ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps announce D League team in Mississauga (Ticket prices, Pg. 14)

Moderators: Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, 7 Footer, Rhettmatic, niQ, Patman, pbj, Alfred

User avatar
Mack11
RealGM
Posts: 20,450
And1: 55,342
Joined: May 15, 2006

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#181 » by Mack11 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:44 pm

nahom1319 wrote:
AbC? wrote:Man this logo sucks, how can it compete with all these amazing D-league logos?!
Image

Does the logo matter in any way whatsoever? Are you going to buy a d-league jersey? How many d-league logos were you familiar before now? It doesn't matter. It if looks like it took 5 minutes to make, it actually might have. And that's about how much time it deserves.

You just proved that we have by far the worst logo in the history of the D-League.


Its like the Exec's sat at a table and said, "Look guys, were getting backlash over the last logo, we need to distract them from mess that is the new raptors logo. Make them think its not that bad.....Make the D-League logo even worse. I'm not talking just a bit worse, I mean make it look like something a 5 year old came up with during the commercial break of his/her favorite show. That'll teach them turds to mess with us."


at the end of the day tho, its just the dleague logo and no one cares really. You wont care in a few months guaranteed. If you look at all the logos carefully, you'll realize that they all look like **** except maybe the bayhawks one.
Raps Next GM
Senior
Posts: 602
And1: 698
Joined: Jun 05, 2013

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#182 » by Raps Next GM » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:57 pm

The name and logo look like grade 6 design contest submissions... no offense to grade 6 students.
:banghead:
User avatar
dsquared
Junior
Posts: 362
And1: 624
Joined: Nov 07, 2013

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#183 » by dsquared » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:09 pm

GED Education wrote:I often think this board comprises of people more concerned with fashion and colors then the team. Nothing gets more feedback then new logos, or a new scoreboard, or anything else that has no factor on what happens on the court.


That's funny cause I've noticed a trend where posters on here are actually more concerned with posting about how meta something is rather than actually contribute to the conversation.

And yes that logo is horrible, the lettering on the 905 looks like the font from a jail tattoo, disgusting.
Financials
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,727
And1: 1,859
Joined: Sep 04, 2014
       

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#184 » by Financials » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:30 pm

This is astounding...

Mississauga Raptors 905 ...

Mississauga Raptors 905 ...

Did nobody say it outloud before finalizing the decision?

Raptors 905 ... lolllllll

oh and the logo is absolute garbage. why did i quit being a graphic designer in my spare time cause the quality of **** these days used by professionals is worse than I was making at 13.
User avatar
MixxSRC
Head Coach
Posts: 6,990
And1: 12,229
Joined: Aug 01, 2013
 

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#185 » by MixxSRC » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:41 pm

Financials wrote:This is astounding...

Mississauga Raptors 905 ...

Mississauga Raptors 905 ...

Did nobody say it outloud before finalizing the decision?

Raptors 905 ... lolllllll

oh and the logo is absolute garbage. why did i quit being a graphic designer in my spare time cause the quality of **** these days used by professionals is worse than I was making at 13.


there's no Mississauga in the name. It's just Raptors 905.
User avatar
MixxSRC
Head Coach
Posts: 6,990
And1: 12,229
Joined: Aug 01, 2013
 

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#186 » by MixxSRC » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:41 pm

Design schools in Toronto are pretty weak though so it's no surprise.
User avatar
Pooh_Jeter
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,386
And1: 7,160
Joined: Apr 29, 2008

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#187 » by Pooh_Jeter » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:48 pm

This logo is 2 years away from being 2 years away.
User avatar
C Court
RealGM
Posts: 33,865
And1: 18,364
Joined: Nov 07, 2005
Location: Toronto
       

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#188 » by C Court » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:50 pm

DG88 wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
DG88 wrote:I could care less about the logo. All I care about is that we have a dleague team to develop our young players.

So you do care? Even just a little?

I really don't give a rats ass about the logo the point of the dleague team isn't to show how ****ing cool the logo is, it's for developing Bruno, Bebe, Daniels and whatever young players we bring in. This isn't a contest.


This.

I swear this board would rather have the Raps win an award for best D-League logo than actually have the team develop our young talent. Who gives a sh** what the logo looks like.
Toronto Raptors - Forever NBA Champions
User avatar
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
Posts: 7,775
And1: 4,988
Joined: Feb 02, 2013
Location: Toronto
     

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#189 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:54 pm

They should have called the team the 6ix, it would have played along with the Theme of this being Toronto's team.
Image
Credits to Jstock12
User avatar
hyper316
General Manager
Posts: 9,822
And1: 4,591
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
   

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#190 » by hyper316 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:58 pm

lets go 905 lets go (clap clap clap)
Danchan
Banned User
Posts: 7,535
And1: 3,250
Joined: Apr 27, 2007

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#191 » by Danchan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:10 pm

i always thought its' 416 and 905 was a north york thing
User avatar
Syd-TK3
RealGM
Posts: 10,583
And1: 10,716
Joined: Jun 07, 2015
 

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#192 » by Syd-TK3 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Who cares about the logo its the name that's really terrible
Image
wicked_crossova
General Manager
Posts: 9,713
And1: 3,442
Joined: Jun 22, 2006

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#193 » by wicked_crossova » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:33 pm

DG88 wrote:I could care less about the logo. All I care about is that we have a dleague team to develop our young players.


We already HAVE a d-league team. Now we just need an NBA one
User avatar
sule
RealGM
Posts: 14,236
And1: 33,948
Joined: Nov 11, 2006
     

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#194 » by sule » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:39 pm

stro wrote:So, the team is called Mississauga Raptors 905?

That's gotta be one of the worst sports names I've ever heard.


We could always do what the Angels in baseball did and call them "The Toronto Raptors 905 of Mississauga". :lol:
Image
User avatar
JSW
Senior
Posts: 554
And1: 553
Joined: Nov 12, 2013
Location: Vaughan,Ontario

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#195 » by JSW » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:53 pm

Mississauga 905ers lmao
Image
Moxie
Junior
Posts: 268
And1: 23
Joined: Mar 28, 2011

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#196 » by Moxie » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:08 pm

What's with people complaining over the logo?! WE HAVE OUR OWN D LEAGUE TEAM FOR NEXT SEASON. It's really good news. Also, the name is just Raptors 905. No mention of Mississauga specifically.
User avatar
bozothepope
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,453
And1: 3,957
Joined: Jun 09, 2013
     

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#197 » by bozothepope » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:08 pm

Danchan wrote:i always thought its' 416 and 905 was a north york thing


The 905 stretches from Niagara Falls in the west to Northumberland County (Port Hope, Cobourg, Colborne) in the east, excluding Toronto (416/647) of course.
Pet Poeltl
Pro Prospect
Posts: 777
And1: 2,135
Joined: Jun 28, 2015
   

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#198 » by Pet Poeltl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:12 pm

Why is it that this logo looks like it was made in Paint in 5-10 minutes. That being said, who really cares about this logo
User avatar
sule
RealGM
Posts: 14,236
And1: 33,948
Joined: Nov 11, 2006
     

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#199 » by sule » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Moxie wrote:What's with people complaining over the logo?! WE HAVE OUR OWN D LEAGUE TEAM FOR NEXT SEASON. It's really good news. Also, the name is just Raptors 905. No mention of Mississauga specifically.


B/c this follows in the pattern of this team. Everything has to be from out of left field. Everything they do, they try to be overly creative and different, and just end up looking like amateurs compared to their peers. It ends up reflecting poorly on the franchise and the city.

Drafting out of left field with Bargnani, Bruno, Ross, Villanueva, Graham, etc.

Deciding our end-court font was going to be skewed lettering b/c they want it to look like it's 3D on tv, making it weird to watch inbounds.

The watermelon logo and switching so far away from the colour choices fans have been clamouring for, it's downright ridiculous. Not to mention essentially copying Brooklyn, and waiting longer than any other team between leaked logos and jersey leaks (seriously...every other team with leaked new logos leaked them after the Raps and have already revealed their jerseys).


Now we have the horrible name for the D-League team followed by an even more horrible logo.


It's like amateur hour 24/7 with this franchise.
Image
Moxie
Junior
Posts: 268
And1: 23
Joined: Mar 28, 2011

Re: Raptors 905 logo leaked 

Post#200 » by Moxie » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:37 pm

sule wrote:
Moxie wrote:What's with people complaining over the logo?! WE HAVE OUR OWN D LEAGUE TEAM FOR NEXT SEASON. It's really good news. Also, the name is just Raptors 905. No mention of Mississauga specifically.


B/c this follows in the pattern of this team. Everything has to be from out of left field. Everything they do, they try to be overly creative and different, and just end up looking like amateurs compared to their peers. It ends up reflecting poorly on the franchise and the city.

Drafting out of left field with Bargnani, Bruno, Ross, Villanueva, Graham, etc.

Deciding our end-court font was going to be skewed lettering b/c they want it to look like it's 3D on tv, making it weird to watch inbounds.

The watermelon logo and switching so far away from the colour choices fans have been clamouring for, it's downright ridiculous. Not to mention essentially copying Brooklyn, and waiting longer than any other team between leaked logos and jersey leaks (seriously...every other team with leaked new logos leaked them after the Raps and have already revealed their jerseys).


Now we have the horrible name for the D-League team followed by an even more horrible logo.


It's like amateur hour 24/7 with this franchise.


Every team has ****-ups, whether it's to do with roster moves, the draft, aesthetics, whatever. It's not evidence of some overall philosophy of being out left field.

People are being whiny about everything right now. I'm pretty much a member of the tank brigade, but there's still lot of reasons for not being a suckhole about it. Our situation isn't perfect by any means, and the playoffs sucked, but we have lots of cap room and assets, a good GM, and solid investment from ownership in the infrastructure of organizational success ( training facility, d-league team as examples). We're doing pretty good. You want amateur hour, go look at the Kings/Knicks/Nets/Hornets.

Return to Toronto Raptors