ImageImage

PG: Bucks Dominate Knicks

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Re: PG: Bucks Dominate Knicks 

Post#41 » by PG Graveyard » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:08 pm

I kind of want to overpay to keep Pat this off-season. He just keeps getting better. Such a great off the bench role player
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#42 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:15 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:I kind of want to overpay to keep Pat this off-season. He just keeps getting better. Such a great off the bench role player
Horst aint gonna overpay anyone, and he shouldn't. Pat should take a fair salary and keep on winning rings with the Bucks, if he's smart that is.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,784

Post#43 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:29 pm

Careful now, don't get too carried away chasing seeds... Remember the only goal that matters: everybody healthy and as rested as possible in 6 months.

Top 3 in the East is fine.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#44 » by skones » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:31 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:Careful now, don't get too carried away chasing seeds... Remember the only goal that matters: everybody healthy and as rested as possible in 6 months.

I dont want to play a 7 in Brooklyn again.
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#45 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:38 pm

skones wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:Careful now, don't get too carried away chasing seeds... Remember the only goal that matters: everybody healthy and as rested as possible in 6 months.

As far back as I can remember off the top of my head, at least since Lebron's second stint with the Cavs, the team that wins the East is never the one seed. Don't know why, but it's almost a prerequisite, if you want to go to the Finals from the East, you have to break someone's HCA along the way..

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,651

Post#46 » by Bernman » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:40 pm

It's not very much "chasing seeds" to want to just avoid a Brooklyn match-up & maybe v. one other top team, so we can't realistically get ousted in the 1st rd. That would in all likelihood just entail being top 3.

And being rested/healthy for playoffs is not all that matters. We've seen in multiple sports recently teams coasting for weeks/months into the playoffs, then bombing out. We had guys like Bobby take time to get into a rhythm starting this season. So the Bucks have to balance their goals. They were more on than off toward the end of the season going into last yr's playoffs.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
craig
Senior
And1: 128

Post#47 » by craig » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:40 pm

Top 3 includes 1. We could have both?
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#48 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:47 pm

Bernman wrote:

It's not very much "chasing seeds" to want to just avoid a Brooklyn match-up & maybe v. one other top team, so we can't realistically get ousted in the 1st rd. That would in all likelihood just entail being top 3.

And being rested/healthy for playoffs is not all that matters. We've seen in multiple sports recently teams coasting for weeks/months into the playoffs, then bombing out. We had guys like Bobby take time to get into a rhythm starting this season. So the Bucks have to balance their goals. They were more on than off toward the end of the season going into last yr's playoffs.

We have 3 years of history to look at since we got rid of the idiot coach.
We never get ousted in the 1st round, that's ridiculous.
What has happened to us consistently, and to many other teams before us, is getting ousted as a 1 seed and then winning the whole thing as not a 1 seed.

I guess the whole point is, get the 1 seed if it comes easily and naturally, why not. Just don't chase it and don't risk anything at all to get it. Even the all time great Warriors missed a title when they chased a regular season record. Regular season is an exhausting marathon, it can sap the energy out of any team if you push it too hard.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,925

Post#49 » by blazza18 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:03 pm

Think the top west seed will finish with a better record than us. Finishing top 2 in the east is important but I am not concerned about winning a road game in Brooklyn.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,425

Post#50 » by rilamann » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:16 pm

skones wrote:

I am with you, I don't want to press our luck by having to win another game 7 in Brooklyn. The odds of doing it again wouldn't be in our favor. That said, if Brooklyn gets the #1 seed and we meet them in the playoffs and we're healthy, I doubt Brooklyn takes us to a 7th game.

A lot of people forget that if the Bucks hadn't played maybe their worst half of basketball of the season in the 2nd half of game 5 vs Brooklyn last season, Brooklyn goes out in a whimper in game 6 and game 7 and KD's shoe size never happens.

I think the Buck's championship experience from last season will pay off big time if we face Brooklyn in the playoffs again. Bucks probably win game 1 and game 5 and beat the Nets 4-1 if they had the championship experience last season that they have now.

Plus we have a great shot to get the #1 seed. It's still kind of early but it looks like 54 or 55 wins will probably get you the #1 seed in the east unless someone goes on a crazy run. Bucks could coast until the end of Feb and turn it up a notch in March and probably win 55 games. Plus if the Nets go hard and get the #1 seed, Nash probably ran KD into the ground doing so. KD is playing close to 40 minutes a lot of nights just for the Nets to have a chance in some games. I almost feel like the Nets have a choice to make, run KD into the ground by playoff time trying to get the #1 seed. Or load manage him a bit and settle for the #2 or #3 seed.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,056

Post#51 » by Plossum » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:21 pm

Neglecting the max/supermax type guys whose value is artificially capped, is Bobby the best value player in the NBA relative to his output? Quietly putting up 15.4/9/1.4 at .578TS%.

