ImageImageImage

Ricky Rubio #9

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

User avatar
urinesane
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,492
And1: 2,401
Joined: May 10, 2010
 

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#581 » by urinesane » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:46 am

If you have a really good PG on a great contract, why would you trade him?
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
Posts: 6,943
And1: 1,262
Joined: Dec 20, 2008

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#582 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:12 am

trevor0333 wrote:If the Wolves luck out with a top 2 pick a Rubio/Aldrich trade for Lamarcus Aldridge could make sense for both teams.


Image

Spoiler:
dumbest **** I've read here in a while
User avatar
breatnach
Starter
Posts: 2,203
And1: 823
Joined: Apr 17, 2010
Location: Munich

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#583 » by breatnach » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:06 am

theGreatRC wrote:I never knew that Rubio had contract kickers if he shot above 40% from the field until one of you guys mentioned it, so I looked it up:


I don't understand why they would bother with such small bonuses. I also have incentive based bonuses in my contract, but they can make up to 25% of my total annual income. That's a huge incentive to perform well! (I only plan with the 75% I am guaranteed and treat the rest as a bonus).

But for Ricky, who makes nearly $14m his maximum bonus ($250k) is less than 2% of his salary. It's nice to see him improving and all, but whoever thinks that any normal human would put in extra hours for less than 2% is dillusional. If you're making $10 an hour doing whatever, would you work overtime in order to maybe make $10,20 an hour?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 59,487
And1: 14,441
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#584 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:20 pm

breatnach wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:I never knew that Rubio had contract kickers if he shot above 40% from the field until one of you guys mentioned it, so I looked it up:


I don't understand why they would bother with such small bonuses. I also have incentive based bonuses in my contract, but they can make up to 25% of my total annual income. That's a huge incentive to perform well! (I only plan with the 75% I am guaranteed and treat the rest as a bonus).

But for Ricky, who makes nearly $14m his maximum bonus ($250k) is less than 2% of his salary. It's nice to see him improving and all, but whoever thinks that any normal human would put in extra hours for less than 2% is dillusional. If you're making $10 an hour doing whatever, would you work overtime in order to maybe make $10,20 an hour?

Performance incentives are classified as either "likely to be achieved" or "not likely to be achieved," with only the likely incentives included in the player's salary and team salary amounts. The determination of whether an incentive is likely or unlikely is based on whether the criterion was achieved in the previous season. For example, if a player had seven assists per game the previous season, then an incentive based on seven assists per game would be classified as likely to be achieved, but one based on eight assists per game would be classified as not likely

Unlikely bonuses in any season are limited to 15% of the player's regular salary in that season.


http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q74
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 30,811
And1: 8,827
Joined: Nov 02, 2007

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#585 » by C.lupus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:55 pm

breatnach wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:I never knew that Rubio had contract kickers if he shot above 40% from the field until one of you guys mentioned it, so I looked it up:


I don't understand why they would bother with such small bonuses. I also have incentive based bonuses in my contract, but they can make up to 25% of my total annual income. That's a huge incentive to perform well! (I only plan with the 75% I am guaranteed and treat the rest as a bonus).

But for Ricky, who makes nearly $14m his maximum bonus ($250k) is less than 2% of his salary. It's nice to see him improving and all, but whoever thinks that any normal human would put in extra hours for less than 2% is dillusional. If you're making $10 an hour doing whatever, would you work overtime in order to maybe make $10,20 an hour?

It obviously is't that important to him. He and his agent agreed to that contract.
User avatar
breatnach
Starter
Posts: 2,203
And1: 823
Joined: Apr 17, 2010
Location: Munich

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#586 » by breatnach » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:25 pm

Klomp wrote:
Unlikely bonuses in any season are limited to 15% of the player's regular salary in that season.[/i]

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q74


In which case, I'd offer him 15% bonus (almost $2m) for him to shoot 40% from 3. The GM knows it's unlikely (low financial risk), in fact we all know it's unlikely, but if $2m isn't an worthwhile reason for him to spend the summer in the gym, I don't know what is.
User avatar
andyhop
Analyst
Posts: 3,363
And1: 1,080
Joined: May 08, 2007
   

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#587 » by andyhop » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:14 am

breatnach wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:I never knew that Rubio had contract kickers if he shot above 40% from the field until one of you guys mentioned it, so I looked it up:


I don't understand why they would bother with such small bonuses. I also have incentive based bonuses in my contract, but they can make up to 25% of my total annual income. That's a huge incentive to perform well! (I only plan with the 75% I am guaranteed and treat the rest as a bonus).

But for Ricky, who makes nearly $14m his maximum bonus ($250k) is less than 2% of his salary. It's nice to see him improving and all, but whoever thinks that any normal human would put in extra hours for less than 2% is dillusional. If you're making $10 an hour doing whatever, would you work overtime in order to maybe make $10,20 an hour?


