The Heat just killed their tough guy reps

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,896

Re: The Heat just killed their tough guy reps 

Post#81 » by Richard Miller » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:25 pm

Read on Twitter
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,943

Post#82 » by Triple M » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:26 pm

They might not be street tough or whatever but they still do the things on the court that make them comparatively tough
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,316

Post#83 » by DCasey91 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:29 pm

Jimmy Butler
Kyle Lowry
Duncan Robinson
PJ Tucker
Bam Adebayo

Tyler Herro
Markief Morris

??

Herro, Duncan, Lowry & Bam ain’t doing squat, Butler is all bark, Morris is a bully so he’s weak and PJ is old asf. I’d be more worried about Dedmon tbh lol

Hell James Johnson got wrist controlled by Ben years ago (though Ben I definitely suspect he’s been in some, too controlled not to be, he knows what he’s doing).

1x Bobby “Crazy Eyes” Portis brings more intimidation than all of them combined.

Jokic is a 7 ft+ Serbian who rides horse carts as a hobby. Dude is a different. Always the quiet ones you gotta watch out for
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,203

Post#84 » by donnieme » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:45 pm

Nate505 wrote:
Peregrine01 wrote:Did nothing in the scrum and only started yapping once everyone was separated. Butler talking about "taking that **** to the back" only for the whole team to be sent back by a Tony Soprano-looking security guard at the door.

[tweet]
Read on Twitter
?s=20[tweet]

Hate this dumb front to look hard culture.

I can't stop laughing at this picture...I legit thought it was faked for how stupid it is.

The "photo op" thing in the thread is killing me :rofl:. Legit looks like they were posing for a movie poster. Did someone put a lighting filter on it?
OmniStrife
Sophomore
And1: 264

Post#85 » by OmniStrife » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:51 pm

NBA players are paid too **** much to afford being "tough guys".
pontius
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,157

Post#86 » by pontius » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:53 pm

I like how Jimmy gave Jokic a shoulder massage after the altercation.
My Main Man
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,589

Post#87 » by My Main Man » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:00 pm

They have at least 5 dudes who want to "take it to the back" and then they turn away like "aw shucks, well maybe next time fellas" after 1 dude says they can't come in.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,661

Post#88 » by jpengland » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:08 pm

Noone in this league is breaking down locker room doors to fight.

But the posturing from the heat is laughable.

As for Morris, both of those twins are just dirty ****. Jokic was stupid for retaliating in that way but there's not a single non Heat fan not a bit glad that he did.
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,439

Post#89 » by picc » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:09 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I dont think them throwing punches on the court would make them tough guys. You want to hear from legit tough guys, listen to guys like GSP or Robert Whitaker talk about getting into street fights, they think its dumb. They talk about how they try to avoid fights as much as possible.

So I dont think not throwing punches hurts their "tough guy" rep. But I do agree the showing up in the hallway thing does. That is theatrics, that to me is even worse than the "Hold me back!" guys we see on the court all the time. This here is the ultimate "hold me back" theatric. This is just cringy and sad.

That picture isn't just "hold me back!". Its "hold US back!" :lol:

Straight clown ****, Heat must be sponsored by Barnum and Bailey. The second Jokic shows his face at that door, the only thing you'd hear would be "Why you have to do that for, man?". Jimmy needs to go sit his ass down and sell some coffee.
Jfh20
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,773

Post#90 » by Jfh20 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:09 pm

as a heat fan who turned this game off early because i was so embarrassed by the way denver crushed us, this is cringy as f. I do think things could have escalated to an all out brawl from this incident tho so i think the nba should suspend both of them. Morris clearly took his frustration out on jokic and visa versa. There both at fault, it just seems worse for jovic tho because his push seemed to do more damage. Im more mad at how garbage the heat played tbh. We are clear cut pretenders, without any star power you just cannot win in this league.
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,203

Post#91 » by donnieme » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:09 pm

I didn't even notice Haslem was acting out on the floor. Absolutely embarrassing. Elder statesman joining Butler in demanding a backroom brawl. Guys you are all well into your 30s, you really want to get your starting 5 suspended in a contention year? Look forward to your Netflix documentary in 20 years lamenting how you could have won it all.
lamscott
Analyst
And1: 3,036

Post#92 » by lamscott » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:27 pm

Ron Artest. I miss you.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 22,546

Post#93 » by AussieCeltic » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:50 pm

hauntedcomputer wrote:While they're fronting, Pat Riley is placing a discrete call and talking in a low, greasy whisper to a guy known only as The Pipe.

JR Smith?
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#94 » by LAL1947 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:59 pm

Swish1906 wrote:Spo is an idiot too

"That was a very dangerous and dirty play," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra told reporters after the game. "Keef took a foul, and it was one of those fastbreak take fouls, and he did with his shoulder. You might deem that maybe as a little bit more than just slapping somebody, but after watching it on film, it was a take foul. That's how I saw it. And the play after, that's just absolutely uncalled for."
"This whole thing could have been a whole lot uglier if Markieff was actually facing Jokic," Spoelstra said. "The fact that he had his back turned and he made a play like that, blindsiding him, just a very dangerous play."

It's annoying to see Spo lie so blatantly... and this comment especially annoyed me, "This whole thing could have been a whole lot uglier if Markieff was actually facing Jokic". So now I'm actually hoping to see some proper retribution. Someone needs to lay some actual dangerous plays on the Heat for them to reconsider what the meaning of dangerous is... and not as retaliation but as instigation.
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,455

Post#95 » by Jables » Tue Nov 9, 2021 11:10 pm

Funcrusher wrote:
NRSV wrote:Fake tough as usual. AAU isn’t tough. Basketball camps aren’t tough. do you know what’s tough? A people who have been genocided within knowable lineage.

Theyre **** with the wrong hombre.

i mean, i get clowning the Heat for being fake tough if that's how you feel, but do we really have to make it a "us vs them" in terms of which group has had the hardest background and blah blah blah? Nothing bores me more than this tough guy pissing contest along broadly racial lines. From both sides. It's dumb and lame

Oh god the Ibaka **** back in the day these forums were obsessed with, bruh you think Chiraq is tuff, wut about Congo hurr.
KembaWalker
RealGM
And1: 11,634

Post#96 » by KembaWalker » Tue Nov 9, 2021 11:12 pm

actually lost a lot of respect for Spo for saying that stuff. you can have your guys back without treating everyone with eyes like theyre stupid
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,241

Post#97 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Nov 9, 2021 11:13 pm

"That was a very dangerous and dirty play," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra told reporters after the game. "Keef took a foul, and it was one of those fastbreak take fouls, and he did with his shoulder. You might deem that maybe as a little bit more than just slapping somebody, but after watching it on film, it was a take foul. That's how I saw it. And the play after, that's just absolutely uncalled for."
"This whole thing could have been a whole lot uglier if Markieff was actually facing Jokic," Spoelstra said. "The fact that he had his back turned and he made a play like that, blindsiding him, just a very dangerous play."

What a fake mf. How are you even calling any of that stuff play? Your guy cheap shotted & Jokic said f that, I'm forgetting about this game... I'm laying your a-- out.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
theforumblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,925

Post#98 » by theforumblue » Tue Nov 9, 2021 11:15 pm

LAL1947 wrote:

It's annoying to see Spo lie so blatantly... and this comment especially annoyed me, "This whole thing could have been a whole lot uglier if Markieff was actually facing Jokic". So now I'm actually hoping to see some proper retribution. Someone needs to lay some actual dangerous plays on the Heat for them to reconsider what the meaning of dangerous is... and not as retaliation but as instigation.

this is disgusting. you can take up for your player without lying through your teeth.
screw these absolute garbage refs
Kvothe22
Junior
And1: 378

Post#99 » by Kvothe22 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 11:21 pm

Pat Riley is the toughest Miami guy.

And I mean it.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,241

Post#100 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Nov 9, 2021 11:26 pm

donnieme wrote:I like the Heat but that was kinda cringe. :lol: . Don't lose your head over a Morris twin. Those guys know how to turn nba fandom on a team.

That foul on Jokic was unnecessary and put everyone in a bad situation. Jokic had to make a statement, then the Heat had to stand up for him. All over a foul a smart vet should know better than.

I've been saying Bam watched that all unfold without batting an eyelash. It was a knowing look, that Markieff had it coming for being dirty.

He knew Jokic was retaliating as he started & he didn't get angry but pretended to after a good 3 seconds.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel

Return to The General Board