ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXVII

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,738

Re: Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXVII 

Post#1321 » by gambitx777 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 7:52 am

IDK. I mean i think he has a problem with wall not the team and wall could get moved sometime in the future.
Nyk4lyfe
Sixth Man
And1: 565

Post#1322 » by Nyk4lyfe » Fri Feb 8, 2019 8:23 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Jimmy Recard wrote:Beal will ask to be traded in the summer no doubt about it
Might as well get ready to trade Beal to the Bulls or the Lakers or the Clippers.

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app

Or the Knicks :wink:
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1323 » by gambitx777 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 8:41 am

So buy out market since we are trying to win a title this year? kanter? lin ? lopez?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1324 » by Ruzious » Fri Feb 8, 2019 3:27 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Look I by no chance want to trade beal until he says get me the **** up out f here. He is too good you hold on to those guys.

But the buy out market is open. I am looking at kanter, lopez, deadmon, Lin, if they get bought out. I feel like Johnson and jenkins are not going to make it though the year as wizards.

Not sure what benefit any of those would provide for the Wiz.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,064

Post#1325 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 8, 2019 5:25 pm

Nyk4lyfe wrote:
Jimmy Recard wrote:Beal will ask to be traded in the summer no doubt about it
Might as well get ready to trade Beal to the Bulls or the Lakers or the Clippers.

Or the Knicks :wink:
Especially if you guys draft well.

Bye bye Beal.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1326 » by gambitx777 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 5:58 pm

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Look I by no chance want to trade beal until he says get me the **** up out f here. He is too good you hold on to those guys.

But the buy out market is open. I am looking at kanter, lopez, deadmon, Lin, if they get bought out. I feel like Johnson and jenkins are not going to make it though the year as wizards.

Not sure what benefit any of those would provide for the Wiz.

Depth at positions on need. We need big man depth and we could really use another good point guard and Lin is a fringe starter
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1327 » by gambitx777 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:24 am

Really mad we didn't make a play for lin.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,921

Post#1328 » by payitforward » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:26 am

Mad? What would he do for us in the 25 games we have left? Plus, we just got under the luxury tax. You want to pay repeater level luxury tax to add Jeremy Lin?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1329 » by gambitx777 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:11 am

I am just saying that I like Lin on this team and **** it i'd like to see some wins.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,486

Post#1330 » by nate33 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:07 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I am just saying that I like Lin on this team and **** it i'd like to see some wins.

Wins? Let me tell you something, my friend. Desiring wins is a dangerous thing. Desiring wins can drive a man insane. It's got no use for a rebuilding team. You'd better get used to that idea.

payitforward
RealGM

Post#1331 » by payitforward » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:17 pm

LOL -- now we know the source of Ernie's dementia!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
RealGM

Post#1332 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:15 am

nate33 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I am just saying that I like Lin on this team and **** it i'd like to see some wins.

Wins? Let me tell you something, my friend. Desiring wins is a dangerous thing. Desiring wins can drive a man insane. It's got no use for a rebuilding team. You'd better get used to that idea.

Thanks, nate33!

I am bummed about the Wizards but you cheered me up with a great movie reference.

Andy Dufresne and Red Ellis...great friends throughout.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shawshank_Redemption

Darabont purchased the film rights to King's story in 1987, but development did not begin until five years later when he wrote the script over an eight-week period. Two weeks after submitting his script to the Castle Rock Entertainment film studio, Darabont secured a $25 million budget to produce The Shawshank Redemption, which started pre-production in January 1993.

While the film is set in Maine, principal photography took place from June to August 1993 almost entirely in Mansfield, Ohio, with the Ohio State Reformatory serving as the eponymous penitentiary. The project attracted many stars of the time for the lead roles including Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise, and Kevin Costner. Thomas Newman provided the film's score.

While The Shawshank Redemption received positive reviews on its release, particularly for its story and the performances of Robbins and Freeman, it was a box office disappointment, earning only $16 million during its initial theatrical run. Many reasons were cited for its failure at the time, including competition from films such as Pulp Fictionand Forrest Gump, to the general unpopularity of prison films, lack of female characters, and even the title, which was considered to be confusing for audiences. Even so, it went on to receive multiple award nominations, including seven Academy Award nominations, and a theatrical re-release that, combined with international takings, increased the film's box office gross to $58.3 million.
Bye bye Beal.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1333 » by gambitx777 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:10 am

Ill be honest I don't really care for rebuilds, I would just rather try to put a good HC with players who wanna play and play hard. and see where it goes. Stop trading picks away, and draft smart. I don't wanna tank. I wanna win.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1334 » by nate33 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:47 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Ill be honest I don't really care for rebuilds, I would just rather try to put a good HC with players who wanna play and play hard. and see where it goes. Stop trading picks away, and draft smart. I don't wanna tank. I wanna win.

:roll:

The team is absolutely not going to make the playoffs. The 2018-19 season is over. We are playing for the 2019-20 season. Acquiring rent-a-players like Lin to help the team finish with the 13th worst record instead of the 6th worst record does nothing whatsoever for anyone. It leaves us with a lower draft pick and it deprives the opportunity for younger guys like Sato and Randle to develop into better point guards.

Winning meaningless games late in the season against tanking teams doesn't do anything but fool naive fans (and maybe fool the naive Ted Leonsis into believing the team is better than it is).
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#1335 » by NatP4 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:11 pm

Beal for SGA, Harrell, and the Gallinari contract. send our pick to Boston for 14&18, select Deandre Hunter and Brandon Clarke

Sato
SGA sign Danny Green
Troy Brown JR Hunter
Gallinari Clarke Robinson
Harrell Bryant

eventually trade Gallo and his expiring 20 million, decline Portis and Parker. play Devin Robinson. Throw some money at Danny Green before you re sign Sato and Bryant. pick another PG in the 2nd round.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1336 » by payitforward » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:26 pm

I don't know whether either of those trades would be possible (though we know they are impossible w/ ernie at the helm), but at least they are imaginative & radical.

We have exactly one player under contract for next year who has had meaningful minutes for this year's team -- one guy! Bradley Beal. That's it. Then there's Wall who won't play, Mahinmi who can't play, & Brown whom they don't play. Howard has the option to play -- he'll pick up the option, but I doubt he'll play. Plus a R1 pick who won't play. Worse yet, Beal plus all those non-playing assets will cost us nearly $94m. So we won't be keeping Bobby Portis or Jabari Parker. Plus, it's obvious that the FO & coach don't value Dekker, & Randle is just a guy (nice guy).

I'm sure they'll keep Bryant. He does play, but not much (19 minutes a game). I'm sure they'll try to keep Satoransky, but someone may offer him more than they can afford.

Fortunately the two most important pieces of our future, our two grandfather clocks Ariza & Green, can be overpaid to stay.
RealGM

Post#1337 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:28 pm

NatP4 wrote:Beal for SGA, Harrell, and the Gallinari contract. send our pick to Boston for 14&18, select Deandre Hunter and Brandon Clarke

Sato
SGA sign Danny Green
Troy Brown JR Hunter
Harrell Bryant

eventually trade Gallo and his expiring 20 million, decline Portis and Parker. play Devin Robinson. Throw some money at Danny Green before you re sign Sato and Bryant. pick another PG in the 2nd round.
The Clippers are going to be loaded next year. If I'm still alive and living in Hawaii; I would like to see Beal playing for either Los Angeles team. (Not being morbid. Just real. Lots of people are leaving this side of life lately).

His media profile would blow up.

Before Marcin Gortat was released, I saw more features on him as a Clipper than I did all the years of his Wizards career. Ralph Lawler, is retiring after 40 years covering the Clippers. He really likes Gortat, and said Marcin would be missed.

Beal, like Porter and Oubre, will do much better outside of the Wizards.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1338 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:19 am

Nyk4lyfe wrote:Kevin Knox + Dennis Smith Jr. + Trier + Dotson + free cap space for Bradley Beal. Time to rebuild from scratch.

SIGN ME UP FOR THIS!

i think you're over-valuing Beal, but as a Wizards fan this would be the bomb!
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1339 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:20 am

NatP4 wrote:Beal for SGA, Harrell, and the Gallinari contract. send our pick to Boston for 14&18, select Deandre Hunter and Brandon Clarke

Sato
SGA sign Danny Green
Troy Brown JR Hunter
Harrell Bryant

Easy yes for the Wizards. Clips would not even go there IMO.

NatP4, I doubt you could get SGA plus cap for Beal. I also doubt the Clips would part with Harrell.
Bye bye Beal.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1340 » by nate33 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:52 pm

Nyk4lyfe wrote:Kevin Knox + Dennis Smith Jr. + Trier + Dotson + free cap space for Bradley Beal. Time to rebuild from scratch.

SIGN ME UP FOR THIS!

i think you're over-valuing Beal, but as a Wizards fan this would be the bomb!

:eek1:

That's awful.

CCJ, I say sincerely with respect, you have such rose-colored glasses when it comes to young players that you can't evaluate trades very well. You think nearly all young players can be superstars if put in the right situation. But if that were true, than the league would be full of superstars. It isn't. Beal IS a superstar (or at least an All-Star). He is leading his team to .500 ball with only one teammate who would start on a playoff team (Ariza). The list of guys from NY just went through a stretch where they lost 31 out of 33 games.

If I were trading Beal to New York, I would want
DSJ
2019 NY 1st (assuming #2-4)
2021 DAL 1st
2019 NY 2nd
2020 CHA 2nd
whatever filler they wanted to include based on their cap constraints (probably Ntilikina)

All this is predicated on Dallas landing Durant and another good free agent, so NY would be going all in on a Big Three, giving us leverage to negotiate a real good deal.

Return to Washington Wizards