ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #61 Sacramento vs Milwaukee

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Re: Game #61 Sacramento vs Milwaukee 

Post#21 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:25 am

What a heart breaker. Obviously if Marvins season is done, so is ours.

Take aways from the game

1. How can Ilyasova just shove Yogi and get free throws?
2. How can Giannis push over Bogdan and get the foul call
3. How can Brook Lopez inbound the ball so clearly from the court and it doesn't get called?
4. Fox needs to get up a shot. I know Fox was clutch last year, but in those situations especially with Bogdan having this type of night the ball needs to be in Bogi or Buddys hands. CALL A TIMEOUT
5. WCS of course coughs up such a crucial play in OT.

We need to play perfect games against these teams, the refs aren't going to help, we cant hurt ourselves.

Really hoping good news for Bagley but the fact it was knee that didn't take contact suggests bad news. Hope this means Giles gets more shine.. Guess Bjelica rejoins the rotation?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#22 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:30 am

Regarding Bagley coach Joerger called it a left knee sprain with MRI coming tomorrow.

Whats concerning is
1. its the left knee again
2. Knee sprain is a tear in your ligament

Best case im guessing is he's out 2-3 weeks.

Realistically we have lost Bagley for most of the month of March. Maybe longer.

Me guessing of course.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#23 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:48 am

I might have to start a Harry Giles thread. His journey deserves one.

Plus we are treated to at least one good highlight per week.

Tonight HG posted 18 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 block in 17 minutes.

It was amazing to see Giles respond to Bagley going down.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,001

Post#24 » by OGSactownballer » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:27 am

City of Trees wrote:Regarding Bagley coach Joerger called it a left knee sprain with MRI coming tomorrow.

Whats concerning is

Me guessing of course.

It’s not a tear unless it is specifically diagnosed as a tear (in this case likely to be the Medial Colateral Ligament or worst case scenario the Anterior Cruciate Ligament - MCL and ACL). That will require an MRI for definitive diagnosis although there are manual tests that will generally show an obvious ACL tear. A partial would not be that unstable and would be tough without imaging. An MCL tear would be imaging only.
What I saw was that Marvin was bearing weight with no apparent intense pain while being helped but not carried. A mild sprain will be painful and moderately debilitating, but does not necessarily mean serious damage.
oligo
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#25 » by oligo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:38 am

Even if Bagley is out (I hope he's not) you still have legit Giles/Bjelica duo to step in. Remember, Kings were winning early in the season with Bagley on the bench. It's definitely an obstacle, but the center position generates more problems for the Kings right now.

Brewer is a defensive beast, he will get under your skin and extract that TOs out of you. He's worth some $$$ by any team. :nod:

But you really have to give credit to Eric Bledsoe. Man, he just shut down Fox on some occasions. :noway:
#FireVlade
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#26 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:00 am

Bucks are a hell of a team. If we play like that the rest of the year we will make the playoffs. Spacing much better with Bogey in the starting lineup. Very evident from the beginning where I thought we played our best team ball of the year and were up double digits early.

Let's all pray for Bagley.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#27 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:30 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Regarding Bagley coach Joerger called it a left knee sprain with MRI coming tomorrow.

Whats concerning is

Me guessing of course.

It’s not a tear unless it is specifically diagnosed as a tear (in this case likely to be the Medial Colateral Ligament or worst case scenario the Anterior Cruciate Ligament - MCL and ACL). That will require an MRI for definitive diagnosis although there are manual tests that will generally show an obvious ACL tear. A partial would not be that unstable and would be tough without imaging. An MCL tear would be imaging only.
What I saw was that Marvin was bearing weight with no apparent intense pain while being helped but not carried. A mild sprain will be painful and moderately debilitating, but does not necessarily mean serious damage.
You're not wrong. I was simply pointing out that a knee sprain is really a ligament tear. These tears are much smaller and heal on their own but its noteworthy because of how the Kings medical staff has approached injuries this season. If it turns out to be a sprain I dont see their medical staff rushing him back.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#28 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:21 pm

City of Trees wrote:
OGSactownballer wrote:

Whats concerning is

Me guessing of course.

You're not wrong. I was simply pointing out that a knee sprain is really a ligament tear. These tears are much smaller and heal on their own but its noteworthy because of how the Kings medical staff has approached injuries this season. If it turns out to be a sprain I dont see their medical staff rushing him back.

And rightfully so. In the back of my head this is what I always feared for Bagley just looking at his legs. That someone would fall into him and cause an injury. Could have been much worst.

But to the staff caution, I think you have to really let him not just recover, but strength that knee because a real ACL tear could set back his career in a real way. I don't care if that takes 2 months and we miss the playoffs because of it. Well, I care but it's better than a worst re-injury imo. Yes, we have a shot this year but the future is more important. I wouldn't fault them if they came out and said that to protect this guy they are shutting him down for the year unless we make the playoffs.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#29 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:46 pm

Agreed.

Tearing up your knee this time of year eats up a good chunk of next season, too.

How much longer do we have to wait for the MRI results?!?!
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,001

Post#30 » by OGSactownballer » Fri Mar 1, 2019 8:54 pm

So it turned out pretty much what I thought.

He will be fine.

Return to Sacramento Kings