TMZ: "DeMarcus Cousins Allegedly Threatening to Shoot Baby Mama Before Wedding"

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,307

Re: TMZ: "DeMarcus Cousins Allegedly Threatening to Shoot Baby Mama Before Wedding" 

Post#81 » by clyde21 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:57 pm

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
The majority of the posts on the first page are talking about her being a shady gold digger instead of the death threat. So... that's a sign.

i condemned Cousins and I called her a shady gold digger.

both things can be true.

and a 'big sign' of what, exactly? :lol:

Bias maybe?

(1) You follow Demarcus Cousins on social media. Can we assume it's because you like him as a player/entertainer/person?

(2) You claimed Cousins was a "great dad" based on what you see on social media. That might be the most laughable thing in this thread of overt virtue-signaling and chick bashing.

1) i do like Cousins...again, sorry?

2) i said he seems like a great dad from everything I've seen...I have no reason to think otherwise...the default position should not be 'he's a **** dad'...why should always assume a black guy is always a **** dad? GTFO.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Re: TMZ: "DeMarcus Cousins Allegedly Threatening to Shoot Baby Mama Before Wedding" 

Post#82 » by duppyy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:58 pm

She most likely recorded it because she knows he will say something like that. It's no secret that he's a hot head and most likely has a habit of saying abusive things like this.

Whether it was wrong or right can be debated but you can't really defend verbal abuse like that. If she has full custody of the kid she is well within her right to keep the kid from going to the wedding.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,436

Post#83 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:58 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
i also wouldn't be shocked if it's a lie.

Yeah, because it's really far fetched that someone who would threaten to shoot a woman in her head wouldn't fly off the handle and choke her.

It's still hearsay, same with calling the woman a gold digger.

The two despicable actions were a threat and entrapment. That's all that should be said.

Do you think Cousins is banned for a year or for life from the NBA?

I think he's done for. This isn't the NFL where these dudes beat the **** out of women and are allowed to resume their jobs.

He already had zero interest around the league before this as is.

He did this to himself. For years he couldn't control his behavior and now he's paying the price for it.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#84 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:59 pm

duppyy wrote:She most likely recorded it because she knows he will say something like that.

Whether it was wrong or right can be debated but you can't really defend verbal abuse like that. If she has full custody of the kid she is well within her right to keep the kid from going to the wedding.

the fact that she KNOWS he would say something like that in itself speaks volumes about DeMarcus Cousins.

AbeVigodaLive
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,615

Post#85 » by AbeVigodaLive » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:00 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
i also wouldn't be shocked if it's a lie.

Yeah, because it's really far fetched that someone who would threaten to shoot a woman in her head wouldn't fly off the handle and choke her.

The two despicable actions were a threat and entrapment. That's all that should be said.

I listened to the 1st episode of the new 30 for 30 podcast on Donald Sterling.

His mistress, whatever her name, seems like a despicable person in what information I have about her... but should we dismiss what Sterling said on tape because of who she was?

I don't think threatening her should be enough to get Cousins banned from the NBA. It's a statement in the heat of the moment. Actions speak louder than words and all that stuff...

But between back-to-back serious leg injuries and the ten years of on-court, off-court and locker room baggage that accompanies Cousins... he's in a more precarious position than other cats who could be caught on tape making threats.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#86 » by clyde21 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:01 pm

duppyy wrote:She most likely recorded it because she knows he will say something like that. It's no secret that he's a hot head and most likely has a habit of saying abusive things like this.

if he's paying child support (which he is, and likely paying for her lifestyle on top of it) she has no right to withhold his own child from him.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#87 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:02 pm

clyde21 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Yeah, and it's really farfetched that a woman the weaponizes her own child and lowkey records her convo with her kid's father to sell it to TMZ would lie...also 'no details were provided'...that part was nice.

You're more upset about her being a bitch than him threatening her life. It's telling.

yea I feel for Cousins, he's been through a lot the last couple of years with injuries and missing out on the contract of his life, the last thing he needs is this woman using his own child against him.

sorry?

I'm not condoning what the woman has done. But it's interesting how him making a death threat is not much of a big deal to you. would you appreciate it if your father spoke to your mother like that?

His child is now going to grow up knowing that his father threatened to shoot his mother in the head. This is the dude you're caping for???

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,594

Post#88 » by zimpy27 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:03 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I think he's done for. This isn't the NFL where these dudes beat the **** out of women and are allowed to resume their jobs.

He did this to himself. For years he couldn't control his behavior and now he's paying the price for it.

I kind of agree, I think he brought this on himself.

People with anger issues don't see it as a problem to fix because it doesn't affect their life like any other mental illness would. It affects their life by affecting the people around them, it's more indirect. That selfishness does need willpower to overcome but at some point you become completely responsible. He's 29 years old and has been on notice for these problems for a decade.

I can still see the NBA giving him a window if he now goes to anger management classes and becomes an advocate against domestic violence. I don't think cutting him is good for anyone, I think that ultimately could flow on to negatively affect him and his family.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
AbeVigodaLive
Lead Assistant

Post#89 » by AbeVigodaLive » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:03 pm

clyde21 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
i condemned Cousins and I called her a shady gold digger.

both things can be true.

and a 'big sign' of what, exactly? :lol:

Bias maybe?

(1) You follow Demarcus Cousins on social media. Can we assume it's because you like him as a player/entertainer/person?

(2) You claimed Cousins was a "great dad" based on what you see on social media. That might be the most laughable thing in this thread of overt virtue-signaling and chick bashing.

2) i said he seems like a great dad from everything I've seen...I have no reason to think otherwise...the default position should not be 'he's a **** dad'...why should always assume a black guy is always a **** dad? GTFO.

Wait. What?

Calm down. You've missed the point so much that I have to repeat it again?

I never said he was a bad dad. I explicitly wrote multiple times now... I HAVE NO IDEA.

And neither do you, despite how much you follow him on Instagram or SnapChat or TikTok or Facebook or Pinterest or BadDadBods.com or wherever else he's posting nowadays.
TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#90 » by TerryTate » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:04 pm

clyde21 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
yes, we do know, it's called social media, I follow him on social media and I've seen him with his kid and he seems like a great dad....

1. That's great if he's actively involved with his kid. I think deadbeat fathers is a legit problem in our country.
2. I hope we're not judged as parents by social media. Doesn't parenting go beyond that (photos and random quick videos)... just a bit? I mean, the person posting on social media does get to control any narrative they want to share... whether it's as an influencer, a thug, a righteous virtue-signaler or as a solid dad.

okay, what's your point? what does that have to do with this woman weaponizing the kid, withholding him from attending his own father's wedding, and proceeding to record their conversation and sell the tape to TMZ?

yes, he shouldn't have threatened her, but everyone knows the dude has trouble keeping in his emotions in check and I bet you she knows that better than most, which is why she recorded the convo in the first place.

Why the F wouldn't she record the conversation? She likely wouldn't be doing that had he not already lashed out at her in the past. She's covering her bases. Additionally, he's getting married and has a much bigger bankroll. It's easier for someone like Cousins to muscle her out with money. Leaking something to TMZ, just gives her an advantage in court, moreso now that it's public.

Again, WE DON'T KNOW THE CONTEXT, so come to your grand assumptions.
He just threatened his baby mama with MURDER and you are defending him... I mean you don't know **** and come to his defence like a guardian angel......

It doesn't matter if she weaponized the kid, you don't know anything about their family siutation. That's THEIR family issue.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#91 » by clyde21 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:05 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
You're more upset about her being a bitch than him threatening her life. It's telling.

yea I feel for Cousins, he's been through a lot the last couple of years with injuries and missing out on the contract of his life, the last thing he needs is this woman using his own child against him.

sorry?

I'm not condoning what the woman has done. But it's interesting how him making a death threat is not much of a big deal to you. would you appreciate it if your father spoke to your mother like that?

His child is now going to grow up knowing that his father threatened to shoot his mother in the head. This is the dude you're caping for???

i'm not capping for anyone, i literally said, multiple times already, that it's bad that he said that and he shouldn't have went that far...but I'm not gonna go as far as you and say he should be banned from the NBA, that's **** ridiculous.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#92 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:05 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

People with anger issues don't see it as a problem to fix because it doesn't affect their life like any other mental illness would. It affects their life by affecting the people around them, it's more indirect. That selfishness does need willpower to overcome but at some point you become completely responsible. He's 29 years old and has been on notice for these problems for a decade.

I can still see the NBA giving him a window if he now goes to anger management classes and becomes an advocate against domestic violence. I don't think cutting him is good for anyone, I think that ultimately could flow on to negatively affect him and his family.

He has made millions of dollars. He should be able to provide for his family even if he never plays another minute in the NBA.

Adam Silver needs to take a stand here imo. There should be zero tolerance for this.

dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#93 » by dlts20 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:06 pm

Now we have found the #1 person who is upset about Cousins injuries. BM going through hell thinking about the 200mil this **** lost out on. Thought she was going to be living large. Now she going all out to punish him. He probably thinks that all he has now is his kid and she is playing keep away out of spite when he's at his lowest point just so she can record him. I would never tt her again
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#94 » by duppyy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:07 pm

clyde21 wrote:
duppyy wrote:She most likely recorded it because she knows he will say something like that. It's no secret that he's a hot head and most likely has a habit of saying abusive things like this.

if he's paying child support (which he is, and likely paying for her lifestyle on top of it) she has no right to withhold his own child from him.

I don't know the terms of their custody battle or whatever it's called but if she has full custody then she has the right.

Athletes should learn to use condoms or get a vasectomy if this is such a big issue.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#95 » by clyde21 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:07 pm

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Bias maybe?

Wait. What?

Calm down. You've missed the point so much that I have to repeat it again?

I never said he was a bad dad. I explicitly wrote multiple times now... I HAVE NO IDEA.

And neither do you, despite how much you follow him on Instagram or SnapChat or TikTok or Facebook or Pinterest or BadDadBods.com or wherever else he's posting nowadays.

why is the default position 'we don't know if he's a good dad'? that's not a default position. the default position is he's a good dad until proven otherwise, and I can infer with a decent level of certainty based on his interactions with his kid on social media...which actually shows A LOT into the daily life of these athletes.

but, here you are, for some *odd* reason...we should assume that, at the very best, 'he's not a bad or good father'...I wonder if he was a white dude...would that also be the default position? GTFO.
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst
And1: 4,180

Post#96 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:07 pm

Just the 1 baby mama? Dwight is clearly an upgrade for the Lakers...
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#97 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:08 pm

clyde21 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

sorry?

i'm not capping for anyone, i literally said, multiple times already, that it's bad that he said that and he shouldn't have went that far...but I'm not gonna go as far as you and say he should be banned from the NBA, that's **** ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? He threatened to shoot a woman in her head. I think that warrants a severe punishment.

Sorry but I don't take domestic violence towards women as lightly as you do.

LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Post#98 » by LofJ » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:10 pm

duppyy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

I don't know the terms of their custody battle or whatever it's called but if she has full custody then she has the right.

Athletes should learn to use condoms or get a vasectomy if this is such a big issue.

This all day everyday, if I worked for the NBA I'd encourage guys coming into the league to freeze some of their stuff and have this done. It should be a part of rookie orientation (if it isn't already).
AbeVigodaLive
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by AbeVigodaLive » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:11 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

He has made millions of dollars. He should be able to provide for his family even if he never plays another minute in the NBA.

Adam Silver needs to take a stand here imo. There should be zero tolerance for this.

Don't know if I agree with that...

Jason Kidd remains a somewhat beloved figure in NBA circles. He plead guilty to punching his wife in the mouth... and he's been accused of other assaults by her.

Cousins, while his words are awful, and we don't know the legitimacy of the threat, didn't actually touch her. In fact, he's not even able to do so considering they're not together.

Murder > punching... but Actions > words.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#100 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:11 pm

dlts20 wrote:Now we have found the #1 person who is upset about Cousins injuries. BM going through hell thinking about the 200mil this **** lost out on. Thought she was going to be living large. Now she going all out to punish him. He probably thinks that all he has now is his kid and she is playing keep away out of spite when he's at his lowest point just so she can record him. I would never tt her again

She most likely recorded him because he has probably made violent threats in the past...and like a fool, he walked right into it.

He did this to himself.

Return to The General Board