NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who's raising a banner?

Dubs in 7
34%
Raps in 6
56%
Raps in 7
10%

Total votes: 241

durka
Starter
And1: 1,031

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#221 » by durka » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:11 am

Just by looking at the boxscore, as well as the eye test, the difference last game was the 1 full quarter GSW had KD. You can cherry pick calls, nin calls, timeouts or lack there of, but the Raps won every other quarter besides the first. They lost game 2 because of an uncharacteristic scoreless drought. I think at the end of the day they are the better team without KD on the floor, I can't see them losing 3 in a row. The only way is if curry and Thompson just go nuclear (which is obviously possible).
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,684

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#222 » by California Gold » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:45 am

If the Warriors allow the Raptors to beat them 4 times at Oracle in one season, they deserve to lose.

I think it goes 7 and then essentially becomes a 50/50 type of a game.
estendius
Junior
And1: 304

Post#223 » by estendius » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:04 am

I think gsw can force a game 7.
But in game 7, a bit bias to the Raptors. I have a feeling that the refs can help them in 50/50 ball in their home court.
=> Raps in 7.
jimbutton4
Freshman
And1: 40

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#224 » by jimbutton4 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:39 am

Vlade Divac wrote:
PizzaSteve wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:Is this guy ever gonna cool off???

Klay Thompson in Finals is shooting from three 57.6% with 20 threes made in 3 and half games. That is insane!!!

Thanks for recognizing this. This is also against excellent Toronto defense. He is also one of the better defenders, yet many raptors fans were calling him trash and over rated in these threads and other before the finals. He also is playing injured, one bad enough he missed a game completely.

The Raptors are getting great play from many on their team, and if it continues I expect a title. That said, if the GS MASH unit somehow performs the unlikely, who is top FMVP candidate, Green and Klay, Curry?

He positively CANNOT keep up with these ridiculous numbers, he is human (I think), but if GS wins and he keeps it with more realistic numbers it has to be him!

I surely hope so! I've got $1000 on Klay for finals MVP at x31. Would be a nice payout!
cjx
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,480

Post#225 » by cjx » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:50 am

The media and fans have cannibalized KD. It's hard to say "no" or "this isn't right for me" when everyone surrounding you is pushing the opposite. King Kawhi was able to overcome the pressure, but it's very hard.
Take a couple of minutes and check out this comic book, my friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/574101710/the-assemblage-issue-1a-courage-and-no-more-crises
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#226 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:24 pm

Not one ** was given when Kawhi got hurt and warriors went on to beat the spurs. I sometimes feel the raptor players are too nice, they need to get over KD got hurt and beat them because it's clear that raptors have been the better team. Lowry and gasol especially, this may be your best chance and you can't feel sorry based on what the Warriors org decided to do. It sucks as a fan to see KD actually really hurt and miss significant time even though I hated on him for joining the already great warriors. Part of me wants him to still leave to another team as they don't deserve him.
Read
15Years
Veteran
And1: 7,012

Post#227 » by 15Years » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:59 pm

Speaking of classless.

So for all you mucks talking about karma don't forget the dirtiest team in recent history
PizzaSteve
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Post#228 » by PizzaSteve » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:37 pm

15Years wrote:

Speaking of classless.

So for all you mucks talking about karma don't forget the dirtiest team in recent history

Really? Anyone can make a utube video around an agenda, and reposting it is classless. It adds nothing but contributing to hate.

If you want to be angry and hurt, and make your sports competition an enemy you certainly can do it, but it is not good for your mental health.

By the way, KDs reinjury was partly caused by contact with Siakam's foot as he moved into KDs space, Klay was bumped from behind which took him out for a game, and Kawhi certainly took Looney out. The media wont go there because that isnt the narrative. You want to believe only warriors players "cause" accidental injuries via sports contact. I could say 'sweep the leg' was in The Raps playbook just as much, but I wont. (edit to clarify: these comments were meant as ironic, per my later statement in bold caps..i do not blame players for injuries, just mentioning contact occured, which is almost always the case).

P.S. People forget the warriors owned the spurs that season. While behind that game, they certainly didnt need to take him out to win. Also, that ankle was injured in the prior series. Kawhi reagrevated it, but it wasnt originally caused in a GS game. Just like KD, he was playing on an existing injury. What might have been nothing took him out because he was already weakened in that spot. These conspiracy theories are rediculous. These guys are serious rivals, then play all star and national team games together just fine, then become team mates, and even party together with rapper buddies. NO WAY ANY NBA TEAM IS INTENTIONALLY INJURING OTHERS, IT COSTS THEM ALL MONEY. Dirty play is the fastest way to lose endorsements. It just doesnt happen. Some are aggressive, some the 'tough guys', but it stops there. Hard play on the edge is how you win, hence injuries.
15Years
Veteran

Post#229 » by 15Years » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:51 pm

PizzaSteve wrote:
15Years wrote:

Speaking of classless.

