Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,695

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1481 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:45 am

Grits n Gravy wrote:
Calinks wrote:So yea, its a glitch. Just simmed another season. Wovles won the championship over Love and the Cavs. Rubio is still injured. The worst thing is, he still plays games he's just hobbled. So we got this chump taking minutes playing like trash every game. ITs really ruining My Career. They need to let us influence the roster, I'd have him traded if hes' just going to be like this forever. Apparently this has happened to a lot of people. Amazing 2K hasn't fixed this.

LOL hope it's not a foreshadowing of Ricky's career to come.

I turned my PS4 on for the first time in like 2 months today, don't know why I even got the thing.

I'll buy it for 200 bucks :D
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1482 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:11 pm

KG retired in My League after I simmed out first season (we came in third and got the top pick in lottery). I was going to hire a new assistant coach and guess who was available?

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1483 » by Calinks » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:18 am

Just had a freaking field day in the draft! Wanted to trade down one spot but couldn't so I took Towns number one even though he was projected at 3. 13th pick comes and the Rockets who had another teams 1st wanted to trade it to me and their 16 first for my 17 first. I intend to be a contender by 2017 so I took it. I then drafted Porizngis cause he dropped all the way down there. Then at pick 20 some team wanted Chase. I traded him for another future first as well and drafted Isaiah Taylor cause he looked good in the scouting report and slipped. Then in the second round another team wanted to deal, I traded a 1st and a 2nd for thier 2nd and a 2017 first that belongs to the sixers. The pick was 28 and I took Same Dekker.

Now I am looking at all the new additions and their ratings.

Towns is an 83
Porzingis is a 79
Taylor 74 backup PG to Rubio
Dekker a 74. Replaces Chase will be my sharp shooter.

RIP league.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,128

Post#1484 » by UcanUwill » Wed Jun 3, 2015 6:03 pm

Anyone else exited for the XCOM 2?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#1485 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 3, 2015 6:17 pm

Calinks wrote:KG retired in My League after I simmed out first season (we came in third and got the top pick in lottery). I was going to hire a new assistant coach and guess who was available?

hell naw
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,585

Post#1486 » by Takingbaconback » Wed Jun 3, 2015 6:23 pm

Whooo fallout 4!

Anybody playing witcher 3 btw?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1487 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 3, 2015 6:43 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:Whooo fallout 4!

Anybody playing witcher 3 btw?

wow, that was unexpected. I wonder when it will actually be released though? Witcher 3 looked pretty boring to me based on the vids I watched. The combat looked too vanilla.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,351

Post#1488 » by Mattya » Wed Jun 3, 2015 6:46 pm

I'm just ready for Payday 2 and Batman to come out this month. I am excited for E3 and PSX this year.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1489 » by Calinks » Wed Jun 3, 2015 6:55 pm

Looks like this is finally the time where this new generation of console are paying off. I am extremly excited for Xcom 2. Fallout 4 is a dream. Witcher 3 is my favorite game of this generation, Batman will be good and we got Metal Gear Solid 5 coming later this year.

Finally the top notch games have arrived.

I started up 2K15 again, simmed another MY GM season, got the first pick. I took Towns. For some reason, the players made HUGE strides in after the first season. Shabazz jumped up like 9 points overall. Actually I got a screen shot I will just post it.

I also traded Pek for Taj Gibson got another top 5 pick in the near future but I don't need it. Year two wolves are insane. Taj and Towns don't score but they provide good interior defense and pretty much shut down the paint. Bennett is actually good and gets a lot of time off the bench. Shabazz, Wiggins, and Lavine are just juggernauts. The team is suddenly so stacked there may be 3 teams in the league who can hang with us. I have 3 point shooters everywhere, Martin comes off the bench and lights it up, Wiggins is the third leading scorer in the league 10 games into the season and thew wolves are 9-1.

We get to the free throw line more than any team I have seen. Ever game is a blow out. It's ridiculous.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,351

Post#1490 » by Mattya » Wed Jun 3, 2015 7:02 pm

I'm trying to not even think about MGSV right now. It makes the wait that much harder.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,080

Post#1491 » by shangrila » Thu Jun 4, 2015 4:40 am

The Witcher is amazing. No load times once you're in world, incredible attention to detail, fun combat that's deeper than it looks, grey morality quests and great graphics, plus all the witcher contracts make you feel like a real monster hunter. I love it.

My only complaint is the slight glitches, stuff like running up to a vendor but being unable to talk to them for a while. Normally I just wait for an hour and they work, but sometimes you just need to stand there until the prompt shows up.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,894

Post#1492 » by theGreatRC » Thu Jun 4, 2015 5:23 am

My heart skipped a couple of beats when I watched the Fallout 4 trailer. I'm beyond excited.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 914

Post#1493 » by Saltine » Thu Jun 4, 2015 7:59 am

The Witcher is awesome, excellent work by those dudes in Poland!
I am not having any issue with vendors at all, not even once, I just stare at them and press 'e', good to go...
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1494 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jun 4, 2015 8:39 am

Calinks wrote:Looks like this is finally the time where this new generation of console are paying off. I am extremly excited for Xcom 2. Fallout 4 is a dream. Witcher 3 is my favorite game of this generation, Batman will be good and we got Metal Gear Solid 5 coming later this year.

Finally the top notch games have arrived.

I started up 2K15 again, simmed another MY GM season, got the first pick. I took Towns. For some reason, the players made HUGE strides in after the first season. Shabazz jumped up like 9 points overall. Actually I got a screen shot I will just post it.

I also traded Pek for Taj Gibson got another top 5 pick in the near future but I don't need it. Year two wolves are insane. Taj and Towns don't score but they provide good interior defense and pretty much shut down the paint. Bennett is actually good and gets a lot of time off the bench. Shabazz, Wiggins, and Lavine are just juggernauts. The team is suddenly so stacked there may be 3 teams in the league who can hang with us. I have 3 point shooters everywhere, Martin comes off the bench and lights it up, Wiggins is the third leading scorer in the league 10 games into the season and thew wolves are 9-1.

We get to the free throw line more than any team I have seen. Ever game is a blow out. It's ridiculous.

Payne and AB were both 71 to start with? That's generous
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,080

Post#1495 » by shangrila » Thu Jun 4, 2015 1:26 pm

theGreatRC wrote:My heart skipped a couple of beats when I watched the Fallout 4 trailer. I'm beyond excited.

Tell me about it. So many games...E3 will be insane.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#1496 » by packforfreedom » Thu Jun 4, 2015 2:10 pm

I'm still waiting for Red Dead Redemption 2.
MaxMN
Junior
And1: 95

Post#1497 » by MaxMN » Thu Jun 4, 2015 2:47 pm

Been playing Destiny lately, it is still fun.
"Wiggins wasn't as good as our second best player Gay, and it's questionable if he even gets to that level. He isn't proven." -Kings2013 on 06/09/2015
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#1498 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jun 5, 2015 1:43 pm

So no one is excited for X com 2, ok.

Really interested in the Witcher, but I will wait for price drop. Its impossible to buy these AAA games full price when you live in Lithuania, with our third world slaries and all.
Would you recommend to pick up Witcher 2 first, or it's really unnecessary? I know Witcher 2 was a good game, but I am not interested in that one, I want huge open world in my RPG.
MaxMN
Junior
And1: 95

Post#1499 » by MaxMN » Fri Jun 5, 2015 5:32 pm

UcanUwill wrote:So no one is excited for X com 2, ok.

Really interested in the Witcher, but I will wait for price drop. Its impossible to buy these AAA games full price when you live in Lithuania, with our third world slaries and all. Would you recommend to pick up Witcher 2 first, or it's really unnecessary? I know Witcher 2 was a good game, but I am not interested in that one, I want huge open world in my RPG.

Haha how much do people make in Lithuania?
"Wiggins wasn't as good as our second best player Gay, and it's questionable if he even gets to that level. He isn't proven." -Kings2013 on 06/09/2015
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#1500 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jun 5, 2015 5:49 pm

MaxMN wrote:Haha how much do people make in Lithuania?

Well, minimum one is around 300 Euros a month (333 Dollars), which is what I am getting right now doing unskilled labor. I also got scholarship, but its so small its even worth mentioning really.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves