Stutttering issues watching NBA league pass international

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Re: Stutttering issues watching NBA league pass internationa 

Post#21 » by NBAfan3024 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:28 pm

had the same issue it kept stopping when watching pelicans game but was ok in the 2nd half.
Freefloater
Sixth Man
And1: 892

Post#22 » by Freefloater » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:48 pm

also i cant instal nba game time app

its keeps saying 'package file invalid' or something like that
Fact is that momentum in games is a real thing, while not tangible itself, you can tangibly see the effect it has when teams are on runs and how it can dramatically effect the outcome of games when you can generate any momentum.
Freefloater
Sixth Man

Post#23 » by Freefloater » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:35 pm

heres more info ...yesterday and today i watched cuople of games and everything was perfectly ok....so i tried to run a little experiment... i switched to a problmeatic game from a couple of days ago and the stutering immediatelly returned....

something is definitely wrong either with tapes/records of some games or servers where some of the games are hosted :nod:
Fact is that momentum in games is a real thing, while not tangible itself, you can tangibly see the effect it has when teams are on runs and how it can dramatically effect the outcome of games when you can generate any momentum.
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#24 » by MountainDrew » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:40 pm

Yep, something is wrong with the tape. Certain games just work perfectly, others stutter on both the home and away version. They need to fix this, just not a good look.
Trust the Process
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#25 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Shoulda got ballstreams man. Better quality and cheaper.
Freefloater
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by Freefloater » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:48 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:Shoulda got ballstreams man. Better quality and cheaper.

whats the procedure? i heard you need invitations or something?
Bolivar
Starter
And1: 4,325

Post#27 » by Bolivar » Sat Nov 1, 2014 2:58 pm

Freefloater wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:Shoulda got ballstreams man. Better quality and cheaper.

whats the procedure? i heard you need invitations or something?

Sort of yeah, you "request an invitation" and then you wait for them to handle it. At least for me, the invitation was approved within a day. Anything else would be ridiculously stupid anyway, like saying "no thanks, we don't want your money" :lol:

That being said, I sure hope their servers can handle the load. I'm experiencing quite a lot of stuttering on it and I'm still kind of in the process of figuring out if the fault is at my end and if there's something I can do. I've only had it for couple of days and I only watch on-demand games because of my time zone. Typically it works just great for a few minutes at a time, and then it starts to stutter and I click pause and wait for about 10 seconds and then it's fine again for another few minutes and so on for the whole game :nonono:
I've tried it couple of times on the 800kbps version and seems to be exactly the same thing so it's a bit weird.
Freefloater
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by Freefloater » Sat Nov 1, 2014 3:03 pm

hmmm so ballstreams is stutering a lot as well....hmmm
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,385

Post#29 » by robbie84 » Sun Nov 2, 2014 10:09 am

Mine's been having big problems too.
can anyone try the stream from the Celtics vs Rockets game on Saturday night and tell me if yours is choppy?
Thanks guys!
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
Freefloater
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by Freefloater » Mon Nov 3, 2014 3:22 pm

robbie84 wrote:Mine's been having big problems too.
can anyone try the stream from the Celtics vs Rockets game on Saturday night and tell me if yours is choppy?
Thanks guys!

mine was choppy yesterday when i have watched it first time and today is also choppy but not as choopy as it used to be last cuople of days when it was preventing me from watching some games...
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#31 » by dautjazz » Mon Nov 3, 2014 5:06 pm

Damn I just got a new modem and upgraded from 12-24mbps thinking that was the reason for stuttering. My account is frozen for 2 weeks so I can't try it. Hope my ballstream works good, if not I'll just get League Pass again.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,397

Post#32 » by JonFromVA » Mon Nov 3, 2014 6:31 pm

I can't speak for ILP, but NBA league pass seems to get off to a lousy start every season as they work out their various bugs and issues while trying to cope with the ridiculous load caused by their free-view period.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,105

Post#33 » by fallguy » Mon Nov 3, 2014 8:13 pm

Don't mean to hijack the thread but a couple of observations on LP International:

-The customer service is atrocious. For the most part I've been able to escape dealing with them in past years (thank god) but I've sent four emails on the same issue over the last six days, without a single response beyond their automated "we'll get back to you." As a multi-year subscriber who still can't believe they're screwing this up so regularly, I'm thinking about cancelling and switching to Ballstreams. There's not even a "higher than usual volumes, it may take a week to get back to you notice".

-Is it just me or is there no way to rewind and fast forward live games on the XBox? Those options only show up with archived games for me. But watching live, all you can do is pause and play. This can't really be the functionality, can it? That would be a step backwards from last year.
Freefloater
Sixth Man

Post#34 » by Freefloater » Tue Nov 4, 2014 12:13 pm

i cancelled my subscirption to lp international...however it stil is present under my packages albeit can not be clicked...

i tried to subscribe again albeit now to chose monthy payments since i plan to stop it again if it doesnt work well during that month(instead paying for the whole year in advance)...however it says you are already subscribed ?!
9th Wonder
Assistant Coach
And1: 183

Post#35 » by 9th Wonder » Wed Nov 5, 2014 2:45 am

Freefloater wrote:i cancelled my subscirption to lp international...however it stil is present under my packages albeit can not be clicked...

i tried to subscribe again albeit now to chose monthy payments since i plan to stop it again if it doesnt work well during that month(instead paying for the whole year in advance)...however it says you are already subscribed ?!

Same situation for me, however it will still allow me to subscribe for this season. The package is still listed in my profile and I can still access the games. I sent an email to nbasupport@neulion.com letting them know that I plan to challenge any charge to my card based on the fact that I clicked unsubscribe, but received no clear confirmation that I won't be charged.

Talk about shady tactics.
Freefloater
Sixth Man

Post#36 » by Freefloater » Wed Nov 5, 2014 7:03 am

9th Wonder wrote:
Freefloater wrote:i cancelled my subscirption to lp international...however it stil is present under my packages albeit can not be clicked...

Same situation for me, however it will still allow me to subscribe for this season. The package is still listed in my profile and I can still access the games. I sent an email to nbasupport@neulion.com letting them know that I plan to challenge any charge to my card based on the fact that I clicked unsubscribe, but received no clear confirmation that I won't be charged.

Talk about shady tactics.

they are ambiguous ...try changing your payment info to another card...i changed mine to a debit card that wont allow them to withdraw money from it since i only have 30 bucks deposited on it
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,082

Post#37 » by sisibilio » Wed Nov 5, 2014 2:58 pm

Free trial period is over and this sheet still lagging as hell. :curse:
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,760

Post#38 » by Calvin Klein » Wed Nov 5, 2014 3:17 pm

It happened to me a few times as well. Last game was Spurs @ Suns, last friday.
Freefloater
Sixth Man

Post#39 » by Freefloater » Thu Nov 6, 2014 8:29 am

today it allowed me to subscribe to premium int lp on a monthly basis so if the stutering continue i may stop paying for it....
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#40 » by Dupp » Thu Nov 6, 2014 8:36 am

Ive found its not happening in live games just watching games back. Has never happened in previous years but if they dont fix it i will be cancelling it. I sent them an email, will see what happens.

Return to The General Board