Which Teams Have Talent And Would Trade It For Draft Picks?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,711

Re: Which Teams Have Talent And Would Trade It For Draft Picks? 

Post#41 » by NYG » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:45 am

R-DAWG wrote:I think the Knicks are a little redundant with Fournier, Burks and Quickly and would be better suited to turn one of them into a future asset and open up minutes for Quentin Grimes as a 3 and D guy.

Burks for a highly protected 1st and expiring contract is the kind of deal I would be looking to make.

I'd rather be adding a first or two and trade Burks and Knox with those picks for an upgrade.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,711

Post#42 » by NYG » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:48 am

NYG wrote:
R-DAWG wrote:I think the Knicks are a little redundant with Fournier, Burks and Quickly and would be better suited to turn one of them into a future asset and open up minutes for Quentin Grimes as a 3 and D guy.

Burks for a highly protected 1st and expiring contract is the kind of deal I would be looking to make.

I'd rather be adding a first or two and trade Burks and Knox with those picks for an upgrade.

Would Harrison Barnes work as a 6th man in this kind of package? Basically replace Burks with Grimes and Knox with Barnes?
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,064

Post#43 » by R-DAWG » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:42 am

NYG wrote:
NYG wrote:

Would Harrison Barnes work as a 6th man in this kind of package? Basically replace Burks with Grimes and Knox with Barnes?

I like Barnes in Fournier role. Better fit. But I wouldn’t be giving up draft picks for Barnes right now. It’s not the kind of move that takes the Knicks from fighting for a home play in game to title contender. NY needs to save their draft Capital for when a star becomes available.

The thought process was turning a redundant role player into more draft Capital while also opening up minutes for Quentin grimes.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,107

Post#44 » by tidho » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:40 pm

this thread got weird. anyway, i think a contender would likely give a late first for Rubio (or at least they should) if he fills a hole for them. that's not going to be a contract that's easy to match for a contending team though.

Sexton is far more likely, if CLE falls off their playoff pace.

Return to Trades and Transactions