Jokić on victory parade

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,141

Re: Jokić on victory parade 

Post#41 » by bstein14 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:55 pm

F N 11 wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:His reaction after winning the finals was priceless. It was almost as if he was trying to hide but the camera kept finding him off to the side or something. He wanted to give the team the lions share of the credit. Even to the point where Malone was the one holding the Finals MVP trophy in the team picture.

No great moments like KG yelling or Jordan crying with the trophy…

Just all business and the job was done.

Giannis was doing the same thing. They come from humble beginnings.

Giannis isn't all that humble anyone.... he once was... but now he goes on Twitter and complains about not being on an all-defensive team rather than congratulating his teammates that made it.
garlic
Freshman
And1: 139

Post#42 » by garlic » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:56 pm

TunaFish wrote:Jokic is playing with you. He did the same routine twice last night, once at the press conference and again for NBA TV, pretending he didn't know when the parade was going to be held. This is the same stick he pulled with the famous "why does the mic not work routine."

What do you think they call him the JOKER?

This, and some of the footage of him celebrating with the team, makes me feel better. I'm sure there was some shock, I know he was joking with some of the other stuff he said, I know he's from a culture that I don't know or understand. It can be hard to tell with him though. I told my wife during the post-game, 'he's gonna skip the parade, he'll be in Serbia', just kidding around. Then he said this.

It brought me down a bit, ngl. Much of his family is here, his team is here, he is at the pinnacle of his profession. Is it such torture for him to spend a few dozen hours celebrating with the fans who just venerate the guy?

We're taking off work to go to the parade and now I'm wondering if he's gonna look like he's at a funeral. I just hope he's able to find some joy.
garlic
Freshman
And1: 139

Post#43 » by garlic » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:57 pm

Ugalde wrote:
Cassalien wrote:
Ugalde wrote:Jokic is really going to have to just relocate his whole family to the US. like if he's going to be playing here for years he's just going to have to make the jump.

lol just no. There is not a signle incentive to move his family to the USA.

are you serious? wouldnt the incentive be he could be with his family during the super long nba season? seems like that would be important to him.

He mentioned on the broadcast, he lives with his brothers. They're at most games. His wife and daughter are here during the season too AFAICT. I don't know if that's his 'whole family' or not, but it's not like he's exiled from them the entire year (any more than every NBA player is due to the heavy travel).
The Main Event
Assistant Coach
And1: 576

Post#44 » by The Main Event » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:58 pm

Damn, I just thought about how great it would have been to see a prime Duncan vs Jokic matchups in the west for years to come.
"A particular shot or way of moving the ball can be a player's personal signature, but efficiency of performance is what wins the game for the team."
- Pat Riley
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Post#45 » by Ugalde » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:01 pm

garlic wrote:
Ugalde wrote:
Cassalien wrote:lol just no. There is not a signle incentive to move his family to the USA.

are you serious? wouldnt the incentive be he could be with his family during the super long nba season? seems like that would be important to him.

He mentioned on the broadcast, he lives with his brothers. They're at most games. His wife and daughter are here during the season too AFAICT. I don't know if that's his 'whole family' or not, but it's not like he's exiled from them the entire year (any more than every NBA player is due to the heavy travel).

oh ok. yea i just see his relief at the idea of going home to Serbia. i just think he obviously needs to set up a home here so he doesn't feel that so heavily.
politics
to many 3s
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,118

Post#46 » by Exp0sed » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:04 pm

CobraCommander wrote:The nba’s worse nightmare...they thought it was Duncan or Kawhi winning rings...but it’s actually Jokic.

Duncan and Kawhi can almost pretend that this is the most important thing in their lives...Jokic can’t even PRETEND for a minute lol

Basketball is a job that Jokic is great at but BALL AINT LIFE

Spoiler:
https://media.tenor.com/WsDXwa0Nh8sAAAAC/perspective.gif

Jokic loves the game of basketball
it's hardly a job

but yes, he isn't a freak competitor like Jordan he's a well adjusted, family oriented human being and basketball is his career. he takes his career very seriously and professionaly but at the end of the day - it's a career to him. a temporary career and for him there are other things that come first in life

that's who he is, not like if you made him into a maniacal Jordan then he'd be better
he's at his best, as the laid-back dude that he is. that's his superpower :)
Exp0sed
Head Coach

Post#47 » by Exp0sed » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:07 pm

Ugalde wrote:
garlic wrote:
Ugalde wrote:are you serious? wouldnt the incentive be he could be with his family during the super long nba season? seems like that would be important to him.

oh ok. yea i just see his relief at the idea of going home to Serbia. i just think he obviously needs to set up a home here so he doesn't feel that so heavily.

he obviously has a home in Denver but I have no doubt that when he retires in a few 3-5-7 years, whenever - he'll go back to his home country.

i'm sure he preferes living in Serbia to living in the States, that's just who he is
a man with roots :)

so from his point of view this is a career and he is making enough money and competing on the highest levels and that justifies being away from home for most of the year but eventually he'll go back home, I doubt he's gonna stick around in the states like some other foreign players in the past
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,361

Re: Jokić on victory parad 

Post#48 » by CobraCommander » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:39 pm

Exp0sed wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:The nba’s worse nightmare...they thought it was Duncan or Kawhi winning rings...but it’s actually Jokic.