Making only $4.3 mill.
#LockUpChuck
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,425

Post#52 » by rilamann » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:22 pm

And to add, the east IMO is the Bucks and Nets and a bunch of good teams who aren't quite good enough to beat the Bucks or Nets in a 7 game series. I still say Miami scares me a bit though. That's my assessment of the east as of now. Might change 2 or 3 months from now.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#53 » by skones » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:27 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
skones wrote:

As far back as I can remember off the top of my head, at least since Lebron's second stint with the Cavs, the team that wins the East is never the one seed. Don't know why, but it's almost a prerequisite, if you want to go to the Finals from the East, you have to break someone's HCA along the way..

I don't really care about the history of the 1 seed. I want the HCA numbers on my side, not theirs.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,651

Post#54 » by Bernman » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:35 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:We have 3 years of history to look at since we got rid of the idiot coach.
What has happened to us consistently, and to many other teams before us, is getting ousted as a 1 seed and then winning the whole thing as not a 1 seed.

I guess the whole point is, get the 1 seed if it comes easily and naturally, why not. Just don't chase it and don't risk anything at all to get it. Even the all time great Warriors missed a title when they chased a regular season record. Regular season is an exhausting marathon, it can sap the energy out of any team if you push it too hard.

What's ridiculous is to act like facing the same team (Nets, Heat) in the 1st rd is easier than later. I said we have to avoid those tough teams at the start. Otherwise you do risk practically little enjoyment of a playoff experience & have more difficult matches to get thru to a title. We're not invincible. We've lost to them later, or were on the brink, every year, w/ Budenholzer too.

I don't think what we're both arguing is actually that far off. But that's why you feeling the need to counter my original comment (or at least that was the perception it was toward me since I was talking about it) was odd.

I'm just saying, off empiricism & logic, you have to balance all these factors: health, rhythm, match-ups, etc. Which just means knowing when & how much to apply pressure to the gas pedal. That's what happened last season. They didn't just stay in park for the last couple of months because they had enough of a lead to make the playoffs.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,376

Post#55 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:36 pm

Plossum wrote:Neglecting the max/supermax type guys whose value is artificially capped, is Bobby the best value player in the NBA relative to his output? Quietly putting up 15.4/9/1.4 at .578TS%.

Making only $4.3 mill.

Pricing himself right out of MKE. That said, I thought he was doing the same last season.
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#56 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:56 pm

Bernman wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:We have 3 years of history to look at since we got rid of the idiot coach.

What's ridiculous is to act like facing the same team (Nets, Heat) in the 1st rd is easier than later. I said we have to avoid those tough teams at the start. Otherwise you do risk practically little enjoyment of a playoff experience & have more difficult matches to get thru to a title. We're not invincible. We've lost to them later, or were on the brink, every year, w/ Budenholzer too.

I don't think what we're both arguing is actually that far off. But that's why you feeling the need to counter my original comment (or at least that was the perception it was toward me since I was talking about it) was odd.

I'm just saying, off empiricism & logic, you have to balance all these factors: health, rhythm, match-ups, etc. Which just means knowing when & how much to apply pressure to the gas pedal. That's what happened last season. They didn't just stay in park for the last couple of months because they had enough of a lead to make the playoffs.

Yeah I've had that problem all along in this forum.
When I'm quoting you it's not my intention to respond to you, this is a forum, I am responding to an idea or a notion that is presented here. I should have some way to do that.... Maybe I should start removing people's name from the quote when I'm quoting someone.
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#57 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:05 am

skones wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
skones wrote:I dont want to play a 7 in Brooklyn again.

I don't really care about the history of the 1 seed. I want the HCA numbers on my side, not theirs.

Yeah sure but this is not about what any of us wants but what is best.
It feels like we're arguing in circles about details, our opinions are actually too close to keep talking about it. I'm not against getting the #1 seed, just stressing the correct balance of effort/health/rest in the remaining 2/3 of the regular season.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,056

Post#58 » by Plossum » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:36 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Plossum wrote:Neglecting the max/supermax type guys whose value is artificially capped, is Bobby the best value player in the NBA relative to his output? Quietly putting up 15.4/9/1.4 at .578TS%.

Making only $4.3 mill.

Pricing himself right out of MKE. That said, I thought he was doing the same last season.

Hot take, but it might be worth holding onto him as a long term replacement for Brook. Bobby isn't as good defensively but the difference between him and Brook hasn't hurt the team that much. We're still 7th in def rating (9th last year in reg season).
#LockUpChuck
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,549

Post#59 » by Milbucks96 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:48 am

Plossum wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Making only $4.3 mill.

Hot take, but it might be worth holding onto him as a long term replacement for Brook. Bobby isn't as good defensively but the difference between him and Brook hasn't hurt the team that much. We're still 7th in def rating (9th last year in reg season).

I don’t think that’s a hot take at all, it was probably the plan all along even before brooks surgery.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,925

Post#60 » by blazza18 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:02 am

You could talk yourself into Bobby just straight up replacing Brook long term but you gotta know how much you can trust the current numbers of Bobby being a completely different player when Giannis is off the court.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks