ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Offseason Training (UPDATE: Lowry Workout Footage Pg23)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,852

Re: Raptors Offseason Training Thread 

Post#21 » by VancouverRaps » Tue Jun 5, 2018 2:55 am

Get the whole damn team to train with Alexander
We the Champs
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#22 » by nabbs » Tue Jun 5, 2018 2:57 am

To me, P3 and David are at the forefront of at sport specific strength and conditioning

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,485

Post#23 » by PhilBlackson » Tue Jun 5, 2018 3:07 am

I know OG has trained with Dipo in the past. Hope he does so again n that maybe Victor can link him with Alexander when Serge ain't around to ruin the workout.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Post#24 » by VinBaker6 » Tue Jun 5, 2018 3:11 am

nabbs wrote:To me, P3 and David are at the forefront of at sport specific strength and conditioning

Get DeMar to work with him instead of schooling Drew league scrubs. He could use the boost in athleticism

S/O to TZ!
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Post#25 » by raptor jesus » Tue Jun 5, 2018 4:44 am

xavis wrote:
RaptorPride wrote:
nabbs wrote:I am actually encouraged by this. I used to be a Kin student and had to take quite a few biomechanics course for my major. David Alexander knows what he is doing

You think it will make a difference in his game next year?

Can David Alexander make Serge Ibaka 28 again? If so, it will have a difference on his game.

Serge's issues are rooted in his lack of aggression, poor feel, limited skill set WAY MORE than his declining athleticism. It's not like prime Serge was also a knock down shooter w/ a working handle capable of making quick decisions. Yeah, he could block shots, but he could also linger around the paint in helpside back then - which isn't as feasible in today's spread out NBA. My point is, plug prime Serge into the Raps system; he still bricks a ton of shots, travels frequently, generally makes slow (and often bad) decisions with the ball, and shrinks on the boards.

Good to see him working out though. :wink:
HOOOMAN
Starter
And1: 3,186

Post#26 » by HOOOMAN » Tue Jun 5, 2018 2:13 pm

i saw bruno training with paul fabritz(james hardens trainer) on instagram in raptors camo shorts lol
2yearsaway
Freshman
And1: 101

Post#27 » by 2yearsaway » Tue Jun 5, 2018 3:29 pm

xavis wrote:
RaptorPride wrote:
nabbs wrote:I am actually encouraged by this. I used to be a Kin student and had to take quite a few biomechanics course for my major. David Alexander knows what he is doing

You think it will make a difference in his game next year?

Can David Alexander make Serge Ibaka 28 again? If so, it will have a difference on his game.

He was never 28. He was born 35
nabbs
RealGM

Post#28 » by nabbs » Sat Jun 9, 2018 6:33 pm

Any updates boys? Saw a video shoot with Mark Deeks and OG and Serge continues to train with David Alexander (John Wall, CJ McCollum and Oladipo all working with him as well)........ Any other updates on guys? I also saw Pascal is in LA

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
Uncle Dennis
General Manager
And1: 12,096

Post#29 » by Uncle Dennis » Sat Jun 9, 2018 9:44 pm

nabbs wrote:Any updates boys? Saw a video shoot with Mark Deeks and OG and Serge continues to train with David Alexander (John Wall, CJ McCollum and Oladipo all working with him as well)........ Any other updates on guys? I also saw Pascal is in LA

OG better be working on those handles. Lol Derozan probably hasn't even started training yet.
nabbs
RealGM

Post#30 » by nabbs » Sat Jun 9, 2018 9:49 pm

xavis wrote:
nabbs wrote:Any updates boys? Saw a video shoot with Mark Deeks and OG and Serge continues to train with David Alexander (John Wall, CJ McCollum and Oladipo all working with him as well)........ Any other updates on guys? I also saw Pascal is in LA

OG better be working on those handles. Lol Derozan probably hasn't even started training yet.

God I hope they challenged him defensively because we desperately need him to do that. I don’t even care if he never develops a three at this point, just work on being a 2 way player.

C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,710

Post#31 » by C_Money » Sat Jun 9, 2018 9:59 pm

nabbs wrote:
xavis wrote:

God I hope they challenged him defensively because we desperately need him to do that. I don’t even care if he never develops a three at this point, just work on being a 2 way player.

He can play defence if he wants. He just doesn’t give a sh*t most the time.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,461

Post#32 » by Mikistan » Sat Jun 9, 2018 10:16 pm

VinBaker6 wrote:
nabbs wrote:To me, P3 and David are at the forefront of at sport specific strength and conditioning

Get DeMar to work with him instead of schooling Drew league scrubs. He could use the boost in athleticism

I think you mean throwing the ball at drew league refs
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#33 » by HeadtopChunes » Sat Jun 9, 2018 10:40 pm

Intrested to see what happens with Jakob he really needs to get stronger.
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#34 » by lebron stopper » Sat Jun 9, 2018 10:44 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:Intrested to see what happens with Jakob he really needs to get stronger.

And fully grow out his beard.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#35 » by HeadtopChunes » Sat Jun 9, 2018 10:51 pm

lebron stopper wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:Intrested to see what happens with Jakob he really needs to get stronger.

Jakob for MVP
soloxylo
General Manager
And1: 12,204

Post#36 » by soloxylo » Sat Jun 9, 2018 11:18 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
lebron stopper wrote:

Jakob for MVP

Yakub Harden.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,798

Post#37 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Jun 9, 2018 11:29 pm

We should be following future Raptors like Lebron James too.
BJaysRaps
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,729

Post#38 » by BJaysRaps » Sat Jun 9, 2018 11:39 pm

WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#39 » by WeTheNorth123 » Sat Jun 9, 2018 11:47 pm

HOOOMAN wrote:

i saw bruno training with paul fabritz(james hardens trainer) on instagram in raptors camo shorts lol

That boy looks in shape...

...this is what i feared most, we essentially waste a draft pick and develop him for a few years until he is ready to contribute for the Kings

that would suck
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#40 » by Throwback24 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:23 am

Clementine9 wrote:All of Ibaka's workouts should involve catching a ball and finishing around the rim. Have a ball and a rim around at all times. Learn to catch, get better hands.

I promise you I know more about Ibaka and his limitations than anyone employed by the Raptors. I can train him
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.

Return to Toronto Raptors