Duncan and Kawhi can almost pretend that this is the most important thing in their lives...Jokic can’t even PRETEND for a minute lol

Spoiler:

it's hardly a job

but yes, he isn't a freak competitor like Jordan he's a well adjusted, family oriented human being and basketball is his career. he takes his career very seriously and professionaly but at the end of the day - it's a career to him. a temporary career and for him there are other things that come first in life

that's who he is, not like if you made him into a maniacal Jordan then he'd be better

Basketball is his job tho... he gets paid to play ball. He is paid well and he the best person on earth at that job.

Also
You can love your job...I love my job..

.you should want to be excellent at your job...Jokic wants to be excellent at his job and is - I’m pretty good at my job

I don’t know if Jokic is any less of a competitor than jordan. Jokic just won the championship...can’t do more or have a better year than that.

Jokic is a champion....crazy to say
Exp0sed
Head Coach

Post#49 » by Exp0sed » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:44 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:

Spoiler:

it's hardly a job

Basketball is his job tho... he gets paid to play ball. He is paid well and he the best person on earth at that job.

Also

.you should want to be excellent at your job...Jokic wants to be excellent at his job and is - I’m pretty good at my job

I don’t know if Jokic is any less of a competitor than jordan. Jokic just won the championship...can’t do more or have a better year than that.

I agree, like I said the fact that it's a job for him doesn't mean he's not taking his job very very seriously (he does)

I was just speaking about the type of player \ mentality
Jokic is of a different mold but that doesn't make him any less great

he brings it every single game on almost every play
can't get much better than that..
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#50 » by Dupp » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:46 pm

Man’s got a horse race on Sunday what do you expect?
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,361

Post#51 » by CobraCommander » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:55 pm

Exp0sed wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
it's hardly a job

Also

I agree, like I said the fact that it's a job for him doesn't mean he's not taking his job very very seriously (he does)

I was just speaking about the type of player \ mentality
Jokic is of a different mold but that doesn't make him any less great

he brings it every single game on almost every play
can't get much better than that..

If Giannis didn’t exist to challenge his rein and who is also equally great....we would be looking at Jokic reining like Lebron amd jordan did...

It is a pleasure to have Jokic being the face of BASKETBALL done right
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#52 » by NBAfan3024 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:27 pm

He’s so laid back
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,176

Post#53 » by UcanUwill » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:34 pm

As a huge introvrt, I relate, parties is honestly my least favorite activity, you would need to pay me up real nice for me to go to a club or smth. I mean, I do suffer from severe clinical depression, so I am not saying I living life, I did missed on all of it, but I just always hated f**** loud people, I just cant fixed myself here. I would so hate to be part of that parade, honestly would. Winning was nice, but just leave me alone now.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,176

Post#54 » by UcanUwill » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:40 pm

Spoiler:

Basketball is important to him, parades are not important to him, he is not a professional parader haha. Have you heard of introverts? I really in love with one woman, she is very important to me and I can go over my head to help her out, but she needed people to march for her project in a parade, and I said - no way, I aint going, I can reload 400 boxes in our vault with my hands, but I aint going to that parade.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,714

Post#55 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:53 pm

He is as competitive as Jordan. He isn’t as outwardly emphatic about it. All thought Larry Bird was a legendary trash talker that was between the people on the court not for the entertainment of the masses. Jirdan had the package where he loved the adoration.

Jokic isn’t Ho hum about winning, not being flamboyant doesn’t mean there isn’t fire. TBH you can’t get me to celebrate a victory either, might be just an old country thing in the makeup. You win because you put the work in, no need to celebrate and gloat. I get it.

Then you got a guy like Chandler Hutchinson who starts mouthing off on twitter after he is traded and soon out of the league. Give me Jokic!
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,554

Post#56 » by nbafan38 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:55 pm

He's almost so humble that it feels fake or like an act but maybe he really is this way, it's definitely refreshing.
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#57 » by TheSheriff » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:02 pm

Exp0sed wrote:

Spoiler:

it's hardly a job

Jokic said “nobody likes his job…” then said that anybody who claims to like their job is lying.

Being good at something does not mean you need to like your job.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,714

Post#58 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:02 pm

nbafan38 wrote:He's almost so humble that it feels fake or like an act but maybe he really is this way, it's definitely refreshing.

I don’t think it’s an act, I do think it is calculated, by that I mean a choice to behave that way. We just see the opposite of it all the time.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,427

Post#59 » by Woodsanity » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:11 pm

:lol:
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,240

Post#60 » by MrBigShot » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:47 pm

The man wants to see his horses and drink beer
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James

Return to The General Board