Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,589

Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Last one is getting really long, so time to start a new one up in connection with the upcoming new season starting on July 1st

Any and all visiting team fans please place fantasy trade proposals here or they will get locked. Thanks!
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#2 » by BullyKing » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:07 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Last one is getting really long, so time to start a new one up in connection with the upcoming new season starting on July 1st

Any and all visiting team fans please place fantasy trade proposals here or they will get locked. Thanks!

For the love of Hinkie, can we make this one 100% Crabbe free?
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,734

Post#3 » by the_process » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:26 am

What would NY have to add to a Lee and O'Quinn for Okafor and Stauskas trade to make it acceptable to you?
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#4 » by Unbreakable99 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:36 pm

the_process wrote:What would NY have to add to a Lee and O'Quinn for Okafor and Stauskas trade to make it acceptable to you?

Add? Lol. That deal alone we would probably have to add for the Knicks to say yes :lol:. We are in essence trading one average player in Stauskas for a good young Center in O'Quinn and a vet.
MatthewGeigerII
Bench Warmer
And1: 219

Post#5 » by MatthewGeigerII » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:59 pm

everyone is talking about the rockets and spurs clearing $ to sign a big FA.. but what about the Heat?

they've been linked to Griffin AND hayward.

would a possible non-guaranteed Henderson for Tyler Johnson be something to approach them with?

shot like 38% from three as a PG.. can run

Johnson, Fultz, Covington, Simmons, Embiid
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#6 » by shawn_hemp » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:15 pm

the_process wrote:What would NY have to add to a Lee and O'Quinn for Okafor and Stauskas trade to make it acceptable to you?

a pen?
the_process
RealGM

Post#7 » by the_process » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:27 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:

Add? Lol. That deal alone we would probably have to add for the Knicks to say yes :lol:. We are in essence trading one average player in Stauskas for a good young Center in O'Quinn and a vet.

A Knicks fan liked it, but HW thought the Knicks were sending out a negative value package.

I figure if the Sixers are really interested in Redick... why not Lee? Better defender, not as good of a shooter but still very good. And he's almost two years younger. And Lee has 3-36 left, as opposed to Redick at 2-40 or 3-60 or something.

However... I think the Knicks are going to tank it up and would rather have the cap space and a bunch of kids. So having them kick in a 2nd down the line isn't too much to ask.

It still leaves plenty of cap to do a front loaded extension for Covington in November.

I like this roster for next year:

Fultz/Bayless/McConnell
Lee/TLC/Korkmaz
Covington/FA/Anderson
Simmons/Saric/Bolden
Embiid/Holmes/O'Quinn
the_process
RealGM

Post#8 » by the_process » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:29 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:

a pen?

Pen Pineapple Apple Pen

Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#9 » by Chris76 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:50 pm

the_process wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:

A Knicks fan liked it, but HW thought the Knicks were sending out a negative value package.

I figure if the Sixers are really interested in Redick... why not Lee? Better defender, not as good of a shooter but still very good. And he's almost two years younger. And Lee has 3-36 left, as opposed to Redick at 2-40 or 3-60 or something.

However... I think the Knicks are going to tank it up and would rather have the cap space and a bunch of kids. So having them kick in a 2nd down the line isn't too much to ask.

It still leaves plenty of cap to do a front loaded extension for Covington in November.

I like this roster for next year:

Fultz/Bayless/McConnell
Lee/TLC/Korkmaz
Covington/FA/Anderson
Simmons/Saric/Bolden
Embiid/Holmes/O'Quinn

Stauskus was our best 3 pt shooter, he improved greatly with more playing time and confidence. At 6'6, he has the athleticism to improve on defense. With a lesser role, he may fit in well. Anyway, Okafor has potential and size. He could be a valuable back up big. If, he doesn't show improvement than cut him, but he should be able to dominate other backups. I like Holmes, but he doesn't have the size to be a starting center and Okafor does, if need be.
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Post#10 » by OleSchool » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:00 pm

Chris76 wrote:Stauskus was our best 3 pt shooter, he improved greatly with more playing time and confidence. At 6'6, he has the athleticism to improve on defense. With a lesser role, he may fit in well. Anyway, Okafor has potential and size. He could be a valuable back up big. If, he doesn't show improvement than cut him, but he should be able to dominate other backups. I like Holmes, but he doesn't have the size to be a starting center and Okafor does, if need be.

OK4 stinks and Holmes is 6'10 245 how much more size do you want from him?
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
Chris76
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by Chris76 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:17 pm

OleSchool wrote:
Chris76 wrote:Stauskus was our best 3 pt shooter, he improved greatly with more playing time and confidence. At 6'6, he has the athleticism to improve on defense. With a lesser role, he may fit in well. Anyway, Okafor has potential and size. He could be a valuable back up big. If, he doesn't show improvement than cut him, but he should be able to dominate other backups. I like Holmes, but he doesn't have the size to be a starting center and Okafor does, if need be.

Okafor could easily give you 15 pts a game in limited mins, I admit he needs to improve his team defense and rebounding. To say he stinks is ridiculous, any player in the NBA has value, he was in a terrible situation let's see him play with better talent before throwing him away for nothing. How many bigs can create their own offense the way he can?
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Post#12 » by OleSchool » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Chris76 wrote:
OleSchool wrote:

Okafor could easily give you 15 pts a game in limited mins, I admit he needs to improve his team defense and rebounding. To say he stinks is ridiculous, any player in the NBA has value, he was in a terrible situation let's see him play with better talent before throwing him away for nothing. How many bigs can create their own offense the way he can?

He creates his own offense by stopping the ball. he doesn't "get his" in the flow of the offense. Thats not his game and probably never will be. His game doesn't fit BB space and pace offense

I'm sure if BC could've got something OK4 would be gone by now
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
sixeradelphia
Freshman
And1: 145

Post#13 » by sixeradelphia » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:43 pm

Chris76 wrote:

Dwight Howard was traded for Miles Plumee, Marco Belinelli and the 41st pick. It took the Hawks to add another first round pick to get it done. Howard is past his prime but he is still good for a double double on any given night.

What are expecting to get for Okafor? Yeah he has a solid offensive game- that forces him to isolate himself and slow the pace of the offense.

We are stuck with Okafor
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#14 » by BoomBap » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:51 pm

That's just half of the truth. Dwight is also 31 and he has over 47/2 left on his contract. Jah is 21 and has 11/2 left. Jah is way younger and way cheaper as Dwight. I don't say he is a better player or even in Dwights tier, but age and the contract are on Jahs side (our side) and we shouldn't have problems to get rid of him.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#15 » by shawn_hemp » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:11 am

are you guys really comparing Jah and Dwight Howard?

It's not ridiculous to say Jah stinks.

You ask how many bigs can create their own offense (probably less than 10 tbh)

How many teams actually run their offense through the low post?

It's a non-factor

Unlike the other two things you mentioned (team defense, rebounding), which are basically all Centers who can't shoot 3s are asked to do nowadays.

And Jah is pretty bad at both of those things

Dwight averages a double double just by lacing up his sneakers, the Sixers would have to give Jah the Russell Westbrook treatment for him to sniff close to 10 Reb per game
Chris76
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by Chris76 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:51 am

shawn_hemp wrote:are you guys really comparing Jah and Dwight Howard?

It's a non-factor

Unlike the other two things you mentioned (team defense, rebounding), which are basically all Centers who can't shoot 3s are asked to do nowadays.

Dwight averages a double double just by lacing up his sneakers, the Sixers would have to give Jah the Russell Westbrook treatment for him to sniff close to 10 Reb per game

Having an option for a dominant backup big who can easily score in the post when teams go small is worthless. Okafor playing with Simmons (an excellent rebounder) and Fultz may be a unique option that the Sixers could use in limited minutes that forces teams to adjust their lineups is worthless. Anyway, lately they have shown a thinner, more focused, probably in better shape Okafor practicing with the team, but let's not give him a chance to improve his team defense and rebounding because he is always going to be bad, is even more ridiculous.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#17 » by TTP » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:52 pm

Chris76 wrote:
shawn_hemp wrote:are you guys really comparing Jah and Dwight Howard?

It's a non-factor

Having an option for a dominant backup big who can easily score in the post when teams go small is worthless. Okafor playing with Simmons (an excellent rebounder) and Fultz may be a unique option that the Sixers could use in limited minutes that forces teams to adjust their lineups is worthless. Anyway, lately they have shown a thinner, more focused, probably in better shape Okafor practicing with the team, but let's not give him a chance to improve his team defense and rebounding because he is always going to be bad, is even more ridiculous.

We've given him 3000 minutes worth of chances. That's more than a lot of guys get and he'd be long gone if he weren't the third pick.

It's pretty unlikely his defense and rebounding improve much though. There's an article from a few years back that tried to look at what skills were most likely to improve in prospects. Rebounding rates, steal rates, and block rates tend to translate well from college and remain relatively consistent through a player's first five years.

Interestingly, the one thing that a prospect is likely to improve at is scoring efficiency, something Okafor is already good at.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,573

Post#18 » by 76ciology » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:53 pm

I don't expect Okafor to get traded until mid season. I can almost guarantee you that
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Chris76
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by Chris76 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:05 pm

76ciology wrote:I don't expect Okafor to get traded until mid season. I can almost guarantee you that

Mid season should be enough time to see if Okafor has improved or fits as a backup big. People are going to be shocked if he figures it out. If he averages 13 and 7 in limited mins, he still will be considered worthless by many.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,573

Post#20 » by 76ciology » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:13 pm

Chris76 wrote:
76ciology wrote:I don't expect Okafor to get traded until mid season. I can almost guarantee you that

Mid season should be enough time to see if Okafor has improved or fits as a backup big. People are going to be shocked if he figures it out. If he averages 13 and 7 in limited mins, he still will be considered worthless by many.

My guess is that he will show some improvements. Play the back-up scorer off the bench role. Then be traded for a wing or a future draft pick with lotto protections.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers