ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (REVENGE OF THE NERDS II: NERDS IN PARADISE)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

bossmangeo
Ballboy
And1: 1

Trade Thread (REVENGE OF THE NERDS II: NERDS IN PARADISE) 

Post#1 » by bossmangeo » Sun Mar 3, 2013 1:59 am

WHat i want in an NBA team from my center and power forward Is Defense First and Rebounding!!! I want my sf to be an all around player Durant or Lebron type but to maybe not that Degree cuz those [layer are rare and hard to find!! My SG should be a scorer with decent passing skills and some defense.. My pg should be a pass first player but i am happy with curry. Back to Lee, he made the all star this year and has great trade value.. I know we have our Center and we haven't really seen too much of David Lee and A. Bogut play together. But should we trade David Lee as he is in what 8th or 9th season and he will never play better Defense that he plays now which is terrible! WHo would you guys like to trade David lee for? Can we get a decent pf who plays Defense and maybe a draft pick out of it?
Golden State
Senior
And1: 0

Re: Maybe we should trade David Lee 

Post#2 » by Golden State » Sun Mar 3, 2013 2:11 am

Maybe getting an NBA Center solves the bigger problem?
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#3 » by BW32 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 2:25 am

It would be damn hard just to dump him even harder if you actually want to get talent back.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#4 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Mar 3, 2013 2:27 am

he's atrocious, watching his lazy defense and slopball offense is pissing me off
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Carhanu
Sophomore
And1: 80

Post#5 » by Carhanu » Sun Mar 3, 2013 2:33 am

how many more years are left on his contract?
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by BW32 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 2:34 am

Carhanu wrote:how many more years are left on his contract?

Three after this one.
Northx57
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#7 » by Northx57 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 2:34 am

Trade David Lee? You're saying it like there are teams out there dying to have him and his contract.
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#8 » by DreDay » Sun Mar 3, 2013 2:47 am

Lee for Ross/Bargnani
Lee for Henson/Gooden
Lee for Humphries

All would be good return. Ross is a nice wing and makes Klay expendable. Henson is a stud not getting minutes and Humphries shaves 2 years off Lees contract and makes room for a combination of LeBron/Dirk/Wade/Bosh/Iggy to be Warriors.
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#9 » by The Maestro » Sun Mar 3, 2013 3:09 am

GSW gets Gasol
LAL gets Love/Jefferson
Minny gets Lee

GSW
Curry
Klay
Barnes
Gasol
Bogut

We dump the last 3 years of Lee's contract and still improve for next season. Bogut, Gasol and Beans are all expiring contracts too.
DreDay
General Manager

Post#10 » by DreDay » Sun Mar 3, 2013 3:13 am

GSW will take Love instead of Gasol thank you. Cut LA out, why do they get to scam Minnesota?
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by The Maestro » Sun Mar 3, 2013 3:19 am

Love doesn't play any defense. He's Lee with some range...no thank you. He's better than Lee but he's overrated.

And Love will eventually force a trade out of Minnesota and LA is his preferred spot.

Getting Gasol improves our team for next season and it also gives us tremendous flexibility going forward by dumping Lee. Make the playoffs this year and next and we'll have a great shot at some big time free agents and there's a ton available in the summer of 2014. We'll have over $45 mil in expirings between Bogut, Gasol, Beans, Rush and possibly Landry.
DreDay
General Manager

Re: Trade Thread (BATTLE FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES) 

Post#12 » by DreDay » Sun Mar 3, 2013 8:52 am

If Love is Lee with range, Gasol is Lee without the offense and rebounding. The only positive about that is he expires in LeBrons FA, but then again Warriors already have room for the max. Kevin Love is so much better than Lee and Gasol there's no way Warriors would take Pau. Curry/Love combo would be lethal, spacing would be great and Love's rebounding would be very useful.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,425

Post#13 » by Onus » Sun Mar 3, 2013 4:05 pm

Pau led the lakers to 3 straight final appearances as a pf/c. He started at pf then closed games as the C. With as much as we use Lee as the Center pau would thrive. In the olympics in 2012 he played like he was the best center in the world. He would add a lot more to the team than Love and Lee. The only problem is that he's much older than our current core of perimeter players. They aren't ready for championship basketball yet, so I'd pass on Pau for now. As by the time our core perimeter players are ready he'll be declining.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
GSForever
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#14 » by GSForever » Sun Mar 3, 2013 4:23 pm

I don't think this is the right makeup going into the future. I'd keep Curry and Barnes and Fest. Everyone else is available for trade. During the draft make a trade to get Shabazz and try to find a way to bring in Josh Smith or maybe Iggy. Maybe see if we can get a PF like Udoh back for cheap or through trade. I like aggressive GMs like Morey
bay2hk
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#15 » by bay2hk » Sun Mar 3, 2013 7:07 pm

The Warriors have plenty of trade chips this summer.

Biendris/Barnes/2nd for S&T Josh Smith
Bogut/Rush/1st for S&T Andrew Bynum
Jefferson/Klay/2nd for Eric Gordon

Resign Jack and use our MLE to get bench depth.

Curry/Jack
Gordon/Bazemore
Smith/Green
Lee/(MLE)
Bynum/Ezeli/Kuzmic

Although there is a high risk in Bynum/Gordon, this roster will make the Warriors a contender.
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by The Maestro » Sun Mar 3, 2013 7:13 pm

Bynum makes Bogut look healthy. No thanks.

Enough with the injury prone players. We have the assets to acquire talent that isn't discounted due to massive injury problems.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#17 » by turk3d » Sun Mar 3, 2013 10:30 pm

The Maestro wrote:Bynum makes Bogut look healthy. No thanks.

Enough with the injury prone players. We have the assets to acquire talent that isn't discounted due to massive injury problems.

+ 1. We tried that with Bogut and so far it hasn't worked too well. Too many injury risks on this already. Don't need any more. All trades should be made for completely healthy players for a while.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,614

Post#18 » by Mylie10 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 10:32 pm

I think a Love for Lee deal is realistic for both teams.

Mainly because I don't think Minny wants to Max out Love....Lee gives them much of what Love does at a cheaper shorter term.....we would have to Max Love but he would give us an upgrade there...and he's a west coast guy.

I don't think Love is dead set on the Lakers or Clippers....I think he would fit nicely with Bogut or the other two defensive centers.

The question to me is if the Warriors would be willing to Max out Love?

Then I would look hard for a backup PF who could fit nicely with Love when you go small....Milsap comes to mind.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,614

Post#19 » by Mylie10 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 10:39 pm

Curry/ Jack
Rush/ Bazemore
Barnes/ Green
Love/ Milsap
Bogut/ Biedrins/Ezeli

I would assume we'd need to add Klay to get the Minnesota deal done....or maybe in a Milsap sign and trade. Klay fits both Utah and Minny who need shooters.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by BW32 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 11:11 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I think a Love for Lee deal is realistic for both teams.

Mainly because I don't think Minny wants to Max out Love....Lee gives them much of what Love does at a cheaper shorter term.....we would have to Max Love but he would give us an upgrade there...and he's a west coast guy.

I don't think Love is dead set on the Lakers or Clippers....I think he would fit nicely with Bogut or the other two defensive centers.

The question to me is if the Warriors would be willing to Max out Love?

Then I would look hard for a backup PF who could fit nicely with Love when you go small....Milsap comes to mind.

Their contracts are the same length with Love making 3 mil more over the entire duration of it (3 years after this one). It's not cheaper, shorter or better in any way to have Lee over Love.

Return to Golden State Warriors