Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,074

Re: OT: Investing 

Post#61 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:19 am

Yeah I need me a sugar mama.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#62 » by bizarro » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:37 am

sidney lanier wrote:
bizarro wrote:
This is where releasing ideas of convention is wise.
The business model is more the co-created reality. The ‘income’ is an offshoot. The value is increasing preposterously right now due to the immense amount of participation ‘versus’ a finite amount of Bitcoin. This will regulate over time - how much it will regulate or to what degree is unknown as Bitcoins value is not dictated by inflation. The core business model, imho, is this: billions of people across the planet see a distinct value in an anonymous, decentralized, inflation-resistant system ,devoid of government autocracy that has employed Blockchain for its core technical requirements. This is the beginning. Already, Iota is working toward the Tangle - for example.

So do you think those of us not brave enough to make the cryptocurrency leap should be looking at investment opportunities in the underlying blockchain technology?

I would definitely encourage it, yes. I mean, it’s entirely subjective, right? And, we all have our comfort zones and what we’re familiar with. BUT, if you are sticking to a conventional diversified stock or investment portfolio it would most definitely be a wise move. Iota, for example, has recently held several meetings with Microsoft. Ripple most definitely has inroads to be the block-chain texhnology used by banks. There is definitely a utilitarian aspect to this well-beyond the core open source principles of alt coins. I.e., block chain technology has immense immense application potentials across multiple sectors. It is so young. But, make no mistake, this is the advent of a human evolution akin to the internet in and of itself.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,316

Post#63 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:38 am

The fact RealGM now has a stock and bitcoin thread tells me we've officially reached the market peak.

In the words of Billy Ray and Winthrop, sell, sell, sell.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#64 » by bizarro » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:41 am

paulpressey25 wrote:The fact RealGM now has a stock and bitcoin thread tells me we've officially reached the market peak.

PP, it’s no different a strategy in Bitcoin than any other trading. If you haven’t recouped your investment and then some multiple times over by now you’re just a poor investor. In general, however, I would personally discourage investing directly into Bitcoin in general at present. I have certain core tenets like: don’t invest into FOMO or hype and don’t buy into peaks. Play the ratios just like gold and silver. Yadi yadi ya da.

EDIT: also, if I had a nickel for each and every time I’ve been told this by a friend; relative; or financial advisor I’d easily have tens of dollars. I was told to sell at $200, $500, $750, $1500, $2000 etc. I’ve sold and re-invested at various points along the way. Still hold. Still making bank. Will continue to execute the same original strategy.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,146

Post#65 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:09 am

Nowak008 wrote:I've got the best investment strategy you guys.

Marry someone who makes a lot of money. The end.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

When ever I think I start to understand our world, I then think about how Tom Brady is not the breadwinner in his family. Then I'm just as confused as ever.

Also, it makes me hate Tom Brady even more. Like come on man, do you really need it all?
bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#66 » by bucksbrewers3 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:22 am

midranger wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:Just tell me what to short so I can do it.

Bitcoin.

I had $300 in lite coin when it was $55 bought enough for 5 lite coin. Had it for a month or so never did anything sold it to basically get my money back and sure sh*t it skyrocketed to $400 a week later. My $300 would have been 2,100. I hated myself for it
NomNomNomParker
Starter
And1: 1,248

Post#67 » by NomNomNomParker » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:29 am

Mgti and PRELF
NomNomNomParker
Starter
And1: 1,248

Post#68 » by NomNomNomParker » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:33 am

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
skones wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:One of the biggest mistakes I see is not taking advantage of your company's 401k match ( if they have one). While this varies, typically a company will match 50% of what you put in up to 6%. So they'll put in 3% if you put in 6% or higher. That's free money. Take it.

Agree. My company matches up to 11% and I take full advantage, but I realize that's mostly unheard of.

Wow that's great. My company is 4% match and you're immediately vested which is great but not 11% great.

I think the 401k is great for anyone who doesn't play the market, but I can get MUCH larger gains investing that into my TD account and playing the market myself. Yes, there is risk, but it's risk I'm willing to accept for the ability to make large amounts of usable income extremely quick.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 948

Post#69 » by Lippo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:39 am

Yep, E-Currency is where it is at
We have turned 3k of Ether in May to over 25k
Just bought 50,000 Bounty0X Coins and 10,000 Chainlink Coins - To THE MOOOOONNNN!!!!
Lambo inc...
Triple 7
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#70 » by Triple 7 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:50 am

Lippo wrote:Yep, E-Currency is where it is at
Just bought 50,000 Bounty0X Coins and 10,000 Chainlink Coins - To THE MOOOOONNNN!!!!
Lambo inc...

You had me until lambo
"Is he not unique? No one plays like this guy. This guy is the new guy. This is the new form."
- George Karl on Giannis
milwaukee bunks
Senior
And1: 436

Post#71 » by milwaukee bunks » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:56 am

averageposter wrote:I think with Crypto you have to play people as much as the coins, the increased interest has driven the price up and up as we all know. Litecoins bump is likely do to its increased utility to a degree, but more so do to the ease of purchase. Because its on Coinbase, because you can easily buy smaller amounts with only a credit card the masses have flocked to it and its value has risen accordingly. The trick will be identifying which alt coins get added to these easy to use exchanges and buy them before they do. Ripple appears to be the next most likely add to coinbase, at least that is the chatter.