People always massively underestimate just how much people who make lots of money care about making a bit more.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 18,282
And1: 4,587
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#588 » by theGreatRC » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Thibs on Ricky:

Read on Twitter
2022-2023 Wolves will be the #1 team in the NBA
Note30
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,518
And1: 1,181
Joined: Feb 25, 2014
 

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#589 » by Note30 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:11 pm

So he's not going to be traded this offseason?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 59,487
And1: 14,441
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#590 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:15 pm

Note30 wrote:So he's not going to be traded this offseason?

I'd be surprised. I think he'd have to be blown away by an offer, which I can't see happening.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
Krapinsky
RealGM
Posts: 20,582
And1: 1,850
Joined: May 13, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#591 » by Krapinsky » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:20 pm

Klomp wrote:
Note30 wrote:So he's not going to be traded this offseason?

I'd be surprised. I think he'd have to be blown away by an offer, which I can't see happening.


I for one think he'll be traded.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Note30
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,518
And1: 1,181
Joined: Feb 25, 2014
 

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#592 » by Note30 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:22 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Note30 wrote:So he's not going to be traded this offseason?

I'd be surprised. I think he'd have to be blown away by an offer, which I can't see happening.


I for one think he'll be traded.


Yeah me too tbh. I kinda wonder what this board will be like without all the Ricky Euro supporters. I love the guy but not enough to watch another team.
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 18,282
And1: 4,587
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#593 » by theGreatRC » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:25 pm

Note30 wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:
Klomp wrote:I'd be surprised. I think he'd have to be blown away by an offer, which I can't see happening.


I for one think he'll be traded.


Yeah me too tbh. I kinda wonder what this board will be like without all the Ricky Euro supporters. I love the guy but not enough to watch another team.


I love Ricky too, but I have no Spanish ties to him or anything..it would be weird watching a different PG, but I just want to see the Wolves in the playoffs more than anything...with or without Ricky :cry:
2022-2023 Wolves will be the #1 team in the NBA
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 16,169
And1: 5,624
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#594 » by Mattya » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:04 pm

I would be very surprised if he was traded. I think it is pretty clear Thibs values him more than the boards or media likes to believe. I don't think any teams are going to give him what he would need to trade Ricky and he has no motivation to trade him for a low ball offer either.
User avatar
Krapinsky
RealGM
Posts: 20,582
And1: 1,850
Joined: May 13, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#595 » by Krapinsky » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Read on Twitter


Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Sugarless
Starter
Posts: 2,428
And1: 1,913
Joined: Aug 12, 2004

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#596 » by Sugarless » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Read on Twitter


Not exactly a ringing endorsement.


He's not endorsed Ricky since he got here, and he's never talked about him as part of the core, which has been reduced to Wiggins, KAT and Zach from day 1. It's a shame that a full season with Ricky and the rest of the team hasn't changed that, but then again it's Tom Thibodeau we're talking about, not a guy you really expect to change his mind about anything, ever.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 25,101
And1: 9,550
Joined: Dec 27, 2003
     

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#597 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:01 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Read on Twitter


Not exactly a ringing endorsement.


The showering praise part does sound like an endorsement, so I don't know.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
Posts: 9,934
And1: 3,519
Joined: Nov 21, 2013
   

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#598 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:10 pm

I can see Dallas making a move for Ricky if is true they want a pass first PG. With the #9 pick ? Probably not.

But i can see with Wesley Matthews. Is that enough ?

Only Thibs knows.
I still see Thibs not valuing Ricky very much. Why ?
After one season he still doesn't see Rubio being part of the "core" moving forward.
User avatar
Krapinsky
RealGM
Posts: 20,582
And1: 1,850
Joined: May 13, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#599 » by Krapinsky » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:17 pm

mercgold3 wrote:I can see Dallas making a move for Ricky if is true they want a pass first PG. With the #9 pick ? Probably not.

But i can see with Wesley Matthews. Is that enough ?

Only Thibs knows.
I still see Thibs not valuing Ricky very much. Why ?
After one season he still doesn't see Rubio being part of the "core" moving forward.


That's right. He has had every opportunity to say something committal about Rubio being apart of his plan or a part of the core, being a part of what we're building, etc., and he has declined to do so.

Yet, I think it's also notable that he does not include Dunn in any core talk.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 16,169
And1: 5,624
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#600 » by Mattya » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:21 pm

Yet, I think it's also notable that he does not include Dunn in any core talk.


maybe you are just reading way too much into this then?

People are still complaining about Thibs "not endorsing" Rubio? Did any of you actually listen to the interview? :lol:

To me he looked about as happy as he has ever been when he was talking about Rubio.

In this interview alone

-he says he appreciates his game even more now that he has actually coached him.

-complimented Rubio's shooting

-complimented his impact on the offensive efficiency of the team.

-believes his outside shot is going to come.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves