ImageImageImageImageImage

Plaxico Burress

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

FRiiDG3
Ballboy
And1: 0

Plaxico Burress 

Post#1 » by FRiiDG3 » Wed Aug 4, 2010 8:26 pm

Would you be happy getting him back on our roster? I think it would be good because him and Eli have a pretty good chemistry. Tell me what you think
NYStateOfMind23
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Plaxico Burress 

Post#2 » by NYStateOfMind23 » Thu Aug 5, 2010 2:07 pm

No, we have a lot of young talent already and there really is no need for him. Smith, Nicks, Manningham all did great last season and will only improve. Plus Barden if he can translate the practices into real games he'll be Plaxico like.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#3 » by mjhp911 » Sat Aug 7, 2010 4:56 am

You know what, if he's released, and the commish clears him to play, I really wouldn't mind. We haven't had a consistent, deep-threat since he left. We haven't been the same team either. If he's learned his lesson, I'm cool with it.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,760

Post#4 » by cgf » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:59 pm

I always like Plax when he wasn't going full (Please Use More Appropriate Word) but at this point why would we do that? We're stacked full of young WR talent and there just isn't a spot for him as Hakeem Nicks is a certifiable stud, Steve Smith is Steve Smith, Mario's a very explosive albeit inconsistent and dumb option, Barden has the tools and mental capacity to be everything Plax was minus the off of the field stupidity and Cruz has shown some incredible body control and ball skills. That kid really impressed me against the Jets' backups and has a lot of Hakeem Nicks in him. So we're looking like we'll be 5 deep already with a bunch of young guys who'll be getting better. Why bring in someone like Plax to take away reps from the young guys?
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#5 » by KnicksScholar24 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:52 pm

I think Barden is supposed to be Plaxico's replacement.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#6 » by I_Love_NYK » Wed Sep 1, 2010 2:50 am

The guy spent a year in jail, let him go. He deserved that, but damn Michael Vick got a second chance and he did much worse killing all those dogs. Donte Stallworth did not even serve time for driving drunk and killing someone. J.R. Smith same thing, under the influence and ended up killing his friend in the process.

Return to New York Giants