ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

User avatar
Impuniti
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,554
And1: 4,178
Joined: Jan 18, 2016

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#381 » by Impuniti » Wed May 15, 2019 4:43 am

Suns don't deserve any more high picks though. They have had them for years and done nothing with it.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 37,311
And1: 8,097
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#382 » by Mylie10 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:37 pm

GS Warriors 1 wrote:NBA media is definitely pissed that Zion is going to N.O.

Suns big loser in the lotto, dropping from 2 to 6 they REALLY needed to at least get Ja Morant.


Maybe they can get Coby White wuo is a friggen stud.
superunknown
Sophomore
Posts: 212
And1: 60
Joined: Sep 25, 2018
       

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#383 » by superunknown » Wed May 15, 2019 2:02 pm

zion had the face of someone who had just been hit by a truck .... :lol:
anyway, 2 franchises, NO and Memphis, in great difficulty, almost at risk of "extinction", and get the pick number one and two? really? come on, this was too evident.
NO starts again post davis with zion and probably another high pick via trade, Memphis - at risk relocation and with the sword of damocles on the head of the pick to send to boston - can retool with a much needed second pick, james that when he needs a nice pick to trade, casually, has it dropping on his limbs as for wiggins (then traded for love) in 2015.
one thing is for sure, it is no longer hinkie's NBA.
statsman
Analyst
Posts: 3,152
And1: 428
Joined: Aug 20, 2006

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#384 » by statsman » Wed May 15, 2019 6:20 pm

GS Warriors 1 wrote:Suns big loser in the lotto, dropping from 2 to 6 they REALLY needed to at least get Ja Morant.

Another loser is the Mavs.

They were in a 3-way tie in the draft lottery for 7th through 9th with the Pelicans and Grizzlies.

After the lottery tiebreakers, the Pelicans were seeded 7th (and jumped to 1st), the Grizzlies were seeded 8th (and jumped to 2nd), and the Mavs were seeded 9th (and fell to 10th, thanks to the Lakers) and lose their pick to the Hawks as it was only top-5 protected.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 37,311
And1: 8,097
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#385 » by Mylie10 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:37 am

statsman wrote:
GS Warriors 1 wrote:Suns big loser in the lotto, dropping from 2 to 6 they REALLY needed to at least get Ja Morant.

Another loser is the Mavs.

They were in a 3-way tie in the draft lottery for 7th through 9th with the Pelicans and Grizzlies.

After the lottery tiebreakers, the Pelicans were seeded 7th (and jumped to 1st), the Grizzlies were seeded 8th (and jumped to 2nd), and the Mavs were seeded 9th (and fell to 10th, thanks to the Lakers) and lose their pick to the Hawks as it was only top-5 protected.


Ouch!
User avatar
cpower
RealGM
Posts: 12,362
And1: 4,566
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#386 » by cpower » Thu May 16, 2019 1:14 am

Lopez is going to be a tough matchup for our bigs.. I think we have to play Looney/Iggy more and exploit his weakness. Bucks will use Greek freak to drive in and kick out for a lot of threes. We will need to crowd the paint a bit also defend the threes..that is one tough team to beat. But they only shoot 35% from threes, we have to force them to die on threes
wco81
General Manager
Posts: 7,900
And1: 2,022
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#387 » by wco81 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:24 pm

Tyreke Evans got banned for 2 years for a drug violation.

Remember that some Warriors fans wanted him in the 2009 draft instead of Curry because he had size and athleticism to be a wing, maybe Sprewell potential.
User avatar
Quazza
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,795
And1: 1,108
Joined: Jul 04, 2008
 

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#388 » by Quazza » Sat May 18, 2019 5:44 am

wco81 wrote:Tyreke Evans got banned for 2 years for a drug violation.

Remember that some Warriors fans wanted him in the 2009 draft instead of Curry because he had size and athleticism to be a wing, maybe Sprewell potential.



he should come to Australia and play for the mighty Adelaide 36ers.

I can take him around town, show him the spots, find him all the nose beers he can handle
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
I went to a game where Speedy Claxton started and played 40 minutes so everyone can suck my ass
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 37,752
And1: 8,639
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#389 » by Coxy » Sun May 19, 2019 7:39 am

Quazza wrote:
wco81 wrote:Tyreke Evans got banned for 2 years for a drug violation.

