Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,101

Re: Bucks Uniform and Logo Concept Art 

Post#501 » by Matches Malone » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:17 pm

BobbyLight wrote:
StikWitEM wrote:
BobbyLight wrote:
I think it has way more to do with the team's performance than colors. I didn't see people rocking the green and purple like crazy during the Redd/Bogut era.

That could be because the red/green uniforms were new to the fan base. I think now that the colors have been around for awhile and the team is suffering from poor performances on the court, I'm definitely seeing a lot more purple and green Bucks gear than I have seen in the past.

What fan base? By the time we got to Green/Red we had one good year and then a lot of really terrible ones. Even the fear the deer year wasn't anything compared to 2001, hype wise. The fan base from 2001 was far greater than the Feer the Deer one which is why I am sure people will recall seeing green/purple being more popular. It's not coincidence that we were good for a few years with those colors.

I think you might be missing my point. I'm simply saying that when the new color scheme and jerseys came out, the majority of Bucks fans got the merchandise because it was something new. Eventually over time you saw more throwback purple/green merchandise as the team started to do bad and the current color combo got stale.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#502 » by BobbyLight » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:20 pm

StikWitEM wrote:I think you might be missing my point. I'm simply saying that when the new color scheme and jerseys came out, the majority of Bucks fans got the merchandise because it was something new. Eventually over time you saw more throwback purple/green merchandise as the team started to do bad and the current color combo got stale.

Okay, gotcha now. I wasn't reading that properly.

I'd disagree with this statement, however. I went to 7 or 8 games this year and green/red merch always seemed far more prevalent that purple/green. That's just how it "felt" to me, I have nothing to support that so I won't say you're off base. My guess would just be a lot more "new" stuff vs. older stuff.
Miasma
Rookie
And1: 1,422

Post#503 » by Miasma » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:56 pm

BobbyLight wrote:
StikWitEM wrote:I think you might be missing my point. I'm simply saying that when the new color scheme and jerseys came out, the majority of Bucks fans got the merchandise because it was something new. Eventually over time you saw more throwback purple/green merchandise as the team started to do bad and the current color combo got stale.

Okay, gotcha now. I wasn't reading that properly.

I'd disagree with this statement, however. I went to 7 or 8 games this year and green/red merch always seemed far more prevalent that purple/green. That's just how it "felt" to me, I have nothing to support that so I won't say you're off base. My guess would just be a lot more "new" stuff vs. older stuff.

I think you're obviously gonna be seeing more red and green at a game, because that's what they sell at the stadium and department stores. No parent is gonna buy their kid some old gear if they're at a game with them. The only people that wear purple/green gear are die-hards, jersey enthusiasts, or people that can't afford to rock newer merchandise. When it comes to the current logos/jerseys, it shouldn't even be considered that you'd see any other color combo coming close. The fact that we're even talking about green/red being seen more often just shows there's a problem. Think about going to Lambeau and saying it "felt like" there was more green and gold over those old brown/blue uniforms. It's like that with the Brewers, too. I think more people would go back to the powdered blue uni's with the glove logo in a second. That's why you see so much of it at Brewer games.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#504 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:59 pm

All things being equal (let's say we have a great team), you're gonna sell more merchandise with more appealing colors.

Besides red/green being a terrible combo, IMO, I think we need change just from the standpoint of it being a new era. Start off fresh.
BobbyLight
RealGM

Post#505 » by BobbyLight » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:04 pm

Miasma wrote: The only people that wear purple/green gear are die-hards, jersey enthusiasts, or people that can't afford to rock newer merchandise.

I feel like you are making the same argument I am. That there's more red and green... Obviously the BC would carry that perception, but it's not like I see a large number of people wearing anything Bucks related while out and about in the city, so I have no where else to compare it to.

I'm not sure what the Brewers argument is either. Yes, people seem to like the old school unis a lot better and they feel more popular. I'd guess people would be happy with a permanent change to those. But if that's applied to the Bucks and you see far more green and red while at the arena or out and about, doesn't that mean people are happy with it? (I'm not saying they are, it's just an odd comparison, with the Brewers)

VooDoo7 wrote:All things being equal (let's say we have a great team), you're gonna sell more merchandise with more appealing colors.

Besides red/green being a terrible combo, IMO, I think we need change just from the standpoint of it being a new era. Start off fresh.

I'm actually fine with a color change but I'd have a hard time excepting something we've never used. Any form of blue, black, yellow, etc. So that leaves either a purple/green comeback or we just do various shades of green. I'd be pretty happy with the latter. I'm just fond of red because I think the combo is unique.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#506 » by Newz » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:07 pm

Miasma wrote: The only people that wear purple/green gear are die-hards, jersey enthusiasts, or people that can't afford to rock newer merchandise.

Herb Kohl sat down and had lunch with me at the Soup Ladle about four years ago or so now. It was a while after the colors had changed. He was rocking a purple and green Bucks hat that looked like it had gone through the washer/dryer cycle about fifty times.

I found that pretty amusing.
dedned
Analyst
And1: 1,367

Post#507 » by dedned » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:07 pm

I'd take the purple uni's over the current ones.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#508 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:08 pm

The red/green is what's readily available to purchase right now at dept. stores.

Also, I'm willing to bet a lot of people wear the red/green to the games only, and not out and about. There's nothing stylish about red/green. That's the problem.
BobbyLight
RealGM

Post#509 » by BobbyLight » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:10 pm

I don't go to department stores often, but when I did this year (Sears, Kohls, JC Penny, Target) I honestly can't remember seeing a single article of Bucks clothing.
Miasma
Rookie
And1: 1,422

Post#510 » by Miasma » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:14 pm

BobbyLight wrote:

I feel like you are making the same argument I am. That there's more red and green... Obviously the BC would carry that perception, but it's not like I see a large number of people wearing anything Bucks related while out and about in the city, so I have no where else to compare it to.

I'm not sure what the Brewers argument is either. Yes, people seem to like the old school unis a lot better and they feel more popular. I'd guess people would be happy with a permanent change to those. But if that's applied to the Bucks and you see far more green and red while at the arena or out and about, doesn't that mean people are happy with it? (I'm not saying they are, it's just an odd comparison, with the Brewers)

I'm saying that if you have a really nice set of uniforms, colors, etc, that's what you'll see the vast amount of the crowd wearing (ala the Packers). With the Brewers, you still see a ton of the powder blue everywhere, including being actively sold at department stores. It shows you that there's something wrong with the current set. Same as the Bucks, you shouldn't be seeing near the amount of purple/green at games that you are, that being an indicator of the crowd's ambivalence toward the current scheme. I'm speaking of what I see at games only, of course.
MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#511 » by MadBlueEdwards » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:28 pm

Newz wrote:

Herb Kohl sat down and had lunch with me at the Soup Ladle about four years ago or so now. It was a while after the colors had changed. He was rocking a purple and green Bucks hat that looked like it had gone through the washer/dryer cycle about fifty times.

I found that pretty amusing.

I think that's the same one he still wears now.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#512 » by machu46 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:17 pm

BobbyLight wrote:A few additional concepts that I don't think have been posted:

I like all of these.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,354

Post#513 » by RiotPunch » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:22 pm

Those are pretty sexy.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,235

Post#514 » by thomchatt3rton » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:28 pm

RiotPunch wrote:

Those are pretty sexy.

I like these too.
I really hope they stick w red and green. Its original and distinctive. Id tweak the colors a little tho, make them less christmasy.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#515 » by breakchains » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:35 pm

[/img]

YES. This is great. I might go a shade darker on the aways but overall I love these. Nice job to whomever made them. Classic and clean.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,354

Post#516 » by RiotPunch » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:43 pm

My only qualm with those is that none of them say 'Milwaukee'. If the away did, I'd get behind those jerseys.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#517 » by machu46 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:55 pm

It's a really sloppy recolorization because I was just throwing it together really quickly, but just to get an idea of what an orange color scheme could look like:

There's still a little green and red that I couldn't completely remove, and I'd like to get the orange shade a little brighter, but I think a orange, white, and platinum kinda color scheme could be cool.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#518 » by MadBlueEdwards » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:36 am

Very nice. Kind of reminds me of what the Wizards did with their jerseys (which I think are great too).
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,101

Post#519 » by Matches Malone » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:48 am

machu46 wrote:It's a really sloppy recolorization because I was just throwing it together really quickly, but just to get an idea of what an orange color scheme could look like:

There's still a little green and red that I couldn't completely remove, and I'd like to get the orange shade a little brighter, but I think a orange, white, and platinum kinda color scheme could be cool.

Great job Machu

I definitely agree with you that the color scheme of orange white and maybe even black would look slick! I know some people are against a black uniform but I say have white for home and orange for away. Then you have black trimming. Maybe down the road you could have a black alternate with the bright orange and white as the colors to fill in the letters and numbers.

I love this look on the Volunteers away uniforms...

Now picture Milwaukee in place of Tennessee :P
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,556

Post#520 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:54 am

This deer has been hanging out with OJ Mayo at Ponderosa.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks