ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: GAME 1: (5) Los Angeles Clippers @ (4) Phoenix Suns l Sunday l 5:00 l TNT

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who will be top three performers for game 1?

Booker
26%
Craig
4%
Durant
32%
Ayton
16%
Paul
12%
Okogie
7%
Ross
2%
Shamet
No votes

Total votes: 81

Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,344

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: GAME 1: (5) Los Angeles Clippers @ (4) Phoenix Suns l Sunday l 5:00 l TNT 

Post#661 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:57 am

Biff wrote:Does Monty get fired if we lose this series? God I hope so. Most overrated coach in the NBA.

We're soft, we play dumb, we have no heart and we don't play proper defense.

None of those things will be fixed until a change is made on the sideline.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,676

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: GAME 1: (5) Los Angeles Clippers @ (4) Phoenix Suns l Sunday l 5:00 l TNT 

Post#662 » by schnakenpopanz » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:58 am

Jesus_H_Macy wrote:
schnakenpopanz wrote:
Jesus_H_Macy wrote:
KD looked like he didn't want to be that guy tonight. Book had no choice

other than driving to the basket which worked wonders in game 5 vs jrue holiday?

I agree that KD should be taking our last shot, not Book. I wasn’t disagreeing with you except for the last sentence (even though that is also true sometimes), looked tonight like Book took it cause KD didn’t want it. Maybe that should be more on Monty than on KD but either way I don’t put that on a bad Book decision. Definitely fair to blame him for yet again coming up short to close a game though. Book is amazing on O when he gets into a good rhythm but sometimes he’s just not good. I don’t know what it is. Pounds the rock too much, overestimates his handles, doesn’t know how to draw contact. Or maybe none of those. But it’s definitely something. He’s too often not clutch for us to rely on him at the ends of games.

as someone who followed bookers emergence it amazes me why he settles so much on drives and mid range.
hasn't he been a very skilled 3pt shooter?
why did williams or himself take this away from his arsenal?
more so.
esp for this game and cas: suns had no time outs left.
at that time booke drove to the basket even with a score the chances that after fts from clippers were comparably thins then going full court and having a better shot.
free steve nash!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,799

Post#663 » by bwgood77 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:58 am

Slim Charless wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:
Least they won a title. Your wit is milquetoast at best, dude. Try harder. Seriously. I'm rooting for you.

I’m frustrated that we lost same as you and everyone else here. No need to humiliate me when we’re all fighting the same cause. But it’s fine everyone has their opinions.

Bro.

You just suggested that we move the team....to the home of 1 of our former hated rivals. Leaving the city of Phoenix with no team..and you want civility? You're lucky that Quiggz or BW hasn't banned you for saying that, as it isn't your first time saying it.

I like you as a poster but you need to chill with that "moving the Suns to Seattle" nonsense. Sooner rather than later.

Bros...SunsRBack4Good is overly sarcastic 90% of the time. Stop taking his posts seriously. He is mocking.
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#664 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:02 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Biff wrote:Does Monty get fired if we lose this series? God I hope so. Most overrated coach in the NBA.

It's either we break up this team and rebuild around the stars or fire the head coach. The latter is usually easier and the preferred approach for most teams. I will say this though, I think we'll easily be the most attractive destination for any available high level HC

I agree......but Houston IF they get the #1 pick will be a top choice provided their owner opens the check book and agrees to allow said coach complete autonomy.

Wemby+60 million cap space+a TON of young players that are good (but raw)+ the city of Houston= a great place for any coach to start things over at. They need that #1 pick though or I'd probably say us.

This isn't over yet though. We should still win this......should.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,676

Post#665 » by schnakenpopanz » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:03 am

only 1 fg in the last 4:30 mins of the third while having all the momentum on your side.
this is on the coach and not the first time monty lost a game in that fashion.
free steve nash!
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,819

Post#666 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:04 am

I don't know if KD is saving himself for the later rounds or what but he played the most minutes out there and took fewer shots than Book and even DA. This is Durant and this is the playoffs, he's by far the most experienced and best scorer on this team, he needs to take it upon himself to be that go-to scorer
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#667 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:04 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
I’m frustrated that we lost same as you and everyone else here. No need to humiliate me when we’re all fighting the same cause. But it’s fine everyone has their opinions.

Bro.

You just suggested that we move the team....to the home of 1 of our former hated rivals. Leaving the city of Phoenix with no team..and you want civility? You're lucky that Quiggz or BW hasn't banned you for saying that, as it isn't your first time saying it.

I like you as a poster but you need to chill with that "moving the Suns to Seattle" nonsense. Sooner rather than later.

Bros...SunsRBack4Good is overly sarcastic 90% of the time. Stop taking his posts seriously. He is mocking.

Yeah Bill just informed me of that. Still, mid joke.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#668 » by bwgood77 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:07 am

schnakenpopanz wrote:How many times does an NBA team who lost the first game of a playoff series as a Home Team loose the whole series?

Since the NBA playoffs format has changed over the years, I will assume that you are referring to the current format in which the first round is a best-of-seven series.

Based on historical data, NBA teams that lose the first game of a playoff series at home have gone on to lose the entire series approximately 74% of the time. This means that they have won the series only about 26% of the time.

Based on historical data, NBA teams that lose the first two games of a playoff series at home have gone on to lose the entire series approximately 94% of the time. This means that they have won the series only about 6% of the time.

So next game its basically win of go home.

Interesting thing with our 2 recent playoff rivals.....in a series from 2 years ago before Kawhi went down..Clippers vs Mavs round 1..Mavs win games 1 AND 2 on the road in LA to win game 2. Then they come home and lose games 3 and 4. Then they go back to LA and win in LA, so the Mavs are up 3-2, the home team never winning...back to Dallas...LA wins game 6 and then finally takes game 7 at home, for the first home win of the series.

Luka was crazy good that series, but Kawhi was just a little crazy good better.

I really don't think we win that WCF at all that year if Kawhi hadn't gotten injured against Utah. He's too good and we were not yet experienced enough to beat him...along with George

Of course now we should be able to beat them without George...interesting I don't think we ever played each other this year when both teams were healthy or not resting players.

Another time a team won games 1 and 2 on the road...the Suns in 94 in Houston....then they lost 3 and 4 at home and lost the series in 7...then blew a 3-1 lead the following year blowing game 5 at home in OT.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#669 » by bwgood77 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:09 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I don't know if KD is saving himself for the later rounds or what but he played the most minutes out there and took fewer shots than Book and even DA. This is Durant and this is the playoffs, he's by far the most experienced and best scorer on this team, he needs to take it upon himself to be that go-to scorer

I wasn't watching him on offense without the ball...was he open? Because we often would not allow Kawhi to get open...we stuck on him like glue at least near the end...did they maybe do the same with KD? I guess I wasn't totally watching all off ball movement on offense.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#670 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:09 am

Slim Charless wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:
Least they won a title. Your wit is milquetoast at best, dude. Try harder. Seriously. I'm rooting for you.

Bro.

No problem! I apologize for what I said it was a heat of the moment thing and I wasn’t thinking straight and said something ridiculous that not only upset Bill, you but many others as well. I need to control my emotions better or just log off when I have negative thoughts towards my team. Sorry Bill.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#671 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:10 am

bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I don't know if KD is saving himself for the later rounds or what but he played the most minutes out there and took fewer shots than Book and even DA. This is Durant and this is the playoffs, he's by far the most experienced and best scorer on this team, he needs to take it upon himself to be that go-to scorer

I wasn't watching him on offense without the ball...was he open? Because we often would not allow Kawhi to get open...we stuck on him like glue at least near the end...did they maybe do the same with KD? I guess I wasn't totally watching all off ball movement on offense.

Maybe he was gassed. He was stuck on Kawhi like glue with ball denial
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#672 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:11 am

Slim Charless wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

It's either we break up this team and rebuild around the stars or fire the head coach. The latter is usually easier and the preferred approach for most teams. I will say this though, I think we'll easily be the most attractive destination for any available high level HC

I agree......but Houston IF they get the #1 pick will be a top choice provided their owner opens the check book and agrees to allow said coach complete autonomy.

Wemby+60 million cap space+a TON of young players that are good (but raw)+ the city of Houston= a great place for any coach to start things over at. They need that #1 pick though or I'd probably say us.

I think a young team that's probably at least a few years out from contention is the perfect landing spot for a guy like Nurse or Atkinson
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,960

Post#673 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:21 am

Read on Twitter
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#674 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:22 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:It's either we break up this team and rebuild around the stars or fire the head coach. The latter is usually easier and the preferred approach for most teams. I will say this though, I think we'll easily be the most attractive destination for any available high level HC

I think a young team that's probably at least a few years out from contention is the perfect landing spot for a guy like Nurse or Atkinson

Ironically, I think a young team needs a guy like Monty. I bash him. Endlessly. He does have his qualities though and 1 of them is helping young kids become better men.

I'd love for Ish to get us a g league team and have Monty do that but obviously won't happen. I mention Ime alot cause I really do think he'll be our coach if we fire Monty....unless JJ goes too and we do a Myers/Atkinson combo.

I think Nurse is gone. Not sure where but I keeping reading Houston. Think Monty would be a good fit there but they might aim higher. Atkinson would be a great fit in DET.
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#675 » by LV-Suns » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:23 am

Too bad the front office didn't have the guts to fire Monty last year. All his deficiencies were highlighted once again in the playoffs last year and then he managed to alienate 2 of the starters from the team. Poor in-game manager and poor leader too, he went on record to say that he had no contact with Ayton and Crowder all summer. It should have been either Ayton or Monty that got bought back. I am still willing to roll the dice on Ayton with another coach, I have always felt that he was holding back Bridges, CamJ, and Ayton
I Dont wanna be here
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#676 » by Jdiddy701 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:30 am

I know everyone crapping on Monty but starting Craig worked out well for us. He played a great game and honestly played awesome defense on Kawhi but Kawhi kept hitting every tough shot. I’m not expecting Torrey to score 22pts every game but making open shots with quality defense is enough. Hopefully he continues to play well throughout the series.

A lot overreactions on this board (not surprised). Series aren’t won for winning one game. I expect the Suns to fix their mistakes and play better going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

NBA PLAYOFFS: GAME 1: (5) Los Angeles Clippers @ (4) Phoenix Suns l Sunday l 5:00 l TNT 

Post#677 » by Jdiddy701 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:40 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=e2jUjMUourhO2823KONxMg

This is pretty crazy how spot on all this still is for DA.

SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,892

Post#678 » by SkyBill40 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:41 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Bro.

No problem! I apologize for what I said it was a heat of the moment thing and I wasn’t thinking straight and said something ridiculous that not only upset Bill, you but many others as well. I need to control my emotions better or just log off when I have negative thoughts towards my team. Sorry Bill.
Nah, man. It's fine. My jimmies weren't even rustled.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#679 » by LV-Suns » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:43 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=e2jUjMUourhO2823KONxMg

This is pretty crazy how spot on all this still is for DA.

We were blinded by the hometown homerism. If he went to Kentucky, he wouldn't have gone top 5. Or maybe Calipari would have actually made him into a proper NBA player
I Dont wanna be here
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#680 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:55 am

Clippers threw the first punch. It's time for us to return the favor

Return to Phoenix Suns