Clippers Twitter claims moral victory for last night -ticks off Grizz doing it

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, Domejandro, zimpy27, Yuri Vaultin, BombsquadSammy, bwgood77, PockyCandy, Prez

Bayside
Senior
And1: 377

Re: Clippers Twitter claims moral victory for last night -ticks off Grizz doing it 

Post#41 » by Bayside » Fri Nov 6, 2015 1:42 am

og15 wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:
og15 wrote:The actual funny part is that some of the Memphis players are acting like the Clippers players said this.

"Prove it on the court"? Okay, so you want the person in control of the twitter account to come and play against you? It's not like it was Chris Paul or Blake Griffin tweeting, so they are aware that they are responding to some random guy or girl posting on twitter essentially. Then Courtney Lee "that's what they do over there", he isn't even part of the rivalry, he wasn't in any of those playoff series', and again, he's aware that he's talking about the twitter guy or girl.

You are aware the Doc doesn't post for the Clippers on twitter, right?

Lol, you guys are really funny if you don't grasp that you keep saying "they" as if the team got together and said "hey, let's have the twitter person post this".

Just like the Doc thing, which I did get tricked by too:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2015/11/04/stephen-curry-chris-paul-blake-griffin-draymond-green-klay-thompson-deandre-jordan-doc-rivers-steve-kerr-warriors-clippers-donald-sterling-steve-ballmer/75142432/

Doc said warriors were lucky to not face the clippers

I'm sorry but he wasn't misquoted at all

By the word "they" is the whole franchise not just the players

Context my friend. Don't get me wrong, Doc is no saint, but the context of his comments vs how they were presented were quite different.

No the funny part is Clipper Franchise culture top to bottom. And that you would then go and try to divert it to players of another team? Clipper Marketing department most likely has accounts with every social media as most companies do. This is a professional business. Unfortunately, clipper culture is a shared personality disorder that everyone on the outside has to tolerate. Listening to all the excuses, diverting, and insults got old fast.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,284

Re: Clippers Twitter claims moral victory for last night -ticks off Grizz doing it 

Post#42 » by kingofthecourt67 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 1:49 am

Most competitors: 2nd place is the 1st loser

Clippers: 2nd to last is better than last
GuyverX
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,255

Post#43 » by GuyverX » Fri Nov 6, 2015 3:01 am

I love how every single little thing manages to stoke the fire that makes people hate the Clippers. You would think Blake Griffin wrote this tweet himself 30 seconds after heading to the locker room when the game was over. We get it. Everyone hates the Clippers. Clippers fans don't give a crap.

AmusingFiddle wrote:This was not just on their twitter feed...the Clippers play-by-play announcer (who I might add is HORRIBLE) was repeating the same rhetoric this AM on the radio. So no it was not some intern's POV. This level of stupidity (not cockiness) is ingrained in the Clipper organization from top to bottom.

First of all, Ralph Lawler is a broadcasting legend but he is the biggest Clippers homer there is. The fact that he himself felt like the team played well in a loss is not indicative of anything about the organization, its staff or its players. He always sees the positive with anything about the team. He had to in order to be the voice of a losing franchise for almost 40 years. Trust me, Chris Paul is not out there laughing and high-fiving players because they only lost by single digits, on the road against the defending champs. It's not in his DNA.
Cavs0623
Pro Prospect
And1: 519

Post#44 » by Cavs0623 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 3:09 am

People are really upset over a tweet about nothing :lol: :lol:
MartinToVaught
General Manager
And1: 13,417

Post#45 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Nov 6, 2015 3:20 am

crazytown wrote:You guys realize it was most likely an intern that tweeted this, right?

You guys acting like CP3 or Blake Griffin tweeted this :lol:

People just see the word "Clippers" and start seething with impotent rage. At this point, it is what it is.
The High Cyde
Starter
And1: 4,393

Post#46 » by The High Cyde » Fri Nov 6, 2015 3:22 am

Ahhh all these bitter haters give me life.
We don't care. If you do, then you got issues.
Suppe
Junior
And1: 602

Post#47 » by Suppe » Fri Nov 6, 2015 3:35 am

TKainZero wrote:When you are a world class loser organization...

It's not like the clippers have ever won anything... So, for them, losing close to a good team, is about the same as a team, like the lakers, winning a championship

LouisLitt
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,441

Post#48 » by LouisLitt » Fri Nov 6, 2015 3:41 am

Never really viewed the Clippers organization as a classy one. Always liked CP3 though.
Clemenza
Sixth Man
And1: 1,273

Post#49 » by Clemenza » Fri Nov 6, 2015 3:51 am

Whoever runs that Twitter account doesn't speak for all of us so chill the f*ck out! To hell with a moral victory. We want wins
cWo
Clemenza
Sixth Man
And1: 1,273

Post#50 » by Clemenza » Fri Nov 6, 2015 3:56 am

GuyverX wrote:I love how every single little thing manages to stoke the fire that makes people hate the Clippers. You would think Blake Griffin wrote this tweet himself 30 seconds after heading to the locker room when the game was over. We get it. Everyone hates the Clippers. Clippers fans don't give a crap.

AmusingFiddle wrote:This was not just on their twitter feed...the Clippers play-by-play announcer (who I might add is HORRIBLE) was repeating the same rhetoric this AM on the radio. So no it was not some intern's POV. This level of stupidity (not cockiness) is ingrained in the Clipper organization from top to bottom.

First of all, Ralph Lawler is a broadcasting legend but he is the biggest Clippers homer there is. The fact that he himself felt like the team played well in a loss is not indicative of anything about the organization, its staff or its players. He always sees the positive with anything about the team. He had to in order to be the voice of a losing franchise for almost 40 years. Trust me, Chris Paul is not out there laughing and high-fiving players because they only lost by single digits, on the road against the defending champs. It's not in his DNA.

I heard the broadcast on 980 The Beast as well. Ralph Lawler didn't say anything disparaging about Memphis or GS
cWo
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#51 » by old rem » Fri Nov 6, 2015 4:25 am

XtremeNite wrote:This is why nobody likes the Clippers...
PaperClips never were on top, may NEVER be on top. They NOW are as close as they ever got. :lol:
CENSORED... No comment.
nickhx2
Head Coach
And1: 2,672

Post#52 » by nickhx2 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 4:28 am

the amount of irrational hate that this team brings out in people is amazing

#villainz
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 8,058

Post#53 » by Mylie10 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 7:24 am

JR SMITH_5 wrote:

It's funny how people just seem to hate LA pro bball teams. It USED to be LAL.. now they're irrelevant. But before the Clipps, I could've sworn there was another team everyone loved to hate...

The Clippers have earned every bit of the treatment they get. Mounds of evidence.
MartinToVaught
General Manager
And1: 13,417

Post#54 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Nov 6, 2015 7:42 am

Mylie10 wrote:
JR SMITH_5 wrote:

It's funny how people just seem to hate LA pro bball teams. It USED to be LAL.. now they're irrelevant. But before the Clipps, I could've sworn there was another team everyone loved to hate...

The Clippers have earned every bit of the treatment they get. Mounds of evidence.

Not really. A lot of the criticism has been earned: inability to get it done in the playoffs, CP3's flopping, Doc's arrogance and constant whining to refs - and I'd say all but the biggest Clipper homers would say that criticism is reasonable.

Threads like this, though? They're just toxic circlejerks with people racing to see who can dump on the Clippers the hardest. There's no basketball discussion to be had here, just pointless signaling and everyone beating up on their favorite punching bag. If this was any other team in the league, nobody would care. Other teams have posted far worse tweets in the past - the time the Lakers tweeted out a picture of Kobe with a "#NeverForget" hashtag on 9/11 comes to mind - with less criticism. Some intern tweeting something dumb and getting fired doesn't reflect the entire organization and its fans.
Gil
Starter
And1: 1,281

Post#55 » by Gil » Fri Nov 6, 2015 7:58 am

Rockets and the Clippers seems to taken over the mantle of most hated from Miami and the Knicks.
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,209

Post#56 » by DreDay » Fri Nov 6, 2015 8:12 am

Nothing to get mad over. It's a **** stupid thing to say, reminds me of Doc Rivers the fraud, but this is really nothing.
Goner
Senior
And1: 376

Post#57 » by Goner » Fri Nov 6, 2015 8:16 am

Mylie10 wrote:
JR SMITH_5 wrote:

You're really doing the Lord's work here, guy! Make sure everyone knows that they are supposed to hate this organization and the individuals contained therein, as they so deservingly deserve it! Conclusive evidence contained within attached pamphlet.
The Realist
Starter
And1: 1,485

Post#58 » by The Realist » Fri Nov 6, 2015 8:23 am

Damn, Spurs & Warriors bandwagoners are going strong nowadays.
LeBron: If you're not from Cleveland, kill yourself.
Webber: LOUD NOISES!
Miller: Warriors aren't this bad, Spurs aren't this good.
The Realist
Starter

Post#59 » by The Realist » Fri Nov 6, 2015 8:30 am

Mylie10 wrote:
JR SMITH_5 wrote:

By that "evidence" almost every team deserves to get hated on, with your Warriors in the top 5, if we're talking about flopping, whining to the refs and arrogance.
The Realist
Starter

Post#60 » by The Realist » Fri Nov 6, 2015 8:33 am

I personally see this as less about Clippers being proud at almost beating the Warriors and more about rubbing salt on the constantly overrated (West multiplier/grind it out (allow me to laugh)) Grizzlies who they hate.

Return to The General Board