It's time....

last two games were like

time to head home and put a hot pepper into the game plan
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,725

Re: WCSF Game 5: HOU @ GSW 

Post#3 » by Drygon » Tue May 7, 2019 8:32 am

Rockets will probably win Game 5 considering how bad Warriors' bench is...
Chrisaaron1023
Junior
And1: 76

Post#4 » by Chrisaaron1023 » Tue May 7, 2019 11:05 am

LOL! basically.. Houston has Harden, who honestly is probably more unstoppable then Curry's 2016 season. He doesn't miss from the arch... and Eric Gordon, who loves playing the Warriors. he's got the quick launch
CalGTR
Junior
And1: 248

Post#5 » by CalGTR » Tue May 7, 2019 2:54 pm

The only thing I'm a bit worried about with respect to game 5 is Igoudala's knee. If he's impaired in any serious way, or, heaven forbid, can't go, we're in trouble. Livingston's body seems to have hit the wall, and just doesn't seem to want to give any more than it's already given (just a reality of Livingston's age and injury history - it's a bit of a miracle he's been as good as he has been for us these past years). Our bench is incredibly exposed in this series. If we can get past Houston, we should be fine the rest of the way bench-wise because everybody becomes more or less playable. For this series, if Igoudala can continue to play at a solid level, our guys will get the job done.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 458

Post#6 » by superunknown » Tue May 7, 2019 3:47 pm

Iguodala was impaired by paul.
paul is just a son a bitch and deserves only the worst. I’ve never wished any bad to any player, but I hope karma will fix him once and for all.
What a low-life man.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,921

Post#7 » by cdubbz » Tue May 7, 2019 4:45 pm

this series is exactly what I expected. dog fight.

Rockets bench outscored Warriors bench 18-11.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,406

Post#8 » by Outside » Tue May 7, 2019 5:28 pm

floppymoose wrote:Chris Paul

That is so Chris Paul. Half his game seems to be crap like this.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 465

Post#9 » by Swift21 » Tue May 7, 2019 5:29 pm

Going to have to put KD on Harden in this game.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,596

Post#10 » by HiRez » Tue May 7, 2019 5:36 pm

CalGTR wrote:The only thing I'm a bit worried about with respect to game 5 is Igoudala's knee. If he's impaired in any serious way, or, heaven forbid, can't go, we're in trouble. Livingston's body seems to have hit the wall, and just doesn't seem to want to give any more than it's already given (just a reality of Livingston's age and injury history - it's a bit of a miracle he's been as good as he has been for us these past years). Our bench is incredibly exposed in this series. If we can get past Houston, we should be fine the rest of the way bench-wise because everybody becomes more or less playable. For this series, if Igoudala can continue to play at a solid level, our guys will get the job done.

I don't know, man, to me there's a lot to worry about, even apart from Iguodala. Even with him playing and playing well, we're even with a hungry and confident Rockets team. We can't get rebounds and keep giving them multiple chances to score on every possession. We have NO answer for Harden, you can say what you want about him and yes, I hate his game, but he's a machine and just keeps coming like the Terminator. Our bench is completely useless.

And most important of all, our entire offense is predicated on Steph and Klay hitting 3s and they're both sputtering in extended slumps right now. We're running out of "it's ok they were a little off, we'll get them next game" opportunities. Meanwhile the Rockets are raining clutch 3s on us like prime Warriors used to.

Not saying we can't win but our problems are much bigger than Iguodala's knee IMO.

And yeah, I'll say it again: I think we are criminally misusing Bogut. No he's not going to play 30 minutes and yes, he's got some drawbacks. But our offense flows better with him in the game with our starters and we don't give the opponent 3 chances to score every time because he pulls boards at the rim.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,406

Post#11 » by Outside » Tue May 7, 2019 5:51 pm

HiRez wrote:
CalGTR wrote:The only thing I'm a bit worried about with respect to game 5 is Igoudala's knee. If he's impaired in any serious way, or, heaven forbid, can't go, we're in trouble. Livingston's body seems to have hit the wall, and just doesn't seem to want to give any more than it's already given (just a reality of Livingston's age and injury history - it's a bit of a miracle he's been as good as he has been for us these past years). Our bench is incredibly exposed in this series. If we can get past Houston, we should be fine the rest of the way bench-wise because everybody becomes more or less playable. For this series, if Igoudala can continue to play at a solid level, our guys will get the job done.

I don't know, man, to me there's a lot to worry about, even apart from Iguodala. Even with him playing and playing well, we're even with a hungry and confident Rockets team. We can't get rebounds and keep giving them multiple chances to score on every possession. We have NO answer for Harden, you can say what you want about him and yes, I hate his game, but he's a machine and just keeps coming like the Terminator. Our bench is completely useless. And most important of all, our entire offense is predicated on Steph and Klay hitting 3s and they're both sputtering in extended slumps right now. We're running out of "it's ok they were a little off, we'll get them next game" opportunities. Meanwhile the Rockets are raining clutch 3s on us like prime Warriors used to.

Not saying we can't win but our problems are much bigger than Iguodala's knee IMO.

And yeah, I'll say it again: I think we are criminally misusing Bogut. No he's not going to play 30 minutes and yes, he's got some drawbacks. But our offense flows better with him in the game with our starters and we don't give the opponent 3 chances to score every time because he pulls boards at the rim.

I'm sure the counterargument is that Houston would abuse him at the other end by forcing him to defend someone on the perimeter. But I'm with you on the rebounds. They HAVE to win the rebound battle.

I'd like to think that their shooting can't hold up, especially Rivers (53 3P%) and Gerald Green (50 3P%) and that the Warriors will hit theirs at a better rate. That alone was a deciding factor in the last two games. But I still come back to "no rebounds, no rings." Either the Hamptons five have to rebound better, or they have to put someone in who can.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,281

Post#12 » by xdrta+ » Tue May 7, 2019 6:03 pm

I don't buy the argument that they can't play Bogut. In fact, I think they need to play the bench a lot more, even if it costs them some. If they get by Houston, there are still two more series - so many minutes for the starters will take its toll.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,693

Post#13 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue May 7, 2019 7:41 pm

Bogut looked to slow too me. The clips from the Australian league looked good but now I realize that that just meant that the Australian league was slow.

I would play Looney 30 minutes before I play Bogut. If the Rockets are going to play small the Warriors can play Jerebko as a center.
Who is bigger and stronger Jerebko or Tucker? I know Tucker is mentally tougher.

With the Rockets going smal the Warriors can play McKinnie. I think McKinnie is the 7th best Warrior now. That isn't good. McKinnie should be the 9th best Warrior not the 7th best Warrior. I wish the Warriors had a quick back up point to stick on Chris Paul for 10 minute a game.

Bogus the shot blocker is not so useful vs the Rockets and this version of Bogut is not as good of a shot blocker as 2016 Bogut.

What Bogut could do to help the Warriors is tell the Rockets that Draymond's finger to Harden's eyes and Durant's foot to Paul's mouth were accidents but if the Rockets want to play dirty then Bogut will come get them. Bogut does not need the NBA anymore, he could be the enforcer if he wanted to be the enforcer.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,749

Post#14 » by Revived » Tue May 7, 2019 8:20 pm

Swift21 wrote:Going to have to put KD on Harden in this game.

It doesn’t matter who the initial defender is, Harden is gonna screen and force the switch to whoever he wants guarding him.

Harden’s gonna get his points. But the question is, who can stop the role players? Someone has to defend PJ Tucker and box him out on rebounds and such.

If I’m Kerr, I would put Draymond on Tucker to limit Tucker’s hustle plays. And if Draymond proves incapable of it, then don’t bring him back next season.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,693

Post#15 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue May 7, 2019 8:24 pm

Revived wrote:

It doesn’t matter who the initial defender is, Harden is gonna screen and force the switch to whoever he wants guarding him.

Harden’s gonna get his points. But the question is, who can stop the role players? Someone has to defend PJ Tucker and box him out on rebounds and such.

If I’m Kerr, I would put Draymond on Tucker to limit Tucker’s hustle plays. And if Draymond proves incapable of it, then don’t bring him back next season.

I rarely see Draymond get tired but I think Draymond got tired. Some of those offensive rebounds Tucker got looked like they were Draymond's responsibility. Tucker is sort of the Rockets version of Draymond.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#16 » by Sleepy51 » Tue May 7, 2019 9:31 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Revived wrote:

I rarely see Draymond get tired but I think Draymond got tired. Some of those offensive rebounds Tucker got looked like they were Draymond's responsibility. Tucker is sort of the Rockets version of Draymond.

Curry was defending Tucker at the corner 3 on some of the shots that lead to the offensive rebounds. That's an impossible box out for Curry. Someone needed to be finding Tucker with a body knowing he would get past Curry, and frankly, leave Curry free to collect the rebound. That's something they will see in the film. Look for double digit rebound from Curry in the next game.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 465

Post#17 » by Swift21 » Tue May 7, 2019 9:51 pm

Revived wrote:

That's why you hedge and recover or fight over the screen.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by superunknown » Tue May 7, 2019 10:14 pm

guys, we need to start to look not to mckinnie scoring 14 points or curry double digit rebound, but to the splash brothers hitting the 3balls! if they keep shooting from deep like they did so far in the series there's no rebounds, turnovers or any other adjustment that count. they simply cannot shoot so bad. period.
even in game4, steph shot 4/14 from 3 and klay 1/6, it's an horrendous 5/20.
it would've been sufficient them hitting a couple of open looks to steal at least 1 game in houston.
they need to step-up offensively and do their job.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,202

Post#19 » by cpower » Tue May 7, 2019 10:39 pm

superunknown wrote:guys, we need to start to look not to mckinnie scoring 14 points or curry double digit rebound, but to the splash brothers hitting the 3balls! if they keep shooting from deep like they did so far in the series there's no rebounds, turnovers or any other adjustment that count. they simply cannot shoot so bad. period.
it would've been sufficient them hitting a couple of open looks to steal at least 1 game in houston.

they need to stepup defensively first. Guys like KD/Klay are doing nothing on the other end of the floor, I dont understand how a 7 footer like KD only managed to get 5 rebs a game
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#20 » by superunknown » Tue May 7, 2019 10:53 pm

cpower wrote:
superunknown wrote:guys, we need to start to look not to mckinnie scoring 14 points or curry double digit rebound, but to the splash brothers hitting the 3balls! if they keep shooting from deep like they did so far in the series there's no rebounds, turnovers or any other adjustment that count. they simply cannot shoot so bad. period.

they need to stepup defensively first. Guys like KD/Klay are doing nothing on the other end of the floor, I dont understand how a 7 footer like KD only managed to get 5 rebs a game

man, 8/33 from 3s.
the splash brothers haven't scored more than 5 3s combined in this series so far. 5 3s combined.
where do you expect to go shooting from 3 like this?
they're basically the only true 3 point shooters of the team (cook cannot play consistently due to him being a defensive liability), if they don't hit their 3s - and they're missing open looks as well, not only contested 3s -it's a loong game.
btw, klay is playing decent defense, and steph is putting the effort on defense. actually this may be one the reasons why they're shooting so bad, their legs are tired and legs are essential when shooting.

Return to Golden State Warriors