Image ImageImage Image

NBA Draft 2018 Edition #4 : Lucky #7 and 22

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

New poll, re-voting allowed

Porter
43%
Young
27%
Carter
18%
Bridges
12%

Total votes: 173

JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,593

Re: NBA Draft 2018 Edition #4 : Lucky #7 and 22 

Post#281 » by JohnnyTapwater » Sat Jun 2, 2018 11:02 pm

That comment smelled douchey...

I'm hoping he's just spreading it on thick for the media or I'm misunderstanding that whole vibe...
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,135

Post#282 » by NecessaryEvil » Sat Jun 2, 2018 11:14 pm

The guy probably walks right into a Nike or Adidas deal the moment he is drafted by Chicago

I'd prefer to be in Chicago too
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#283 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat Jun 2, 2018 11:17 pm

JohnnyTapwater wrote:That comment smelled douchey...

I'm hoping he's just spreading it on thick for the media or I'm misunderstanding that whole vibe...

Well, he didn't make the comment, he just "liked" it. Right? But, it wouldn't be the first douchey thing to fly out of his mouth recently. Even if his family has a lot of money, I'm sure it's not something his parents want him talking about to anyone, let alone the media. Not even confirming that they are "loaded". Most people who really have real money, FU type money, they don't talk about it.....

Unless, of course, you are the POTUS.... and he sounds like more of a douchebag when he talks about it than anybody. lol
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#284 » by Red Larrivee » Sat Jun 2, 2018 11:22 pm

bad knees wrote:Video is not worthless. Good to see him in a defensive stance and showing that his quickness enabled him to stay with decent smaller players one on one. Also, the effortlessness of the offense was impressive. He dominated on both sides of the ball. Do you think that he was the only one trying and all the other guys were going half speed? Obviously not as useful as a game tape, but helpful nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

It's a game of one-on-one...at a high school basketball camp. Using it to determine anything about a player is completely useless.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,102

Post#285 » by Chi town » Sat Jun 2, 2018 11:28 pm

Ralphb07 wrote:At 7 I want Michael Porter all the way. If he’s gone that’s where it gets tricky for me as I can’t settle on one. So I’m in the as long as Paxson choses one of Bamba, Carter, Knox, Mikal, Miles or Young I’m just going to trust it and hope it was the right guy.

Ralph, how do you see him helpin us. 3 4 or both?
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#286 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat Jun 2, 2018 11:43 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
thewraith wrote:I definitely know how to build a jumper seeing I'm pretty sure my jumper is light years better than yours lol.....

Get out of here with this superficial non sense because I don't agree with you........

Public school is failing people too much nowadays because what the hell does football being different than basketball have to do with my point regarding learning mechanics? I will wait.

If you know how to build a jumper than why are you so anti when it comes to Bambas progress? All signs point to positive.

You’re apparently quite the intellectual forgive me oh smart one.

wow.. Not sure what the wraith's jumper, public schools or football has to do with any of this? .. but, hey, if his jumper is wet, and perhaps he was homeschooled by a group of handpicked geniuses on shooting a basketball and life knowledge in general then, well.... I guess we'll just have to take his word for it- Bamba will never have a jumper. :lol:
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,379

Post#287 » by The Box Office » Sat Jun 2, 2018 11:49 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:At 7 I want Michael Porter all the way. If he’s gone that’s where it gets tricky for me as I can’t settle on one. So I’m in the as long as Paxson choses one of Bamba, Carter, Knox, Mikal, Miles or Young I’m just going to trust it and hope it was the right guy.

I'm going to trust Pax too on this. If he picks MPJ, I will assume he has a very good reason for doing it. He hit on Lauri last year and that was who I wanted. Paxson has always drafted well, if you believe that he let Gar make some of the deals that went sideways. The McDermott thing had to be Gar, too much Iowa influence in that one... Snell? Gar. New Mexico. Not going to cry about picks in the 20's not hitting anyway. One thing our FO has done well overall is draft. Other than a few mistakes when Gar was seemingly at the helm, Paxson has a very strong history.

No. Eff that. Paxson is just as responsible as Gar for all those HUGE mistakes. Plus, Tyrus Thomas and Marquis Teague.

And if Michael Porter drops, that's a super red flag. Porter proclaimed to be the best player in the draft. And he drops during the draft?? LOL LMAO. Oh man. Jordan, Rose, and LeBron, and Kobe never said that about themselves before Draft Night. SMFH.
thewraith
Junior
And1: 109

Post#288 » by thewraith » Sat Jun 2, 2018 11:50 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
thewraith wrote:I definitely know how to build a jumper seeing I'm pretty sure my jumper is light years better than yours lol.....

Get out of here with this superficial non sense because I don't agree with you........

Public school is failing people too much nowadays because what the hell does football being different than basketball have to do with my point regarding learning mechanics? I will wait.

If you know how to build a jumper than why are you so anti when it comes to Bambas progress? All signs point to positive.

wow.. Not sure what the wraith's jumper, public schools or football has to do with any of this? .. but, hey, if his jumper is wet, and perhaps he was homeschooled by a group of handpicked geniuses on shooting a basketball and life knowledge in general then, well.... I guess we'll just have to take his word for it- Bamba will never have a jumper. :lol:
If you wasn't on the I have had words with this person so I'm going to be bias troupe you'd see how all these things connect. Shame the Internet disagreements have y'all so triggered smh.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#289 » by JimmyJammer » Sat Jun 2, 2018 11:55 pm

da pmp wrote:No GM is ever going to take MPJ over Bamba or JJJ, they simply are way way smarter than a majority of this board who thinks MPJ is a messiah.
This guy is going to be the biggest bust of the century, can you say Adam Morrison?

And, this is fine with Porter because all he is staring at is #7. The Bulls are doing their due diligence by bringing Bamba over and to hide the fact that there has been a promise made, but in the end they'll draft Porter, whether it is at number 5, through a trade, or at number 7. Deal with it, it's inevitable.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#290 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat Jun 2, 2018 11:56 pm

thewraith wrote:If you wasn't on the I have had words with this person so I'm going to be bias troupe you'd see how all these things connect. Shame the Internet disagreements have y'all so triggered smh.

You are the one who has to be abrasive and insulting to posters here. It's one thing to talk about players or teams, or basketball with a tone, but don't take one towards people who are long time respected posters here, like KILLroy. If you were to go back and look at his post history, you'll find he's quite insightful and intelligent when it comes to evaluating basketball players. I just think you went too far with disrespect. But, don't mind me, son. Carry on.
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#291 » by Ralphb07 » Sun Jun 3, 2018 12:05 am

Chi town wrote:

Ralph, how do you see him helpin us. 3 4 or both?

I think he plays both.
thewraith
Junior
And1: 109

Post#292 » by thewraith » Sun Jun 3, 2018 12:06 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
thewraith wrote:If you wasn't on the I have had words with this person so I'm going to be bias troupe you'd see how all these things connect. Shame the Internet disagreements have y'all so triggered smh.

You are the one who has to be abrasive and insulting to posters here. It's one thing to talk about players or teams, or basketball with a tone, but don't take one towards people who are long time respected posters here, like KILLroy. If you were to go back and look at his post history, you'll find he's quite insightful and intelligent when it comes to evaluating basketball players. I just think you went too far with disrespect. But, don't mind me, son. Carry on.
See this is the problem right here justice league. There is no bleeping thing as tone in text. That's all something you've made up not me. You don't know how I feel you're just assuming and that's on you not me. I don't care about some bs like long time respected posters. The topic we were posting about is pretty simple regarding learning something and applying it outside of practice and since he couldn't understand that I did question his understanding skills on that issue. I think you went to far playing superhero for a grown man on the grounds of tone when we aren't even talking but typing.

I'm not abrasive to anybody. We are just going back and forth talking basketball what the hell are you talking about abrasive? Please return to your safe space. I'm just shooting the stuff and replying to people please stop catching feelings like I'm insulting people parents and the like. Most of my post are regular with some "snark" included at times but insulting lol.
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,379

Post#293 » by The Box Office » Sun Jun 3, 2018 12:11 am

MrSparkle wrote:
taj2133 wrote:More
The Chicago Bulls will "walk away" with either Wendell Carter Jr, Mo Bamba or Mikal Bridges at draft night. Other prospects aren´t getting much attention from the Bulls front office.
https://twitter.com/TheReporterNBA
https://twitter.com/DarnellMayberry

I trust Pax on this draft. In all honesty, #7 should be easy. Literally a no-brainer. It's gonna come down to: "Are the alternatives to Mikal just that high a risk?" But they're basically taking the last of the top prospects. I don't see how you pass on Trae, Carter or Bamba for Mikal, unless they're plain gone and it's a toss-up between him and MPJ's issues.

If he somehow ****s it up, then off with this FO's head.

That said, there will be atleast 1 sleeper star in the 9-14 crop. Could be any one of Miles, Knox, Khyrie, Shai, Zhaire, etc. It'd be a huge bummer if one of them ends up being better than the Bulls' pick, such as Mikal.

Sounds like you don't want Mikal Bridges here. That's fine. But oh man, I got the memo. You didn't get the memo?

Whatever happens, GarPax is not going anywhere. They're never going to be fired.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#294 » by Proven_Winner » Sun Jun 3, 2018 12:43 am

Right along with you brother. I trust our process of drafting more than most teams period. They’ll make the right pick.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#295 » by JimmyJammer » Sun Jun 3, 2018 12:43 am

As far as I am concerned, the draft won't start for me until pick number 5. We all know that the first 4 picks will be Ayton, Doncic, Bagley and JJJ, in whatever order. Dallas is the wildcard here because they can easily go for Porter if somehow another team picks Bamba over JJJ, or if they decide that's who they like. I have not heard anything about the Bulls being interested in JJJ, so Wendell is next on line.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#296 » by GimmeDat » Sun Jun 3, 2018 12:59 am

Dream scenario (this has very little chance of occurring) - Bamba at 7, MPJ falls out of top 10, trade up from 22 and get him. The flaw in this idea though is that for Bamba drop, you're almost relying on MPJ to go before him. Only other alternative is both Young and Carter go before Bamba.

MPJ at 7, I am nervous with. But I do think he'll be transparent with the Bulls because he clearly wants to land here, so I put trust in their evaluation.

I'm just completely on the Bamba train right now.

Want to tighten up my (realistic) favourites for #22 as well -

Tier 1

Troy Brown
Elie Okobo
Kevin Heurter
Lonnie Walker Jr. (~maybe less realistic range wise)
TheHrvReport
Bench Warmer
And1: 798

Post#297 » by TheHrvReport » Sun Jun 3, 2018 1:17 am

GimmeDat wrote:Dream scenario (this has very little chance of occurring) - Bamba at 7, MPJ falls out of top 10, trade up from 22 and get him. The flaw in this idea though is that for Bamba drop, you're almost relying on MPJ to go before him. Only other alternative is both Young and Carter go before Bamba.

MPJ at 7, I am nervous with. But I do think he'll be transparent with the Bulls because he clearly wants to land here, so I put trust in their evaluation.

Tier 1

Troy Brown
Elie Okobo
Kevin Heurter

Mitchell Robinson at #22? Especially if we go with a wing/guard at #7.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#298 » by GimmeDat » Sun Jun 3, 2018 1:24 am

TheHrvReport wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Dream scenario (this has very little chance of occurring) - Bamba at 7, MPJ falls out of top 10, trade up from 22 and get him. The flaw in this idea though is that for Bamba drop, you're almost relying on MPJ to go before him. Only other alternative is both Young and Carter go before Bamba.

Tier 1

Troy Brown
Elie Okobo
Kevin Heurter

Was tempted to include him but I don't know what to think with him, seems like teams are a bit put off. But he's definitely a guy we should consider, you're right.
TheHrvReport
Bench Warmer
And1: 798

Post#299 » by TheHrvReport » Sun Jun 3, 2018 1:28 am

GimmeDat wrote:
TheHrvReport wrote:

Tier 1

Troy Brown
Elie Okobo
Kevin Heurter

Was tempted to include him but I don't know what to think with him, seems like teams are a bit put off. But he's definitely a guy we should consider, you're right.

He's sounded like a complete airhead in interviews but his measurements and some of the clips i've seen of his workouts wowed me. The only thing with a MPJ/Robinson situation is we're banking on two guys that have essentially played no college ball and basing their future on high school/AAU games. Very high risk.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,693

Post#300 » by fleet » Sun Jun 3, 2018 1:45 am

thewraith wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:

If you wasn't on the I have had words with this person so I'm going to be bias troupe you'd see how all these things connect. Shame the Internet disagreements have y'all so triggered smh.

dial it down

Return to Chicago Bulls