Shams: Joakim Noah joining the Clippers this week for workouts

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,702

Re: Shams: Joakim Noah joining the Clippers this week for workouts 

Post#41 » by Capn'O » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:17 am

djsunyc wrote:this dude is gonna be partying too much in LA.

That would be the main concern. He admitted he was "too lit for NY" and he ain't getting younger.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,431

Post#42 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:28 am

Capn'O wrote:

That would be the main concern. He admitted he was "too lit for NY" and he ain't getting younger.

He might be too old to party hard now.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,431

Post#43 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:39 am

This therad is about Joakim Noah joining the clippers. If you're talking about "73 WiN tEAms" you might as well be invoking Goodwin's Law. Look it up kids its been around for decades. :-?

Damn its godwin's law. But you'd know that if you googled it :P.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,134

Post#44 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:44 am

Yogatti wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
We’ve come this far, so let me help you out.

“73 don’t mean ****” = regular season doesn’t matter

Now refer back to my previous statement: “Like I said, at worst you put 0 stock in the regular season, in which case ‘16 Curry is just like every other star that lost in the Finals. Idk how else to demonstrate that to you.”

We’re getting close. I believe in you

that's not the point of what he said. I see you have terrible reading comprehension, that's why I have to explain something so simple to you :lol: .

Wooo boy, you just keep digging yourself a bigger hole. I should have nipped this in the bud a while ago but self restraint isn’t my best quality. What do YOU believe he was insinuating with that comment? I want to hear you spell it out.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,342

Post#45 » by Dan Z » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:45 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
ImSlower wrote:If he is engaged with the system, he will be a great emotional leader, especially come playoffs. I'm happy if he signs with the Clips, I was not excited for him on the Lakers. Most Bulls fans will always love the guy.

If he can give 10-15 minutes a game of high energy and defensive effort+a few hard fouls, I'm happy. I realize that his impact on defense is way less than it used to be, but last year he showed some great flashes. He was a +1.5 RPM overall and +7 Net Rating on the season, so obviously he can still impact the game. One lowkey skillset the Clippers could really use from him is playmaking. He's an outstanding passer for a big and having him in a poor man's Marc Gasol type role (albeit in way less minutes) would be huge. He could basically run plays in a spot role from the post and just focus on protecting the rim. I'd most be excited about his IQ+experience+mentality to fit this team of scrappy junkyard dogs.

I think he'll be a great pickup for the Clippers. It seems to me that he realized that his time in the NBA is limited and wants to end it on a good note. My guess is he'll be motived (and not party like some people suggest).
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,316

Post#46 » by Clemenza » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:53 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:I can’t see him accepting not playing every game after the Knicks situation. Only way he will get consistent playing time is if Harrell and his jumper are improved enough that he can be the primary backup at PF. With Noah’s passing ability he won’t be forced to stay in the paint and clog it in case of Lou and Harrell pick and roll.

Beverly/Lou/Mann
George/Shamet/Robinson
Leonard/Harkless/McGruder/Coffey
Green/Harrell/Patterson/Motley
Zubac/Noah/Kabengele

The team should of never signed Patterson. Even more head scratching now. I'm pretty sure after Noah we would be at max roster spots and if they pursued 1 more like Iggy, they would need to cut someone (unless they trade for him).

That Paul George's guy. Maybe that was a favor to him as a sign of loyalty.
Yogatti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Post#47 » by Yogatti » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:54 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:Wooo boy, you just keep digging yourself a bigger hole. I should have nipped this in the bud a while ago but self restraint isn’t my best quality. What do YOU believe he was insinuating with that comment? I want to hear you spell it out.

I really question your IQ if you really need to have that quote explained to you. I also explained that multiple times in that thread. Work on your reading comprehension and stop wasting everybody's time.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:06 am

Yogatti wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:Wooo boy, you just keep digging yourself a bigger hole. I should have nipped this in the bud a while ago but self restraint isn’t my best quality. What do YOU believe he was insinuating with that comment? I want to hear you spell it out.

I really question your IQ if you really need to have that quote explained to you. I also explained that multiple times in that thread. Work on your reading comprehension and stop wasting everybody's time.

Just as I suspected, you know you’re wrong and have too much pride to admit it. And you have the audacity to question my IQ lol

A simple poll would reveal that nobody agrees with you but luckily for you I’m not THAT petty. I’m like a 6/10 petty.

Yogatti
Bench Warmer

Post#49 » by Yogatti » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:13 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:Just as I suspected, you know you’re wrong and have too much pride to admit it. And you have the audacity to question my IQ lol

A simple poll would reveal that nobody agrees with you but luckily for you I’m not THAT petty. I’m like a 6/10 petty.

I'm not wrong on anything in this thread. You're not even debating with me. You're acting like a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) not knowing what a simple quote means. I posted quotes from Jordan, Pippen and Joe Lacob that all agreed with all the points I made but you're too stupid to understand any of it.

You have absolutely nothing to say at this point. You're just embarrassing yourself. You just want that last reply in this thread just to save face. You're pathetic to be honest

Personal Attacks. -Dome
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:19 am

Yogatti wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:Just as I suspected, you know you’re wrong and have too much pride to admit it. And you have the audacity to question my IQ lol

I'm not wrong on anything in this thread. You're not even debating with me. You're acting like a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) not knowing what a simple quote means. I posted quotes from Jordan, Pippen and Joe Lacob that all agreed with all the points I made but you're too stupid to understand any of it.

You have absolutely nothing to say at this point. You're just embarrassing yourself. You just want that last reply in this thread just to save face. You're pathetic to be honest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*takes a bow* Drive safe everyone you’ve been a great audience

Yogatti
Bench Warmer

Post#51 » by Yogatti » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:23 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:[

*takes a bow* Drive safe everyone you’ve been a great audience

Just like I predicted, another garbage post from you. What pathetic loser you are. Don't have anything to say about basketball? Stop posting then. Loser

Strike: Not acceptable. -Dome
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#52 » by LipSkinMatter » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:55 am

Yogatti wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
Yogatti wrote:
What does that have anything to do with my post? All I stated was Curry needed another MVP on his team after winning 73 win games. I didn't say Curry wasn't the reason for their 73 win season

"Needed"

^ There is the lie

How is that a lie?

The implication by the word "needed" is that Curry required Durant in order to succeed. This is despite the fact that he had been to back to back Finals without Durant and was one ball hair away from winning both of them. He was clearly the best or second best player in the league alongside LeBron and this wasn't really debated by anyone at the time.

Durant "needed" Curry if anything.
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#53 » by LastNameEver » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:01 pm

This is the worst dialogue ive ever seen on RGM.
How do mods allow 2 users to derail a thread with completely unrelated convo for multiple pages ?
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#54 » by Forte IV » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:03 pm

Capn'O wrote:

Eh Lou Will goes out all the time. In fact the team really goes out all the time, Lou and Pat keep them in check.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,756

Post#55 » by zimpy27 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:35 pm

Capn'O wrote:

That was probably the only reason the Lakers chose Howard over him. Dude had a great season last year but was unplayable in NY.

I think he's worth the gamble for the Clips, he's bring them a lot.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Don Ford
Analyst
And1: 1,043

Post#56 » by Don Ford » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Seems like a really good fit for both him and the Clippers if he can control the off-court issues.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,702

Post#57 » by Capn'O » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:08 pm

Forte IV wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Eh Lou Will goes out all the time. In fact the team really goes out all the time, Lou and Pat keep them in check.

They can't keep Noah in check.

He will have to exert some self control for it to work. I'm telling you, he was off the rails in NY.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,422

Post#58 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:27 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Forte IV wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

They can't keep Noah in check.

He will have to exert some self control for it to work. I'm telling you, he was off the rails in NY.

Yeah there’s nothing wrong with going out and having a good time, but at some point you need to know when to stop. He gave 0 f*cks in NY. He seems to have rebounded well in Memphis so let’s see if he keeps it up.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
LarryJoeDuncan
Freshman
And1: 106

Post#59 » by LarryJoeDuncan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:46 pm

Great signing. Now you can make it to the second round and lose. Good Job.
Larry Bird is the second best player of all time
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:48 pm

LastNameEver wrote:This is the worst dialogue ive ever seen on RGM.
How do mods allow 2 users to derail a thread with completely unrelated convo for multiple pages ?

Jesus man, don't lump me in as an equal participant. I was politely trying to point out the error in his logic for most of that dialogue (which admittedly I should have let go earlier). Like I said, self-restraint isn't my strong suit.

But yeah, back to my original point: Noah would be a great signing for the Clips :)

Return to The General Board