ImageImageImageImageImage

With better development could Pascal have become another Giannis?

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Re: With better development could Pascal have become another Giannis? 

Post#81 » by radeonboy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:38 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:Giannis is on another planet physically nobody can be him. But he really does lack a lot of creativity and can’t create his own shot in the half court well. It’s one reason why the Bucks can’t win it all unless they land another superstar

:lol:
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#82 » by radeonboy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:41 pm

LJKO wrote:I said this before and i'll say it again, Giannis need a better supporting cast around him and a coach that is not stupid like Bud. No matter what you add if you have Middleton as your No.2 option you aint getting no where.

:lol: :lol:
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,606

Post#83 » by StopitLeo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:13 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:Giannis is on another planet physically nobody can be him. But he really does lack a lot of creativity and can’t create his own shot in the half court well. It’s one reason why the Bucks can’t win it all unless they land another superstar

Or Kawhi gets hurt…
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,812

Post#84 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:17 pm

This is like asking why can't I be as good looking as Brad Pitt.
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,362

Post#85 » by LJKO » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:43 pm

radeonboy wrote:
LJKO wrote:I said this before and i'll say it again, Giannis need a better supporting cast around him and a coach that is not stupid like Bud. No matter what you add if you have Middleton as your No.2 option you aint getting no where.

Whats funny? Them winning a championship doesn't change this statement I made. I'm sorry to say but Bud is still stupid coach whom was close to being fired and Middleton ain't a No.2 option. They lucky Giannis play out of his mind and got an easy passage in the playoffs after Brooklyn choked because if it's any other year Bucks would of not even made it to the Finals :wink:
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,458

Post#86 » by Ranger One » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:50 pm

LOL!

No.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,194

Post#87 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:48 am

ItsDanger wrote:Stop comparing Pascal to a confirmed playoff choker. He needs to emulate players from 10-20+ years ago. Giannis is more of a traditional PF. Pascal is more of a finesse PF. Embrace it and adopt skills suited to your abilities.

This aged well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,383

Post#88 » by ItsDanger » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:20 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Stop comparing Pascal to a confirmed playoff choker. He needs to emulate players from 10-20+ years ago. Giannis is more of a traditional PF. Pascal is more of a finesse PF. Embrace it and adopt skills suited to your abilities.

This aged well.

Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,205

Post#89 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:26 am

ItsDanger wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

This aged well.

so they win the finals and this is your excuse for calling him a playoff choker when he dominates the series and the final game... yeah that post is **** terrible.

Just own the L and take your receipt.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#90 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:40 am

By the way, what Siakam has become as a 27th pick is **** outstanding. He's become one of the top players from his draft class.

It's unfair to compare him to a top 3 player who might end up as one of the top 15-20 players of alltime.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,472

Post#91 » by D.Brasco » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:20 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

This aged well.

If only KD was smart enough to scoot an inch back before he shot, this was a big choke on his part in hindsight.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,814

Post#92 » by Steelo Green » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:25 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:By the way, what Siakam has become as a 27th pick is **** outstanding. He's become one of the top players from his draft class.

It's unfair to compare him to a top 3 player who might end up as one of the top 15-20 players of alltime.

You’re judged by your salary not your draft selection.

Kawhi and Giannis 15th pick, Middleton 39, Jokic 41, does it matter where they were picked or the fact they got paid?

If Pascal was making 15 mil, then he’s insane value, but paid 30 mil… yeah not so much.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,847

Post#93 » by Basketball_Jones » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:29 pm

I would just like Siakam to be what he was in Oct-Nov 2019 is that too much to ask?
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#94 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:33 pm

Steelo Green wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:By the way, what Siakam has become as a 27th pick is **** outstanding. He's become one of the top players from his draft class.

Kawhi and Giannis 15th pick, Middleton 39, Jokic 41, does it matter where they were picked or the fact they got paid?

If Pascal was making 15 mil, then he’s insane value, but paid 30 mil… yeah not so much.

Siakam has like the 25th highest salary in the NBA.

Your salary is only an issue if it becomes a negative asset and that's not the case with Siakam. He can be traded for value today if Masai decided to go that route.

His contract is fair value for a top 3 option on a champion and teams around the NBA would be interested in him if he was available because he's a versatile two way player.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,908

Post#95 » by lobosloboslobos » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:30 pm

You mean better development than drafting a guy 27th who only started playing ball at 17 and turning him into Robin on a Championship team? Better than that? Sure, in rainbowland he could have become the greatest player ever, but we took a raw outlier late in the draft and helped turn him into a champion and all-star. Development doesn't get much better than that.
WildWolfdog
Junior
And1: 293

Post#96 » by WildWolfdog » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:20 am

LJKO wrote:
radeonboy wrote:

Whats funny? Them winning a championship doesn't change this statement I made. I'm sorry to say but Bud is still stupid coach whom was close to being fired and Middleton ain't a No.2 option. They lucky Giannis play out of his mind and got an easy passage in the playoffs after Brooklyn choked because if it's any other year Bucks would of not even made it to the Finals :wink:

Take the L, man.
Coming on RealGm reminds me how much I hate our **** up annoying tweener "the sky falls everyday in Raptorland" fanbase.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,847

Post#97 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:11 am

Giannis proved a lot of us wrong by hitting his free throws and taking over games in a huge way offensively. These are two things many doubted he could do when it mattered.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,420

Post#98 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:05 am

The main difference between Gianna's and siakam coming out of the draft was Gianna's was a tall skinny guard like player siakam was who he was but needed skill improvement and bball reps. Gianna's added three inches of height and fifty pounds of muscle and became a legendary physical speciman somewhere near the lvl of lebron or shaq. Siakam never had a chance at that transcendent transformational upside. This should be patently obvious methinks.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,209

Post#99 » by HiJiNX » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:18 am

Steelo Green wrote:

Do you wake up everyday and think, “how am I going to ignore all context to trash Siakam on the internet today?”
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#100 » by daswunderboy » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:55 pm

Pascal is an all-star. He was drafted nearly last in the first round at age 22 and was developed internally from there, going from 4 points per game to 22...how much more could the team and Pascal really have done? His career arc is amazing, and this OP acts as if he's been failed by the team and his training regime. Dude has wrung out every bit of talent he could in these 5 years, and he can still get better.

Return to Toronto Raptors