Really? Anyone can make a utube video around an agenda, and reposting it is classless. It adds nothing but contributing to hate.

If you want to be angry and hurt, and make your sports competition an enemy you certainly can do it, but it is not good for your mental health.

By the way, KDs reinjury was partly caused by contact with Siakam's foot as he moved into KDs space, Klay was bumbed from behind which took him out dor a game, and Kawhi certainly took Looney out. The media wont go there because that isnt the narrative. You want to believe only warriors players "cause" accidental injuries via sports contact. I could say 'sweep the leg' was in The Raps playbook just as much, but I wont.

KD's reinjury has to do with siakam?

Klay flopping and trying to create contact on a three is our fault too huh

Read on Twitter

So a strong drive into a defender is a dirty play huh

You know what's hurting looney? Warriors not shutting him down, instead letting him play through an injury saying he won't get any worse however same was said about KD's calf. What did steve kerr say? The most he could do is tweak it? Yeah, so there's no real trust with how warriors treat their injured players.

You honestly came here with BS trying to defend a warriors team that has had a bevy of dirty plays with the dirtiest player in the league in draymond green is pretty shameful.
PizzaSteve
Veteran

Post#230 » by PizzaSteve » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:58 pm

15Years wrote:
PizzaSteve wrote:
15Years wrote:

Speaking of classless.

By the way, KDs reinjury was partly caused by contact with Siakam's foot as he moved into KDs space, Klay was bumbed from behind which took him out dor a game, and Kawhi certainly took Looney out. The media wont go there because that isnt the narrative. You want to believe only warriors players "cause" accidental injuries via sports contact. I could say 'sweep the leg' was in The Raps playbook just as much, but I wont.

Read on Twitter

You know what's hurting looney? Warriors not shutting him down, instead letting him play through an injury saying he won't get any worse however same was said about KD's calf. What did steve kerr say? The most he could do is tweak it? Yeah, so there's no real trust with how warriors treat their injured players.

You honestly came here with BS trying to defend a warriors team that has had a bevy of dirty plays with the dirtiest player in the league in draymond green is pretty shameful.

Your not showing the other foot which clipped his toe and threw him off balance. But you completely ignore my whole point by getting into the hair splitting biased narrative.

I was claiming none of these are intentional. Geeze. Cant you read? I even put it in ALL CAPS! But tin foil hat conspiracy guys gonna tin foil hat all day long and obsess and clip videos together. You arent a russian troll trying to spead hate among allies are you? They legit are doing that. Dont aid their cause by reposting fake news. You are basically doing that. In the US they posted ads to get blacks angry at whites, women at men, Dems at other Dems, Republicans at Judicial system, anger over tax policy, anger over trade policy. Their goals was just sew hate to weaken the spirits of friends.

Toronto Rocks. The Bay Area Rocks. We love each other like brothers, two great teams, the best. So why you spew hate?
15Years
Veteran

Post#231 » by 15Years » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:02 pm

PizzaSteve wrote:
15Years wrote:
PizzaSteve wrote:Really? Anyone can make a utube video around an agenda, and reposting it is classless. It adds nothing but contributing to hate.

Read on Twitter

Your not showing the other foot which clipped his toe and threw him off balance. But you completely ignore my whole point by getting into the hair splitting biased narrative.

I was claiming none of these are intentional. Geeze. Cant you read? I even put it in ALL CAPS!

Get your pizza ready steve cause KD ruptures his tendon on the explosion to the left hand dribble. So you spitting anything but facts just shows you have nothing. Siakam wasn't even guarding him it was ibaka. Not sure how can miss so much of this.
PizzaSteve
Veteran

Post#232 » by PizzaSteve » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:07 pm

15Years wrote:stuff.....

Get your pizza ready steve cause KD ruptures his tendon on the explosion to the left hand dribble. So you spitting anything but facts just shows you have nothing. Siakam wasn't even guarding him it was ibaka. Not sure how can miss so much of this.

You are right, i typed the wrong player name...Im getting old. Did you again read what I typed. It was a hypothetical example of biased hate. No need to disprove it because my whole point was that it would be nonsense, if proposed. I will admit my error. Can you?

You ignore the whole point of my post to argue. It is not healthy. So no Raptors are ever at fault for anything. I can now see how the refs are so biased now. Every foul is missunderstanding their intentions. Every warriors play is a dirty act of terror. Would hate to watch sports that way, but your life. I admit my perceiptions of fouls may be off, but thinking opponents intentionally injure is above my grade of bias.
15Years
Veteran

Post#233 » by 15Years » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:13 pm

PizzaSteve wrote:

You are right, i typed the wrong player name...Im getting old. Did you again read what I typed. It was a hypothetical example of biased hate. No need to disprove it because my whole point was that it would be nonsense, if proposed. I will admit my error. Can you?

You ignore the whole point of my post to argue. It is not healthy. So no if Raptors are ever at fault for anything, I can see how the refs are so biased now. Every foul is missunderstanding their intentions. Every warriors play is a dirty act of terror. Would hate to watch sports that way, but your life.

You said a toe tripped up kd did you not? You brought up klays injury in a vague way did yiu not? You brought up looneys injury on a drive, for what reason? The only one projecting here is you I never said the refs are biased. I never said fouls were intentional or not in the series. So yeah I don't know how you can say so little by projecting so much.
PizzaSteve
Veteran

Post#234 » by PizzaSteve » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:14 pm

15Years wrote:
PizzaSteve wrote:

You ignore the whole point of my post to argue. It is not healthy. So no if Raptors are ever at fault for anything, I can see how the refs are so biased now. Every foul is missunderstanding their intentions. Every warriors play is a dirty act of terror. Would hate to watch sports that way, but your life.

You said a toe tripped up kd did you not? You brought up klays injury in a vague way did yiu not? You brought up looneys injury on a drive, for what reason? The only one projecting here is you I never said the refs are biased. I never said fouls were intentional or not in the series. So yeah I don't know how you can say so little by projecting so much.

Its clear you dont read.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,625

Post#235 » by Bruin » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:25 pm

PizzaSteve wrote:
15Years wrote:
PizzaSteve wrote:

Its clear you dont read.

You clearly said our defender clipped his toe making him lose his balance...serge never touched Durant in any way that would affect the injury
15Years
Veteran

Post#236 » by 15Years » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:29 pm

PizzaSteve wrote:
15Years wrote:
PizzaSteve wrote:

Its clear you dont read.

You're the one saying the raptors are dirty too with that sweep the leg reference. But then you go on a diatribe about ref bias assumptions and accusing players of doing things they didn't. Lol I'm done here
PizzaSteve
Veteran

Post#237 » by PizzaSteve » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:35 pm

PrinceAli wrote:
PizzaSteve wrote:
15Years wrote:You said a toe tripped up kd did you not? You brought up klays injury in a vague way did yiu not? You brought up looneys injury on a drive, for what reason? The only one projecting here is you I never said the refs are biased. I never said fouls were intentional or not in the series. So yeah I don't know how you can say so little by projecting so much.

Its clear you dont read.

You clearly said our defender clipped his toe making him lose his balance...serge never touched Durant in any way that would affect the injury

Are you claiming there was no contact between the right foot and KDs left foot imediately prior to this?

Are you not reading that in every post I said there is no intention to injure by any of this contact?

You are a very frustrating person. Your need to appear right all the time and not listen to others must frustrate your loved ones. Peace to you and I hope you enjoy the rest of the Finals.

Please go back and read my posts and try to understand my intention. 100% to only say players do not intentionally injure others. You think otherwise. We disagree. That is ok. You can have the last word, I wont reply again.
15Years
Veteran

Post#238 » by 15Years » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:37 pm

PizzaSteve wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
PizzaSteve wrote:Its clear you dont read.

Are you claiming there was no contact between the right foot and KDs left foot imediately prior to this?

Are you not reading that in every post I said there is no intention to injure by any of this contact?

You are a very frustrating person. Your need to appear right all the time and not listen to others must frustrate your loved ones. Peace to you and I hope you enjoy the rest of the Finals.

Please go back and read my posts and try to understand my intention. 100% to only say players do not intentionally injure others. You think otherwise. We disagree. That is ok. You can have the last word, I wont reply again.

Go watch the video brocolli Steve. Stop projecting.
Son Goku 25
RealGM

Post#239 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:44 pm

15Years wrote:
PizzaSteve wrote:
15Years wrote:

Speaking of classless.

Read on Twitter

These playoffs have proved warriors organization are a bunch of scumbags, literally ruined kd career by being selfish. I won't even comment about the flops curry cousins pull off on a daily.
Read
Son Goku 25
RealGM

Post#240 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:45 pm

15Years wrote:
PizzaSteve wrote:

Pizza Steve needs to hold the L, the video proof provided by 15 years is overwhelming.
Read

Return to The General Board