Post#61 » by karkinos » Tue May 5, 2020 8:56 pm

way too many misses to count
half the people i watch regularly don't even make it to the pros
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 4,981

Re: Hall Of Fame Misses 

Post#62 » by King Ken » Thu May 21, 2020 6:23 am

UcanUwill wrote:Thabeet recent news reminded me of this. Even tho I am big Euro fanboy, I was not very high on MArc Gasol going into the league. I remember when Gasol went to Memphis, team also acquired 2 other international bigs - Darko Milicic and Hammed Haddadi. I was thinking that that situation is fascinating, I was like, well, they got 3 very similar caliber centers ( :nonono: ), none of them really starter caliber but I think all 3 are above average bench players, I am very interested in their minute distribution. I remember talking about this with my friend, and we both agreed Darko Milicic is the most competent starter out of all 3 :nonono:
And then when Memphis drafted Thabeet, I was like - well, here gos Marc Gasol starter status for good.

Haseem Thabeet is fascinating case, because i swear every fan I listened or read, told how Thabeet is a sure 100% BUST. Like every casual fan knew Thabeet is a bust and a huge useless reach, yet all Professionals had him going top 3 in the draft. Explain me how this is possible?

Bamba is the same way. I am sky-high on Bamba but some of the biggest causals were like, he's a bust, do not want. They were right to a degree. He does show the talent and potential to be excellent even now but his fundamentals might have been worse than his lack of strength. Atlanta drafted Reddish and he had the same issue as Bamba. Both went to Westtown. Atlanta had to drill in on Cam's fundamentals daily like we're a college program.

It was extremely bad. Cam wasn't raw from a talent or skill perceptive. He was rare and special at that but he was GARBAGE at fundamentals. It was like a damn HS Soph trying to play professional Basketball. **** was worse than when Lou Williams came from South Gwinnett to the Sixers on offense. On defense, I don't know how but Cam was like a damn college senior mentally. I never have seen no **** like this in my life. How can one man be so fundamentally sound on one end, and so fundamentally **** up on the other end?

For me, I missed on Thabeet because I kept comparing him to Deke. Deke has so much more Basketball sense and intelligence. Deke was going to Georgetown to be a doctor. He was just a much smarter basketball player. He also was motivated, while Thabeet wasn't. Thabeet did have potential but I learned a valuable lesson about potential. It has to be earned not given.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 4,168

Post#63 » by Marcus » Sun May 24, 2020 10:15 pm

If something changes next year I'll deny ever posting this lol but I think it's time to pull the trigger on Josh Jackson and Dennis Smith Jr. I had both as build around guys truly thought they would be in at least tier two convo for their respective positions by now. Big miss on both. I will say I don't think either have been giving ideal situations thus far but there still should have been something shown by this point.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation
karkinos
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,773

Post#64 » by karkinos » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:57 pm

food for thought

Return to NBA Draft