Tim Duncan, Kickboxer

Moderator: lilfishi22

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Tim Duncan, Kickboxer 

Post#1 » by turk3d » Thu Aug 3, 2017 1:10 pm

Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
jaypo
Lead Assistant
And1: 436

Re: Tim Duncan, Kickboxer 

Post#2 » by jaypo » Thu Aug 3, 2017 1:37 pm

Kudos to TD. Always a class act. And him being a martial artist just gives me a higher opinion of him, and I already had a high opinion!
Veyron
Senior
And1: 509

Post#3 » by Veyron » Thu Aug 3, 2017 1:41 pm

Yea, awful kickboxer. Those moves lol.
SH0KASE
Junior
And1: 434

Post#4 » by SH0KASE » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:01 pm

They should of kept that video to themselves.
SamSepiol
Rookie
And1: 3,624

Post#5 » by SamSepiol » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:15 pm

And here I thought Draymond was the only kickboxer in the league.

But man does he look like I thought Tim Duncan would box. Looks so slow and awkward.
Teen Girl Squad
Head Coach
And1: 3,049

Post#6 » by Teen Girl Squad » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:33 pm

Good for timmy, but yeah, he's not going to be competing any time soon with that [lack of] footspeed.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,144

Post#7 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:40 pm

My Grandma could dodge those kicks. :lol:
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,515

Post#8 » by Chinook » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:41 pm

Not that Tim would be particularly fast, but these were practice sessions. I have a feeling in real fights, Tim wouldn't bring his legs nearly to high up
BloodNinja
Analyst
And1: 5,654

Post#9 » by BloodNinja » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:41 pm

wow that's pretty bad.
Tinseltown
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,917

Post#10 » by Tinseltown » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:46 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Timmy D is trying to jumpstart an MMA career so that he can get some quick cash. Remember he took a ton of discounts for the Spurs, then his wife divorced him and took half his money, AND then he made horrible investments and lost at least 20 million to a bad financial advisor. He's just not good with money. Duncan is also too socially awkward to do TV work for TNT or a regular podcast so his options are definitely limited.
Kevin Johnson
Analyst
And1: 7,835

Post#11 » by Kevin Johnson » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:55 pm

Roy Hibbert should be a kickboxer. He has great balance.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,212

Post#12 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:56 pm

Kareem would kick his a**
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,867
Location: On the Dallas bandwagon for the rest of the '24 playoffs

Post#13 » by -Sammy- » Thu Aug 3, 2017 3:10 pm

Tinseltown wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Timmy D is trying to jumpstart an MMA career so that he can get some quick cash. Remember he took a ton of discounts for the Spurs, then his wife divorced him and took half his money, AND then he made horrible investments and lost at least 20 million to a bad financial advisor. He's just not good with money. Duncan is also too socially awkward to do TV work for TNT or a regular podcast so his options are definitely limited.

Duncan made north of $10m in 13 different seasons, including seven seasons in which he made at least $15m (and three $20m+), before endorsements. He earned almost a quarter of a billion dollars in career salary alone; we can't forget about his contract with Adidas and various other endorsements, either. As he himself commented regarding the financial investment you mentioned, "I had a long career and made good money. This is a big chunk, but it's not going to change my life in any way. It's not going to make any decisions for me." Not to mention that he just won a lawsuit against the guy who defrauded him, who will now have to pay back a large chunk of that money.

As for his divorce, he had a prenuptial agreement that was enforced during the divorce. Now, what's a circumstance that's highly likely to cause one to enforce his prenup? Infidelity, which is widely speculated to be what led to his decision to divorce. Considering those details, there's no way he gave up anything close to half his net worth in the divorce, if he gave up anything at all.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#14 » by turk3d » Thu Aug 3, 2017 3:15 pm

Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,144

Post#15 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Aug 3, 2017 3:15 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:
Tinseltown wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Timmy D is trying to jumpstart an MMA career so that he can get some quick cash. Remember he took a ton of discounts for the Spurs, then his wife divorced him and took half his money, AND then he made horrible investments and lost at least 20 million to a bad financial advisor. He's just not good with money. Duncan is also too socially awkward to do TV work for TNT or a regular podcast so his options are definitely limited.

Duncan made north of $10m in 13 different seasons, including seven seasons in which he made at least $15m (and three $20m+), before endorsements. He earned almost a quarter of a billion dollars in career salary alone. As he himself commented regarding the financial investment you mentioned, "I had a long career and made good money. This is a big chunk, but it's not going to change my life in any way. It's not going to make any decisions for me." Not to mention that he just won a lawsuit against the guy who defrauded him, who will have to pay back a large chunk of that money.

As for his divorce, he had a prenuptial agreement that was enforced during the divorce. Now, what circumstance would be highly likely to cause one to enforce his prenup? Infidelity, which is what most have speculated led to his decision to divorce his ex-wife. Considering those details, there's no way he gave up anything close to half his net worth in that divorce, if he gave up anything at all.

Yeah, he seems to be really smart with his money. Doesn't he have a normal car and go shopping at everyday cheap places? Didn't he also teach Leonard to do the same to save money?
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
BorkLazer
Senior
And1: 427

Post#16 » by BorkLazer » Thu Aug 3, 2017 3:19 pm

Duncan vs CM Punk at UFC 220 lololololololololol
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,196

Post#17 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 3:21 pm

Duncan vs the winner of Jones-Lesnar in 2018?

RIP Timmy
turk3d
RealGM

Post#18 » by turk3d » Thu Aug 3, 2017 3:28 pm

Duncan vs Shaq. At least that's 1 guy he'd be faster than. I'd love to see him get in the ring with Charles and beat the crap out of him.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#19 » by 12footrim » Thu Aug 3, 2017 3:37 pm

Shaq trains as well. I bet a Shaq and Timmy real fight would actually draw a lot of money if they did it.

I know Shaq used to talk **** to Hong man Choi or whatever his name was about fighting.

He did fight Oscar Dela Hoya

He didn't try to kill him of course but you can see a little of what hes made of.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Kevin Johnson
Analyst
And1: 7,835

Post#20 » by Kevin Johnson » Thu Aug 3, 2017 3:44 pm

Tinseltown wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Timmy D is trying to jumpstart an MMA career so that he can get some quick cash. Remember he took a ton of discounts for the Spurs, then his wife divorced him and took half his money, AND then he made horrible investments and lost at least 20 million to a bad financial advisor. He's just not good with money.

I suspect Tim Duncan was trading Magic the Gathering cards in Mt.Gox in 2007-08. So he got in early in 2010 when they started trading Bitcoin and is probably has half a billion locked up in Bitcoin :lol:

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts