Milwaukee Bucks rebrand

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Should the Bucks:

Redo their logo/colors to something more modern?
35%
Change to an updated version of "classic" Bucks logos and colors?
65%

Total votes: 109

DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Milwaukee Bucks rebrand 

Post#1 » by DavidDunn21 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:49 am

It would appear that new Milwaukee ownership is looking to put their own spin on the Bucks look. There are rumors of the red being jettisoned for blue.

At the same time, virtually every NBA team that had made recent changes has gone back to classic motifs and colors (Jazz, Pistons, Warriors, 76ers, Wizards, Hornets, etc...)

So the question is: Should the Bucks make the best of the green/white/red palette and perhaps update the Irish Rainbow look? Maybe bring back the spinning ball Buck logo?
Or should they simply go the Brooklyn route and start from scratch?
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Re: Milwaukee Bucks rebrand 

Post#2 » by Hawk Eye » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:58 am

I've got a thing for the classic logos so to me nothing will ever top this.

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,104

Post#3 » by Liver_Pooty » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:11 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:It would appear that new Milwaukee ownership is looking to put their own spin on the Bucks look. There are rumors of the red being jettisoned for blue.

At the same time, virtually every NBA team that had made recent changes has gone back to classic motifs and colors (Jazz, Pistons, Warriors, 76ers, Wizards, Hornets, etc...)

So the question is: Should the Bucks make the best of the green/white/red palette and perhaps update the Irish Rainbow look? Maybe bring back the spinning ball Buck logo?

I don't think the Hornets went far enough to be honest. Went with way, way too much purple and hardly any teal.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#4 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:13 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:It would appear that new Milwaukee ownership is looking to put their own spin on the Bucks look. There are rumors of the red being jettisoned for blue.

when did we ever leave the classic motifs. about the only thing Detroit ever rid ourselves of was that Teal sh*.............oh the memories still hurt
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by DavidDunn21 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:23 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:

I don't think the Hornets went far enough to be honest. Went with way, way too much purple and hardly any teal.

I liked the spirit of the Hornets rebrand more than the results. A couple of pinstripes might have made a big difference as well.

This is my point, though. At least you as a Hornets fan know that they got the colors right. Fan sentiment will no doubt move management to tweak those unis a few years from now to something better.

In my opinion, if the Bucks really OWN the Rainbow and Bango look, they can always tweak the uniforms throughout the years. If they go once again for a "new" look like this is the 90's....we'll be screwed.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by DavidDunn21 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:16 am

Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#7 » by Hawk Eye » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:19 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:Image

I actually dig this, wouldn't mind seeing these worn
Vargas
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#8 » by Vargas » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:40 am

^ Those are pretty nice.
pr0wler
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,273

Post#9 » by pr0wler » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:48 am

Love those too! Still keeps green as a feature colour, but gets rid of that awful green/red combo that reminds everyone of Christmas Eve.
Kawhi M8
Banned User
And1: 430

Post#10 » by Kawhi M8 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:59 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:

This is true, teal should have been the primary color and the road jersey, I thought it was a big let down.

First of all, purple is shared by Kings and Lakers, what made the Hornets colors so awesome and popular was the teal.
Secondly, purple **** sucks hahaha
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by DavidDunn21 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:42 am

Here's a possible road look:

Some love red and green, many hate red and green, but I like the idea of the traditional colors being maintained as an alternate:

teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#12 » by teerfour+40LG » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:44 am

Those are awful. These are sick.

kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,337

Post#13 » by kodo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:56 am

DavidDunn21 wrote: There are rumors of the red being jettisoned for blue.

That would look pretty sharp.

marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,152

Post#14 » by marcush » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:17 am

I think moving from red to simply white (as suggested previously) would be a positive move. Something similar to Michigan State. That dark green looks great, its the red that complicates it. Also need to look at simplifying that floor design, way too much happening there. I don't see a need to change the Bucks name or anything drastic like that.
Kawhi M8
Banned User
And1: 430

Post#15 » by Kawhi M8 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:31 am

Purple is really a horrible color on men
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by DavidDunn21 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:36 am

marcush wrote:I think moving from red to simply white (as suggested previously) would be a positive move. Something similar to Michigan State. That dark green looks great, its the red that complicates it.

The problem with that is Boston already has that corner. Plus, this isn't college where you still see teams with only two colors. Teams generally have three or more colors. So I'm fine with multiple shades of green being used like was done in the 80's, but I think that a marginalized use of red is quite spiffy and distinctive.

And you're preaching to the choir about the awesomeness of the unis with the Buck right on the front.
Xsy
Analyst
And1: 2,237

Post#17 » by Xsy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:36 am

Red and green is way too Christmassy for a team with a deer as their mascot. I would love for them to go back to purple.

Just green looks great too.
Jazz on your face.
Bolivar
Starter
And1: 4,354

Post#18 » by Bolivar » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:49 am

Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 31,027

Post#19 » by Sofia » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:54 am

Meh on considering a blue trim switch, there's already 18 other teams that incorporate a variety of blue in their uniform.

(14 red)
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
DoubleLintendre
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,621

Post#20 » by DoubleLintendre » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:15 am

teerfour+40LG wrote:Those are awful. These are sick.

Came here to post this. All the other ones are basic, this one I've considered distinctly unique among NBA jersey designs.

It says "our team is based on a woodland animal, hell yeah". The colors are great and it looks classic but fresh on both sides. Sometimes I select the Bucks as my team in 2k just to play in this jersey.

Return to The General Board