ImageImageImageImageImage

(PG) Raptors lose in gutsy effort

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

will
RealGM
And1: 50,044
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Re: (PG) Raptors lose in gutsy effort 

Post#81 » by will » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:35 am

Ref_from_hell wrote:
dgr81 wrote:
Read on Twitter

What is the context of that .gif? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,295

Post#82 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:35 am

alienchild wrote:
Ref_from_hell wrote:What a gutsy performance by these guys extremely shorthanded.

If this is the type of effort we get moving forward, we will win a lot of games, especially with the reinforcements coming back on Friday

Appreciate a PG thread title not dripping in bile. Thank you.

Yeah but just wait, Fred is back next game. :D

Just kidding mdenny, if you read this. :)
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,492

Post#83 » by Mikistan » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:35 am

Uh oh here comes teme compete ripping guys with personal attacks, hide your kids and wife because they out here.

Close game, we lose, on to the next one
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#84 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:36 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
dgr81 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Winning streak coming, especially if OG and the centers are close behind. Hated seeing Birch with icepack still on his knee tonight on bench.

Yikes I forgot to say Scottie too. Playoffs here we come.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,627

Post#85 » by mdenny » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:37 am

Mr Funk wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:Looks like the team will get a practice in tomorrow. When Nurse can instill his defensive principles into the new recruits expect the defensive numbers to soar.

I have a question. If a fan from another team came to this board and made fun of the team after a performance like this under these circumstances...would there be no intervention?

Why is someone allowed to continuously rag on the team.....mock all the fans....mock all our players....mock the organization....mock the board contributers....and on top of that....imply that masai and the raptor organization has put lives at risk because of their covid policies?

If a fan from another team did all this on the raptor board....what would happen?

What's to stop someone from pretending to be a philly supporter.....and doing all this on the philly board?
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,693

Re: (PG) Raptors lose in gutsy effor 

Post#86 » by johanliebert » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:39 am

mdenny wrote:
will wrote:
johanliebert wrote:That late clock 3 embiid hit in Boucher’s grill was ridiculous. I wonder why he doesn’t get that same adoration Jokic has hes arguably better.

The sheer amount of games JoJo has missed thus far in his career.

Jokic is a billion times better at basketball than embiid. It's not even close.

Numbers don’t say that and embiid does more with less talent around him.

An easy 36/11 for him tonight.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,965

Post#87 » by JN » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:41 am

dgr81 wrote:
Read on Twitter

If we do a partial buyout of Dragic (say 85-90%) does that clear cap space? Or would his original contract still be applied against the cap.
G_Misconduct
Senior
And1: 955

Post#88 » by G_Misconduct » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:42 am

Feel good loss of the year. What a night for Father Booshay

Thybuille is such a pesky player
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#89 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:42 am

dandaman wrote:
mdenny wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:Soooo, first half, Svi hits his second straight three, camera looks away, suddenly a mysterious T is called. Svi's lips can be read "what was that". Devlin says we'll find out and let you know, but of course never did address it again. Does anyone here know? Is it on twitter or anything?

I'm sure anyone who was watching the Sixers 'cast can tell us.

My guess is that it was legit because the raps didnt spend much time protesting. Svi probably used a word like "bitch" or something like that.

THeres about 3 crucial calls a game where our truck fails to show us the replay to see what happened...worst truck in the league by far, bunch of puck heads

3 calls per game plus missing live action with pointless reaction shots after baskets, and from replays that run into live play.

I wish they would hire some just retired producer from TNT or ESPN for a month as a consultant. Come in and teach them how to do basketball. First rule of thumb, never take the camera away from the play for a closeup reaction or for a replay.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,157

Post#90 » by alienchild » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:43 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:Looks like the team will get a practice in tomorrow. When Nurse can instill his defensive principles into the new recruits expect the defensive numbers to soar.

:lol: I miss throwback24 man, you two would make this place a lot more entertaining.

Sorry, throwback24 wasn't a troll.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,262

Post#91 » by pingpongrac » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:43 am

Mikistan wrote:Uh oh here comes teme compete ripping guys with personal attacks, hide your kids and wife because they out here.

Close game, we lose, on to the next one

What is the point of this? You're just stirring up **** where there is absolutely none aside from one blatant troll post from Pooh_Jeter.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,822

Post#92 » by Lord_Zedd » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:43 am

JN wrote:
dgr81 wrote:
Read on Twitter

If we do a partial buyout of Dragic (say 85-90%) does that clear cap space? Or would his original contract still be applied against the cap.

Dragic can give up an amount equal to a vet min signing with another team. Which would clear more than enough to sign DJ Wilson.

Buying out Dragic just seems inevitable at this point.
JN
RealGM

Post#93 » by JN » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:44 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:

:lol: I miss throwback24 man, you two would make this place a lot more entertaining.

Don't insult Throwback24 by comparing him to Pooh.
He actually had wit.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,600

Post#94 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:45 am

alienchild wrote:
Son Goku 25 wrote:

Sorry, throwback24 wasn't a troll.

TB was elite at it, he also meant well but was hilarious at the same time wish I could find some of his old posts. Good guy, May he RIP.
JN
RealGM

Post#95 » by JN » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:46 am

Not worth my time......
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#96 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:46 am

Lord_Zedd wrote:
JN wrote:
dgr81 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dragic can give up an amount equal to a vet min signing with another team. Which would clear more than enough to sign DJ Wilson.

Buying out Dragic just seems inevitable at this point.

I still hope against hope for a trade. There must be a team out there in these times, that could use a veteran PG.

Like say, oh maybe --- the Raptors.
toronto00
Sophomore
And1: 283

Post#97 » by toronto00 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:47 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:Soooo, first half, Svi hits his second straight three, camera looks away, suddenly a mysterious T is called. Svi's lips can be read "what was that". Devlin says we'll find out and let you know, but of course never did address it again. Does anyone here know? Is it on twitter or anything?

I'm sure anyone who was watching the Sixers 'cast can tell us.

Ah my friend who works at the table texted me, it was a delay of game call, Raps' second so it was a T.

Not that Devlin and Sportsnet would ever tell us.
Thank you!! Our crews have been terrible at paying attention and providing real insight in the games of late. Just same repetitive drivel and soundbites...

Some weird/late calls throughout the game but very limited insights provided and no opinions from the crew. The only call that chick seemed to have a real opinion on was the call we challenged - and she was firmly against us, even though it really looked clean to me.

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app
dukes_wild
RealGM
And1: 50,145

Post#98 » by dukes_wild » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:47 am

Leave Pooh_Jeter alone. Maybe he struggles getting attention in his life so he trolls on here. I'm sure he's a great guy, might just be going through a rough patch, much like our Raptors
Geddy wrote:You're probably scratching your balls and eating cheese puffs

Ice Trae wrote:Is it just me or does Derrick Rose look like Jean Claude Van Damme
nestea
Veteran
And1: 1,794

Post#99 » by nestea » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:47 am

I can see now why the 6ers are only 2 over 500.
Im an Optomist, not an optometrist!
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,491

Post#100 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:47 am

Lord_Zedd wrote:We need to sign DJ Wilson to an actual NBA contract.

Dumpster diving for the same type of players in McCaw, Rondae, Stanley, Bembry, Bonga needs to end.

Dumpster diving needs to end... by signing the guy who is out of the league :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023

Return to Toronto Raptors