ImageImageImageImageImage

New Raptors Logo, Four Colours Revealed (UPDATE P 28)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Do you like the new logo?

Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes: 401

almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Re: New Raptors Logo, Four Colours Revealed (UPDATE P 28) 

Post#1741 » by almatic » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:41 pm

vincecarter55 wrote:
Double Helix wrote:Pretend the logo has been with us since the 1940s. Feel better? Look at the Maple Leafs logo. A maple leaf with writing on it. just give this slashed up basketball some time. If the team goes on some big playoff runs in the coming years it will be these new jerseys and this logo we look back on fondly years from now. Right now, we just have emotional ties to what exists and all our own ideas for what we thought might be possible.

I hated the new Winnipeg Jets logo when it first came out. Now, I love it. These things take time and seasons of winning to undo the love we had for the past.

If that's the case then why do we need to change the logo right now? Why not just stick with the current one and people can learn to love that logo? That way we don't all have to buy new jerseys and merchandise! Everybody is happy!

Speak for yourself.
Ive been waiting for a rebrand for years.
Right now a lot of casuals dont even know if the claw is our primary logo or the dinosaur thing.
Im a little disappointed we're sticking with the Blazers colour scheme but something's better than nothing.
There's always a chance to go back to a "vintage look" anyway. Logos don't disappear, we can still use the old ones.
Look at the Philadelphia 76ers.. they rebranded for the Iverson era. But their essence of the Dr. J & Barkley era never left & now they have the vintage look back.
Ppl here are just overreacting so much. You can wear the old stuff. Newer fans buy the new stuff. Youre still supporting the Raptors. They're still in Toronto. Its not a big deal.
We really are living up to the rep as "most sensitive fans in the league" with all these negative reactions.
MkDon
Junior
And1: 1,413

Post#1742 » by MkDon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:53 pm

Yet another wallpaper :)

Link: http://i.imgur.com/0880V2K.jpg
almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Post#1743 » by almatic » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:58 pm

vincecarter55 wrote:People just continue to feed into the marketing strategies of a profit hungry corporation like Rogers... sigh. All this rebrand is being used for is to sell more merchandise. There is NOTHING wrong with the logos and colours we have had in the past. Let's look at all of the most storied franchises in sports and notice how they DO NOT change their colours and DO NOT change their logos constantly. Build a fanbase with the logo you have and stick with it. People love the purple. People love the dino. And yet for some reason people say that we are long overdue for a rebrand? We never needed one in the first place lol.

We definitely needed one. Winning just shut that all up though... but aesthetically they needed one.
Take a look around.... before Brooklyn was a rival here, their merchandise was FLYING off the shelves when they first came out with their new look.

Warriors fans didn't think they needed a rebrand when they get theirs... yet here they are. Nice clean new look. Better brand. Better team.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,756

Post#1744 » by Double Helix » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:07 pm

I have to admit that seeing the actual fan-added Raptor claw ripping the basketball does seem better overall. I do wish they were open to such a tweak because I think more people that were on the fence would get on board with even that small concession/addition but they've filed the patent and obviously the NBA has signed off on this so it's over. This is happening.

Plus, as others have mentioned, the league probably remembers similar outrage from other fans in other cities and knows that these things take time to become accepted. The Warriors rebrand is a great example of that.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#1745 » by hsb » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:09 pm

MkDon wrote:Yet another wallpaper :)

Nice, much better without the circle for some reason.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
BlueJayReyes
Starter
And1: 1,676

Post#1746 » by BlueJayReyes » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:10 pm

I can dig this wallpaper
ballercb4
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#1747 » by ballercb4 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:13 pm

kidr1211 wrote:
ballercb4 wrote:
kidr1211 wrote:

That petition reeks of unnecessary drake hate. Dude said he had nothing to do with it.

LOL :lol: I didn't make the petition I just posted this one because it had the most signatures/first one made...I explained the reasoning why he did 1000 times...to use his brand and colors they need permission so he had to be with okay it. He was hired to help we the rebrand...At the bare minimum he helped picked the colors right; the last time I checked that is part of designing...Secondly the day before he was hyping up the release of the logos. When sh*t hits the fan nobody wants the blame...Anyways you can't pin the blame all on him the whole rebrand team dropped the ball here.

Wtf are you talking about? You don't need drakes permission to use black and gold he doesn't own the colours. There's a poster here who worked for sid lee and said they tried purple etc but at the end they thought black and gold was the best scheme. Lmao so what do you want him to do? "Yeah i saw the new logo and colour scheme but i think its ugly". Obv he's going to hype it up. The dude fully said he had nothing to do with it but because you hate him so much you think he's lying lmao

The Raptors are marketing it as "ovo gold raptors alternative colors/logo" you have to pay him to do that...even the current gear with the gold Raptors logo with the ovo bird on the side he gets paid (gets paid to make the Raptors brand look "cool")...He owns the right to his brand and it associated colors remember it is being marketed as "ovo gold" they have to pay him or seek permission. I am not the only poster who said this. Also, just because you work for sid lee doesn't mean you have knowledge of copyright and trademarks. Its like saying I work at "said" hospital therefore I know how to perform heart surgery...
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#1748 » by JYD » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:14 pm

hsb wrote:

Nice, much better without the circle for some reason.

Agreed, there it looks really nice.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,756

Post#1749 » by Double Helix » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:15 pm

It does seem to look better with depth and stitching.

It makes the shred marks look more realistic.
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,939

Post#1750 » by Ado05 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:16 pm

I personally like a more plain logo, but I hate the fact that its similar to Brooklyns.

**** them.
ballercb4
Sixth Man

Post#1751 » by ballercb4 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:17 pm

GED Education wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:http://www.thepetitionsite.com/783/729/029/reject-drakes-toronto-raptor-logo/

Looks like they're up to 1,537 signatures in 4 days.

That's a tiny number.

add it to the hate on facebook, twitter, polls on the net it helps the case.
LeetGoose
Junior
And1: 414

Post#1752 » by LeetGoose » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:18 pm

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but someone over at Reddit made these I think. Looks much better in my opinion.

BlueJayReyes
Starter

Post#1753 » by BlueJayReyes » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:19 pm

ballercb4 wrote:
GED Education wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:http://www.thepetitionsite.com/783/729/029/reject-drakes-toronto-raptor-logo/

Looks like they're up to 1,537 signatures in 4 days.

That's a tiny number.

Toronto Star is up to 10k people just about who dislike it alone.
hell_razor
Banned User
And1: 4,567

Post#1754 » by hell_razor » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:23 pm

BlueJayReyes wrote:
ballercb4 wrote:
GED Education wrote:
That's a tiny number.

Millions of people also dislike lebron. His rings and MVP's speak for himself

Our marketing sales will speak for themselves.
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#1755 » by MixxSRC » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:26 pm

It's all about the sales. If people don't buy the merchandise they change it if not it's here to stay
ballercb4
Sixth Man

Post#1756 » by ballercb4 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:27 pm

BlueJayReyes wrote:
ballercb4 wrote:
GED Education wrote:
That's a tiny number.

'

that is a an insane amount...the issue with the petition is you have to sign up which will stop most people from signing it...the easier you make it for someone to vote the more likely they will do it...My feeling is the Raptors released the logo to gauge fans reaction. If no ones likes it they may say its a secondary logo or rework a new one or even keep the current and keep this as a alternative. When companies fail at something they just don't give up or say take or leave it they work at fixing the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptors leak the new jerserys early to see if it will calm down all the negative comments. If ts doesn't they have more then enough time to make a decision whether to make a new logo or keep the old one...Good companies know how to react to the market...
BlueJayReyes
Starter

Post#1757 » by BlueJayReyes » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:30 pm

hell_razor wrote:
BlueJayReyes wrote:
ballercb4 wrote:

Millions of people also dislike lebron. His rings and MVP's speak for himself

Our marketing sales will speak for themselves.

No one claimed a poll on a **** website was be all and end all. my god realgm :banghead:
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#1758 » by JYD » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:38 pm

Honestly when they showed the leaked first picture in black and white, I was not impressed. But without the circle, and having it a different color, I think it actually looks quite good. The promo here has it in black and white but it still looks good imo, it's the circle that makes it look ugly because it's redundant next to the lettering.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUQnl_nnOGs[/youtube]
GED Education
General Manager
And1: 9,872

Post#1759 » by GED Education » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:43 pm

I'm in the minority here and like the logo. But there seems to be a lot of hate.
Stupid Quote Hall of Fame:

Hue Durant wrote:demar has no use on this team

James has come back to toronto completely elite.
MkDon
Junior
And1: 1,413

Post#1760 » by MkDon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:44 pm

After all the criticism i can see them unveiling modernized Dino logo as some of our alternative logos.

Return to Toronto Raptors