ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1581 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:34 am

stellation wrote:iPhone question- is there a way to not have a phone call come in over the top of a specific app when that app is in use? My work moved over to webex for their conference facility, it has a pretty nifty app and you can either connect for voice on the phone via your Internet connection or via it calling you/you calling it; the voice quality is generally better and app less cumbersome if I use the Internet connection (the webex number for my company is also a VOIP connection from the US that isn't crystal clear) so I prefer that, but if someone rings me in that time the phone call overrules the open app.

Ideally I'd like to just be able to have something like "when this specific app is open and in use don't interrupt with voice calls".

No, unless something has changed since I looked into it ~2 years ago - and a quick google search says that's not the case. I don't think Android can do this either (not trying to make it an argument - just sharing what I know).
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#1582 » by stellation » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:02 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
stellation wrote:iPhone question- is there a way to not have a phone call come in over the top of a specific app when that app is in use? My work moved over to webex for their conference facility, it has a pretty nifty app and you can either connect for voice on the phone via your Internet connection or via it calling you/you calling it; the voice quality is generally better and app less cumbersome if I use the Internet connection (the webex number for my company is also a VOIP connection from the US that isn't crystal clear) so I prefer that, but if someone rings me in that time the phone call overrules the open app.

Ideally I'd like to just be able to have something like "when this specific app is open and in use don't interrupt with voice calls".

No, unless something has changed since I looked into it ~2 years ago - and a quick google search says that's not the case. I don't think Android can do this either (not trying to make it an argument - just sharing what I know).

Nuts, thanks for that- you've confirmed my "I think this might not be a thing you can do" fears from my own quick googling.

Kinda sucks, it's be neat (but I get it's a phone first and foremost).
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#1583 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:11 am

Gears 5 is fun. Series has never been my thing but it might be worth a couple nights rental from your local RedBox.

The game does suffer from the fact that the best riffle you'll probably use all game is the one you start with.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#1584 » by truly » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:50 am

Greedfall is getting good reviews.I saw a little bit of gameplay and liked it.I will probably buy it once i find time to play.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#1585 » by KidA24 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:57 pm

stellation wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Nuts, thanks for that- you've confirmed my "I think this might not be a thing you can do" fears from my own quick googling.

I don't think you can do it for a specific app, but you could schedule DND (and do it recurring) I believe, if you have a regular meeting or something like that.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
jmuelly
Junior
And1: 88

Post#1586 » by jmuelly » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:28 pm

stellation wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Would DND work? I think it may prevent text messages too though.

Edit: didn't read far enough to see it suggested
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,625

Post#1587 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:32 pm

Hoping to spend some time this weekend with the COD MW beta. Should have more game modes this weekend other than 2v2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#FreeChuckDiesel
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#1588 » by crkone » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:17 pm

jmuelly wrote:
stellation wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Would DND work? I think it may prevent text messages too though.

Edit: didn't read far enough to see it suggested
KidA24 wrote:
stellation wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I don't think you can do it for a specific app, but you could schedule DND (and do it recurring) I believe, if you have a regular meeting or something like that.

On Android, at least the newer version, you can DND and give exceptions to apps. I still don't know if DND would still work while using that other app though.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#1589 » by stellation » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 pm

I'll check out DND and see if that helps/the app works, I hadn't thought of that- I'm cool to not have messages turn up etc. :)
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucknado
Sixth Man
And1: 1,195

Post#1590 » by Bucknado » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:44 pm

Started a MyTeam in 2K and got Antetokounmpo in a pack! :D

It was Thanasis. :(
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1591 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:28 am

God the wait for BL3 is tough. I looked at the slideshow on IGN tonight of all the Legendaries they've found and picked out some early favorites and I'm gonna go hard after. Gamestop is gonna be open at 9:00 pm tomorrow and I'll be there to pick it up.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1592 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:43 am

ReasonablySober wrote:God the wait for BL3 is tough. I looked at the slideshow on IGN tonight of all the Legendaries they've found and picked out some early favorites and I'm gonna go hard after. Gamestop is gonna be open at 9:00 pm tomorrow and I'll be there to pick it up.

Yep. I had pre-ordered from Best Buy and opted for delivery as sometimes it is early a day. Well, not this time - it hasn't shipped yet. Ugh.
jmuelly
Junior

Post#1593 » by jmuelly » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:20 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:God the wait for BL3 is tough. I looked at the slideshow on IGN tonight of all the Legendaries they've found and picked out some early favorites and I'm gonna go hard after. Gamestop is gonna be open at 9:00 pm tomorrow and I'll be there to pick it up.

Never played a borderlands title before would I be entirely lost. What does it compare to, I know its A looter shooter, I’ve enjoyed division but that’s more realistic guns and such. Is it kid appropriate? I know there is some swearing, I am fine with that unless it turns sexual or f bombs and inappropriate gestures. I myself play mature games but being cartoonish my kids may think they could do if I ever opted to get it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1594 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:26 pm

jmuelly wrote:

Never played a borderlands title before would I be entirely lost. What does it compare to, I know its A looter shooter, I’ve enjoyed division but that’s more realistic guns and such. Is it kid appropriate? I know there is some swearing, I am fine with that unless it turns sexual or f bombs and inappropriate gestures. I myself play mature games but being cartoonish my kids may think they could do if I ever opted to get it.

Have you ever been a Diablo player? It's like a shooter Diablo 3 in a lot of ways. You're constantly picking up new gear, health, and ammunition. There's not much in the way of tactical maneuvering, it's just offense, offense, offense and finding the most efficient ways to kill stuff.

Abilities, buffs, passives, the right shields, and relics are vitally important (particularly at the higher levels) to how well that gun you like dispatches baddies. But there are mind-bending combinations that can make really just about any play-style viable.

One thing about the new Borderlands I don't see talked enough about is how much better the actual shooting seems to be. Apparently the devs studied Destiny, and you can tell. The sound and just the overall feel of shooting looks to be massively improved.

Here's a solid video of the gun manufacturers and the variety of guns:

https://youtu.be/01MOlAL1efw?t=34

One thing that sucks about the video is whoever is playing rarely aims down the sites, which makes for really awful shooting.

But while the guns are important, more important are the abilities/skill trees. Here's a solid video to check out to see if anything grabs your attention:

Superfito
Senior
And1: 82

Post#1595 » by Superfito » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:54 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
jmuelly wrote:

Have you ever been a Diablo player?

Diablo / Destiny in a cool looking cell shaded open world. The guns are procedurally generated - and well actually - so there pretty much infinite guns.
jmuelly
Junior

Post#1596 » by jmuelly » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:02 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
jmuelly wrote:

Have you ever been a Diablo player?

No but I've played a little of destiny 2. I played through the story at least.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1597 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:02 pm

jmuelly wrote:

BL is certainly not kid appropriate.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,867

Post#1598 » by engelmartin » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:12 pm

My buddy has been working on System Shock 3 for years and they're finally getting close to finishing it. The newest trailer looks kind of sweet. Warren Spector came out of retirement to work on it, had nothing to do with the new Deus Exs.
[youtube]https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09/11/system-shock-3-watch-the-new-gameplay-trailer?fbclid=IwAR34NJ57wpkGnW0nosGlkAWbOJEkcb1ek1nflja395KWyHsmCB0b05c3A4w[/youtube]
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,867

Post#1599 » by engelmartin » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:13 pm

[quote="engelmartin"]My buddy has been working on System Shock 3 for years and they're finally getting close to finishing it. The newest trailer looks kind of sweet. Warren Spector came out of retirement to work on it, had nothing to do with the new Deus Exs.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1600 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:19 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
jmuelly wrote:

BL is certainly not kid appropriate.

I'd say it's got PG-13 humor/language with some obviously bloody animation that is dulled a bit by the cartoonish artwork.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks