ImageImageImage

RS 21/22 - Mavs vs Kings (Sun. 3:30PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Apz
Head Coach
And1: 2,099

Re: RS 21/22 - Mavs vs Kings (Sun. 3:30PM EST) 

Post#41 » by Apz » Mon Nov 1, 2021 10:06 pm

XTraderXL wrote:
Apz wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:
They were supposed to be one of the best teams in the league this year. Do you really think that is the case after watching 6 games this season so far? Playing like this they will be somewhere around .500.

Eh, who said we were gonna be one of the ebst teams in the league? I am pretty otimistic and thought we would end up at 50-55 wins. Looking at most of the predictions we were everywhere from 4th in the west to 9th. Cant see how that counts as predited to be one of the best teams.

The negativity on the mavs forum is amazing. When the season is done, u will only see how many games u won and lost. Uwont see against who or lineups or even shooting %. It doesnt matter. And the po is almost another sport, so nothing about how it looks now matter when we roll on few players

Nobody cares about the regular season if you get eliminated in the 1st round and thats what is going to happen this year again. And by saying one of the best teams I meant top 8 which means 2nd round of the PO. Is that really not something that was expected of this team? I havent heard anyone say the goal is just to get in the PO.

Top 8 is counting as a top team? What a way to move goalposts. Guess we got different opinion in the matter. I consider top 2-3 being top teams. Top 8 is a playoff team, an above .500 team. Those last spots can be 20 games behibd ghe top, no way put them in the same category
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,808

Post#42 » by leolozon » Mon Nov 1, 2021 10:43 pm

deb wrote:
leolozon wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Obviously you want to beat good teams as well, but we're only 6 games into the season and already nothing they do is good enough.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Are you arguing that being 27th in offensive rating is good enough? Your expectation before the season was to be grouped on offense with OKC, Detroit and Houston to start the year?

Even in wins, they would be 16th in PPG and that's against bad teams.

Is that good enough for you? If it isn't, then why your comment? You would agree with me that 27th in offensive rating isn't good enough.

As for "only 6 games". Well yeah, there's only 6 games played. You want people to not have an opinion yet, leave the forum and come back after 20 games?

It's still a small sample size, but it's the only data we have to discuss and so far the data is factually subpar. It's reality, not negativity.

It's still nice to be 4-2 despite the way they've played. If they right the ship, then they can certainly manage to get to 50 wins, which was my expectation for this team.

They are 2nd in the entire league in % of open shots (closest defender 4-6 feet away) and 2 last in fg% of said open shots (37.7).

They are 9th in the league in % of wide open shots (defender more than 6 feet away) and 14th in fg% of said shots (38.3)

This is bound to turn around. I mean neither Doncic's or DFS's last name is Curry, but both are capable of hitting threes in the low thirties at least.

I am actually quietly optimistic after having extremely low expectations before the start of the season...

Interesting stats!

I knew they missed a lot of open shots, but I didn't think it was that bad.

They do seem to be shooting WAY under the mean.

DFS .188 3P%
KP .235
Bullock .310
Brown .154
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,517

Post#43 » by fuller4379 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:17 am

arkuo wrote:
fuller4379 wrote:4-2 is exactly where this team was expected to be. They are going to have to play better though to beat the better teams. It is still very early though. KP is the biggest disappointment as he still can’t get on the floor. His contract is a disaster and hampers the Mavericks.

I perosnally think the trade had to happen especially if it only cost Dennis Smith Jr. Cuban just has to look at it as sunk cost now. What he does to KP prior to the trade deadline would determine the direction of the team next year. I think his time with the team is up. If you could get positive value for him by the TDL, I think you have to pull the trigger.

It was a gamble that didn’t pay off. KP has top 20 potential, but his body isn’t built to handle the NBA game.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,897

Post#44 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:28 am

leolozon wrote:
deb wrote:
leolozon wrote:
Are you arguing that being 27th in offensive rating is good enough? Your expectation before the season was to be grouped on offense with OKC, Detroit and Houston to start the year?

Even in wins, they would be 16th in PPG and that's against bad teams.

Is that good enough for you? If it isn't, then why your comment? You would agree with me that 27th in offensive rating isn't good enough.

As for "only 6 games". Well yeah, there's only 6 games played. You want people to not have an opinion yet, leave the forum and come back after 20 games?

It's still a small sample size, but it's the only data we have to discuss and so far the data is factually subpar. It's reality, not negativity.

It's still nice to be 4-2 despite the way they've played. If they right the ship, then they can certainly manage to get to 50 wins, which was my expectation for this team.

They are 2nd in the entire league in % of open shots (closest defender 4-6 feet away) and 2 last in fg% of said open shots (37.7).

They are 9th in the league in % of wide open shots (defender more than 6 feet away) and 14th in fg% of said shots (38.3)

This is bound to turn around. I mean neither Doncic's or DFS's last name is Curry, but both are capable of hitting threes in the low thirties at least.

I am actually quietly optimistic after having extremely low expectations before the start of the season...

Interesting stats!

I knew they missed a lot of open shots, but I didn't think it was that bad.

They do seem to be shooting WAY under the mean.

DFS .188 3P%
KP .235
Bullock .310
Brown .154

Those 4 were horrible like Powell in this start of the season, hope it's only a bad form moment.

Return to Dallas Mavericks