ECQF | (3) Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks (6) | TOR 4-2

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,244

Re: ECQF | (3) Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks (6) | MIL 1-1 

Post#421 » by UcanUwill » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:39 am

The-Power wrote:Thon's PnR defense is a game changer for the Bucks. He's got a bad pair of hands but if he can keep hitting his jumpers - plus attacking the rim on close-outs - and sustain that defensive energy - while fouling less - he's going to be a great asset for the Bucks.

Another good pick up by Bucks GM.
Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Post#422 » by Sherlock » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:53 am

UcanUwill wrote:
Greek wrote:My prediction was Raptors in 6, but right now i will say that will be lucky if they get an other game. Lowry and DD are 2 of the biggest PO chockers in history. Giannis has an MVP written all over him.

Something that i can't understand, Valanciunas is very good offensive player and Thon can't stop him 1vs1, why they don't exploit that match up when they saw that there guards duo is not going?

Preaching to the choir man. I guess Casey just doesn't trust Jonas, because he is not a good passer, and provides zero playmaking. Well, he did got some looks this game. 9 FGA and few fouls drawn in only 20 minutes. Just need to get more looks down low, when he gets good post position, he is very efficient. Maker and Monroe just seem to be bad match ups for him. You need to chase maker near perimeter, and Monroe just always been Jonas' father...

Credit the Bucks here actually.

In last night's game, the Raps actually tried to get Jonas the ball early on their first few trips down the court. But either he fumbled the pass, or he brought the ball down and allowed Bucks defenders (Thon/Giannis) to get to him and alter/block his shot, or the Bucks just completely clogged up all the passing lanes such that the Raps couldn't get him the ball at all.

And in a couple of instances they tried to have Jonas post up Thon, and while Jonas is much stronger, he still can't handle double-teams well, so as soon as the Bucks would send help, everything would fall apart since Jonas can't pass out of doubles effectively (to be fair, no one on the Raptors seems to know how to do this).

The Raps did try to get the ball to Jonas yesterday, unfortunately that strategy, like everything else last night, didn't work.
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,685

Post#423 » by binjumper » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Vince Carter had a better game than Derozan yesterday. Let that sink in.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#424 » by Dupp » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:11 pm

I dunno how good jonas can be if good at all but hes just a wasted project under casey who is horrible for a number of reasons.

Theres no good reason he should have kept his job 2 years ago.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#425 » by AussieBuck » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:17 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:Man I never seen pj Tucker like this. He usually the most positive and hungry dude I seeen. Like amazing pep talks, on to the next one but he looks completely defeated. Really would be surprised if raptors comeback

Plays great fundamental and tough ball but he's going against a guy with more than 6 inches on him. Would be like playing ball against your brother who is twice your age as a kid.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#426 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:23 pm

they not running any legit offense

those two ballhogs if they score well they win, if not then its a blowout. Embarrassing. Last year was clearly a fluke as they beat the garbage one man show pacers (who were much worse than this year) and heat with no whiteside
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,026

Post#427 » by heatwillbeback » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:01 pm

No matter how bad yesterday was (it was horrible), all Toronto needs is a w in game 4 to complete their goal heading into Milwaukee.

I think Bucks are the better team but they can't be complacent.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,102

Post#428 » by duppyy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:15 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:No matter how bad yesterday was (it was horrible), all Toronto needs is a w in game 4 to complete their goal heading into Milwaukee.

I think Bucks are the better team but they can't be complacent.

I'm sure Jason Kidd is not letting this blowout win get to their heads. They will still come out strong next game most likely.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#429 » by Hangtime84 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Man I never seen pj Tucker like this. He usually the most positive and hungry dude I seeen. Like amazing pep talks, on to the next one but he looks completely defeated. Really would be surprised if raptors comeback

Plays great fundamental and tough ball but he's going against a guy with more than 6 inches on him. Would be like playing ball against your brother who is twice your age as a kid.

It sucks that Lowry is trying to play back into shape in the playoffs :(

Giannis is really hard to guard. Only things i've seen watching him play is usually guys who are as strong as he is. Or teams who have the similar athletes like himself he struggles. I've watched every bucks a games against chicago for past few years. The Greek Freak is always fun to watch play.

To see they might have another talent in Thon Maker in developing is amazing.

They are a team built to give the Cavs problems.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,539

Post#430 » by jpengland » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:30 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
The-Power wrote:Thon's PnR defense is a game changer for the Bucks. He's got a bad pair of hands but if he can keep hitting his jumpers - plus attacking the rim on close-outs - and sustain that defensive energy - while fouling less - he's going to be a great asset for the Bucks.

Another good pick up by Bucks GM.

I was shocked that people were so low on the pick.

When you ignore all that 7 foot ball handler mix tape nonsense. He was clearly a pretty sure hit as at least a role player.

He's got quick feet, great length, defensive instincts and a shooting touch. Perfect modern big.

He needs to smarten up a bit, put a bit of strength on to grab a few more boards and bang a little but if his three ball keeps progressing and he learns to attack a closeout with those feet and (relative for a big) good handles then he could seriously become a very, very good player.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#431 » by AussieBuck » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:

Giannis is really hard to guard. Only things i've seen watching him play is usually guys who are as strong as he is. Or teams who have the similar athletes like himself he struggles. I've watched every bucks a games against chicago for past few years. The Greek Freak is always fun to watch play.

I've loved Lowry for years now but he's clearly out of shape and is flopping around and bitching about Delly being mean. He's totally lost me. It's a shame because before he got hurt he was having a superstar season, is it that hard to lay off the doughnuts in rehab?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,089

Post#432 » by DingleJerry » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:47 pm

Lowry should just worry about scoring the basket instead of trying to slam into people and draw a foul. I don't know how many open lanes and shots in these 3 games he's had but didn't just go for the bucket and chooses to stop, go sideways, or somehow find a way to bump into somebody. Then complain you don't get the call over and over. Then cheap shot a guy with an elbow to the face while accusing that person of being dirty.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,131

Post#433 » by lambchop » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:00 pm

this is just bad luck for toronto. Derozan and lowry imo are great individual players, but not necessarily good playoff performers. Derozan provides very little versatility against a team that has huge versatility on D. Maker and giannis are simply too athletic for the raptors
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Sisqo
Analyst
And1: 2,267

Post#434 » by Sisqo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:43 pm

ShazamDaShiznt wrote:they not running any legit offense

those two ballhogs if they score well they win, if not then its a blowout. Embarrassing. Last year was clearly a fluke as they beat the garbage one man show pacers (who were much worse than this year) and heat with no whiteside

So many things wrong with this post.

Ball hogs? Look at the other players ppg.. they just don't have a great system but ball hog is incorrect.
Heat with no whiteside? Raptors with no JV who was blasting before that.

How quickly people forget..
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,479

Post#435 » by old skool » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:58 pm

The rest of this series hinges on one thing: the Bucks defense. If they continue to play like they did in game three (easier said than done) they will win easily. Before the towel was thrown in, they were on track to hold the Raptors to under 65 points.

Toronto can still win. They are a good team with skilled offensive players but they were a beaten group long before half time in game three. 51-19 at one point. They had no answer and their body language showed it.

Thon Maker is developing quickly. Anyone who thinks he has bad hands is mistaken. Very mistaken. A month ago he was in chicken with head cut off mode. He still is often lost on offense, but is improving literally every game. He has gone from getting 6 token minutes at the start of each half to being a solid contributor. It is hard to compare because he is playing on a better team, but he might be better than Antetokounmpo was at the end of his rookie season.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#436 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:42 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
Hangtime84 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Plays great fundamental and tough ball but he's going against a guy with more than 6 inches on him. Would be like playing ball against your brother who is twice your age as a kid.

I've loved Lowry for years now but he's clearly out of shape and is flopping around and bitching about Delly being mean. He's totally lost me. It's a shame because before he got hurt he was having a superstar season, is it that hard to lay off the doughnuts in rehab?

Lowry had a wrist injury not a leg injury. He should been running everyday. No excuse to bot be in shape. He's been awful for the 4th straight in the playoffs
Raptors til death
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#437 » by ATLTimekeeper » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:43 pm

I always felt that Maker was just miscast as a future star, but had the makings of an excellent role player. That's exactly what he has been in this series. Hard to swallow that he played right in our backyard last year and we didn't bother taking him, but at the same time I feel like they have a solid player in Poeltl.
SwaggyB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,595

Post#438 » by SwaggyB » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:48 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:I always felt that Maker was just miscast as a future star, but had the makings of an excellent role player. That's exactly what he has been in this series. Hard to swallow that he played right in our backyard last year and we didn't bother taking him, but at the same time I feel like they have a solid player in Poeltl.

Even if the Raps had taken him.. he wouldn't get playing time and wouldn't be having any impact. Not because he wouldn't deserve it, but because Casey.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#439 » by johanliebert » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:57 pm

ShazamDaShiznt wrote:they not running any legit offense

they'd have to be the greatest ball hogs of all time to lead a top 3 NBA offense without a legit offense. i wonder how they were on pace to shatter the OTRG record with a legit offence.

honestly if you guys cant read their sets/system theres no need for hyperbole.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#440 » by johanliebert » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:59 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
Hangtime84 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Plays great fundamental and tough ball but he's going against a guy with more than 6 inches on him. Would be like playing ball against your brother who is twice your age as a kid.

hes always been one to bitch even when on top of his game. you take the good with the bad with kyle. I dont understand the issue with him looking for contact tho..its the norm for him and other stars(isiah thomas)..hell get those calls next game.

Return to The General Board