pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 384

Re: George de Paula 

Post#21 » by pad300 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:51 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
JamesConway wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nice, Kaba is kind of underrated for how he performed recently. He's a fluid 6'10 PF with 7-5 wingspan and he can shoot/rebound. I'm actually kind of surprised no one has considered him a first round pick (myself included).

There are 2 questions about Kaba. 1) Is he a PF or a C? 2) Has his development stalled/ended?
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#22 » by doordoor123 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:09 pm

pad300 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
JamesConway wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nice, Kaba is kind of underrated for how he performed recently. He's a fluid 6'10 PF with 7-5 wingspan and he can shoot/rebound. I'm actually kind of surprised no one has considered him a first round pick (myself included).

There are 2 questions about Kaba. 1) Is he a PF or a C? 2) Has his development stalled/ended?

He's a PF/C. He has the lateral movement to defend wings, good P&R option, and he can shoot. There are trivial things he needs to work on like his motor and the game in general. You'd expect him to be stealing and blocking more shots with his tools and it's because he doesn't really have great feel on defense and he isn't aggressive enough at times. For someone who has the tools he has, you'd expect him to improve overall. He has kind of stayed stagnant since last year. I think the NBA can suit him a little better though.
NADROJ
Junior
And1: 178

Post#23 » by NADROJ » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:48 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
pad300 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

He's a PF/C. He has the lateral movement to defend wings, good P&R option, and he can shoot. There are trivial things he needs to work on like his motor and the game in general. You'd expect him to be stealing and blocking more shots with his tools and it's because he doesn't really have great feel on defense and he isn't aggressive enough at times. For someone who has the tools he has, you'd expect him to improve overall. He has kind of stayed stagnant since last year. I think the NBA can suit him a little better though.

Not saying he can't make it, but the things you said he needs to work on are far from trivial. In fact, they represent the opposite of trivial.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#24 » by doordoor123 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:10 pm

NADROJ wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
pad300 wrote:

Not saying he can't make it, but the things you said he needs to work on are far from trivial. In fact, they represent the opposite of trivial.

I just think motor a lot of the time is conditioning and lack of understanding. And in terms of not knowing the game, it can be learned in time. I think they're trival. It was the same thing that was said about Kelly Oubre when he came out.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,477

Post#25 » by Mirotic12 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:59 pm

People here underrate the level of Brazil's top league. I would say it's better than any other league in Latin America, except maybe Americas League, and it is better than leagues like the NBL in Australia.

I'd put it as better than the mid level national leagues in Europe also. The best teams in Brazil are very similar to average EuroCup teams. It's not some joke league.

Return to NBA Draft