Remember that some Warriors fans wanted him in the 2009 draft instead of Curry because he had size and athleticism to be a wing, maybe Sprewell potential.



he should come to Australia and play for the mighty Adelaide 36ers.

I can take him around town, show him the spots, find him all the nose beers he can handle


Radelaide the booger sugar captial.
“Our guys are f*%#ing giants” - Steve Kerr after Game 5 Victory
heyrayray
Junior
Posts: 371
And1: 278
Joined: Apr 14, 2012
         

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#390 » by heyrayray » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:54 am

Good season for the Dubs
User avatar
marthafokker
Head Coach
Posts: 6,241
And1: 267
Joined: Jul 13, 2004

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#391 » by marthafokker » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:58 pm

So funny if AD trade not made because they want Kuzuma more than having AD.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
donkeylips
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,664
And1: 582
Joined: Apr 22, 2010

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#392 » by donkeylips » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:26 pm

Looks like the pelicans caved in
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
User avatar
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
Posts: 33,523
And1: 1,065
Joined: Jun 28, 2005

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#393 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 pm

New conspiracy, Lebron stalled the trade to force Magic out. He wont stand for being surrounded by incompetence.
rcfc1 wrote:Do you even law, bro?
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 37,311
And1: 8,097
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#394 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:07 am

I think Boston just wasn't confident that AD would re-sign the following year.

I'm pretty sure AD will stay with the Lakers long term because of the whole agent connection.
Muscles
Senior
Posts: 539
And1: 246
Joined: May 17, 2017

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#395 » by Muscles » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:20 am

Lakers will add Butler or Kemba which will make them favorites this season. Hope another team can emerge to stop them.
BG
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,414
And1: 332
Joined: Aug 14, 2001
Location: Austria
Contact:
 

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#396 » by BG » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:33 am

the fact that either the lakers or houston have a great shot at coming out of the west next year makes me feel even worse about our whole injury situation...
Warriors!!!
User avatar
BayArea408415
Veteran
Posts: 2,802
And1: 2,204
Joined: Feb 06, 2015
Location: San Jose, CA
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#397 » by BayArea408415 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:50 am

superunknown wrote:NO starts again post davis with zion and probably another high pick via trade, Memphis - at risk relocation and with the sword of damocles on the head of the pick to send to boston - can retool with a much needed second pick, james that when he needs a nice pick to trade, casually, has it dropping on his limbs as for wiggins (then traded for love) in 2015.
one thing is for sure, it is no longer hinkie's NBA.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind Memphis relocating back to Vancouver. Their ownership and relocation out of Vancouver wasn't handled properly and Stern regretted letting them leave. I think the Raptors showed Canada can handle an NBA franchise and I think the Vancouver metro is near 3 million people now.

So, add a franchise to Seattle and Vancouver and then move the Pelicans and Timber-wolves to the Eastern conference.
User avatar
BayArea408415
Veteran
Posts: 2,802
And1: 2,204
Joined: Feb 06, 2015
Location: San Jose, CA
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#398 » by BayArea408415 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:52 am

Muscles wrote:Lakers will add Butler or Kemba which will make them favorites this season. Hope another team can emerge to stop them.

Hoping the same thing. The Lakers have about a 2 year window before LeBron finally starts falling off the cliff. He'll be 37 by December 2021. If someone can hold them off this year, that gives the Warriors a chance to return in 2021 and take down declining LeBron + AD.
donkeylips
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,664
And1: 582
Joined: Apr 22, 2010

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#399 » by donkeylips » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:09 pm

I like that everyone is counting out the warriors
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Muscles
Senior
Posts: 539
And1: 246
Joined: May 17, 2017

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#400 » by Muscles » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:15 pm

BayArea408415 wrote:
Muscles wrote:Lakers will add Butler or Kemba which will make them favorites this season. Hope another team can emerge to stop them.

Hoping the same thing. The Lakers have about a 2 year window before LeBron finally starts falling off the cliff. He'll be 37 by December 2021. If someone can hold them off this year, that gives the Warriors a chance to return in 2021 and take down declining LeBron + AD.


Id say one year this upcoming season. They don't get it done with the league wide open then that window shuts down in 2020-2021. KD and Klay being out is akin to MJ retiring and opening door up for everybody. Hopefully Kawhi comes to Clippers so a stacked west can hold the line.

Return to Golden State Warriors