ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Chiefs vs Bills

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

adubmac
Junior
And1: 686

Re: OT: Chiefs vs Bills 

Post#61 » by adubmac » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:18 pm

The lows of a sports fan hurt worse and occur far more often than the highs. Sometimes I wonder why we put ourselves through it all...
holy wack unlyrical lyrics
Boardbreaker
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,943

Post#62 » by Boardbreaker » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:21 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
720 wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:I'm not a huge NFL fan anymore. I remember well the Bills losing four Super Bowls in a row. But when I saw it was 23-21 to start the fourth quarter, I turned it on.

Really, NFL football is the best game to watch. I prefer the NBA for all the narratives and personalities, but a well-played NFL game is truly a special event. And this game ... wow. Legendary. Just one little nitpick about it:

Read on Twitter

This happened to the chiefs in 2018. Mahomes was playing great and never even got the chance to play in OT in the AFC championship game vs the Patriots. NFL like with everything, will be slow to change. Hopefully this game makes them consider it.

The only way I can think to fix this is the shootout style OT used by NCAA and CFL. No kickoff, offenses each get the ball from the same spot, second team gets to match even a touchdown. I assume the NFL considers it too gimmicky

For the playoffs should just change it to a 10 minute ot quarter, have to got for two points after each td and keep playing until there’s a winner.
Boardbreaker
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,943

Post#63 » by Boardbreaker » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:25 pm

scuervo1 wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:13 seconds left. You've inexplicably kicked into the EZ and taken no extra time off the clock. You know Mahomes has precious little time left. The job of your pass rushers is to "rush" QBs into making quick or bad decisions. In this case he is already rushed because he only has 13 seconds. So why are you rushing standard four guys?

This is what Bills do. Their specialty is sucking you in and making you billieve they can pull it out, and then they pull the rug out.

Apparently their argument was that the Chiefs still had their time outs.

Argument doesn’t really make sense since they had players defending the sidelines. They also dropped their dbs back deep like the chiefs needed a td and not just a field goal.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,263

Post#64 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:31 pm

I get the disappointment, and probably the Bills could have done a few things different. But I don't get the choke comments, and same old Bills always let you down. The 4 Super Bowl losses were decades ago. They've been a bad team ever since, but now they have a star quarterback and are a rising power. They took the mighty Chiefs to the absolute limit, and could well have won the whole thing if they won last night. This is a new exciting team, not the same old Bills."
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,435

Post#65 » by B-Ball Freak » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:32 pm

What an instant classic...NFL playoffs are different beast, it's times like this I wish Toronto had a team, although I would need to drown my self in liquor to handle the emotional roller coaster of an NFL playoff game.
MoMoneyMoProbs
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,465

Post#66 » by MoMoneyMoProbs » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:34 pm

That had to be the best football match I have ever seen. Holy.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,435

Post#67 » by B-Ball Freak » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:38 pm

Bills fans can look on the bright side though, they got a superstar QB in Josh Allen and he's only like 25 the bad news is Mahomes is in the same conference.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,187

Post#68 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:43 pm

MoMoneyMoProbs wrote:That had to be the best football match I have ever seen. Holy.

Same.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,789

Post#69 » by VanWest82 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:50 pm

Boardbreaker wrote:
scuervo1 wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:13 seconds left. You've inexplicably kicked into the EZ and taken no extra time off the clock. You know Mahomes has precious little time left. The job of your pass rushers is to "rush" QBs into making quick or bad decisions. In this case he is already rushed because he only has 13 seconds. So why are you rushing standard four guys?

This is what Bills do. Their specialty is sucking you in and making you billieve they can pull it out, and then they pull the rug out.

Apparently their argument was that the Chiefs still had their time outs.

Argument doesn’t really make sense since they had players defending the sidelines. They also dropped their dbs back deep like the chiefs needed a td and not just a field goal.

It doesn't make any sense. It still takes at least 3-4 seconds to run a play unless you actually cover guys and then it takes longer. Bills rushing four when Chiefs were already looking for quick chunk yardage is indefensible. They should have had 9 guys in coverage. Timeouts don't allow you to move the ball 50 yards.
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,427

Post#70 » by And1+2 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:09 pm

As a Chiefs fan, let's just say I thoroughly enjoyed that game!
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,596

Post#71 » by bballsparkin » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:26 pm

I watched both games yesterday. That's something I wouldn't normally do. Hella fun both games. My friend said I became a football fan at the right time. I went into the weekend not liking the Rams. But their defence is legit. Tough loss for the Bills. Great game for the history books.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,596

Post#72 » by bballsparkin » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:35 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:13 seconds left. You've inexplicably kicked into the EZ

I can quickly explain it. Not that crazy, although definitely debatable.

Hot damn, he looks like he's running at 1.5x while everyone else is at 0.5x speed.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,220

Post#73 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:17 am

Just seeing the next day analysis and raves about the game - e.g. https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/2022/1/24/22899074/bills-chiefs-quarterback-development-patrick-mahomes-josh-allen - and watching the clips, I'm convinced that this will not be remembered as a game with a winner and loser. The rules prevented Justin Allen from being given another chance to score. This should always be considered an epic duel where both quarterbacks put up comparable (eerily similar) stat lines.

I don't know if that's any consolation for the Bills and their fanbase. It obviously wasn't for Embiid after Game 7, but what he brought to the table isn't as flashy as what Kawhi does. Both Allen and Mahomes certainly brought the flash.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#74 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:14 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
MoMoneyMoProbs wrote:That had to be the best football match I have ever seen. Holy.

Same.

I've watched the NFL long enough that I could name other games, but yeah that one was right up there. Especially the finish.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,190

Post#75 » by ontnut » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:48 am

Great game. OT rules gotta be changed imo. Both teams need a possession - to lose a season like that for the Bills (and Chiefs vs. Pats), is horrible. Just play the full 15 mins, or make it 10 and play through. Too much benefit given to the winner of a coin toss.
6ixpessant
Senior
And1: 459

Post#76 » by 6ixpessant » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:47 pm

Who DEH! #RuleTheJungle
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,920

Post#77 » by lobosloboslobos » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:03 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:

Same.

I've watched the NFL long enough that I could name other games, but yeah that one was right up there. Especially the finish.

Same here. When it was over my first thought was 'that was the most exciting NFL game I ever watched'. But then i realized there were a couple of Super Bowls that are hard to beat....

This list (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-12-greatest-nfl-playoff-games-of-all-time-chiefs-epic-ot-win-over-bills-among-best-ever/) has it as #3 ever. But since this list also has Brady's Super Bowl comeback over the Hawks at #9 I have to conclude it is a dumb list. But still, this was definitely one of the greatest NFL games ever played. Pretty amazing to witness.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#78 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:15 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Same.

Same here. When it was over my first thought was 'that was the most exciting NFL game I ever watched'. But then i realized there were a couple of Super Bowls that are hard to beat....

This list (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-12-greatest-nfl-playoff-games-of-all-time-chiefs-epic-ot-win-over-bills-among-best-ever/) has it as #3 ever. But since this list also has Brady's Super Bowl comeback over the Hawks at #9 I have to conclude it is a dumb list. But still, this was definitely one of the greatest NFL games ever played. Pretty amazing to witness.

Decent list. NFL Network Top Ten show had the Steelers-cardinals Super bowl as the #1 SB ever. Both Steelers-Cowboys Super Bowls in the 70s were exciting especially the second one. #12 and # 5 were amazing games I watched.

11. 1974 divisional round: Raiders 28, Dolphins 26 - has a place in Steelers lore. Great game, after it John Madden said when the two best teams in the NFL meet anything can happen. Steelers coach Chuck Noll, never a fiery orator, said to the team he can say what he wants but the best football team in the league is right here in this room. The team went crazy, and went on to beat the Raiders holding them to 29 yards rushing. Went on to win their first of 4 Super Bowls in the decade.

I'm a little but Steelers-centric.
RalphWiggum
RealGM
And1: 8,245

Post#79 » by RalphWiggum » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:06 am

HumbleRen wrote:Mahomes a goat
He faced 40 year old plus Brady in the playoffs twice, he was favored in both games and lost both games.

Tough to go down as the GOAT when the guy you have to surpass beat you both times in the playoffs when he was almost 20 years older.
NoBias
Sixth Man
And1: 2,169

Post#80 » by NoBias » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:17 am

RalphWiggum wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:Mahomes a goat
He faced 40 year old plus Brady in the playoffs twice, he was favored in both games and lost both games.

Tough to go down as the GOAT when the guy you have to surpass beat you both times in the playoffs when he was almost 20 years older.

Football is not a one man sport.

Return to Toronto Raptors