Wisconsin Herd Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Re: Wisconsin Herd Thread 

Post#821 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:59 pm

trwi7 wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Wood heads need to tune into Herd games, painful a watch as they are. If he could help us win Bud would be playing him. Seeing as he can’t help the Herd win I’m not gonna question the Kaiser on this one.

I don't think anybody is a Wood Cock (hopefully somebody gets that reference). We just want to see him tried over Thon because he is so horrible. Nobody is expecting Wood to be anything other than a decent backup at best and if he is, that's a nice improvement. If he's not, well, you just had a different bad backup center playing for a few games.

That’s cool. I’m all for giving him a look and am still happy a younger dude like him was rewarded with a roster spot. His guarantee comes up in about a month so now would be the time to see if there’s anything there. Unfortunately just don’t think there is and imagine the coaching staff has already come to that determination.

He’ll still make a lot of money playing pro basketball somewhere.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#822 » by AussieBuck » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:00 pm

Wood needs to spend a few years in Europe learning how to basketball.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#823 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:09 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Wood needs to spend a few years in Europe learning how to basketball.

Was thinking the same thing. China would set him up for life but he’d never get better. Could see him having an Anthony Randolph type impact on a top Euroleague team (with the right coach who wouldn’t banish him for his lapses) and then still maybe get back to the NBA in his late 20’s.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#824 » by trwi7 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:11 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Wood needs to spend a few years in Europe learning how to basketball.

Can we send Thon with him? He might be eligible for senior discounts by the time he gets back but hey, at least he'll know how to play.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#825 » by AussieBuck » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:48 pm

trwi7 wrote:

Can we send Thon with him? He might be eligible for senior discounts by the time he gets back but hey, at least he'll know how to play.

Sure, Wilson too.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#826 » by 4xBuck » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:47 pm

DDV, welcome to Oshkosh (actually Vegas for a couple games).

Good move... He needs to play 36 mins a games and launch twenty shots a game.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,664

Post#827 » by TroyD92 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:48 pm

Yep, it worked really well for Sterling who's been fantastic since getting called back.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,733

Post#828 » by emunney » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:15 pm

Piggybacking on the talk about the "Suki-ing" of DJ Wilson in his thread, just wanted to pick this play out of yesterday's Herd game. We know DDV is a leaper but this seems a little new and different.

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#829 » by crkone » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:21 pm

emunney wrote:Piggybacking on the talk about the "Suki-ing" of DJ Wilson in his thread, just wanted to pick this play out of yesterday's Herd game. We know DDV is a leaper but this seems a little new and different.

Wood-35/18/4/4/2
DDV-21/6/3/1/1

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#830 » by neiLz » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:23 pm

I am super optimistic on DDV and Wood seems to have a ton of talent. DDV just needs PT in my opinion. But for wood, is he comparable to a AAAA MLB player? He goes nuts in G league, Rookie League, and what not but doesn't get any PT in the NBA? Is there something about him that the coaches don't like and want him to improve on before putting him in an NBA game? Is he allergic to defense?
crkone
RealGM

Post#831 » by crkone » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:36 pm

ArodpwnsFavre wrote:I am super optimistic on DDV and Wood seems to have a ton of talent. DDV just needs PT in my opinion. But for wood, is he comparable to a AAAA MLB player? He goes nuts in G league, Rookie League, and what not but doesn't get any PT in the NBA? Is there something about him that the coaches don't like and want him to improve on before putting him in an NBA game? Is he allergic to defense?

He's extremely low on the totem pole for minutes with the Bucks. He was the last man signed to the roster while also having two draft picks and two new FAs signed to play above him, besides Giannis. Bucks should probably do him a solid and get him to a team that needs him.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,772

Post#832 » by HaroldinGMinor » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:38 pm

No way I'd trade him. He's good insurance in case Lopez goes down for an extended period of time.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#833 » by DingleJerry » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:53 pm

I still feel like if Thon got a minor two week injury and Wood got his minutes that he probably wouldn't look back. Wood probably needs a break like that of some kind here, otherwise it would probably best to go to a team that can actually play him. MKE just has too many guys in front of him and two recent 1st round picks they're going to give a chance before him
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#834 » by StickeeFingaz » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:55 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeChuckDiesel
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#835 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:19 am

James Young was just violently denied by the rim on a wide open dunk attempt, perfectly symbolizing the demise of his career.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,662

Post#836 » by BroncoBuck » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:17 am

I’ve said it before, but if you watch Wood’s play in the G League you’d realize it’s coming at the expense of the offense. He’s a ball stopper in an age where ball stoppers are being phased out. It’s ugly team basketball, but it fills the boxscore.

This Bucks team is so good at cycling the ball, it’s just not a good fit right now. Adapt and survive.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,733

Post#837 » by emunney » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:33 am

Didn't realize the Herd got Shevon Thompson, one of my favorite G Leaguers last season. Uncanny on the O glass.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
crkone
RealGM

Post#838 » by crkone » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:33 am

Ball stopper Christian Wood put up 30/14 tonight.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#839 » by Ill-yasova » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:38 am

BroncoBuck wrote:I’ve said it before, but if you watch Wood’s play in the G League you’d realize it’s coming at the expense of the offense. He’s a ball stopper in an age where ball stoppers are being phased out. It’s ugly team basketball, but it fills the boxscore.

This Bucks team is so good at cycling the ball, it’s just not a good fit right now. Adapt and survive.

Yeah, but this is on a team where he is technically considered “the man”. Anytime he’s played minutes for the Bucks he’s actually been very good at just being opportunistic in the flow of the offense. I’ve never seen him be a ball stopper at any point with the Bucks in limited views.
crkone
RealGM

Post#840 » by crkone » Sat Jan 5, 2019 3:47 am

Read on Twitter

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |