Image Image Image Image

Free Agency

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: Free Agency 

Post#121 » by Axxo » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:23 pm

patryk7754 wrote:Even though a lot of the big name guys we wanted are rumored to go elsewhere, there are still a lot of great options. Here's a list

Wide Reciever
Alshon Jeffery-preferred
Justin Hunter
DeSean Jackson
Kendall Wright
Terrelle Pryor
Pierre Garcon-rumored to be signed (16mil in first year)
Markus Wheaton-preferred

O-Tackle
Russell Okung
Sebastian Vollmer
Andre Smith
Byron Bell, RT: preferred
Riley Rieff, LT: preferred
Don Barclay, RT: Preferred

D-Line
Calais Campbell, DE: preferred
Chris Baker, DT
Dontari Poe, DT- unlikely, a bunch of team rumored to be interested not including bears
Johnathan Hankins, DT: preferred
Brandon Williams, DT

Corner
Sam Shields
Brandon Flowers
Prince Amukamara
Captain Munnerlyn-preferred
Logan Ryan-preferred

Dre Kirkpatrick
A.J. Bouye: preferred

Can we update this list?
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,622

Post#122 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:24 pm

Axxo wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
Axxo wrote:Alshons gone to Eagles...1 year 14 M

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

They didn't see him as a true number 1 receiver I suppose. Can't be mad at that.

Well he was one of the top WRs available so I hope they have a plan to replace him.

They could go after Pryor now. In addition to that, I believe that they really like Cam Merideth and Kevin White as well.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#123 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:25 pm

This off season has quickly turned into a disaster
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Axxo
Analyst

Re: RE: Re: Free Agency 

Post#124 » by Axxo » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:28 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
Axxo wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:They didn't see him as a true number 1 receiver I suppose. Can't be mad at that.

Well he was one of the top WRs available so I hope they have a plan to replace him.

They could go after Pryor now. In addition to that, I believe that they really like Cam Merideth and Kevin White as well.

Our own Kevin White?

Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#125 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:30 pm

Axxo wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
Axxo wrote:

Our own Kevin White?

He hasn't been very good so far. Mainly due to injuries. But I'd like to see how he does with a new (capable) QB.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#126 » by Axxo » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:31 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
Axxo wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:They could go after Pryor now. In addition to that, I believe that they really like Cam Merideth and Kevin White as well.

Our own Kevin White?

He hasn't been very good so far. Mainly due to injuries. But I'd like to see how he does with a new (capable) QB.

Oh that comment just messed everything up for me...Pace sucs, fail, fail and fail.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,908

Post#127 » by biggestbullsfan » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:32 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:This off season has quickly turned into a disaster

You mean signing Glennon or losing Alshon or both?
biggestbullsfan
RealGM

Post#128 » by biggestbullsfan » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:34 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:

They didn't see him as a true number 1 receiver I suppose. Can't be mad at that.

Talent wise he was. Injury and Leadership wise he wasn't.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#129 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:35 pm

Axxo wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
Axxo wrote:Our own Kevin White?

Oh that comment just messed everything up for me...Pace sucs, fail, fail and fail.

Step away from the ledge man. LOL. It's going to be fine. We are losing players that helped compile a 3 win team last year. Not a 13 win team. I think you'd be surprised at how much a new atmosphere can change how guys think, practice and play. I didn't hate Cutler as much as most and I certainly liked Alshon. But neither of them were moving the needle any for this team for one reason or another.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#130 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:36 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:

Talent wise he was. Injury and Leadership wise he wasn't.

Agreed. I liked Alshon from the day we drafted him. But as talented as he was, he just never seemed to be able to ascend to that next level.
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 905

Post#131 » by HearshotKDS » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:37 pm

Pace whiffed hard on FA, he's going to need a stellar draft to avoid the hot seat after next season.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#132 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:38 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:

it all is disastrous you know how you make the Glennon signing palatable by locking down the secondary instead we are back to the tightwad Bears and we let another one of our own draft picks walk . I think we have only extended 2 maybe 3 in the last 10 years .
Axxo
Analyst

Post#133 » by Axxo » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:42 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
Axxo wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:He hasn't been very good so far. Mainly due to injuries. But I'd like to see how he does with a new (capable) QB.

Step away from the ledge man. LOL. It's going to be fine. We are losing players that helped compile a 3 win team last year. Not a 13 win team. I think you'd be surprised at how much a new atmosphere can change how guys think, practice and play. I didn't hate Cutler as much as most and I certainly liked Alshon. But neither of them were moving the needle any for this team for one reason or another.

Kevin White is not a suitable replacement.....this just means he needed to pay Alshon. This is not having good a plan for FA. They better go out and get D.Cooks or something.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM

Post#134 » by biggestbullsfan » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:45 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:

it all is disastrous you know how you make the Glennon signing palatable by locking down the secondary instead we are back to the tightwad Bears and we let another one of our own draft picks walk . I think we have only extended 2 maybe 3 in the last 10 years .

Well letting Cutler go finally was a huge step in the right direction.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#135 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:52 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:

yeah but allowing Forte,Marshall,Bennett,and Jeffrey go and all you having to show for it is Howard is a fireable offense imo .

If the Bears dont make the playoffs this year Pace and Fox should be gone and Im a big fan of Fox
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#136 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu Mar 9, 2017 10:03 pm

Axxo wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
Axxo wrote:

Kevin White is not a suitable replacement.....this just means he needed to pay Alshon. This is not having good a plan for FA. They better go out and get D.Cooks or something.

I like Cooks. I'm just not sure what we'd trade to get him. With regards to Jefrey, just take a good look at the deal that he just signed. He could have very easily had stayed here if he wanted to be here. But he didn't. When your bad, the last thing that you want to do is house players that are here for money rather than wanting to actually be here. We don't need anyone that isn't committed to our cause at this point.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#137 » by City of Trees » Thu Mar 9, 2017 10:03 pm

Man the overreaction in here is unbearable

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#138 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu Mar 9, 2017 10:07 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:

yeah but allowing Forte,Marshall,Bennett,and Jeffrey go and all you having to show for it is Howard is a fireable offense imo .

If the Bears dont make the playoffs this year Pace and Fox should be gone and Im a big fan of Fox

I will give you Forte. But his shelf life was limited at the time that we let him walk. Marshall and Bennett were both horrible locker room guys. Always have been, always will be. There is a reason why both guys are getting ready to play for their 5th teams in both of their respective careers. Alshon still remains to be seen. Super talent yes. But god this guy couldn't stay on the field to save his life. In football, there's an old saying that the best talent to have is availability.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#139 » by Axxo » Thu Mar 9, 2017 10:14 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:

I will give you Forte. But his shelf life was limited at the time that we let him walk. Marshall and Bennett were both horrible locker room guys. Always have been, always will be. There is a reason why both guys are getting ready to play for their 5th teams in both of their respective careers. Alshon still remains to be seen. Super talent yes. But god this guy couldn't stay on the field to save his life. In football, there's an old saying that the best talent to have is availability.

Ok so, what talent does Kevin White have then under that logic?
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#140 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Mar 9, 2017 10:19 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:

still these guys are still helping OTHER football teams win games and we got nothing to show for having them as Bears.

Talent wins in football above all else and as we see this off season no one else just letting talent walk without having some sort of reasonable replacement for them .

The Cards left Jefferson leave and immediately resign Antoine Bethea they dont just allow high level starters to stroll away with no viable replacements .

We are too big of a market with too much money to spend for us to start free agency like this .

It looks like Pace was woefully ill prepared for this offseason considering whats at stake.

You have to know your market

Return to Chicago Bears