2023 Eastern Conference | Round 1 | (4) Cleveland Cavaliers VS. (5) New York Knicks (NYK WINS 4-1)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who wins Game 5 on Wednesday?

Knicks win and advance to the 2nd round
67%
Cavs win and force Game 6
33%

Total votes: 101

QingJames
Sixth Man
And1: 2,272

Re: 2023 Eastern Conference | Round 1 | (4) Cleveland Cavaliers VS. (5) New York Knicks (Knicks lead 3-1) 

Post#61 » by QingJames » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:44 pm

bisme37 wrote:What would you guys like the current poll to be? Is it cool as it is or am I going to get insulted again?

Always throws me off when I spend half my life for no pay trying to keep things up to date and in order so people have a good place to discuss the games and then someone decides I'm a clown and intentionally trying to ruin their day.

If someone has a poll request I'll be happy to do whatever you guys want. I voted Knicks in 6 and have complimented them throughout the series and I'm getting accused of doing something fishy to make them look bad and I don't even get it at all.

It’s cool man, you’re doing a good job and the vast majority of us appreciate the effort you’re putting in. For my part anyways it’s just some friendly ribbing that comes when any favoured team falls flat on its face in the postseason.
eyeatoma wrote:You guys still dont' get it. Playoff accomplishment don't matter when you're up for your 1st MVP. When you're up for your 3rd in a row, damn straight it matters, as the only ones who done it are top 15 players of all time who have won rings.
The KnicksFix
Starter
And1: 1,809

Re: 2023 Eastern Conference | Round 1 | (4) Cleveland Cavaliers VS. (5) New York Knicks (Knicks lead 3-1) 

Post#62 » by The KnicksFix » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:45 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:I just wanna know what mod changed the poll to 'Who wins game 4' with like 2 minutes left in the game, to purposely erase the original poll results that had the GB predicting heavily the Cavs winning the series in 4/5/6 games.

I did. We are currently PMing about it after you called me a clown. So you already know the answer lmao.

The poll going into today's game was who would win today's game. After the game ended I changed it to who would win the next game. Why do you want to keep voting on a game that ended?

I think the miscommunication about where the poll went means a lot to Knick fans because we can come back on the general game board into the thread to show that we had it. I voted Knicks in 5, I just would have wanted the one time to gloat. First time in 10 years lol
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,106

Post#63 » by Im Coming Home » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:45 pm

bisme37 wrote:What would you guys like the current poll to be? Is it cool as it is or am I going to get insulted again?

Always throws me off when I spend half my life for no pay trying to keep things up to date and in order so people have a good place to discuss the games and then someone decides I'm a clown and intentionally trying to ruin their day.

If someone has a poll request I'll be happy to do whatever you guys want. I voted Knicks in 6 and have complimented them throughout the series and I'm getting accused of doing something fishy to make them look bad and I don't even get it at all.

I apologize man. You have to understand, the GB has always had Knick hating mods on staff in the past(luckily the worst of them are gone), so I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

I think the one mistake you did was think that the poll needs to stay current. In the past(at least from the many years I've been here) those 'who ya got' in the series polls never change, as its a way to see what the GB originally thought on the series and how it was going to go.

I understand now with the 2nd thread being made, the poll doesn't really matter in this 2nd thread.

But again I apologize, I just thought it was done with malicious intent because I didn't know which mod changed it, and it seemed like it was done right before the game was close to ending just to erase the pro-Cavs original results, and have a more pro-Knicks vote so that Knicks fans couldn't mock the GB for getting it wrong due to their anti-Knicks mentality a lot of the GB has.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,013

Post#64 » by RHODEY » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:46 pm

Vampirate wrote:I'll be honest, I voted for Cavs in 6.

I trusted Brunson but had absolutely no faith in RJ or Randle in the playoffs, RJ at least has showed up the last few games. Props to him.

I didn't see the Garland being useless last game.

On paper it looked like the Cavs had the advantage, but it's why you play the games.

Maybe on tissue paper.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,768

Post#65 » by GeorgeSears » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:47 pm

Vampirate wrote:
GeorgeSears wrote:I'm stunned at how offensively inept the Cavs have been in this series. The Knicks deserve a lot of credit as they've played hellacious defense.

But this is just unacceptable. You can't sign Donovan Mitchell to then end up losing to the Knicks in the first round. He was supposed to be the point of difference. He's the player that was supposed to take the Cavs to at least the second round.

They're now going to have to pull off a miracle.

The Cavs the year before were legit bad.

Also, they are relying on 2 players who have never been to the playoffs, one of which is a sophomore. (the play in game, while higher stakes then the Regular Season doesn't really count as truly going through a 4 out of 7 series).

The standards change. I don't think they should be let off the hook because of recent history. The Knicks were legit bad last year as well. Mobley took his game to another level this season. Garland has been incredible. The Cavs bench was their weak point, they struggle with shooting the 3, but their starting lineup should've been good enough to overcome the Knicks. Who knows, they can still win this series.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,472

Post#66 » by CobraCommander » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:48 pm

Brunson was this last year in Dallas

This guy was a huge part of a wcf team and that team without him didn’t make the play in…. Credit needs to be given where it is due
The KnicksFix
Starter

Post#67 » by The KnicksFix » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:49 pm

RHODEY wrote:

I trusted Brunson but had absolutely no faith in RJ or Randle in the playoffs, RJ at least has showed up the last few games. Props to him.

On paper it looked like the Cavs had the advantage, but it's why you play the games.

Wait, even on paper the Knicks were a better team. We owned them 3/4 games this season. It wasn’t a fluke
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#68 » by RHODEY » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:51 pm

The KnicksFix wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Wait, even on paper the Knicks were a better team. We owned them 3/4 games this season. It wasn’t a fluke

Exactly.
The KnicksFix
Starter

Post#69 » by The KnicksFix » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:51 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:

I apologize man. You have to understand, the GB has always had Knick hating mods on staff in the past(luckily the worst of them are gone), so I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

I think the one mistake you did was think that the poll needs to stay current. In the past(at least from the many years I've been here) those 'who ya got' in the series polls never change, as its a way to see what the GB originally thought on the series and how it was going to go.

I understand now with the 2nd thread being made, the poll doesn't really matter in this 2nd thread.

But again I apologize, I just thought it was done with malicious intent because I didn't know which mod changed it, and it seemed like it was done right before the game was close to ending just to erase the pro-Cavs original results, and have a more pro-Knicks vote so that Knicks fans couldn't mock the GB for getting it wrong due to their anti-Knicks mentality a lot of the GB has.

Exactly. Seeing the amount of people who voted for the Cavs, I am cracking up at how we have owned them at every aspect of the game
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,562

Post#70 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:52 pm

raptor jesus wrote:I had the Cavs winning this series because I thought they had the talent edge, which is usually the deciding factor in the playoffs. But they just don't seem up to the task of scrapping with a tough team like the Knicks. I feel like Allen and Mobley should be much more imposing than they've been so far given their physical gifts. Dare I say this Cavs team is kinda soft.

It’s that they don’t have the talent edge. It’s something we’ve mentioned. The Cavs have zero depth. 100% sure they do not want Okoro out there, who can’t make a 3 to save his life most of the series. Cavs may have the top end talent, but overall? Knicks have more talent.
NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 567

Post#71 » by NiceLikeChrist » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:54 pm

Told y’all on page 2 of the OG thread this thing was over in 5 max for NY. Don’t know what people thought Cleveland was.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#72 » by RHODEY » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:55 pm

The next poll should be...

What's more likely to happen?

Hell Freezing over? (99%)

A General Board mod allowing the Knicks to shine? (1%)
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,441

Post#73 » by DaGawd » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:58 pm

RHODEY wrote:
The KnicksFix wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Exactly.

to be fair.. we owned the hawks 3/4 games that year we played them and got handled.. and yes i know we were missing mitch but still
BaF
Washington Wizards
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,874

Post#74 » by cgf » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:59 pm

The KnicksFix wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Then why didn't we win more games than they did?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#75 » by cgf » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:59 pm

DaGawd wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
The KnicksFix wrote:

Exactly.

to be fair.. we owned the hawks 3/4 games that year we played them and got handled.. and yes i know we were missing mitch but still

Exactly.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

The KnicksFix
Starter

Post#76 » by The KnicksFix » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:00 pm

cgf wrote:
The KnicksFix wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

We shifted to the 9 man rotation in December
And we were the best team record wise in the East since then. Any more stats needed?
cgf
RealGM

Post#77 » by cgf » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:03 pm

The KnicksFix wrote:
cgf wrote:
The KnicksFix wrote:

We shifted to the 9 man rotation in December
And we were the best team record wise in the East since then. Any more stats needed?

So you meant we were the better team if we ignore the first 29% of the season.

Just like if you ignore our record before adding DRose we were better than Atlanta two years ago :dontknow:

Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#78 » by Little Italia » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:04 pm

jym85 wrote:Image

"TANK" Brunson.....that's my point guard and don't you's forget about it.

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,457

Post#79 » by Lost Angel » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:05 pm

Happy for Knicks fans — really looks like Brunson is the real deal
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,597

Post#80 » by drekwins » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:07 pm

dockingsched wrote:Thought cavs would win, just as expected Randle and his limited skill set and bad shot selection have exposed him, but I did not account for badly the cavs themselves would be exposed.

The cavs have serious roster issues and it’s not just about young players needing to develop. Allen n Mobley is not going to work. Hard to get away with two big men that can’t create their own shot, can’t spread the floor, can’t make quick smart passes, and can’t dribble to push the pace. Good luck building around those two.

Tbh, it could work if they completely cleaned up the glass…but Mitchell Robinson is having his way down there. The Knicks rebounding has been unreal. If Allen and Mobley were imposing their will, as they probably should be, this would likely be a different series. Mobley is young and just doesn’t seem there yet strength wise.

Return to The General Board