the upcoming Real Housewives of OC. Or in other words, a "juicy" trailer for a fake reality TV show. For anyone that thinks this is all legit and authentic, I suggest just flip your channel to Bravo, its either showing an over the top fake dramatic reality show, or there is a commercial for an upcoming episode for one of their over the top fake dramatic reality shows.
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#45 » by NPZ » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:48 am

Pels already lucked out that Lavar finally said something stupid enough to offend BSPN and they won't have him on for cheap hits anymore (or at least til people forget about what he said to the hot sportschic). The last thing they need is for that foolass to be hanging around or commenting about Zion vs Lonzo and this n that.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,887

Post#46 » by infinite11285 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:19 am

LKN wrote:When does pre-season start again?

Not soon enough.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,887

Post#47 » by infinite11285 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:29 am

Pinkyring wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:
Mogspan wrote:

Right, well none of their kids have done prison time and they're successful so again I'll take that parent, mj was just a wuss

Having millions doesn't solve anything; it certainly doesn't buy happiness. If anything, millions add to and accentuate your existing problems. Money also doesn't make someone a good parent.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,306

Post#48 » by Yuri Vaultin » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:57 am

I refuse to watch this brain rot.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,316

Post#49 » by Clemenza » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:28 am

They should cut the cameras off for conversations/arguments like that. That's nota good look for the family. You can tell Lonzo wants to do his own thang and branch out. He's only going to get one shot at this NBA thing while he's still young. He will never be seen as a grown up individual with his pops being the helicopter father that he is.
ballbrah
Junior
And1: 1,006

Post#50 » by ballbrah » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:34 am

Pinkyring wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:
Mogspan wrote:

Success isn’t how much money you have in the bank. Success is how happy and fulfilled you are.
http://www.havejerseys.com - Home to your favorite Throwback & Movie Jerseys! Always high quality, always low prices :nod:
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,261

Post#51 » by deneem4 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:43 am

This is perfect for zo lavar and the pelicans...
As hyped as Zion is..
Kwahi and clippers really took the league attention..
Melo has taken the summer after that...
This shifts it back to the pelicans, New Orleans need as much coverage as possible

the media WANTS Zo to prove lavar wrong now for once he didn’t say his son was the next best thing, this is good...especially for lavar...and even more for son because now he seem on a different side then his dad for once...

This is nba Kardashian...melo might become Kylie out of it, if this works
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#52 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:59 am

"I made you guys superstars for a reason." - Lavarr Ball.

Man, the hubris! Bet his kids would like to slap the spit out his mouf
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,316

Post#53 » by Ill News » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:05 am

BREAKING NEWS:
Read on Twitter
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 5,045

Post#54 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:06 am

Pinkyring wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:
Mogspan wrote:

I really hope you are never a parent, if that's your attitude.

Oh and since you only seem able to focus on money, Lavar cost Lonzo a $10 million shoe deal. What a wonderful parent!
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#55 » by Pinkyring » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:07 am

ballbrah wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:

Success isn’t how much money you have in the bank. Success is how happy and fulfilled you are.

Thats fine, show the grown happy and fulfilled broke people u know...... I'll wait.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#56 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:10 am

Lonzo needs to get his head right.
He can’t keep turning his back on the brand when he is the brand.
If it’s a legit company or not, BBB is the ball brand and I don’t think he gets it.
swyftdahoe
Senior
And1: 553

Post#57 » by swyftdahoe » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:04 am

They should pivot the name.
BallerFamily, #ballfam, anything along those lines to really hone in on their family.

Having Brand in the logo/name was always lame. And that logo from a pure aesthetics standpoint is also quite subpar. Looks like a **** Fiverr design.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,815

Post#58 » by HeartBreakKid » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:31 am

Pinkyring wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:
Ice Trae wrote:"I made you guys superstars for a reason"

SMH

I would say abusing your kids is pretty bad parenting. You think exploiting your kids for money somehow retcons that?
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#59 » by Pinkyring » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:56 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:

I would say abusing your kids is pretty bad parenting. You think exploiting your kids for money somehow retcons that?

Where does it say he abused them? Let's not confuse abuse with discipline
LuDux1
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,087

Post#60 » by LuDux1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:48 pm

A: X is damaged goods
B: Saying that X is damaged goods is wrong, it's like saying that A is damaged goods
W: FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: B SAYS A IS DAMAGED GOODS

Return to The General Board