ImageImage

It's Dame Time!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 10,383

Re: Lillard traded to Bucks - Edens and Haslem "aggressive" to get deal done - page 42 

Post#881 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:27 pm

milweskee wrote:Kinda crazy that Portland was okay with taking on Jrue without a 4th team yesterday.

This surprises me too that they would agree to do the legwork on that part of it. They're assuming some risk if he gets hurt or has a poor start to the season if they hold onto him for any length of time.

Most likely they get this sorted out quickly for that reason and he never even shows up in Portland at all.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 7,116

Re: Lillard traded to Bucks - Edens and Haslem "aggressive" to get deal done - page 42 

Post#882 » by tydett » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:28 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
milweskee wrote:Kinda crazy that Portland was okay with taking on Jrue without a 4th team yesterday.

This gives them time to create a bidding war for Jrue.

Plus, Jrue is the type of dude who you don't mind keeping around an organization with young guys. They won't want him eating into young prospects' time, but running some weird 3 guard lineup isn't out of the question when Jrue can man up against forwards anyways. They can test the waters now, and then see who's desperate at the deadline.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,274

Re: Lillard traded to Bucks 

Post#883 » by Daver » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:29 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Lillard said he'd come back for training camp, and would even rejoin the team to start the season so long as the org kept trying to trade him.
Org said no, we're gonna trade you.

Blazers wouldn't take the Heat's "best offer" (noted above).
Bucks, Celts, Raptors, TWolves, Bulls all showed interest.
Lillard explicitly said he would also like to play for the Bucks or Nets.
Phoenix was inserting themselves into the deal due to Ayton interest, regardless of who the team getting Dame was.

That's basically it. Nothing really new, just a summary.

The article was shockingly uninformative. The only somewhat interesting thing is that Lillard was willing to go to training camp with Portland and then said he was ok with going to Milwaukee or Brooklyn. Thought there would be some details as to how the Bucks end of the trade came together, but it was basically just that the Bucks jumped in within the last week and made an offer. I guess the part about the Suns being in on it from the get-go was kind of interesting, but would've liked to know more about how it got done with the Bucks.

I read something that said that cronin was sitting on the bucks trade for over 1 month until he decided to take it
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,831

Post#884 » by tedbrogen » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:29 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Windhorst isn't necessarily wrong. If Portland deals Jrue for Brogdon and two #1's, we will have some issues with that team.

We need Jrue to stay in Portland. Since the trade is official, do they have to wait now to re-route him somewhere?

It would hve to be more than just Brogdon due to salary matching. Something like Brogdon+Horford+1st. Still worth it for Boston but no where near the impact of the addition of Dame for us.

Yep, least it can be to match salary-wise is Brogdon+Horford+Prichard and presumably the Blazers still would want draft compensation included. That wrecks the Celtics bench and makes things way easier for Giannis against them with Ageless Al out of the picture.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,778

Post#885 » by DingleJerry » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:29 pm

engelmartin wrote:
JonHeist wrote:I think Jrue ends up traded to GSW for CP3 and a few of their young guys/picks

It's got to be Toronto, they have the most to offer by far. Would LOVE to see CP3 end up in Portland though, he's already doomed but that would be the final nail in the coffin.

Jrue would be a great fit next to Curry, could see that making sense but idk what picks/youth stuff they have to offer.

If CP3 went to Por I'm sure a buy out would happen. He'd almost for sure end up in LAL but MKE does need a backup PG too
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 38,035

Post#886 » by emunney » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:30 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
emunney wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hope you're ready to wait 6 months for it if you buy it from the Bucks Pro Shop.

I'm at the point where I refuse to buy sports merch online anyway. Fanatics has essentially ruined an entire industry.

I got a couple Sportique shirts after the championship and LOVE them, but they make a pretty limited selection of NBA stuff and the only Bucks' gear up right now is a cropped women's pullover. Anyway, would highly recommend if you see any of their stuff around and are on the fence. Agree that Fanatics stuff is alibaba with the appropriate trademark rights.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 10,383

Post#887 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:31 pm

tydett wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

This gives them time to create a bidding war for Jrue.

Plus, Jrue is the type of dude who you don't mind keeping around an organization with young guys. They won't want him eating into young prospects' time, but running some weird 3 guard lineup isn't out of the question when Jrue can man up against forwards anyways. They can test the waters now, and then see who's desperate at the deadline.

I just don't know if they can afford to take that kind of risk keeping him until the deadline unless they're truly getting lowballed.
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,526

Post#888 » by LedZepp007 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:31 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:It will definitely take this team time to gel. So an up and down start wouldn't be surprising.

I do expect a semi-disappointing start to the season. But once Giannis remembers that he can also be incredibly effective without the ball, then dear god.

I am also a little worried that Coach Griffin now has a tremendous amount of pressure to succeed. The Stotts hire will absolutely be clutch for this team.

Giannis, Dame, and three great shooters in crunch time. That’s terrifying. I have no idea how you stop a late game high PNR with Giannis and Dame without leaving at least one shooter, but probably two, open.

I don’t even know who leads this team in scoring. Probably Giannis, but would anyone be shocked if it were Khris? The guy will be the least guarded he’s been since he broke out and should no longer have the type of ball handling duties he’s had to have over the past few years. Obviously it could be Dame.

Giannis may average a triple double.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#889 » by skbucks1985 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:32 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
engelmartin wrote:
JonHeist wrote:I think Jrue ends up traded to GSW for CP3 and a few of their young guys/picks

It's got to be Toronto, they have the most to offer by far. Would LOVE to see CP3 end up in Portland though, he's already doomed but that would be the final nail in the coffin.

Jrue would be a great fit next to Curry, could see that making sense but idk what picks/youth stuff they have to offer.

If CP3 went to Por I'm sure a buy out would happen. He'd almost for sure end up in LAL but MKE does need a backup PG too

CP3 and Kuminga for Jrue works
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,369

Post#890 » by BucksFanSD » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:34 pm

LUKE23 wrote:The 87 games last two seasons may be a positive assuming he can stay healthy for this one. I would assume this trade has revitalized him and hopefully he’s been busting his ass to get in shape amid the trade talks.

I was thinking the same that this could end up a positive. What is a positive is that last year was his career high in points per game.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 7,163

Post#891 » by Badgerlander » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:44 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:When was the last time a Wisconsin team had two clear superstars at the same time?

It's hard to compare since basketball is only 5 guys, but the 2008 Brewers were crazy stacked. I think you could consider Fielder, Braun, and CC all superstars. Braun was obviously great, Fielder and CC went on to sign near record contracts.
Braun:
MVP (rank, share)
2007 NL (24, 0%)
2008 NL (3, 31%)
2009 NL (11, 10%)
2010 NL (15, 4%)
2011 NL (1, 87%)
2012 NL (2, 64%)
2016 NL (23, 0%)
Fielder:
MVP (rank, share)
2007 NL (3, 63%)
2008 NL (20, 2%)
2009 NL (4, 45%)
2011 NL (3, 51%)
2012 AL (9, 14%)
2015 AL (13, 8%)
CC:
MVP (rank, share)
2007 AL (14, 3%)
2008 NL (6, 27%)
2009 AL (21, 1%)
2010 AL (13, 3%)
2011 AL (14, 3%)

Cooper, Yount, and Molitor
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#892 » by skbucks1985 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:45 pm

Read on Twitter
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,271

Post#893 » by The Wet Whistle » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:51 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
The Wet Whistle wrote:You guys care waaaay too much about what talking heads say, imo

I'd argue the media and NBA itself cares more about the drama and off-court stuff than the actual product on the floor these days.

I agree. Which is why I'd like to see people stop engaging with these obtuse talking heads. Everyone's engagement (even clowning on them) and their clicks drive this discourse. If people didnt react and just moved on, the conversation would naturally slide back to actual basketball. Or so I'd hope.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 7,163

Post#894 » by Badgerlander » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:55 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:Bucks fans after Beasley jacks up the first 5 shots of the home opener:

But is any team going to even bother to guard Beasley or Brook on the perimeter? I’m assuming teams are going to have like 4 guys trying to cover Lillard and Giannis while the 5th is in the vicinity of Khris wondering if he should be helping the other 4. :D
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,217

Post#895 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:57 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
The Wet Whistle wrote:You guys care waaaay too much about what talking heads say, imo

I'd argue the media and NBA itself cares more about the drama and off-court stuff than the actual product on the floor these days.

So do the fans. Something I'll never understand. The sport of basketball itself is so f***ing cool. Watching the best of the best play it should be enough. But nope.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,293

Post#896 » by Prez » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:59 pm

I can’t believe we didn’t have to thrown in MarJon, Dre, Livingston, etc. You’d think they’d at least want to take a flier on one of them. We didn’t even give up Portland’s 2nd rounder which is gonna be a high 2nd lol. Horst really killed it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,655

Post#897 » by humanrefutation » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:02 pm

Read on Twitter
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,369

Post#898 » by BucksFanSD » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:02 pm

Does MarJon have the potential to one day guard the best offense assignment positions 1-3 and do a good job on a nightly basis? For example, if it's GSW, then he guards Steph and can keep him under his average. I am thinking similarly to how the 76ers used Thybulle. This keeps Lillard or Khris focused on offense where they are best.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 25,003

Post#899 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:02 pm

I actively avoid any NBA media that isn't podcasts and Twitter, but it's fun as hell to dunk on these agenda-driven buffoons every time they get something this wrong while being this visibly annoyed by the outcome. No need to read anything more into it.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 8,098

Post#900 » by buckboy » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:04 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:The Cope from all the national media talking heads is intoxicating. Feed it into my veins.

I'm probably the biggest Simmons defender on here, but my god, the mental gymnastics he was doing to somehow make this a good thing for the Celtics was hilarious.

Now, the Celtics could salvage something from this if they get Jrue, but it's still a net loss even then.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks