ImageImageImage

Tacko Fall Signed to Two-Way (10-13-19)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#421 » by 31to6 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:52 pm

So the SL in the title means Starting Lineup, amirite? :wink:
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#422 » by cloverleaf » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:52 pm

31to6 wrote:So the SL in the title means Starting Lineup, amirite? :wink:

Ha ha--maybe a year early. That Tacko and Rob frontcourt, once Rob gets his 3-ball down, is gonna be a killer!
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#423 » by cloverleaf » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:58 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:Tacko either gets 2 way, makes roster which means a 2 yr. rookie deal, or we sign him to Maine and risk some other team offering contract. Due to rescinding Theis QO and signing him, we cannot offer Tacko or Waters a 4 year rookie deal. I think Waters is a guy team is high on so but don’t really need this year with Wannamaker. I bet they would rather keep him (Waters) in Maine and keep option to give him 4 year deal next year so they don’t get a Brogdon situation.

This, IMO, means Tacko will be the guy to get 15th roster spot.

Why would Tacko sign a two way real? He will walk and sign 4 year deal odds are few million a year. He might take 5 million two years if they swear he plays 10 to 15 minutes a game. If not he walks. Brad hates bigs and Danny well he will say we tried to sign him.

Why would he? So he can play in NBA some day.

1. Nobody drafted him
2. His per 36 min numbers for SL were 7 ppg, 4 rpg....but he only played 12 min per game
3. His lane agility, vertical leap, shuttle runs were bottom 6% of all centers who have ever been measured at combine
4. All his offense comes as a post player and he has 19% turnover rate in post
5. On pick and roll he only converts 6% of time.

If somebody wants to pay him $5 million for 2 years, then he won’t be a Celtic and I would congratulate him.

What does Tacko need a vertical leap for? Or, for that matter, much lane agility either, considering his wingspan? And those weren't his per-36 #, they were for the 12 minutes per game he averaged. And he wasn't used to finish a lot when when setting picks in college. So what? He's still learning and has other strengths. The dude averaged a 26.1 PER, .185 WS/48, and 8.1 BPM through 4 years of college--as a near newcomer to basketball. In that time, he had a career O/DRtg of 111.2/89.7. In his last season, he averaged 18/12 with 4 blocks and fewer than 3 TOs per 40.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#424 » by cloverleaf » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:48 pm

For those who can't get enough Tacko Fall:

https://www.athletespeakers.com/speaker/tacko-fall
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#425 » by GoCeltics123 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:40 pm

Read on Twitter
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#426 » by GoCeltics123 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:50 pm

Read on Twitter
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#427 » by Green89 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:12 pm

sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#428 » by sam_I_am » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:26 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:Why would Tacko sign a two way real? He will walk and sign 4 year deal odds are few million a year. He might take 5 million two years if they swear he plays 10 to 15 minutes a game. If not he walks. Brad hates bigs and Danny well he will say we tried to sign him.

1. Nobody drafted him
2. His per 36 min numbers for SL were 7 ppg, 4 rpg....but he only played 12 min per game
3. His lane agility, vertical leap, shuttle runs were bottom 6% of all centers who have ever been measured at combine

If somebody wants to pay him $5 million for 2 years, then he won’t be a Celtic and I would congratulate him.

What does Tacko need a vertical leap for? Or, for that matter, much lane agility either, considering his wingspan? And those weren't his per-36 #, they were for the 12 minutes per game he averaged. And he wasn't used to finish a lot when when setting picks in college. So what? He's still learning and has other strengths. The dude averaged a 26.1 PER, .185 WS/48, and 8.1 BPM through 4 years of college--as a near newcomer to basketball. In that time, he had a career O/DRtg of 111.2/89.7. In his last season, he averaged 18/12 with 4 blocks and fewer than 3 TOs per 40.

It matters because there are and have been 7-4 guys in NBA like Ralph Sampson, Yao Ming, Porzingis who are/were incredibly quick, agile and with hops who still had struggles in NBA. There is a 7 footer named Giannis who can jump from foul line and dunk and run fast break. There is a 7 footer named Durant who is a deadly 3 pt shooter. Being a 7-7 stiff with wingspan just isn’t good enough. I think we all have higher hopes for Tacko - we all hope, as the quote above states, that his growth in the few months since college is going to continue all season.....but it really really has to accelerate at that rate....because right now he isn’t good enough. Definitely worth a flyer. Just my opinion based on observation of SL.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#429 » by cloverleaf » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:28 pm

Green89 wrote:

Tacko is no stiff.

And all those players you mention had or have had good NBA careers, while still being shorties compared to Tacko!
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#430 » by Green89 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:32 pm

Read on Twitter
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#431 » by Tiny ball » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:45 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:

1. Nobody drafted him

It matters because there are and have been 7-4 guys in NBA like Ralph Sampson, Yao Ming, Porzingis who are/were incredibly quick, agile and with hops who still had struggles in NBA. There is a 7 footer named Giannis who can jump from foul line and dunk and run fast break. There is a 7 footer named Durant who is a deadly 3 pt shooter. Being a 7-7 stiff with wingspan just isn’t good enough. I think we all have higher hopes for Tacko - we all hope, as the quote above states, that his growth in the few months since college is going to continue all season.....but it really really has to accelerate at that rate....because right now he isn’t good enough. Definitely worth a flyer. Just my opinion based on observation of SL.
He is going to kick some ass in the NBA. He is past good enough to near unstoppable.
JmacBronco68
Ballboy
And1: 76

Post#432 » by JmacBronco68 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:52 pm

Tacko doesn't have to be KD or Sampson or Giannis to be worth the 15th spot. He just has to impact the game along the lines of other backup centers like Robin Lopez, WCS, Kosta Koufus, Kyle O'Quinn, etc.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#433 » by Tiny ball » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:02 pm

JmacBronco68 wrote:Tacko doesn't have to be KD or Sampson or Giannis to be worth the 15th spot. He just has to impact the game along the lines of other backup centers like Robin Lopez, WCS, Kosta Koufus, Kyle O'Quinn, etc.

He is like a tank going up against armored cars. He is going to destroy people that get in his way.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#434 » by Tiny ball » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:06 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
JmacBronco68 wrote:Tacko doesn't have to be KD or Sampson or Giannis to be worth the 15th spot. He just has to impact the game along the lines of other backup centers like Robin Lopez, WCS, Kosta Koufus, Kyle O'Quinn, etc.

He is like a tank going up against armored cars. He is going to destroy people that get in his way.
Brad hates bigs. So should Tacko stay and Brad go. My vote is for Tacko. Bigger is better when you play center.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 8,981

Post#435 » by Bad-Thoma » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:32 pm

Tiny ball wrote: Brad hates bigs.

You are aware that just because you say something like it's true that doesn't make it true, right?
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#436 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:43 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:

You are aware that just because you say something like it's true that doesn't make it true, right?

He's been making crap up like this all offseason.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#437 » by Tiny ball » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:45 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:

He ran Horford out of town playing him at center. He seemed to refuse to want to win anyway but his way. I think he just refused to use Baynes and Horford together last year but they nearly got us to the finals the year before with couple young pups.
He abused Horford. He would not even give Williams development minutes. He could not get bigs in college and he not has a huge grudge against bigs.imho
Roland2000
Sophomore
And1: 359

Post#438 » by Roland2000 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:13 pm

The guy has so much potential. I am truly shocked that this is even a discussion. At the very least, develop him, pump up his value and use him to get an even better player.

I think they underestimated him and, while doing so, really filled in their big man spots with other good candidates like Kanter and Poirier. They also have Time Lord. So, at the moment, they are loaded. Time Lord better figure out how to be a power forward real quick. Otherwise, he's not getting much playing time at all. They have Theis too....who has to try power forward....

Anyway, I think Tacko will keep improving. He's just at the beginning of his development.
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#439 » by OldCeltics » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:30 pm

If you put Tacko in for 20 min this year he'll at least get block shots, defend drives to rim, and get a few layups.

On a bad team Tacko could easily get 10 points, 8 boards, 3blk this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#440 » by sam_I_am » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:01 pm

OldCeltics wrote:If you put Tacko in for 20 min this year he'll at least get block shots, defend drives to rim, and get a few layups.

On a bad team Tacko could easily get 10 points, 8 boards, 3blk this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app

I think you underestimate how much harder it is to score in paint at NBA level compared to SL. Nothing is easy. His slow and deliberate post moves will get eaten alive at next level, and nobody has patience to set them up anymore anyway. To score he is going to have to learn to roll, catch and finish quickly. And why can’t he? Seems easier than a sky hook anyway.

To the point that he only needs to be good enough to be 15th man.....if that is true.....then who cares anyway? We want the next Rudy Gobert .... not the next Kosta Koufos....I mean come on.....there is more to this than just getting free Tacos because he barely squeaks onto roster.

Return to Boston Celtics