The best guard in PO so far

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

The best guard in these PO?

Shai
24%
Brunson
58%
Edwards
18%

Total votes: 199

srhcan
Veteran
And1: 1,783

Re: The best guard in PO so far 

Post#61 » by srhcan » Wed May 15, 2024 5:19 pm

Luka should be an option; I agree that Kyrie should not be an option
WentzerWuver
Bench Warmer
And1: 472

Post#62 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 15, 2024 5:19 pm

bledredwine wrote:Watch Brunson's highlights.

He has mostly open shots.
He would not do the same against the Nuggets.

I picked Edwards.
Brunson is hounded by both Philly and Indy but manage to get open so stop with your lying!

Minny is the best defensive team so if you had mentioned them, I may agree somewhat but not Denver Lol

You are a big Brunson hater!
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,139

Post#63 » by bledredwine » Wed May 15, 2024 5:21 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:

I picked Edwards.
Brunson is hounded by both Philly and Indy but manage to get open so stop with your lying!

Minny is the best defensive team so if you had mentioned them, I may agree somewhat but not Denver Lol

Denver played excellent defense specifically on ANT and gave ANT plenty of attention. The regular season is pointless at this time of the year.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
bledredwine
RealGM

Post#64 » by bledredwine » Wed May 15, 2024 5:21 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:

I picked Edwards.

Denver played excellent defense specifically on ANT and gave ANT plenty of attention. The regular season is pointless at this time of the year.
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
WentzerWuver
Bench Warmer
And1: 472

Post#65 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 15, 2024 5:22 pm

srhcan wrote:Luka should be an option; I agree that Kyrie should not be an option
Only Kyrie lovers wants him up there :)
bledredwine
RealGM

Post#66 » by bledredwine » Wed May 15, 2024 5:26 pm

I'll leave it all out here just to be fair, from a statistical perspective.

Anthony Edwards
30.6 on .540 FG%, 6, 6.2, better defense (and more steals)
25.9 PER

Jalen Brunson
33.9 ppg on .451 FG%, 7.5, 3.8, worse defense
23.1 PER

It is a conversation.
bledredwine
RealGM

Post#67 » by bledredwine » Wed May 15, 2024 5:27 pm

I'll leave it all out here just to be fair, from a statistical perspective.

Anthony Edwards
25.9 PER

Jalen Brunson
23.1 PER

It is a conversation.
For me, the skill in scoring has leaned towards ANT... he's been lights out.
That efficiency reflects that. I also am convinced he will play better against
better defenses.

I want this to be a James Harden moment where I predict and we return to it years later. Remember this please.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,562

Post#68 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:30 pm

Quentin wrote:Ant is the only one being double teamed every time he touches the ball.

Brunson is the only one being covered the full length of the court
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran

Post#69 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:41 pm

bledredwine wrote:I'll leave it all out here just to be fair, from a statistical perspective.

Anthony Edwards
25.9 PER

Jalen Brunson
23.1 PER

It is a conversation.

Ant also plays with another All-star, the DPOY and the 6MOY.

The only player that was a starter to start this year in the Knicks lineup is…Jalen Brunson.

There is a noticeable difference when Brunson leaves the floor for even a minute versus when Ant leaves the floor.

What Brunson is doing is far more impressive than what Ant has done so far.
LeBronSpaghetti
Junior
And1: 774

Post#70 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Wed May 15, 2024 6:09 pm

To steal Colin Cowherd’s analogy, Brunson is sitting at the kids table (the eastern conference) so anything he does needs to be taken in context. Yes he’s been outstanding and I’m a bit fan of his and the Knicks. But to me this is between Ant and SGA.
hundreth
Senior
And1: 423

Post#71 » by hundreth » Wed May 15, 2024 6:44 pm

cgf wrote:
hundreth wrote:Brunson by far. That sixers team the Knicks handled is vastly underrated and would have likely destroyed the Pelicans / Suns.

That maybe true, but that 6ers team wasn’t even as good as the Pacers team that we’re playing right now…much less the Nuggets or Mavericks.

I respectfully disagree. I feel that the sixers team was vastly superior. Both Embiid and Maxey are better than Haliburton. Sure, the Pacers are deeper and more balanced, but the only reason we're struggling with the Pacers is more injuries.

Starting with the Sixers, we were on fresher legs - with OG, Bogie, and Mitch in the line up. Now we've had some games where we are run down. If we took that close game 3 victory, this series would have already been over as a gentleman's sweep.

I think if you asked teams around the league who they'd rather face in a 7 game series, the Pacers vs. Sixers - you'd unanimously hear the Pacers.
hundreth
Senior

Post#72 » by hundreth » Wed May 15, 2024 7:35 pm

Teams with the reigning MVP and at least one secondary all-star:
- Philly (Embiid + Maxey)
- Rockets (Harden + Paul)
- Warriors (Curry +)
- Heat (LeBron +)
- Lakers (Kobe + Pau)

So as we can see, these teams are exceptionally rare and usually championship caliber. The Sixers team the Knicks took out was a very good team.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,874

Post#73 » by cgf » Wed May 15, 2024 8:08 pm

LeBronSpaghetti wrote:To steal Colin Cowherd’s analogy, Brunson is sitting at the kids table (the eastern conference) so anything he does needs to be taken in context. Yes he’s been outstanding and I’m a bit fan of his and the Knicks. But to me this is between Ant and SGA.

That's an analogy befitting an intellect like Cowherd :wink:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#74 » by cgf » Wed May 15, 2024 8:12 pm

hundreth wrote:
cgf wrote:
hundreth wrote:Brunson by far. That sixers team the Knicks handled is vastly underrated and would have likely destroyed the Pelicans / Suns.

That maybe true, but that 6ers team wasn’t even as good as the Pacers team that we’re playing right now…much less the Nuggets or Mavericks.

I respectfully disagree. I feel that the sixers team was vastly superior. Both Embiid and Maxey are better than Haliburton. Sure, the Pacers are deeper and more balanced, but the only reason we're struggling with the Pacers is more injuries.

Starting with the Sixers, we were on fresher legs - with OG, Bogie, and Mitch in the line up. Now we've had some games where we are run down. If we took that close game 3 victory, this series would have already been over as a gentleman's sweep.

I think if you asked teams around the league who they'd rather face in a 7 game series, the Pacers vs. Sixers - you'd unanimously hear the Pacers.

Nah, the 6ers are softer than babys***. The Pacers are a lot scrappier and impose their style of play on the game a lot better. We didn't get exhausted by two weeks of playing the 6ers, the Pacers style of play just makes us look that way

...if Joel had been tossed from game 3 we would've swept the 6ers :dontknow:

And maybe if you asked the fanbases, but I'm pretty sure most NBA teams would much rather play the 6ers...although Embiid intentionally injuring opposing players might tip some to prefer facing the better but less dirty team.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

picc
RealGM
And1: 18,438

Post#75 » by picc » Wed May 15, 2024 8:14 pm

nm
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,550

Post#76 » by DaGawd » Wed May 15, 2024 8:14 pm

cgf wrote:
hundreth wrote:
cgf wrote:That maybe true, but that 6ers team wasn’t even as good as the Pacers team that we’re playing right now…much less the Nuggets or Mavericks.

Nah, the 6ers are softer than babys***. The Pacers are a lot scrappier and impose their style of play on the game a lot better. We didn't get exhausted by two weeks of playing the 6ers, the Pacers style of play just makes us look that way...and if Joel had been tossed from game 3 we would've swept the 6ers :dontknow:

And maybe if you asked the fanbases, but I'm pretty sure most NBA teams would much rather play the 6ers...although Embiid intentionally injuring opposing players might tip some to prefer facing the better but less dirty team.

not to downplay the pacers because they’re def no slouch but the sixers has higher seeded teams ducking to avoid seeing them in the first round
BaF
Washington Wizards
cgf
RealGM

Post#77 » by cgf » Wed May 15, 2024 8:21 pm

DaGawd wrote:
cgf wrote:
hundreth wrote:

Nah, the 6ers are softer than babys***. The Pacers are a lot scrappier and impose their style of play on the game a lot better. We didn't get exhausted by two weeks of playing the 6ers, the Pacers style of play just makes us look that way...and if Joel had been tossed from game 3 we would've swept the 6ers :dontknow:

not to downplay the pacers because they’re def no slouch but the sixers has higher seeded teams ducking to avoid seeing them in the first round

Which was super dumb for both of them unless they were factoring in the risk of Joel hurting someone. Pacers & Magic were much tougher first round opponents than 6ers. I said as much before the last day of the regular season, and that's exactly how things turned out.

bronxknicksfan1
Veteran

Post#78 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed May 15, 2024 8:31 pm

cgf wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
cgf wrote:

Which was super dumb for both of them unless they were factoring in the risk of Joel hurting someone. Pacers & Magic were much tougher first round opponents than 6ers. I said as much before the last day of the regular season, and that's exactly how things turned out.

Embiid is levels ahead of any player on the Pacers or Magic, even on 1 leg. Debatable if any players on those teams were playing better than Maxey.

Only reason this series against the Pacers is remotely close is because Mitch and Bojan are out and OG has been out for more than half the series.
hundreth
Senior

Post#79 » by hundreth » Wed May 15, 2024 8:32 pm

cgf wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
cgf wrote:

Who would win between the Cavs / Sixers, or Pacers / Sixers? It's impossible to know but I'd put my money on the Sixers personally.
cgf
RealGM

Post#80 » by cgf » Wed May 15, 2024 8:39 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
cgf wrote:
DaGawd wrote:not to downplay the pacers because they’re def no slouch but the sixers has higher seeded teams ducking to avoid seeing them in the first round

Embiid is levels ahead of any player on the Pacers or Magic, even on 1 leg. Debatable if any players on those teams were playing better than Maxey.

Only reason this series against the Pacers is remotely close is because Mitch and Bojan are out and OG has been out for more than half the series.

So what? Even with Embiid the 6ers were a massively over-rated team heading into the playoffs that just wasn't as tough an out as Indiana or Orlando...as we all saw :dontknow:

Return to The General Board