I do think with bitcoin basically taking a years worth of electricity operating a $5K dedicated miner to hash the math that defines it currently and obviously more with each discovered coin, there is an established value to the production of its Encryption, that is still far from its trading value but I don't think it's accurate to say there is no inherent value in the currency as its security is produced in a manner of speaking.

a year's worth of electricity on one build? $5k to build? i think you better check your numbers.
Lippo
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by Lippo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:57 am

Triple 7 wrote:
Lambo inc...

You had me until lambo

its a inside joke in E-currency,
were all gonna own lamborghini's

if you invest get a nano s , DO NOT keep your coins online...
Triple 7
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#73 » by Triple 7 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:01 am

Lippo wrote:
Triple 7 wrote:
Lambo inc...

You had me until lambo

its a inside joke in E-currency,
were all gonna own lamborghini's

if you invest get a nano s , DO NOT keep your coins online...

Right, that flew over my head. :)

But yeah... have a local wallet. Do not store your currencies online. This is the wild west and Billy the Kid and his drones are out there.
"Is he not unique? No one plays like this guy. This guy is the new guy. This is the new form."
- George Karl on Giannis
milwaukee bunks
Senior

Post#74 » by milwaukee bunks » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:06 am

alt coins are where it's at, you can make solid gains day trading on Poloniex or Bittrex just swapping coins around playing the peaks and valleys. it is also very easy to build computers to use the hashing power to mine for your own coins, i currently have ~35 1070s running at the moment netting me thousands of dollars a month in random alt coins.
Lippo
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by Lippo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:06 am

milwaukee bunks wrote:
averageposter wrote:I think with Crypto you have to play people as much as the coins, the increased interest has driven the price up and up as we all know. Litecoins bump is likely do to its increased utility to a degree, but more so do to the ease of purchase. Because its on Coinbase, because you can easily buy smaller amounts with only a credit card the masses have flocked to it and its value has risen accordingly. The trick will be identifying which alt coins get added to these easy to use exchanges and buy them before they do. Ripple appears to be the next most likely add to coinbase, at least that is the chatter.

I do think with bitcoin basically taking a years worth of electricity operating a $5K dedicated miner to hash the math that defines it currently and obviously more with each discovered coin, there is an established value to the production of its Encryption, that is still far from its trading value but I don't think it's accurate to say there is no inherent value in the currency as its security is produced in a manner of speaking.

a year's worth of electricity on one build? $5k to build? i think you better check your numbers.

about 1/2 that, might get 0.5 bitcoin a year, but that coin might be worth 30-50k in 12 months
8 x 1070 gtx rig costsbaround 4k, 1500-1600 electricity in a year maybe
$20-25/day not counting value increases.
milwaukee bunks
Senior

Post#76 » by milwaukee bunks » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:12 am

Lippo wrote:
milwaukee bunks wrote:

about 1/2 that, might get 0.5 bitcoin a year, but that coin might be worth 30-50k in 12 months

you should be getting a better return than $25 on 8 1070s, and that should cost about $10-$12 a month at 0.09 kw/h
Lippo
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by Lippo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:14 am

bizarro wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:The fact RealGM now has a stock and bitcoin thread tells me we've officially reached the market peak.

PP, it’s no different a strategy in Bitcoin than any other trading. If you haven’t recouped your investment and then some multiple times over by now you’re just a poor investor. In general, however, I would personally discourage investing directly into Bitcoin in general at present. I have certain core tenets like: don’t invest into FOMO or hype and don’t buy into peaks. Play the ratios just like gold and silver. Yadi yadi ya da.

EDIT: also, if I had a nickel for each and every time I’ve been told this by a friend; relative; or financial advisor I’d easily have tens of dollars. I was told to sell at $200, $500, $750, $1500, $2000 etc. I’ve sold and re-invested at various points along the way. Still hold. Still making bank. Will continue to execute the same original strategy.

Mcafee swears is will be 500k in 3 years (BTC) or hell run naked, hes done well in a security business.
I think it will grow 100-250% a year myself..
The Rodzilla
Starter
And1: 2,332

Post#78 » by The Rodzilla » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:29 am

why do people act like bitcoin isnt a pyramid scheme?
Lippo
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by Lippo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:33 am

milwaukee bunks wrote:
Lippo wrote:
milwaukee bunks wrote:

you should be getting a better return than $25 on 8 1070s, and that should cost about $10-$12 a month at 0.09 kw/h

?? thats per card yeah 80-100 + drives and cpu /mo, i have meter....
i just have 2 1070's but they are about $35 a month total electricity, we pay .1311 here in milwaukee
i make maybe $85-$90 ($120 - $35) a month profit, just have my sli'd gaming computer during downtime,
nicehash winminer here 2-3/day per card + a bit for cpu
to lazy to do my own research and d/l algorithms.
Lippo
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by Lippo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:36 am

The Rodzilla wrote:why do people act like bitcoin isnt a pyramid scheme?

lol its not at all

Bitconnect is

but bitcoin is a currency...you can pay your mortgage with in now, 401k;s, buy trips on expedia, get with the times...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks