ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (6.0)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

At 9-12 where do you stand?

Tank World Order: Hope the team continues its downward trajectory so that they can add another top lottery pick talent to the core of Barnes and OG?
54%
Team Mediocre: Try and win at all costs this season. Playoff experience is valuable for the young players on our team. Making the playoffs, even if the play-in helps preserve our winning culture.
18%
Team Neutral: Have not decided what direction I want the team to head. Waiting until later in the season to decide.
29%

Total votes: 119

God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,322

Re: Tank World Order (6.0) 

Post#821 » by God Squad » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:31 am

sbsat wrote:
God Squad wrote:
sbsat wrote:
You know the reading comprehension here leaves much to be desired. See operative phrase "knocking on the door". Do you understand what I am trying to say?

And I have heard many a media personel discuss the fact that he's close to playing to an all star level this year (will Lou wass discussing this yesterday) but yeah real gm knows more. Lol

Oh I'm more than aware you said "knocking on the door". But no one other than this fan base will believe you. So feel free to carry on. I'd bet if they put FVV name on a ballot he won't get the same votes Canada usually gives out (see DeMar/Lowry)

Plenty of NBA analysts and players have praised fvv for his game who are neutral. KD and Perkins come to mind. He is most definitely in the conversation.

I wouldn't know how all star voting would go for him I'm making my point based purely on performance not how popular he is. If I cite his stats according to the gurus on Here they are empty. So what are you basing this on? The Raptors record? Why is fvv not good?

I never said FVV isn't "good". I said he doesn't/wont deserve to be an all star and I'm sure the majority would agree. These PG's are ahead easily, then there are the SG's in general.

1. Trae Young
2. LaMelo Ball

Will make it before FVV and they should.
God Squad
RealGM

Post#822 » by God Squad » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:47 am

PhilBlackson wrote:The AJ Griffin bandwagon starts here lol

More I watch him, more praying the injury will make him still available when we pick. That combination of size/strength to move people around and the ability to move almost explosively laterally with a refined jumper & bit more work on his handles is gonna make that kid incredibly hard to stop. Pops need to bring his Jr home!

He'll be available. He's only had two good games so far this year. I need to see more, because I'm not seeing anything other than 3+D. Pretty much zero handle and creation ability from him, and not as athletic as you'd assume with someone his build.
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,409

Post#823 » by XTC » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:29 am

Kendall Brown is the Scottie Barnes of this draft class. He has the vision, passing, and natural feel for the game... he's being used in an off ball role, so many of his skills are being hidden.

Kid is going to fill in the stat sheets at the next level. He should go top 5.
God Squad
RealGM

Post#824 » by God Squad » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:46 am

XTC wrote:Kendall Brown is the Scottie Barnes of this draft class. He has the vision, passing, and natural feel for the game... he's being used in an off ball role, so many of his skills are being hidden.

Kid is going to fill in the stat sheets at the next level. He should go top 5.

If we stay in the lotto I'm looking at him and Benedict ahead of AJ Griffin. Griffin is going to have to show a lot more consistency before I think he's a legit lotto talent.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,689

Post#825 » by sbsat » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:17 pm

God Squad wrote:
sbsat wrote:
God Squad wrote:Oh I'm more than aware you said "knocking on the door". But no one other than this fan base will believe you. So feel free to carry on. I'd bet if they put FVV name on a ballot he won't get the same votes Canada usually gives out (see DeMar/Lowry)

Plenty of NBA analysts and players have praised fvv for his game who are neutral. KD and Perkins come to mind. He is most definitely in the conversation.

I wouldn't know how all star voting would go for him I'm making my point based purely on performance not how popular he is. If I cite his stats according to the gurus on Here they are empty. So what are you basing this on? The Raptors record? Why is fvv not good?

I never said FVV isn't "good". I said he doesn't/wont deserve to be an all star and I'm sure the majority would agree. These PG's are ahead easily, then there are the SG's in general.

1. Trae Young
2. LaMelo Ball

What other pgs in the east are better than him?
God Squad
RealGM

Post#826 » by God Squad » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:53 pm

sbsat wrote:
God Squad wrote:
sbsat wrote:

1. Trae Young
2. LaMelo Ball

Other than those two? Not many in the east probably. But the All star game doesn't care if you're a PG, they only care if you're a guard. Other guards better than FVV
1. Trae Young
2. LaMelo Ball
3. Lavine
4. DeRozan
5. Harden

6. Maybe Jrue

That's five guards off the top of my head that will get the nod before FVV, either by being/having a better team or by reputation. I'm sure I can find more.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,717

Post#827 » by mademan » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:05 pm

Since i think we'll be .500 and picking 15-20, i like Dereon Seabron. Combination of size/skill and athleticim at the 2 guard spot is too much to pass up that late in the draft, imo.
mademan
RealGM

Post#828 » by mademan » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:16 pm

Raps biggest need is a wing who can put pressure on the rim. Think he fits the bill
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,689

Post#829 » by sbsat » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:24 pm

God Squad wrote:
sbsat wrote:
God Squad wrote:I never said FVV isn't "good". I said he doesn't/wont deserve to be an all star and I'm sure the majority would agree. These PG's are ahead easily, then there are the SG's in general.

1. Trae Young
2. LaMelo Ball

Other than those two? Not many in the east probably. But the All star game doesn't care if you're a PG, they only care if you're a guard. Other guards better than FVV
1. Trae Young
2. LaMelo Ball
3. Lavine
4. DeRozan
5. Harden

6. Maybe Jrue

That's five guards off the top of my head that will get the nod before FVV, either by being/having a better team or by reputation. I'm sure I can find more.

So i will again refer to my ORIGINAL thought that he is "knocking on the door". If he is the 3rd best PG in the east how is what I am saying wrong? You have listed 5 guards who are better than FVV for 2-4 roster guard spots on the all star team. This is the definition of knocking on the door.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,627

Post#830 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:27 pm

mademan wrote:

Raps biggest need is a wing who can put pressure on the rim. Think he fits the bill

What?! Lol no it isn't...if anything it's the opposite.

Not saying they shouldn't consider him but Pascal, Scottie and Dalano provide plenty of pressure. They need a floor spacer to give them those lanes and pitch out target. Maybe someone like PB Jr or perhaps Hardy (although his shooting ability seems a bit overrated), doubtful we're in that range so we're likely looking at a number of rawer forwards and yeah he'll probably be in that group. Just saying that personally I believe the team needs more of a big time shot maker (preferably one that can create his own as well).
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
mademan
RealGM

Post#831 » by mademan » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:34 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
mademan wrote:

What?! Lol no it isn't...if anything it's the opposite.

Not saying they shouldn't consider him but Pascal, Scottie and Dalano provide plenty of pressure. They need a floor spacer to give them those lanes and pitch out target. Maybe someone like PB Jr or perhaps Hardy (although his shooting ability seems a bit overrated), doubtful we're in that range so we're likely looking at a number of rawer forwards and yeah he'll probably be in that group. Just saying that personally I believe the team needs more of a big time shot maker (preferably one that can create his own as well).

in the full court maybe. Siakam gets there a couple times, but no, nobody on the team can consistently put pressure on the rim in the halfcourt. It's why our offense bogs down so much and we live and die with our shooting % on a game to game basis. Nobody can break down a defense on this team, and so we spend stretches of a game just passing it around the perimeter.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,692

Post#832 » by Bruin » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:38 pm

Fake win incoming

Read on Twitter
?s=21
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,195

Post#833 » by DelAbbot » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:28 pm

Why would they rest for being on a b2b against a non-trash team? Also Silver is fining teams and playing for resting.
PrinceAli wrote:Fake win incoming

Read on Twitter
?s=21
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,424

Post#834 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:17 am

They ain't fining anyone for fake wins. Ring it up! Onions, baby, onions!

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 12,003

Post#835 » by Los_29 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:30 am

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:They ain't fining anyone for fake wins. Ring it up! Onions, baby, onions!

Sorry I forgot to update you with our updated record adjusted for fake wins and losses.

It is currently 16-12.
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#836 » by DelAbbot » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:48 am

Put the salami & cheese back in the fridge. Steph will be playing
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 6,023

Post#837 » by Coco Costanza » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:58 am

Knicks and Pacers won tonight, helping out the tank.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#838 » by DelAbbot » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Lots of time between now and game start.

TWO vs Omicron!
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,627

Post#839 » by PhilBlackson » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:38 pm

Los_29 wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:They ain't fining anyone for fake wins. Ring it up! Onions, baby, onions!

Sorry I forgot to update you with our updated record adjusted for fake wins and losses.

It is currently 16-12.

More of your sad, wishful thinking :lol:
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
RealGM
And1: 66,567

Post#840 » by 720 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:42 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

It is currently 16-12.

More of your sad, wishful thinking :lol:

Team Mediocre and its burners think OG = Giannis, Harden, Curry (likely tomorrow no Curry), etc.

I love OG and think he can become special one day but these clowns are next level slow if that’s possible. lol

Return to Toronto Raptors