ImageImageImageImageImage

Bob Myers Is a Solid Dude

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Re: Bob Myers Is a Solid Dude 

Post#61 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:17 am

statsman wrote:It would appear that the mods have given up.

The GSW board is nice and quiet all season but after this last game it seems to have become infested with cockroaches. I attribute it to the heatwave we've been experiencing.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#62 » by East Bay Sports » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:34 am

Samurai wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:I don't think that Bob Myers, the trainers, teammates or anyone else rushed KD back. I think KD was the #1 person wanting him to come back from this.

Having said that, Myers and the trainers should have been the ADULT VOICE in the room to shut KD down. He kept repeating "they said it couldn't get worse" well BS. I called this **** happening from the time it was announced he would come back.

He shouldn't have been out there and everyone who played a role in deciding it was a good idea to rush him out there should take their slice of the blame.

Some reporting was that what could get worse was that the calf could completely tear, which obviously would take him out of the playoffs but wouldn't present a long-term risk since he'd be ready for next season. Kerr said he was told that there was no additional risk for an Achilles. Obviously any athlete is always at risk of tearing an Achilles, but that his calf injury would not make him any more susceptible to it. As a non-medical person, I can say "seems like it would since his calf injury was near the Achilles" but I would have to think the medical professionals researched this before clearing him.

I'm not medical expert but the pictures of him icing his Achilles in the tunnel every time we saw him tipped to me that it was at least effected by the calf injury if not the focus of it. I texted my friend and said I hope his **** achilles doesn't pop trying to rush back. And that's exactly what happened. Was it a complete coincidence? Am I just a psychic? Idk. But I feared for an achilles tear based on the idea of rushing back from a calf strain when you were icing your achilles. 1+1 = 2 for me. Its too bad the training staff didn't exercise as much caution as I would have.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#63 » by DWadeno3 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:48 am

The KnicksFix wrote:huh? he knows he forced him back, probably irked the medical staff to ok him back, he dodged a bullet with the first injury, it was just probably a partial tear and not that bad, but they still needed him to rest and not come back that fast

Do you really believe a superstar like Kevin Durant, who had and most likely has max contract offers waiting for him in the offseason, is pressured into prematurely returning to play? What leverage do the Warriors have to threaten him with?

It’s more likely Durant wanted this. His legacy was being tarnished left and right in a completely unreasonable manner and he’s the type of person to be affected by it, causing him to want to prove doubters wrong. If anybody pressured him, it’s the fans and the media with their unreasonable criticism.

I’m also confident the team doctors informed him about the potential risks of playing because the legal consequences of not doing so are massive.
I’m also confident Durant’s camp would’ve or perhaps even has gotten another opinion on the matter, at least if he doesn’t deem the team doctors to be trustworthy.

While it’s all speculative, the arguments for Durant not being pressured by the organization and wanting to play himself weigh much heavier.

#HeatLifer
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#64 » by Frozzy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:20 am

This whole situation is a nightmare. People are really feeding into the "Myers is not sincere" narrative. And you know what? The organization may have **** up, Kerr & the staff not managing his minutes, the medical team not being cautious enough, and KD himself calling the shots etc.

But to say Bob Myers is insincere is borderline insane. It's actually depressing how influenced peoples opinions are from hacks like Shannon Sharpe. None of these people know the relationship between Bob Myers and our players. No clue at all. I'm seeing plantation owner analogies left and right and it's jarring. That's not this front office at all.

Also all the Raptors fans using this situation as a deflection for their fans cheering KD's injury. You're not any better than the fans cheering.
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,728

Post#65 » by maternal85 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:14 pm

Frozzy wrote:This whole situation is a nightmare. People are really feeding into the "Myers is not sincere" narrative. And you know what? The organization may have **** up, Kerr & the staff not managing his minutes, the medical team not being cautious enough, and KD himself calling the shots etc.

But to say Bob Myers is insincere is borderline insane. It's actually depressing how influenced peoples opinions are from hacks like Shannon Sharpe. None of these people know the relationship between Bob Myers and our players. No clue at all. I'm seeing plantation owner analogies left and right and it's jarring. That's not this front office at all.

Also all the Raptors fans using this situation as a deflection for their fans cheering KD's injury. You're not any better than the fans cheering.

This isn't about raptor fans. Even the narrative that they cheered for an injured KD is false. This is about a young man who was clearly injured and was eventually bullied to go play. Because if he doesn't play, he'd received the Leonard hate. I'm sure Leonard is now sitting back saying "I told You". Nobody needs to watch espn or Sharpe to see how shady this all was. The world champs about to be eliminated, owners desperately wanting the 3 peat to increase the team value/equity, while having doctors on their payroll "clearing him". Reports coming out saying teammates are frustrates with him. Fans getting frustrated he's not playing, etc. Everyone wants to win that ring, and nobody including his teammates cared about his healthy. Now he torn his Achilles and can barely walk, everyone has sympathy for his injury ? And raptor fans have no class after an organization/fans did something so shady to one of their players?
maternal85
Starter

Post#66 » by maternal85 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:19 pm

So what happens now. I sure hope the warriors offer him the max in a few weeks.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#67 » by East Bay Sports » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:21 pm

maternal85 wrote:So what happens now. I sure hope the warriors offer him the max in a few weeks.

I think he stays and signs for 4-5 years whatever he's eligible for
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,082

Post#68 » by Outside » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:29 pm

One criticism is that Kerr didn't manage his minutes and played him 12 of the first 14 minutes of the game, implying that playing him so much to start the game was a factor in causing the injury. One possibility to me is that playing him in continuous stretches was the plan because they didn't want him to sit and the have the calf tighten up.

People are making so many assumptions based on the unfortunate result, not on actual facts. It would be nice to hear Durant on the subject at some point, but everything I've heard from Kerr and Myers supports the notion that they handled this the best way they knew how.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#69 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:45 pm

maternal85 wrote:
Frozzy wrote:This whole situation is a nightmare. People are really feeding into the "Myers is not sincere" narrative. And you know what? The organization may have **** up, Kerr & the staff not managing his minutes, the medical team not being cautious enough, and KD himself calling the shots etc.

This isn't about raptor fans. Even the narrative that they cheered for an injured KD is false. This is about a young man who was clearly injured and was eventually bullied to go play. Because if he doesn't play, he'd received the Leonard hate. I'm sure Leonard is now sitting back saying "I told You". Nobody needs to watch espn or Sharpe to see how shady this all was. The world champs about to be eliminated, owners desperately wanting the 3 peat to increase the team value/equity, while having doctors on their payroll "clearing him". Reports coming out saying teammates are frustrates with him. Fans getting frustrated he's not playing, etc. Everyone wants to win that ring, and nobody including his teammates cared about his healthy. Now he torn his Achilles and can barely walk, everyone has sympathy for his injury ? And raptor fans have no class after an organization/fans did something so shady to one of their players?

I could imagine teammates urging him to play because they're the ones on the court and they will have the same mindset as KD as far as being desperate to play and compete and win.

But you have no reason to question our medical staff, FO or coaching staff. If there was any reason to believe from all the MRIs they did, and they did many, that his achilles was prone to tearing than there's no way the medical staff would have cleared him. I guarantee that KD has access to all the MRIs and they will be made available to legions of independent medical experts who will pore over them and give their opinion and it will either be pointed out that they missed something or they will be exonerated.

But to suggest that the organization did something untoward in clearing KD or pushing him to play is illogical, not grounded in any evidence and totally uncalled for. Do us Warriors fans a favor and stay the eff off our board with this slanderous garbage. Your idiotic pet theory is perfect for the cesspool that is the GB, I'm sure you'll find plenty of threads there to pollute.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,302

Post#70 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:19 pm

maternal85 wrote:Bob, warrior owners, and all the other majority white owners see the majority black players as their property. Basically it's like a plantation style system. Bob doesn't give a damn about Durant and never did. It was sad seeing his fake tears. They got the most they could get out of him. Like a plantation owner getting the most out of his slaves.

Warning given...no need to respond to this.

As the semi-official “Ask a black guy” on this forum, I will just add: this is some bull s :censored: right here
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#71 » by likemycurryhot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:47 pm

From Sam Amick’s article today it seems like KD and Rich Kleinman we’re in a good place with his returning. Doesn’t feel like coercion, at least from this story. Sorry to post a paywalled article but I’m also pasting a relevant

https://theathletic.com/1022459/2019/06/11/the-day-after-a-look-back-from-the-scene-of-the-darkest-day-of-the-finals/

“From the start of the night, Durant looked fully capable of pulling this off. He warmed up in front of nervous Raptors fans at Scotiabank Arena and inspired the same sort of eyes-wide-open reaction that the Warriors had reported that morning, when Durant’s bounce at the team’s shoot-around got everyone’s attention. A team official reported seeing Durant in all his all-time great glory – dominating one-on-one action against the team’s younger players. He was spry. Smooth. Explosive.

Kleiman, who made the pregame rounds on the floor while wearing a hooded, gray sweat-jacket with the Warriors logo featured on the chest, had looked like a man revived too. We had joked about his chosen attire, how the decision to rock Warriors gear might be seen by some as the latest Durant free agency clue as the start of free agency drew near. He laughed.

To say the building was buzzing is like, well, saying that Kevin Durant is pretty good at this beautiful game. The place was electric.”
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#72 » by DaHef » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:12 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
maternal85 wrote:So what happens now. I sure hope the warriors offer him the max in a few weeks.

I think he stays and signs for 4-5 years whatever he's eligible for

That would be an amazing feel good story.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,891

Post#73 » by Samurai » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:03 pm

Outside wrote:One criticism is that Kerr didn't manage his minutes and played him 12 of the first 14 minutes of the game, implying that playing him so much to start the game was a factor in causing the injury. One possibility to me is that playing him in continuous stretches was the plan because they didn't want him to sit and the have the calf tighten up.

People are making so many assumptions based on the unfortunate result, not on actual facts. It would be nice to hear Durant on the subject at some point, but everything I've heard from Kerr and Myers supports the notion that they handled this the best way they knew how.

Prior to the game, Kerr said that after consulting with the medical team, there would not be any minutes restrictions on KD based on the injury. The only restrictions would be based on conditioning; if he is tired, he will rest. And based on Kerr's statements throughout his tenure - that he is NOT a medical professional so he relies on the advice of the medical professionals, this would seem consistent. Kerr has always been very much of "stay in your lane" kind of guy - he insists that he does not make medical decisions about a player's health and the doctors do not attend the coaches meetings or design plays.

Every athlete, heck every person, is at risk of tearing their Achilles. Kerr said before the game that the calf injury did not make KD more at risk for an Achilles injury. If Curry blows out his Achilles (god forbid!), it would not be due to having a higher risk just because he has a dislocated finger. But all the non-doctors look at the proximity of the calf and the Achilles and assume it is related, without having seen any of his MRI results (how many posters would even know how to read an MRI exam?) or knowing the specifics of his calf injury. Sucks that he got hurt, but just because I once completed a first-aid course doesn't mean that I am going to automatically second guess the numerous doctors that have been involved in this. If more evidence comes out later that the medical team misdiagnosed him, that's a different matter. But right now it seems that all of the non-doctors that have zero information on KD's medical history are assuming that the medical staff, Myers, and Kerr are presumed guilty of something without knowing any of the specifics. I'm not going to make that leap.
maternal85
Starter

Post#74 » by maternal85 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:55 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:
maternal85 wrote:

I could imagine teammates urging him to play because they're the ones on the court and they will have the same mindset as KD as far as being desperate to play and compete and win.

But you have no reason to question our medical staff, FO or coaching staff. If there was any reason to believe from all the MRIs they did, and they did many, that his achilles was prone to tearing than there's no way the medical staff would have cleared him. I guarantee that KD has access to all the MRIs and they will be made available to legions of independent medical experts who will pore over them and give their opinion and it will either be pointed out that they missed something or they will be exonerated.

But to suggest that the organization did something untoward in clearing KD or pushing him to play is illogical, not grounded in any evidence and totally uncalled for. Do us Warriors fans a favor and stay the eff off our board with this slanderous garbage. Your idiotic pet theory is perfect for the cesspool that is the GB, I'm sure you'll find plenty of threads there to pollute.

It's called conflict of interest. It's not hard to believe doctors on a teams payroll who want to keep their jobs may start telling the higher ups what they want to hear. This is why for example police officers can't investigate themselves after a serious incident. The results "may" come out in their favour frequently . Leonard did the same thing. Got a second opinion which said the opposite of what the spurs doctors were saying. Surprise ? He decided to sit out and the whole world bashed him even after getting a 2nd opinion. Everyone just believed the spurs doctors ON THEIR PAYROLL. If KD did the same thing, got a 2nd opinion and sat out, the same bullies would have came out of the woods and bashed him. Everyone involved should admit their fault.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,720

Post#75 » by floppymoose » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:30 am

The problem right now is that we don't know if there was any fault. I've torn an achilles playing hoops before. I didn't get any warning. I haven't seen KDs MRIs from before, have you? Do you know how to read them? I'm all for holding people accountable for their mistakes (*cough* Raptors fans cheering injuries *cough*) but it should be from an informed position. KD knows if he was pressured. He knows if he got a second opinion from an independent source. If so, he knows what they told him. That's all info that has to become known before anyone can judge this situation.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#76 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:36 am

maternal85 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
maternal85 wrote:

It's called conflict of interest. It's not hard to believe doctors on a teams payroll who want to keep their jobs may start telling the higher ups what they want to hear. This is why for example police officers can't investigate themselves after a serious incident. The results "may" come out in their favour frequently . Leonard did the same thing. Got a second opinion which said the opposite of what the spurs doctors were saying. Surprise ? He decided to sit out and the whole world bashed him even after getting a 2nd opinion. Everyone just believed the spurs doctors ON THEIR PAYROLL. If KD did the same thing, got a 2nd opinion and sat out, the same bullies would have came out of the woods and bashed him. Everyone involved should admit their fault.

KD did get an outside 2nd opinion and he was cleared. Should he have gotten outside opinions until he got one telling him not to play? There is no reason to believe he was going to rupture his achilles, the injury was unavoidable as long as KD wanted to play. Don't forget, Kawhi didn't play because he felt discomfort that the Spurs doctors couldn't account for. KD felt ready to play and the doctors couldn't find any reason to say no. Totally different situations.
The hottest of takes...
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#77 » by likemycurryhot » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:43 am

Given Kawhi’s injury history, his load management approach, the heavy minutes he’s played these playoffs, and his dragging his leg around for the past two weeks, I wonder if the Toronto franchise would get raked over the coals if he were to go down with a thigh injury? I tend to doubt it.
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#78 » by bballguy50 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:14 am

likemycurryhot wrote:Given Kawhi’s injury history, his load management approach, the heavy minutes he’s played these playoffs, and his dragging his leg around for the past two weeks, I wonder if the Toronto franchise would get raked over the coals if he were to go down with a thigh injury? I tend to doubt it.

Highly doubt it. The overarching narrative is to see the Warriors eventually implode because of the hate bred from continued success, and media will latch onto anything with that. And subsequently, so will easily influenced/emotional/unstable fans.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#79 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:39 am

maternal85 wrote:

Such a lame post. Clearly you have no clue
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#80 » by superunknown » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:44 am

to me, media have the greatest responsabilities in this sequence of events.
look at how all of them (with very few exceptions) are trying to read between the lines of every statement from the organization or the coach and even of KD's IG post. look at how all of them are trying to dissect every single word including even the tone of voice used to pronounce those words. I mean, seriously? the tone of voice?! and this is now that the injury occured and KD is definitely out. the weeks before the injury the level of conversation and takes on tv, newspapers and social media was even worse. out of a sudden, every sport analysts, every commentator, every twitter account holder turned into a doctor with a degree from Harvard or a psycologist with a master from stanford....simply ridiculous.
media are disgusting. they are power-hungry bottom feeders of the worst breed. they have no ethics, no integrity and, more importantly, no connection with reality. most of the time they speculate without even doublecheck a piece of information just for the sake of speculating. I have no respect for them. they're literally full of ****.

Return to Golden State Warriors