Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,942

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXII 

Post#181 » by payitforward » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:03 am

stilldropin20 wrote:
payitforward wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:...here's the thing. Trump cant really direct a lawyer to do something illegal. the lawyer is suppose to know better, not trump. The lawyer is suppose to say...mr trump...we cant do it that way. and if Cohen didn't know better then COHEN needed to hire an attorney that knew campaign finance. now...it that happend? and trump said still do it after being told its illegal!? OK...if that's what we got? then i'm ready to impeach trump. But that aint what we got here. I doubt even cohen says it happened that way.

You're wrong on these points:
"Ignorance of the law is no excuse" is the way I remember it being expressed.

I do kind of like your idea, however. If it were put in practice, we'd find that hit men tended to start their careers after graduating law school & passing the Bar exam.

"I'd like you to off this guy."

"Where does he live?"

"He lives in Utah."

"I'm sorry; I'm not licensed to practice in Utah."

:)

yeah...true...when 2 hard core criminals get together to conspire to commit crimes.

However, when a billionaire hire a NY attorney who has an office and residence in the very expensive trump tower in uptown NY the assumption is that you have a competent lawyer.

Sigh... sorry, no. The law is, in every case, meant to be independent of the individuals involved.

Then again, logic isn't your strong point, is it?

stilldropin20 wrote:...Now if Trump was a terrible president with terrible ideas and terrible everything and ruining the economy? Ruining trade. ruining our jobs market. ruining our credit markets? Sure. get him out. But there is strong evidence that he is in fact repairing all of those things. and I will continue to support trump.

Double sigh... it wouldn't matter if he was "repairing" all or any of those things you think need repairing (they don't). The American Revolution didn't create a new monarchy, it created a republic in which everyone is subject to the law.

But, of course, he isn't "repairing" any of those things. He has had no effect on the US economy.

The graphs show the economy sailing along independent of the President -- independent of the Presidency -- as it pretty much always does.
stilldropin20 wrote:And as i said, i started out a bernie supporter.<--not because i believed Bernies ideas could work. they cant. he would have to rob peter to pay paul and weaken the USA globally because Peter is the US military. But bernie wants to tax the uber wealthy and everyone who has been reading my stuff knows that ultimately i want to tax the uber wealthy.

But to tax the wealthy efficiently and appropriately, you must first repatriate their wealth. and then punish them for removing the wealth. then tax it at higher rates.<--before any of that happens we need the wealth back in the US, a strong jobs market, a strong credit market, a strong stock market, etc....all of which are necessary to repatriate wealth from abroad.

So trump is step 1.

We'll see how far trump admin gets to see who is step 2. A guy like Bernie is about step 5 or step 6.

Your ability to come up with meaningless crapola is really over the top. If there were any money in bullsh|t you'd be forking it in.

stilldropin20 wrote:...The DOJ has too much corruptible power without congressional oversight. So step 1 with trump will be to remove a lot of that power and make them more transparent to the american people. all of them. from the president on down. This stuff must be immediately available via FOIA and unredacted....

LOL. You really ought to try reading the Constitution of the United States. Or maybe take a grade school level class on US history.

I'll add that the idea of a President working to reduce the power of an executive department by way of the legislative branch is so brain dead, so ignorant, that all on its own -- let alone the other rafts of nonsense you spew unendingly from the ends of your fingertips w/ no noticeable interaction from a brain -- it would qualify you as a fool.

I was born in Chicago & lived there almost three decades; I'm back there a few times each year to visit family. Never in all my years have I met anyone in Chicago who is as big a jackass as stildropin, not a single person. & we do have some doozies.

I apologize to all here for the representation this guy makes of one of the great cities in the world, one of the great places to live & work, a place full of opportunity & with a pretty much unbreakable optimism. He doesn't represent us.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
stilldropin20
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#182 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:48 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
like i said, its a full rebuild.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#183 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:56 am

payitforward wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:
payitforward wrote:You're wrong on these points:
"Ignorance of the law is no excuse" is the way I remember it being expressed.

I do kind of like your idea, however. If it were put in practice, we'd find that hit men tended to start their careers after graduating law school & passing the Bar exam.

"I'd like you to off this guy."

"Where does he live?"

"He lives in Utah."

"I'm sorry; I'm not licensed to practice in Utah."

:)

yeah...true...when 2 hard core criminals get together to conspire to commit crimes.

However, when a billionaire hire a NY attorney who has an office and residence in the very expensive trump tower in uptown NY the assumption is that you have a competent lawyer.

Sigh... sorry, no. The law is, in every case, meant to be independent of the individuals involved.

Then again, logic isn't your strong point, is it?

stilldropin20 wrote:...Now if Trump was a terrible president with terrible ideas and terrible everything and ruining the economy? Ruining trade. ruining our jobs market. ruining our credit markets? Sure. get him out. But there is strong evidence that he is in fact repairing all of those things. and I will continue to support trump.

Double sigh... it wouldn't matter if he was "repairing" all or any of those things you think need repairing (they don't). The American Revolution didn't create a new monarchy, it created a republic in which everyone is subject to the law.

But, of course, he isn't "repairing" any of those things. He has had no effect on the US economy.

The graphs show the economy sailing along independent of the President -- independent of the Presidency -- as it pretty much always does.
stilldropin20 wrote:And as i said, i started out a bernie supporter.<--not because i believed Bernies ideas could work. they cant. he would have to rob peter to pay paul and weaken the USA globally because Peter is the US military. But bernie wants to tax the uber wealthy and everyone who has been reading my stuff knows that ultimately i want to tax the uber wealthy.

But to tax the wealthy efficiently and appropriately, you must first repatriate their wealth. and then punish them for removing the wealth. then tax it at higher rates.<--before any of that happens we need the wealth back in the US, a strong jobs market, a strong credit market, a strong stock market, etc....all of which are necessary to repatriate wealth from abroad.

So trump is step 1.

We'll see how far trump admin gets to see who is step 2. A guy like Bernie is about step 5 or step 6.

Your ability to come up with meaningless crapola is really over the top. If there were any money in bullsh|t you'd be forking it in.

stilldropin20 wrote:...The DOJ has too much corruptible power without congressional oversight. So step 1 with trump will be to remove a lot of that power and make them more transparent to the american people. all of them. from the president on down. This stuff must be immediately available via FOIA and unredacted....

LOL. You really ought to try reading the Constitution of the United States. Or maybe take a grade school level class on US history.

I'll add that the idea of a President working to reduce the power of an executive department by way of the legislative branch is so brain dead, so ignorant, that all on its own -- let alone the other rafts of nonsense you spew unendingly from the ends of your fingertips w/ no noticeable interaction from a brain -- it would qualify you as a fool.

I was born in Chicago & lived there almost three decades; I'm back there a few times each year to visit family. Never in all my years have I met anyone in Chicago who is as big a jackass as stildropin, not a single person. & we do have some doozies.

I apologize to all here for the representation this guy makes of one of the great cities in the world, one of the great places to live & work, a place full of opportunity & with a pretty much unbreakable optimism. He doesn't represent us.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,192

Post#184 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:52 am

:lol: It never ends ...

Read on Twitter

(CNN) -- A former Trump World Tower doorman who says he has knowledge of an alleged affair President Donald Trump had with an ex-housekeeper, which resulted in a child, is now able to talk about a contract he entered with American Media Inc. that had prohibited him from discussing the matter with anyone, according to his attorney.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#185 » by keynote » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:06 am

Sedale Threatt wrote: It never ends ...

Read on Twitter

(CNN) -- A former Trump World Tower doorman who says he has knowledge of an alleged affair President Donald Trump had with an ex-housekeeper, which resulted in a child, is now able to talk about a contract he entered with American Media Inc. that had prohibited him from discussing the matter with anyone, according to his attorney.
Somebody tell Pusha T...

Sent from my Pixel using RealGM mobile app
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,643

Post#186 » by pancakes3 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:30 am

i would love for someone to come out with a legit DJT diss track
Bullets -> Wizards
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,710

Post#187 » by montestewart » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:04 am

stilldropin20 wrote:
Read on Twitter

One of the most moronic, idiotic right wing la la land stories I've ever seen posted on the internet. Hall of Famey, it is.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,362

Post#188 » by Kanyewest » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:45 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote::lol: It never ends ...

Read on Twitter

Donald Trump won the White Evangelical Christian vote by a margin of 64 points, 80%-16%.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/how-the-faithful-voted-a-preliminary-2016-analysis/
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,643

Post#189 » by pancakes3 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:23 pm

Read on Twitter
Bullets -> Wizards
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#190 » by JWizmentality » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:48 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Of course he doesn't know there are no blue stripes. I don't think he'd get a single question right on the citizenship test.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#191 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:07 pm

Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#192 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:12 pm

who are the real racists?
Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#193 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:17 pm

oh shxt, dis guy is good!!! took his speaking cues from Appollo Creed rocky 1. Combat Vet...I like him! Hope he wins in michigan. And i'm going to say it now...anyone who doesn't vote for this man is a racist!! anyone on this board who doesn't declare him the best man for the job is a racist!! anybody who talks crap about him is a racist!
Read on Twitter
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,847

Post#194 » by Pointgod » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:23 pm

stilldropin20 wrote:who are the real racists?
Read on Twitter

Republicans are the real racists. Get the **** outta here with your bull.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,847

Post#195 » by Pointgod » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:24 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Painfully stupid. Jesus America get your **** together how could you vote for this **** moron.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,135

Post#196 » by dckingsfan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:34 pm

payitforward wrote:

Deficit

Jobs graph

GDP Growth

Wage Growth - not
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/realer.nr0.htm

From July 2017 to July 2018, real average hourly earnings decreased 0.4 percent, seasonally adjusted. Combining the change in real average hourly earnings with a 0.3-percent increase in the average workweek resulted in a 0.1-percent decrease in real average weekly earnings over this period.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,135

Post#197 » by dckingsfan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:35 pm

stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#198 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:36 pm

^^^hey libs(mods), we should do a poll. I think Nate, Popper, and myself are the only conservatives and trumpsters on here. Given that it is only us 3 we should have a poll and see if any of the mud you have flung on trump has swayed any of us and if we would change our minds and votes.

because in reality. The 3 of us are not trying to change your minds to vote for Trump. We know you wont. We merely defend his policies and at times him personally because most of your attacks are on him personally.

I mean either you guys are bat shxt crazy or you actually think there is a chance you change our mind, right? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are trying to change our minds and therefore swing our votes your way. So in the interest of measuring your effectiveness you should poll us each week and we can give you some feedback as to which kind of mudslinging is most effective and registers the most conviction to change our votes and you can spread the word around as to how to polish up your "message."
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#199 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:59 pm

how comes y'all never attack bezos and amazon? Trump does. Often. Why dont you?
Read on Twitter
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,710

Post#200 » by montestewart » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:20 pm

Because liberals love all rich billionaires who pay no taxes, pay minimum wages, destroy the environment, and undermine democracy. Except Trump. He's the only billionaire liberals hate. Just Trump. Blind hate without logic or reason. Trump! Down with Trump! Up with all other billionaires!

You have to admire a man who can accrue an income of 1 trillion dollars in a mere 10 years. No wonder Trump is so envious of Bezos' true business acumen. Bezos has never gone bankrupt, and Trump is what, on the verge of his 4th bankruptcy? And how about the pedophile sex ring in the basement of Trump Tower? The Washington Post doesn't have a basement, all the reporting is above board. Bezos shows up in jeans and looks better dressed than president Big Mac with his million dollar suits bought on taxpayer dollars. Trump's tailor has been given immunity. Trump's walls are tumbling down before he can even get them funded.

Return to Washington Wizards