ImageImageImage

Season Opener: Denver Nuggets vs. Utah Jazz

Moderator: THE J0KER

eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,116

Season Opener: Denver Nuggets vs. Utah Jazz 

Post#1 » by eathb_au » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:56 am

I guess no one is as excited as previous seasons due to the Melo trade talk and injuries to the team?

-------------------Image vs. Image-------------------

--------October 27, 2010 7:00 MT Pepsi Center------------

---------------------------Starters:----------------------------
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
-------------------------Key Bench:---------------------------
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Random Tidbits:
Shelden Williams will start for Denver. Forbes and Ely will probably make the roster.
KMart and the Birdman are out.
Mehmet Okur is out until November/December with a back injury.

Random Hot Chicks:
Carrie Underwood to kick the season off:
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Re: Season Opener: Denver Nuggets vs. Utah Jazz 

Post#2 » by corona » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:35 pm

what a terrible picture to begin the season with. cmon man.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#3 » by el loco » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Forbes, who plays guard and forward, has assimilated himself quite nicely into the team this month, and Karl suggested Sunday that Forbes and post Melvin Ely, both free-agent invitees, will make the roster. "He's an NBA player," Denver forward Carmelo Anthony said. "He's got an NBA body, a guy who's willing to learn. He's just a good addition to the team."

Karl said Forbes deserves to be on the roster, and that his intensity and scrappiness is somewhat reminiscent of former Denver defensive stalwart Dahntay Jones. "I've always had work ethic, playing for Travis Ford at UMass," Forbes said. "It comes as second nature for me to try to always work harder than somebody else."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_16424917

The Nuggets should have a nice deep bench this year. After New Year's, it will get even deeper.
dookieguy
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#4 » by dookieguy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:40 pm

Great. It's nice to have an insurance wing off the bench. We're pretty much good at the 1, 2, 3. When KMart and Birdman return, our bench should be really good. :D

Can't wait for this game. Can't see a better way to start than with the Jazz. :lol:
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#5 » by carrottop12 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:53 am

Okur out with Achilles injury that he suffered against you guys in the playoffs...

when we beat you without HCA.

;)
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,991

Post#6 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:37 am

Wow, you guys beat a team with the starting PF and backup center injured and no other front court players to fill in, and without their coach. That's like being happy you beat up a 1st grader.
carrottop12
RealGM

Post#7 » by carrottop12 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:32 am

But seriously we were with out our starting C, our starting SF (both former all-stars) and we had 3 undrafted rookies play in 4 of the 6 games, including one who started all of them.

See you tomorrow!
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by el loco » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:24 pm

We should play our scrubs again and drop 144 on these clowns :lol:
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#9 » by The Rebel » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Bat wrote:
But seriously we were with out our starting C, our starting SF (both former all-stars) and we had 3 undrafted rookies play in 4 of the 6 games, including one who started all of them.

See you tomorrow!

We had one of your hall of famers trying to help you from our head coaches chair, that trumps any injury. besides that losing Okur is addition by subtraction and even most Jazz fans know that.
dookieguy
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#10 » by dookieguy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:47 pm

el loco wrote:We should play our scrubs again and drop 144 on these clowns :lol:
OmniDEN
Starter
And1: 49

Post#11 » by OmniDEN » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:22 pm

I really hope Carmelo either gets traded sooner rather than later or at least backs down on his trade requests, cause I just can't root for him on this team when he's being such a drama queen. Makes it hard for me to even look forward to the Nuggets this season, but who doesn't enjoy a good Jazz ass kicking?
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#12 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:32 pm

MeloTelfair wrote:I really hope Carmelo either gets traded sooner rather than later or at least backs down on his trade requests, cause I just can't root for him on this team when he's being such a drama queen. Makes it hard for me to even look forward to the Nuggets this season, but who doesn't enjoy a good Jazz ass kicking?

How is he being a drama queen? It isn't like he is going on a FA tour, holding a TV special. He is remaining silent on the subject, unless asked by the media. Most of the crap we know about the situation has been rumors. And Melo seemed to be playing hard in the preseason, at the least.
OmniDEN
Starter
And1: 49

Post#13 » by OmniDEN » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:13 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
MeloTelfair wrote:I really hope Carmelo either gets traded sooner rather than later or at least backs down on his trade requests, cause I just can't root for him on this team when he's being such a drama queen. Makes it hard for me to even look forward to the Nuggets this season, but who doesn't enjoy a good Jazz ass kicking?

How is he being a drama queen? It isn't like he is going on a FA tour, holding a TV special. He is remaining silent on the subject, unless asked by the media. Most of the crap we know about the situation has been rumors. And Melo seemed to be playing hard in the preseason, at the least.

I don't know about you, but I'm a Nuggets fan first, not a Carmelo Anthony fan. So the fact that he's requesting a trade (and if you don't think he is, then I don't know what to say). He's lying in the media and he hasn't said anything to dispel the rumors for now. It's not like he went out there and said "I'm a Denver Nugget, my goal this year is to win a championship with this team"..he just walks around the questions saying he's here now and he'll see what happens.

I don't really care if he's silent or not, fact of the matter is I'm not gonna root for a player who wants to be traded from my favorite team. So he's playing hard in the pre-season? Good, that's what his job is. Just cause he wants to get traded doesn't mean he should play half assed. That's nothing to applaud him for.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#14 » by Powder Blue » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:05 am

Yea we had a couple injuries but so did the Jazz.....Can make excuses for the Nuggets, they got beat.
carrottop12
RealGM

Post#15 » by carrottop12 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:15 am

The Rebel wrote:
Bat wrote:

See you tomorrow!

We had one of your hall of famers trying to help you from our head coaches chair, that trumps any injury. besides that losing Okur is addition by subtraction and even most Jazz fans know that.

Literally nobody will ever tell you that.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#16 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:44 am

MeloTelfair wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:

I don't know about you, but I'm a Nuggets fan first, not a Carmelo Anthony fan. So the fact that he's requesting a trade (and if you don't think he is, then I don't know what to say). He's lying in the media and he hasn't said anything to dispel the rumors for now. It's not like he went out there and said "I'm a Denver Nugget, my goal this year is to win a championship with this team"..he just walks around the questions saying he's here now and he'll see what happens.

I don't really care if he's silent or not, fact of the matter is I'm not gonna root for a player who wants to be traded from my favorite team. So he's playing hard in the pre-season? Good, that's what his job is. Just cause he wants to get traded doesn't mean he should play half assed. That's nothing to applaud him for.

Again, how is he being a drama queen? He isn't throwing a fit and has been playing hard. I'm not applauding him for that, but you make it sound like he isn't. He isn't speaking out in the media to be traded. He is trying to go about this the right way.

Denver may be your favorite team, but Melo has ever right to not sign the extension and go to another team if that is his wish. You want to hate on him for that? That's your right too, but calling him a drama queen makes no sense. He ain't being one, the former "King" was.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by el loco » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:39 am

^^^^ Call it a tie, and let's get this thread back on topic :lol:
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,116

Post#18 » by eathb_au » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:02 am

Seems like only mods post on this board now ;)
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#19 » by smooth 'lil balla » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Fantasy question: Is JR Smith going to play?

Thx
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#20 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:06 pm

el loco wrote:^^^^ Call it a tie, and let's get this thread back on topic :lol:

Sounds good.

F the Jazz! :wink:

Return to Denver Nuggets