D Wade on a private jet with Lebron and Dan Gilbert?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Tigersrule
RealGM
And1: 7,543

D Wade on a private jet with Lebron and Dan Gilbert? 

Post#1 » by Tigersrule » Tue Jul 5, 2016 4:42 am

DWade was reportedly on a private jet today with LeBron and Cavs owner Dan Gilbert. (@ComplexMag)....
Also this was tweeted earlier:
Luxury Jets Group ‏@LuxJetGroup 2h2 hours ago Happy 4th! @cavsdan @KingJames @DwyaneWade. Enjoy!

For me, I just cant see Wade moving to Cleveland, especially since his wife I believe already stated she does not want to live in Cleveland? Not sure if thats true or not, but I as well would not want to move from Miami to Cleveland, especially if your as busy as her. But seriously, NOT SURE IF THIS THREAD HAS BEEN POSTED, I did not see it, but no playing around, do you see D Wade joining the Cavs? And do you think that would give them a better chance at beating the Warriors? He was still Elite last year, and showed that he can still carry a team in the playoffs last year.
Thoughts?
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,468

Re: D Wade on a private jet with Lebron and Dan Gilbert? 

Post#2 » by nbafan38 » Tue Jul 5, 2016 4:44 am

Tigersrule wrote:DWade was reportedly on a private jet today with LeBron and Cavs owner Dan Gilbert. (@ComplexMag)....
Also this was tweeted earlier:
Luxury Jets Group ‏@LuxJetGroup 2h2 hours ago Happy 4th! @cavsdan @KingJames @DwyaneWade. Enjoy!

For me, I just cant see Wade moving to Cleveland, especially since his wife I believe already stated she does not want to live in Cleveland? Not sure if thats true or not, but I as well would not want to move from Miami to Cleveland, especially if your as busy as her. But seriously, NOT SURE IF THIS THREAD HAS BEEN POSTED, I did not see it, but no playing around, do you see D Wade joining the Cavs? And do you think that would give them a better chance at beating the Warriors? He was still Elite last year, and showed that he can still carry a team in the playoffs last year.
Thoughts?

I am not sure it s a good move long term but yes it absolutely would make Cleveland more of a threat to the warriors next year. Wade, Lebron, and Irving vs Durant, Curry, Thompson, and Green. Man that's just crazy
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,619

Post#3 » by infinite11285 » Tue Jul 5, 2016 4:45 am

Let me help you out...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LuxJetGroup/status/750152536842129409[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ComplexMag/status/750170667341996032[/tweet]

Now to answer your question, no, I don't see it happening. Gabby has nothing to do with it -- these guys are multimillionaires. She can still live in Miami or in LA (or wherever) while Wade played ball during the year. I don't think her preference on a particular city, given she wouldn't be living there regardless, has anything to do with it. It's going to come down to money and Wade wants to get paid.
G I N T
Bench Warmer
And1: 202

Post#4 » by G I N T » Tue Jul 5, 2016 4:46 am

The financial hit would be huge.
Dajadeed
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,643

Post#5 » by Dajadeed » Tue Jul 5, 2016 4:48 am

So next year is like La Liga basically?
jwood255
Bench Warmer
And1: 267

Post#6 » by jwood255 » Tue Jul 5, 2016 4:49 am

nbafan38 wrote:
Tigersrule wrote:OP

I am not sure it s a good move long term but yes it absolutely would make Cleveland more of a threat to the warriors next year. Wade, Lebron, and Irving vs Durant, Curry, Thompson, and Green. Man that's just crazy

LMAO @ the first reply quoting the OP

Anyway...I don't see it actually happening, but it would be pretty entertaining since Cleveland is the overwhelming fav to come out of the East and GSW in the West. Would be one hell of a "best of 3" in June 2017. I would be michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif-fing the whole time.
Tigersrule
RealGM

Post#7 » by Tigersrule » Tue Jul 5, 2016 4:51 am

infinite11285 wrote:Let me help you out...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LuxJetGroup/status/750152536842129409[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ComplexMag/status/750170667341996032[/tweet]

Now to answer your question, no, I don't see it happening. Gabby has nothing to do with it -- these guys are multimillionaires. She can still live in Miami or in LA (or wherever) while Wade played ball during the year. I don't think her preference on a particular city, given she wouldn't be living there regardless, has anything to do with it. It's going to come down to money and Wade wants to get paid.

haha my bad i didnt know how to link them, whoops. But, I dont think the money would be an issue. I feel like Lebron would not be taking this long to resign with the Cavs if he didnt know something was up...He is probably willing to take a paycut to allow wade and smith to sign with the cavs? Idk, curious to see how this all plays out.
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#8 » by Matty » Tue Jul 5, 2016 4:51 am

Dajadeed wrote:So next year is like La Liga basically?

Real Madrid/Cleveland - LeBron/Ronaldo - Kryie/Bale - Benzema/Love (footy fans will get the reference)
Barcelona/Golden State - Curry/Messi - Neymar/Thompson - Durant/Suarez
Atletico Madrid/San Antonio - Pop/Simeone
Rest of La Liga - Rest of NBA

Sounds about right.
Tigersrule
RealGM

Post#9 » by Tigersrule » Tue Jul 5, 2016 4:52 am

haha yeah. GSW being Barca right?? and Cavs Real, although Athletico was right up there with them
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#10 » by Darren » Tue Jul 5, 2016 4:53 am

I can see D Wade join them via sign-n-trade. They part with unwanted contract such as Kevin Love. Miami has no choice, they can either take in or leave in. If Miami refuses, he's to wait the Cavs unloading the scrub. And Lebron has to sacrifice his contract to get him. And D Wade knows Miami has no future. He should bite on it and wait.
The Realist
Starter
And1: 1,496

Post#11 » by The Realist » Tue Jul 5, 2016 4:54 am

Spurs = Atletico?
meh
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,937

Post#12 » by tundraknight » Tue Jul 5, 2016 4:59 am

Just imagine how terrible Durant would feel thinking he made an easy ring chasing decision, only to be defeated by Wade and the Cavs in the Finals.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,396

Post#13 » by baldur » Tue Jul 5, 2016 5:00 am

no. la liga has 3 contenders. nba will have 2 real contenders. in other words, worse than la liga.
Tigersrule
RealGM

Post#14 » by Tigersrule » Tue Jul 5, 2016 5:01 am

tundraknight wrote:Just imagine how terrible Durant would feel thinking he made an easy ring chasing decision, only to be defeated by Wade and the Cavs in the Finals.

I would absolutely love to see that happen. Only to see him leave them in the off season. Lmao.
Wigginstime
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Post#15 » by Wigginstime » Tue Jul 5, 2016 5:03 am

If signing wade means they can't sign JR Smith I would think twice.

JR had a playoff TS% of 0.613 which was higher than LeBron or Irving. He effective became the ideal 3&D player to open the lane for LeBron and Irving.

I really think replacing JR with Wade is a mistake. Cavs need post players and 3&D players. Not another slasher.
PrinceV
Rookie
And1: 697

Post#16 » by PrinceV » Tue Jul 5, 2016 5:03 am

LOL to the other teams that spent tons of money in the past few days only to go nowhere.

No matter how bad GSW plays next year, the NBA will find a way to help them make it to the finals.

The joke is on the fans right now including me. We are watching WWE at its finest. Only time will tell on how far fans are willing to take this **** any longer.

When owners see the income not coming in fast enough to pay the money going out. All hell will break loose.

Say "hello" to lockout.
Ito
General Manager
And1: 790

Post#17 » by Ito » Tue Jul 5, 2016 5:04 am

I thought he wanted to get paid this could just be to put preassure on miami
nbafan341
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,148

Post#18 » by nbafan341 » Tue Jul 5, 2016 5:07 am

is there some way gilbert could pay lebron and wade under tha table and have em both sign?
uber_snotling
Junior
And1: 188

Post#19 » by uber_snotling » Tue Jul 5, 2016 5:07 am

Matty wrote:

Real Madrid/Cleveland - LeBron/Ronaldo - Kryie/Bale - Benzema/Love (footy fans will get the reference)
Barcelona/Golden State - Curry/Messi - Neymar/Thompson - Durant/Suarez
Atletico Madrid/San Antonio - Pop/Simeone
Rest of La Liga - Rest of NBA

Sounds about right.

Sorry, but Suarez = Green. History of bad behavior with teeth/groins.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,619

Post#20 » by infinite11285 » Tue Jul 5, 2016 5:08 am

Ito wrote:I thought he wanted to get paid this could just be to put preassure on miami

Yeah, I think Wade is just posturing as well. LeBron's probably doing Wade a solid in assisting him in the matter as any good friend would.

Return to The General Board