Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Re: All things number 4. Trade or draft? Let the rumors begin 

Post#241 » by Ball so hard » Fri May 17, 2019 11:05 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter

As fletcher is the NBC NOLA sports reporting, he should know. The original report of this was NBC too.

I'm from the camp where there's a lot of smoke there's at least a little bit of fire. This is not one off... Magic shared similar sentiment when he said the Pelicans were negotiating in bad faith.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#242 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 17, 2019 11:14 pm

F em. Let them come out and publicly state theyll deal in good faith with the Lakers. We offered them already, bigtime! And they threw it in our faces. If they wanna play ball, weve gotta force a statement stating there will be NO BS. Be real, or we move on. AD already knows our intentions. He also knows the Pelicans intentions are not honorable. Thats why he still asked to get out.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,094

Post#243 » by SlimShady83 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:19 am

He will probably be traded to Knicks - and we'll lose out on him even in FA when he becomes free, he'll probably enjoy it there
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL I'LL BE BACK! AND BACK WITH MORE BUTT HURT SIGNATURS LMAO
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,325

Post#244 » by Worst_to_First » Sat May 18, 2019 12:46 am

Desiderium wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:Trade #4 for siakim

Trade Ingram and a future first for beal

Sign kwahi

why in the **** would raptors do that trade :crazy:

They could do it if their hometown hero RJ Barrett falls to 4.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#245 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:16 am

Explain to me how you watch tape of Darius garland and don’t conclude he’s going to eventually be as good as scoring as prime cp3. Doesn’t have the passing but he has that hop to his step and a wet jumper
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,325

Post#246 » by Worst_to_First » Sat May 18, 2019 6:24 am

Showtime:Part2 wrote:Explain to me how you watch tape of Darius garland and don’t conclude he’s going to eventually be as good as scoring as prime cp3. Doesn’t have the passing but he has that hop to his step and a wet jumper

Yeah I can see Garland being a great player. My concern is that while he is a good backcourt partner with Lonzo offensively I don’t know if they would be a good defensive fit.

I know that Lonzo is an excellent defender but am not sure if he would be as good a defender to SG’s compared to PG’s.

Garland would however fit nicely alongside LeBron and AD. Perhaps in the trade for Davis you could keep the 4th pick for Garland instead while flipping Lonzo for the Suns’ 6th pick to redirect it to NOLA.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#247 » by LAKESHOW » Sat May 18, 2019 6:48 am

I like hunter, but i dont mind garland at all. I would be good with his selection. But weve gotta be real, he has injury. MCL i believe. Again, i wouldnt mind goin with garland. But the medical piece must be included in the total evaluation. Not summarily dismissed.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#248 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:53 am

Worst_to_First wrote:
Showtime:Part2 wrote:Explain to me how you watch tape of Darius garland and don’t conclude he’s going to eventually be as good as scoring as prime cp3. Doesn’t have the passing but he has that hop to his step and a wet jumper

Yeah I can see Garland being a great player. My concern is that while he is a good backcourt partner with Lonzo offensively I don’t know if they would be a good defensive fit.

I know that Lonzo is an excellent defender but am not sure if he would be as good a defender to SG’s compared to PG’s.

Garland would however fit nicely alongside LeBron and AD. Perhaps in the trade for Davis you could keep the 4th pick for Garland instead while flipping Lonzo for the Suns’ 6th pick to redirect it to NOLA.

We use zo to guard harden... and he’s about as good as anybody can be in guarding that fraud. So I think I’d be pretty ok w him guarding sgs
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant

To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#249 » by Danny Darko » Sat May 18, 2019 8:32 am

Kilroy wrote:
TyCobb wrote:Dude is in the grass... gotta have respect for him for that.

LeBron Kuz and 4 for AD and 1...

Show me what you're workin with Pelinka. :D

I'd add in another frp for Zion and AD in a heartbeat
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#250 » by Michael Lucky » Sat May 18, 2019 2:08 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:I like hunter, but i dont mind garland at all. I would be good with his selection. But weve gotta be real, he has injury. MCL i believe. Again, i wouldnt mind goin with garland. But the medical piece must be included in the total evaluation. Not summarily dismissed.

Meniscus, not a MCL or ACL injury. He could have even played again but decided not too in order to prepare for the draft.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#251 » by ROballer » Sat May 18, 2019 2:26 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
TyCobb wrote:Dude is in the grass... gotta have respect for him for that.

LeBron Kuz and 4 for AD and 1...

Show me what you're workin with Pelinka. :D

I'd add in another frp for Zion and AD in a heartbeat

And Ingram. And Ball. And a dozen romanian hookers. Whatever it **** takes.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
tlifeset
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#252 » by tlifeset » Sat May 18, 2019 2:55 pm

The “every significant young player on our roster” package for AD rumor is a lie. It’s always been a lie manipulated by other teams and the pelicans themselves. I know for a fact that the Lakers fo never offered them that deal. Pelinka offered combinations of all the players, but never all together. Stupid brad turner got used like usual to perpetuate false stories.

Regarding the draft, Im going to keep an open mind through this process but it feels like the pick is garland. Just seems like with his Klutch rep, skill sets, j kidd hire, pulling him out of combines, etc. It all feels very Lakers-ish to build mystique around the player, but also because they might believe the Knicks arent as high on RJ as everyone else.

We will not trade the pick before FA starts, and I could see Garland having a lot of value around the league. And value to the Lakers org.

I think the Lakers ideal scenario is to draft Garland and sign Kawhi, and keep the young guys for one more year. Especially because they believe the new coaching staff will unlock their potential in a way that luke or his overmatched staff could not.
iQon
Senior
And1: 168

Post#253 » by iQon » Sat May 18, 2019 3:15 pm

I see a lot of mocks slotting Hunter here. Suspending the fact that we could land Kyrie, Butler, or Kawhi in a few weeks... I really like the potential there to shore up 1-3 with him, Zo, and Ingram.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#254 » by Crives » Sat May 18, 2019 4:04 pm

Suns fan here
Do you guys have a consensus who you want at 4?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,414

Post#255 » by Slava » Sat May 18, 2019 4:18 pm

Crives wrote:Suns fan here
Do you guys have a consensus who you want at 4?

It's been two days since the lottery I doubt anyone but New Orleans have a consensus on what they want.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
zuju
Senior
And1: 119

Post#256 » by zuju » Sat May 18, 2019 4:23 pm

It is the same hype on those draftees every year. Soon after they play for the team, fans start complaining this and that.
They hype for drafting Lonzo was unreal. Every people here like him and think he will turn this franchise around. Everyone knows he need some time to adjust to NBA and further develop as a PG. During the mid-season of his rookie year, fans were furious on his shooting ability, driving ability etc. Trading him was a topic consistently brought up since then. No one seems to remember his defensive instinct and his ultra high BBIQ. The same happened to Ingram.

This year at this time, people is hyped to the potential of different draftees again and even suggested to trade Lonzo for pick outside of the top 3 range. The weakness of these draftees are mostly overlooked. For example, Garland is great offensively but has a pathetic and terrible defensive ability. Hunter seems to be a not very coordinated 3&D guy, etc

Trade or draft? I don't know. The salary should be calculated carefully, and we have to see if a big fish come to us. For instant, if kyrie sign with us, drafting and keeping Garland is not an option anymore. We either draft another guy or trade the pick.

One other thought here is that we may seek to trade this pick for the #6, #26 and #32 picks from Phoenix if they have a strong desire on who they want. We can still comfortably trade the #6 away and keep a FRP and SRP at the same time.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#257 » by TyCobb » Sat May 18, 2019 4:33 pm

Not very coordinated 3&D guy?? What? lol That's National Champion Hunter to you.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#258 » by ROballer » Sat May 18, 2019 4:58 pm

I don't know what's the infatuation with Hunter. He had the whities Guy and Ty Jerome carry his ass to the Championship game. I'll give you this, he busted his ass there but he got carried through the tourney like crazy.

Jarrett Culver is by far the better prospect and he's 1.5 years younger as well. If by some miracle we decide to keep the pick, I'd lose my mind if we picked Hunter over Culver.
He's an alpha, put Hunter at Texas Tech and he's a fringe 1st rounder when all the defense is focused only on you.

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#259 » by TyCobb » Sat May 18, 2019 5:08 pm

ROballer wrote:I don't know what's the infatuation with Hunter. He had the whities Guy and Ty Jerome carry his ass to the Championship game. I'll give you this, he busted his ass there but he got carried through the tourney like crazy.

Jarrett Culver is by far the better prospect and he's 1.5 years younger as well. If by some miracle we decide to keep the pick, I'd lose my mind if we picked Hunter over Culver.
He's an alpha, put Hunter at Texas Tech and he's a fringe 1st rounder when all the defense is focused only on you.

You realize Hunter dropped 27 in the championship game against Culver right? He has no weaknesses. Does everything. Consistent, reliable, NBA body/strength... the real deal.

And I actually like Culver too. But Hunter is closest thing to Kawhi.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#260 » by ROballer » Sat May 18, 2019 5:20 pm

And dropped 10,11,14,10 in the previous 4 games prior to the Championship game and still got through. Yeah, **** consistent, I'll give you that. He had a stacked team like crazy and a lot of luck being in the Championship game in the first place.

He looks better than he is because of his teammates. Put the ball in his hands and ask him to run the team like Culver did all year and he's a late 1st rounder.

Culver is by far the better playmaker, can create his own shot while Hunter can't really do that, they're both elite defenders so that's a wash. Hunter is a better shooter but not having all the attention on you really **** helps your percentages. He took a lot of set open 3's all year while Culver didn't.

And he's 1.5 years older. He'll be a 22 year old rookie, he has no business being a 4th pick.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers