48%

Total votes: 25

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: Absurdly early 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#4701 » by Spud2nique » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Exactly diversity is good. You said it yourself so why are all their top guys coincidentally white guys? I dunno, personally if I’m a top player that has a chance to go to the Mavs I wouldn’t.

you know what diversity means, right?

I mean, in a league that's 90% American born and 75% black, having 4 guys who aren't those things isn't the end of the world.

Particularly when they vary by age and country of origin.

(JJ Barea makes 4)

Do you understand white vs non white? :crazy:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4702 » by Spud2nique » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Exactly diversity is good. You said it yourself so why are all their top guys coincidentally white guys? I dunno, personally if I’m a top player that has a chance to go to the Mavs I wouldn’t.

you know what diversity means, right?

I mean, in a league that's 90% American born and 75% black, having 4 guys who aren't those things isn't the end of the world.

Particularly when they vary by age and country of origin.

(JJ Barea makes 4)

Btw what’s ur real name u ain’t a real Jamal Comon baby.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,747

Post#4703 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Do you understand white vs non white? :crazy:

Diversity doesn't mean non-white or white.

It means a variety of backgrounds and origins.

The Hawks have had a surprisingly diverse roster this year. Most have been American born players, but they vary in ethnicity. (Plumlee, Lin, Huerter, Trae, Collins)

The Mavs have also been diverse with guys like Barea from Puerto Rico, Luka from Slovenia, Powell from Canada, Salah Mejri from Tunisia.

That's diversity. A Hispanic player, a biracial Canadian, a North African player, a German (Dirk)...and wherever Porzingis is from.

Diversity does not equal black people. It means to be varied. A range of different things

Having 13 black guys from America is not a diverse locker room. Not in the NBA anyway, where black players are the majority.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4704 » by Spud2nique » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:33 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

The Hawks have had a surprisingly diverse roster this year. Most have been American born players, but they vary in ethnicity. (Plumlee, Lin, Huerter, Trae, Collins)

The Mavs have also been diverse with guys like Barea from Puerto Rico, Luka from Slovenia, Powell from Canada, Salah Mejri from Tunisia.

That's diversity. A Hispanic player, a biracial Canadian, a North African player, a German (Dirk)...and wherever Porzingis is from.

Diversity does not equal black people. It means to be varied. A range of different things

Having 13 black guys from America is not a diverse locker room. Not in the NBA anyway, where black players are the majority.

Dude are you purposely acting dense? You can’t possibly be for real. I know about diversity more than a white Jamal ok. IM SAYING MOST MAVS PLAYERS ARE WHITE!!!! DO U UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT R COMIN OUTTA MY MOUTH? :noway:
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,683

Post#4705 » by kg01 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Dude are you purposely acting dense? You can’t possibly be for real. I know about diversity more than a white Jamal ok. IM SAYING MOST MAVS PLAYERS ARE WHITE!!!! DO U UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT R COMIN OUTTA MY MOUTH? :noway:

First, welcome bak. Do you know your account was hijacked yesterday?

Second, this is what @jamalllo is doing to you right now ...
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#4706 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:43 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Dude are you purposely acting dense? You can’t possibly be for real. I know about diversity more than a white Jamal ok.

I'M SAYING MOST MAVS PLAYERS ARE WHITE!!!!

No. They aren't.

Spoiler:
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,032

Post#4707 » by jayu70 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:54 pm

:-? Where did it all go wrong in this thread.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#4708 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:35 pm

Knicks may have hit the trifecta from this draft with Knox, Trier and Mitchell.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,032

Post#4709 » by jayu70 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:46 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Knicks may have hit the trifecta from this draft with Knox, Trier and Mitchell.

Watch them screw it up by trading for AD. It'll e the Melo trade all over again. They don't have the patience for a rebuild. They like shiny things.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,683

Post#4710 » by kg01 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:46 pm

jayu70 wrote::-? Where did it all go wrong in this thread.

I blame @jamalllio. Always pickin' fights. :wink:

And totally agree the Knicks are gonna screw it all up by rushing their tank-build. Only, it'll be for Cousins and some other middle-tier "star".
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#4711 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4712 » by Spud2nique » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:45 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Personally, to me there are 5 guys that could be stars..IN ORDER FOR US...I'd go..

1.Doncic
2. Porter jr
3. Ayton
4. Bamba
5. Bridges

We have to land a top 5 pick...please :-)

Ps I'm gonna catch hell for putting Porter 2nd but I really believe he's #2 in this draft.

There u go Jamal... enjoy!
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4713 » by Spud2nique » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:47 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

First, welcome bak. Do you know your account was hijacked yesterday?

Second, this is what @jamalllo is doing to you right now ...

Kg...he’s bored and back at it. Luckily the post before this one shuts him up.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#4714 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:54 pm

Read on Twitter

You'll never believe who they have us drafting at #3.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#4715 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:42 pm

Somewhere in Colorado...

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#4716 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:58 pm

NBA Rookie Progress Report: The Good, Bad and Future of the 2018 Class

Four of the first five rookies selected in the 2018 draft enter the season’s home stretch firmly outside of playoff contention. Marvin Bagley is the lone top-five rookie that has a chance to sniff the postseason...Don’t expect the top-five rookies to dominate the headlines as the postseason approaches.

Yet although the rookie class will be overshadowed for the rest of the season, we shouldn’t discount their respective performances to close 2018-19.

Trae Young, Hawks

Young’s confidence didn’t waver even as he struggled with his shot early in 2018-19. The Oklahoma product shot just 27.5% from three before Jan. 1, a mark that would rank him 213th of the 221 players with at least 100 attempts. Young is making 36.5% of triples since New Year’s Day, and his improved shot has unleashed the best aspects of his game. Young is every bit the daring passer Doncic is, dishing to Atlanta’s bigs at every conceivable angle.

He’s tougher going to the bucket than one would expect given his frame, and there’s a noticeable competitive streak. Young thrived in a win over the Lakers on Feb. 12, pumping up the Hawks crowd as he rolled to 22 points and 14 assists. He has the sixth-best assist rate of any rookie since 2000, on par with Chris Paul and ahead of Ben Simmons and John Wall at 11.7 assists per 100 possessions. Young’s swagger is growing by the game, and the magic from his days in Norman look to be back after a rough start. He’ll battle valiantly to close the gap with Doncic in 2019-2020.
SI.com
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,424

Post#4717 » by graymule » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:12 pm

8-)

Someone suggested that the Hawks should draft Jaxson Hayes from Texas. Any thoughts?

:crazy:
Nathan2331
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#4718 » by Nathan2331 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:08 pm

graymule wrote:8-)

Someone suggested that the Hawks should draft Jaxson Hayes from Texas. Any thoughts?

He'd be a bit of a project, but one definitely worth taking. Very good finisher at the rim and a very good shot blocker without fouling. It's hard to project him developing significantly more on offense but he's a 73% FT shooter, so there's hope he's not far away from developing a jump shot. He needs to gain weight, and expand his skillset, but in the right situation I think he can become the premier defensive center that we need.
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 131

Post#4719 » by saloonyk8 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:07 pm

graymule wrote:8-)

He's probably best case for the Mavs pick, especially since Hawks pick will be a wing player.

He could be Capela type or a total bust
Commit to the process
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#4720 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Mar 9, 2019 6:51 pm

I really liked this kid in college and really glad to see him having early success in the Association. He never should have fallen to the second round.

Read on Twitter

Sent from my RC555L using RealGM mobile app

Return to Atlanta Hawks